Golf Balls Direct Near Mint (AAAA) Sale

domer

[quote name='ctonr' timestamp='1427972627' post='11267181']
Received 4 dozen 2014 Pro V1x yesterday. Two were scuffed enough that I'll put them in the shag bag, and there was one 2010 Pro V1x. Overall the condition is 4.5A if that makes sense. I'm very happy.
[/quote]

I bought the Prov1X's myself. Thrilled withe the condition/deal.

Kinda bummed to hear other guys aren't, but it sounds like the seller is doing whatever is needed to make things right.

X________________________________ Sign Here

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made 2 orders of Lethals as well as a bunch of the Callaway Tour Mix and some 2014 Pro V1xs (some are for friends but the majority are mine). Still have quite a few of the Woot Lethals too. I have a pretty large inventory of golf balls, and I usually only go through 2 at most a round, but at the prices offered by GBD I couldn't pass them up.

My second order of Lethals was in slightly worse condition than the first order, but I'm kind of splitting hairs as they were all still 4A. The Pro V1xs I received were in better condition than I expected for 4A.

These guys are still on my short list for used balls at this point, but really going to try to resist any future sales. :)

[quote name='Russ757' timestamp='1427975933' post='11267341']
[quote name='gocougs666' timestamp='1427932611' post='11264833']
[b]To the guy that bought 18 dozen: what are you going to do with 216 golf balls? I feel like they would be obsolete by the time you got through all of them. I'd be spending that money on lessons if I needed that many a season lol[/b].
[/quote]

well I bought thirty so I guess I can answer

A) I can
B) I spent less that $200 and have a premium ball for the next oh I don't know years. How much has (insert wrx member here) wasted on clubs this year and its just now April?
C) I will be dead before a ball becomes obsolete
D) Lets say I play 3 rounds a week and use up (ie lost, damaged, whatever) 4 balls a round which is reasonable. That's a dozen a week, times 7 months a year...... 28 dz.
E) You also assume that there are great instructors on every corner. When I first started I tried 3 different "PGAd" instructors and none of them did anything constructive to my game. Talk about a waste of money.
[/quote]

Only bought 17 dozen :(

But I do love it when people tell me how to spend my money. The 17doz cost $101 in total. How many lessons can you get for $100? Maybe 1.25? Probably just 1.

Can you post your most recent bank statement? Im sure we could correct a few dumb purchases you've made.

Thank you! Not asking for much, just to be recognized that there are worse purchases to be made out there.

But who says it wont work out? I actually thought ahead and ordered balls that weren't being gobbled up by WRX. Got hex black, hex chrome/+, and some other misc. I have high hopes for my purchase. Will be arriving today, i'll be sure to report back.

[quote name='StezzGolfer' timestamp='1427991302' post='11269173']
Thank you! Not asking for much, just to be recognized that there are worse purchases to be made out there.

But who says it wont work out? I actually thought ahead and ordered balls that weren't being gobbled up by WRX. Got hex black, hex chrome/+, and some other misc. I have high hopes for my purchase. Will be arriving today, i'll be sure to report back.
[/quote]

Mine isn't going to work out because the quality of balls were not up to snuff, and the customer service was poor and condescending. My bundle is boxed back up and ready to go back and there [b]WILL NOT[/b] be a next order.

I received my first order of 6 dozen balls and they were a mix or pro v1's and z stars and only 1 ball was a practice ball and every other ball was in great condition and had a few player marks and logos but they don't bother me. I am going to order 6 dozen more since they are offering free shipping on every order and the 20% still works.

[quote name='boothbym' timestamp='1428006643' post='11271177']
I received my first order of 6 dozen balls and they were a mix or pro v1's and z stars and only 1 ball was a practice ball and every other ball was in great condition and had a few player marks and logos but they don't bother me. I am going to order 6 dozen more since they are offering free shipping on every order and the 20% still works.
[/quote]

20% off was only a one time thing I thought? Free shipping is awesome!

I purchased 50 mint Srixon ZStar yellow balls from LGB. This is the third lot I've bought from LGB over two years. Each lot has included balls that have hit the cart trail (last time 11, this time 9, first time I don't remember the quantity). I'm not talking wedge rash or finish peeling, I'm talking cart trail collision. I realize that a scuff on a yellow ball is harder to see than a scuff on a proV, but twenty percent scuffs for "mint" balls is becoming hard to swallow.

