Golf Balls Direct Near Mint (AAAA) Sale

domer

[quote name='clayc' timestamp='1427201812' post='11204055']
ordered 4 dozen 5A Lethals. they got here in 2 days - shipped Priority Mail for $6 shipping. I've bought a ton from LGB but the quality from golf balls direct is definitely superior to LGB. will be ordering from them again.
[/quote]

I think you're definitely right. I'm much happier with the quality from GBD than from LGB. Prices seem to be fairly similar, and with the GBD sale it can't be beat. Out of the four dozen Lethals I picked up there were only a handful I wouldn't feel good about using in a tournament round. Wish I had grabbed more honestly, but with about 10 dozen balls in my apartment it might not be practical.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='clayc' timestamp='1427201812' post='11204055']
ordered 4 dozen 5A Lethals. they got here in 2 days - shipped Priority Mail for $6 shipping. I've bought a ton from LGB but the quality from golf balls direct is definitely superior to LGB. will be ordering from them again.
[/quote]

Why never found them??
Checking every day but nothing available!

Edit: ok it's a different site sorry

As an update - I'm extremely happy with the quality of my order. Will definitely be using them time and time again in the future. All of them looked like they'd been hit once and then lost. I had one TP3 mixed in with my TP5s, but that's such a small issue I'm not even worried about it.

Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Oban Tour Proto 65 04
Titleist 915F 15*, Tour AD-DI 8S
Titleist 915H 21*, Tour AD-DI 95S
Apex Pro 4-AW, PXi 6.0
Scotty Cameron Futura X
SM5 56* & 60*

You guys cleaned everything out! The only thing left right now are Taylormade Pentas lol.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9 degrees - Ventus Blue 5S
Sim Max 3HL 16.5 - Ventus Red 6S

Callaway Apex UW @21 - Ventus Red 7s
Titleist TS2 4H @23 - Ventus blue 8s
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G- Nippon 950GH
Titleist SM8 54, 60
Bettinardi Queen Bee 6 - Stability Shaft

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 - Stability Tour

[quote name='Hateto3Putt' timestamp='1427211859' post='11205231']
Just got my "balls shipped" email!
[/quote]

Shipping emails have been like clockwork, just got mine as well. Very impressed with the quick service and condition. Anyone know if this "sale" is a right now thing, or are their prices normally this good?

Just received mine. I got in late on the offer and I feel that showed in the quality of balls I received. I was extremely excited when I saw some of the initial pics of the Lethal's that others had received. Mine on the other hand was a very mixed bag almost a 50/50 split of "okay, that is a 4a ball" and "really, must have been running out to fill this order."

My reasoning for pulling the trigger on this was to supply my boys with balls for the spring and summer so that mission was still accomplished. My mind set changed a bit after seeing the initial quality of these balls in the first few post. I play the Lethal and was going to go back and order more due to the quality being so high. I know that they are sold out now, but if they weren't, after seeing mine, there would not be a second purchase. Yes, I am a picky player, but the half that did not make the cut were deeply scrapped, severely yellowing, and balls that would instantly make the shag bag.

I will say that even though they missed it on half the order, shipping and overall price was very attractive and prompt on the communication side.

The boy's will be happy and that is what matters. Good luck with everyone else's orders. The Srixon balls that I have seen posted seemed almost new...hindsight.

KRis

[quote name='taylormade113' timestamp='1427220351' post='11206269']
Just received mine. I got in late on the offer and I feel that showed in the quality of balls I received. I was extremely excited when I saw some of the initial pics of the Lethal's that others had received. Mine on the other hand was a very mixed bag almost a 50/50 split of "okay, that is a 4a ball" and "really, must have been running out to fill this order."

My reasoning for pulling the trigger on this was to supply my boys with balls for the spring and summer so that mission was still accomplished. My mind set changed a bit after seeing the initial quality of these balls in the first few post. I play the Lethal and was going to go back and order more due to the quality being so high. I know that they are sold out now, but if they weren't, after seeing mine, there would not be a second purchase. Yes, I am a picky player, but the half that did not make the cut were deeply scrapped, severely yellowing, and balls that would instantly make the shag bag.

I will say that even though they missed it on half the order, shipping and overall price was very attractive and prompt on the communication side.

The boy's will be happy and that is what matters. Good luck with everyone else's orders. The Srixon balls that I have seen posted seemed almost new...hindsight.

KRis
[/quote]

Now I'm a little worried! I guess we expected high quality but can't be too disappointed with how cheap they were

KRis
[/quote]

May as well contact them and see if they're willing to help with your order, not only for your own happiness but so we all know how they handle that sort of thing as well. :) But really, I bet they'd be willing to right the ship for you.

KRis
[/quote]

I just got my order today. I ordered 2 dozen Lethals and 2 dozen yellow ZStars.