LGB's solution was to email me a return and to then to replace the balls. This is great but it obligates me to package scuffs that I don't want and didn't agree to purchase and to arrange return shipping. How about just adequately inspecting the balls and selling the customer what s/he agreed to buy?

Last trip for me.

[quote name='blueshabit' timestamp='1428014496' post='11271993']
I purchased 50 mint Srixon ZStar yellow balls from LGB. This is the third lot I've bought from LGB over two years. Each lot has included balls that have hit the cart trail (last time 11, this time 9, first time I don't remember the quantity). I'm not talking wedge rash or finish peeling, I'm talking cart trail collision. I realize that a scuff on a yellow ball is harder to see than a scuff on a proV, but twenty percent scuffs for "mint" balls is becoming hard to swallow.

LGB's solution was to email me a return and to then to replace the balls. This is great but it obligates me to package scuffs that I don't want and didn't agree to purchase and to arrange return shipping. How about just adequately inspecting the balls and selling the customer what s/he agreed to buy?

Last trip for me.
[/quote]

?

We are talking about GBD here..

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Haven't received my order yet but I think considering the sheer volume of balls purchased. Only one bad customer service response seems like they are doing a very good job keeping up.

I think it's unfair to jubge them on one portion of a conversation that can be takin out of context. it would be interesting to see the entire conversation. Tone and intent are always tricky with email. Either way, you weren't happy and got your money back. In my mind that seems very fair.

[quote name='Beels' timestamp='1426697300' post='11166895']
Ordered 6 dozen Titleist NXT Tour AAAA last night and got shipping confirmation this morning. $39 shipped. Will also report on condition when I get them. Got them shipped to my old man in Arizona who's coming home early next month.
[/quote]
Balls made it here the other day. Very impressed with the condition for AAAA. Can't find any scuffs, many balls look as close to new as new, some marker and logos. Will buy from again.

I ordered 2 dozen z-star for 18 which included shipping. Can not be happier with my order. Many look unhit and some have sharpie on them. Otherwise a very satisfied customer.

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

Just picked up 7 dozen AAAA Taylormade TP3 shipped for just less than their original retail thanks to the new20 promo code and the Shell Open free shipping deal they had. I believe I ordered Sunday and got here to Michigan by Friday.

As to the quality of the balls:
I expect the used balls to have player markings so I ignored that aspect. Around 6 logo balls. Maybe a dozen or so had some slight discoloration, and I would say maybe a dozen have some kind of scuff (mostly the discolored ones). So for less than the price of a dozen NIB I was able to get 5 1/2 dozen balls in great condition, and another 1 1/2 dozen that I would easily put into play for a practice round.

Overall, the quality of the balls is great, and it seems like customer service has been great for the vast majority that have had problems. If they keep their prices this competitive I will definitely be reordering when I need more.

Ping G30 LST 9*-----------Project X LZ Handcrafted 6.5
Nike Covert 2.0------------Motore 8.2x
Nike Covert 1.0-------------Kai'li 80x
Adams A12 Pro 4-P------- KBS c-taper x
50* Nike Engage SS-------DG TI S400
54* Nike Engage TS-------DG TI S400
58 Nike Engage DS--------DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14

Just received my 3 dozen last night. Yeah, yeah I know only three dozen...but let me say, WOW, now I realize why you guys are stocking up on dozens of dozens.

I ordered 2 dozen Penta-TP3 (5A)...these things are beauts. No scratches, no dings, and only 1 with a faded marking on it. Extremely satisfied, these balls could be straight out of the box from what I can tell.

Also picked up a dozen ProV1 practice and x-outs (4A). Probably more surprised with the quality of these. Clean, no scratches, no markings. Out of the 12, 3 are V1X's...not really a concern for me. 3 are x-outs...the rest practice.

Overall, 3 dozen for $22 and free shipping was a steal. Ordered last weekend and they were here on Thursday. The 20% off helped too, but all I can say is that whenever they have deals like this around I'll definitely be giving them first looks and potentially going from 3 dozen to 10 dozen...

10 doz mixed brands/models (Z Star, NXT, e5, Hex Black, Precept Lady IQ+). AAAA for all but the Precept. Only one scuff that I could find. The Lady Precepts were AAAAA, but many seemed to be discolored. Not a big deal, may be the nature of the beast - pink may fade easily, I dunno.
Anyway, I was very happy with my order. Really couldn't believe how blemish-free the balls were for AAAA.