My yellow Srixon balls were in very good shape. A few that I'd hold in reserve, but most were as implied, "nearly mint."

My Lethals were in the same shape as taylormade113's. Many showed significant scuffing, and a couple were practice balls. Very few were in "nearly mint" condition, based on my limited experience. One had a gash in the cover that renders it unplayable for anything except hitting it into the woods or ocean (I do neither of these things, at least not intentionally). I definitely agree that it felt like they were stretching to fill the order. If I were basing the decision to order again on these balls, I would probably hold off or opt for AAAAA balls instead.

Overall, I appreciate the tip and I'm sure I'll get $30 of value out of them, which may be all that matters. I just had higher hopes based on the above pictures and accounts, but my results were less satisfying.

Thanks, OP, and everyone else in the thread.

[quote name='taylormade113' timestamp='1427224802' post='11206879']
I have emailed them and will report back on the outcome.

THanks

Kris
[/quote]

Good, I hope they make things right because I ordered ProV1's and as everyone knows they get scuffs if you look at them wrong.

Any Prov buyers get their balls yet? What say you? Condition acceptable?

X________________________________ Sign Here

I think the GolfWRX rush the last couple days has them scrambling to fill all these orders. I mean most of you guys have ordered multiple dozens of golf balls within 1 to 2 days.. lol . That's a lot. Seems like those who got in on the back end of this deal are suffering a bit in their quality. Glad I held off. Will be interested to see how they attempt to right the ship for those who are contacting them with their dissatisfaction. Good luck guys. Their prices are right though, so you can't be THAT disappointed for those who received 3A balls in their 4A order.

KRis
[/quote]
[quote name='Olde Maroon' timestamp='1427224437' post='11206839']

KRis
[/quote]

My yellow Srixon balls were in very good shape. A few that I'd hold in reserve, but most were as implied, "nearly mint."

My Lethals were in the same shape as taylormade113's. Many showed significant scuffing, and a couple were practice balls. Very few were in "nearly mint" condition, based on my limited experience. One had a gash in the cover that renders it unplayable for anything except hitting it into the woods or ocean (I do neither of these things, at least not intentionally). I definitely agree that it felt like they were stretching to fill the order. If I were basing the decision to order again on these balls, I would probably hold off or opt for AAAAA balls instead.

Overall, I appreciate the tip and I'm sure I'll get $30 of value out of them, which may be all that matters. I just had higher hopes based on the above pictures and accounts, but my results were less satisfying.

[/quote]

Can I ask the both which condition the both of you ordered? It does seem that the first ones who got in in the beginning got the better balls.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

[quote name='squishyy' timestamp='1427239617' post='11208661']

KRis
[/quote]

KRis
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can I ask the both which condition the both of you ordered? It does seem that the first ones who got in in the beginning got the better balls.
[/quote]

4A.

I am not overly put out for the price that I paid. I am just not cool with the practice of inferior product for the sake of more sales. I just feel what you gain in the short term sales you will absolutely lose in the long term customer.

Kris

[quote name='taylormade113' timestamp='1427242812' post='11209045']
[quote name='squishyy' timestamp='1427239617' post='11208661']

KRis
[/quote]

KRis
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

4A.

I am not overly put out for the price that I paid. I am just not cool with the practice of inferior product for the sake of more sales. I just feel what you gain in the short term sales you will absolutely lose in the long term customer.

Kris
[/quote]

Just to follow up on my experience with GBD...

I emailed customer service expressing dissatisfaction with my Lethals (and great satisfaction with my Srixons). I asked if they had any ideas to "make it right", but that I understood if they stood by their product as-is. I quickly received a response wherein they acknowledged that when they were moving warehouses some of the Lethal AAAA balls were mixed with AAA balls. They offered a full refund or to ship the correct-grade balls to me. I told them that I would still like the balls I ordered. What an excellent, confidence-inspiring response.

After this response, I just placed an order for some AAAAA Bridgestone B330 RXS balls. Pricier, but I've been wanting to try these balls out more seriously and this is a perfect chance.

And finally, Sharon at GBD told me that she created a coupon code for WRXers to use (unlimited use) that gets us 15% off any order. So for future orders, use [b]WRX15[/b] to get a nice little discount on already great prices. How great is that!?! Perhaps OP can add it to the first post as an alternative to the 20% off coupons for repeat buyers.

Cheers,
Olde Maroon

ughhhhhhhh......I'm in for 16 dozen Z-Star Mixed. Frick. I needed those like I need another hole in my head.....you guys kill me!

PS- for those on the fence...PP Credit is offering 6 months no interest $99 & up.....16 dzn with the new customer coupon code = $100.86. Win.

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='Jimmie48' timestamp='1427299003' post='11213013']
In for 8 doz lethals. Now I have 17 dozen golf balls SR3's TP5's and Lethals on the way.....whats wrong with me
[/quote]

You're one of us...

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide