Golf Balls Direct Near Mint (AAAA) Sale

domer

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1427765755' post='11249551']
For those of you that are worried about player markings (sharpie marks) on the balls:

Take a paper towel or rag, put some acetone on it and start wiping them off. This obviously won't remove logos, but it'll get off sharpie marks relatively easy.
[/quote]

Thats what I did, but (and this is just anecdotal on my part) I think Pro V1's are painted differently than other balls. I used acetone on some Pro V's 2009-2010-ish, and I could swear that it removed/weakened some of the paint and exposed the layer underneath.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my 18 dozen 4A Lethals yesterday and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. Based on the customer service comments in this thread I sent them a very cordial email last night along with the attached photo and asked what they thought. I received a reply from Sharon who said she took it up with the "powers that be" and they determined that these do fall within the 4A grade. Now if it was only a few that looked like this I wouldn't be too disappointed, but almost exactly half of my order are of comparable quality. To make matters worse they did offer to take the balls back under their "100 satisfaction guarantee" but to ship nearly 10 dozen golf balls would mean driving up the cost on the balls I keep by at least 40%!

And I quote..."[size=2]As with any order you are able to return them for a refund if you’re not satisfied. But since they seem to fit the description nothing was done wrong on our part so we are not responsible for paying to have you return them. This is common practice."[/size]

I used to buy 4A from LGB but their grading system has gotten a bit lax and I was hoping to find a suitable replacement. At least for me it doesn't seem like Golf Balls Direct is the ticket.

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1427899390' post='11260781']
I got my 18 dozen 4A Lethals yesterday and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. Based on the customer service comments in this thread I sent them a very cordial email last night along with the attached photo and asked what they thought. I received a reply from Sharon who said she took it up with the "powers that be" and they determined that these do fall within the 4A grade. Now if it was only a few that looked like this I wouldn't be too disappointed, but almost exactly half of my order are of comparable quality. To make matters worse they did offer to take the balls back under their "100 satisfaction guarantee" but to ship nearly 10 dozen golf balls would mean driving up the cost on the balls I keep by at least 40%!

And I quote..."[size=2]As with any order you are able to return them for a refund if you’re not satisfied. But since they seem to fit the description nothing was done wrong on our part so we are not responsible for paying to have you return them. This is common practice."[/size]

I used to buy 4A from LGB but their grading system has gotten a bit lax and I was hoping to find a suitable replacement. At least for me it doesn't seem like Golf Balls Direct is the ticket.
[/quote]

To be honest man, at least half the balls in your picture seem to be my understanding of 4A quality. I can't tell if some of those are deep cuts, but just a little scrape is what I expect on some of my 4A balls. If you don't want any blemishes, 5A is the way to go. They might think you are trying to order in bulk, then resale to make a buck. But anyhow, some may be on the borderline of 4A but I wouldn't be "to say disappointed is an understatement" kind of mad.

EDIT: I just received another reply from Sharon and they are just going to allow me to return ALL of the balls in the order, which I do feel is a fair resolution. I did not share the great customer service experience that many here seem to have, but lesson learned and will move on.

I guess more than anything it's the "played 2-3 holes" that disturbs me. I guess I take that to mean not banged off the cart path or gills from wedge shots. In the past I've only ordered 4A balls (mainly from LGB) and nowhere near half of them end up looking like these.

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1427899390' post='11260781']

[/quote]

These are not 4A quality balls.

Assuming I don't lose the ball, I can play (36) holes and have none of them look like this.

Granted, the LostGolfBalls.com quality relative to rating has decreased over the past few years, however, these balls would be relegated to "Shag Bag" quality (below 3A) from LostGolfBalls.

When it comes to use golf balls I'd consider their highest rating to be brand new balls, maybe saw one face of the driver and found the woods. If the step below that is scars, then there's a real issue.

I will say this concerned me. When I first saw this topic posted I stayed away because I had never heard of the site, had to be too good to be true. Then you guys started posting pictures and I wish I had gotten in. When I went to go order it struck me, how are they going to have enough great condition balls to fill these orders. Since none of us can just order a few dozen, they had to run out, right?

But none of that really bothers me. The balls Winn just posted and the balls that are pictured on page 7 look similiar. Yet looks like we have 2 completely different results from the sellers. That's what bothers me.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1427906944' post='11261763']
When it comes to use golf balls I'd consider their highest rating to be brand new balls, maybe saw one face of the driver and found the woods. If the step below that is scars, then there's a real issue.

I will say this concerned me. When I first saw this topic posted I stayed away because I had never heard of the site, had to be too good to be true. Then you guys started posting pictures and I wish I had gotten in. When I went to go order it struck me, how are they going to have enough great condition balls to fill these orders. Since none of us can just order a few dozen, they had to run out, right?

But none of that really bothers me. The balls Winn just posted and the balls that are pictured on page 7 look similiar. Yet looks like we have 2 completely different results from the sellers. That's what bothers me.
[/quote]

This...I think they are pushing the limit on some of these on the border balls (between 4a & 3a) since you guys are ordering so many dozens all at once!!! I ordered 3 dozen NXT Tours 4A, should get them today. I expect them to be decent because not many people here ordered them, and I didn't order 20 dozen...

[quote name='nellycuz' timestamp='1427907690' post='11261847']

[/quote]

This...I think they are pushing the limit on some of these on the border balls (between 4a & 3a) since you guys are ordering so many dozens all at once!!! I ordered 3 dozen NXT Tours 4A, should get them today. I expect them to be decent because not many people here ordered them, and I didn't order 20 dozen...
[/quote]

So you agree with me but you think the balls pictured above are 4A? Think you missed the point.

Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1427908371' post='11261979']

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you agree with me but you think the balls pictured above are 4A? Think you missed the point.
[/quote]
I've never ordered 4A before. However, if it states the balls have been played for 2 or 3 holes are considered 4A, then yes, these balls above look more like they've been played for a full round. So you do have a leg to stand on. Sorry, guess I never really looked into the description of the 4A on their site. I'm with ya now. But I think the quality could have dropped in recent weeks due to all the orders they are getting, from this site alone!

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1427908371' post='11261979']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he is saying that GBD is sending out 4A orders with some 3A balls mixed in, and that this is happening because they cannot keep up with the demand. I took his comment as affirmation that he thinks GBD is wrong to do this. I don't think he addressed the disparity in customer service handling at all, but in general the comment seems to say that GBD is not handling these orders appropriately. I don't see where he said that those balls were 4A...

EDIT: Didn't mean to speak for you, nelly. I definitely agree with both of you on how GBD is handling these orders, regardless of whether it is due to so many orders. If there are too many orders to fulfill at the correct quality, stop taking the orders. I think GBD is just taking the orders and then filling them with whatever balls they have, instead of sending an email to customers saying "We are waiting to get enough high quality balls to fill your order. We are sending some now and some later. We apologize, and we thank you for your patience."

Regardless of how many dozen you order, you should get what you ordered. Period. The issue with 3A getting mixed in with 4A at the warehouse was reported a few pages back, so that could have happened with winns order. However, I would've expected GBD to side with him on his assessment of the quality of his order. They didn't (at first) so that's where the criticism is coming from. Hopefully he gets it straightened out and we all continue to experience good service from them.

[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1427908920' post='11262111']
Regardless of how many dozen you order, you should get what you ordered. Period. The issue with 3A getting mixed in with 4A at the warehouse was reported a few pages back, so that could have happened with winns order. However, I would've expected GBD to side with him on his assessment of the quality of his order. They didn't (at first) so that's where the criticism is coming from. Hopefully he gets it straightened out and we all continue to experience good service from them.
[/quote]

The straightening out you speak of is detailed below. I have pretty thick skin, but there are some people that may not appreciate this type of tone. After seeing Radiman's post with comparable balls a few pages back and their response to that situation I figured this would be a pretty easy fix. I don't know if they're just having a bad day, are flustered by the number of orders coming in or what, but I certainly did not receive the same apologetic tone to my inquiries. FWIW, I did not demand to keep the higher grade balls, I simply offered that as a partial solution. I also let them know that in no way am I looking for a handout or free balls, I simply want what I ordered. I'm completely fine with sending them all back at this point and honestly after this email would not have it any other way. I just hope this is the exception and not the rule for them going forward, as their pricing is very good and it does seem that many have had positive experiences. Sadly, I was not one of them.

[size=3][b]"The only resolution possible at this point is for you to return all 18 dozen to us and we will issue a refund to your card upon receipt. These are what is to be expected from a 4A lot of golf balls. Having you pick out the ones you want to keep and returning the rest to us is not an option at this point as [i]ALL[/i] of the golf balls you received are what make up a 4A lot of golf balls. The cream of the crop that you wish to keep would be expected in a slightly more expensive 5A lot of golf balls. I have attached a pre-paid UPS label for the entire 18 dozen golf balls. [/b][/size]"

I just received 4 dozen of the NXT Tour mix and they were all great! Logos and pen marks was the extent of the damage.

There seems to be a pattern with the Lethal's. 4A with 3A mixed in...not at all saying on purpose, just seems to be the pattern. I know there was a mix up in the warehouse, so that could be one issue, the other thing is that the Lethal is just one of those balls that it does not take much to make it look less than clean/new. The Chromes I received seemed to hold their coloring much better than the Lethal. Meaning a white Chrome, will look "whiter" longer. The yellow Srixon's seemed to be almost new. I remember playing the Callaway Chrome Yellow and that ball never showed use!

I hope your situation is resolved as well as mine turned out.

Kris

Here's the pic of the worst out of my 3 dozen NXT Tour mix 4A. I'm very satisfied, getting 3 dozen for 22$. And @Winn, I'm not sure what you did or why they aren't making things right with you, but your balls (the ones pictured) are clearly a grade below the ones I've received. Maybe like the guy above said, Lethals are less durable than these NXT Tours, but regardless they should have done more than offering to send a return label for 18 dozen.

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1427909883' post='11262295']
[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1427908920' post='11262111']
[/quote]

The straightening out you speak of is detailed below. I have pretty thick skin, but there are some people that may not appreciate this type of tone. After seeing Radiman's post with comparable balls a few pages back and their response to that situation I figured this would be a pretty easy fix. I don't know if they're just having a bad day, are flustered by the number of orders coming in or what, but I certainly did not receive the same apologetic tone to my inquiries. FWIW, I did not demand to keep the higher grade balls, I simply offered that as a partial solution. I also let them know that in no way am I looking for a handout or free balls, I simply want what I ordered. I'm completely fine with sending them all back at this point and honestly after this email would not have it any other way. I just hope this is the exception and not the rule for them going forward, as their pricing is very good and it does seem that many have had positive experiences. Sadly, I was not one of them.

[size=3][b]"The only resolution possible at this point is for you to return all 18 dozen to us and we will issue a refund to your card upon receipt. These are what is to be expected from a 4A lot of golf balls. Having you pick out the ones you want to keep and returning the rest to us is not an option at this point as [i]ALL[/i] of the golf balls you received are what make up a 4A lot of golf balls. The cream of the crop that you wish to keep would be expected in a slightly more expensive 5A lot of golf balls. I have attached a pre-paid UPS label for the entire 18 dozen golf balls. [/b][/size]"
[/quote]

Tone like that is unacceptable

Lucky for me I like srixons and they didn't get nearly the run the lethal got off this site. Not an excuse but they probably had to move 2-3thousand 4a lethals in a 2 week period just from guys here. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to dip into their 5a and then 3a to "balance". Not excusing, but wouldn't be surprised. Fwiw those gashes in your lethals were on exactly zero of my 4a srixons.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

I don't think there's any question they were sending some 3A and some 5A into these bulk orders of 4A lethals. But when they say "those are what you should expect in a 4A order" to one customer and then acknowledge there were mistakes made in another order, thats not right.

I'm just glad I didn't order from them at this point.

Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's

Went with 3 doz. 20XI and 3 doz. TM Lethal. Shipping was crazy fast. Nikes were awesome, but I can echo others opinions on the Lethals. Many had small scuffs and they were overall pretty dingy looking compared to some new Pentas I had laying around.

Not discouraged from ordering from GBD, but would probably steer clear of the Lethals. I had suspicions that they could be iffy after seeing all the 10+ doz. orders placed from guys on WRX around the same time as me.

To the guy that bought 18 dozen: what are you going to do with 216 golf balls? I feel like they would be obsolete by the time you got through all of them. I'd be spending that money on lessons if I needed that many a season lol.

[quote name='gocougs666' timestamp='1427932611' post='11264833']
Went with 3 doz. 20XI and 3 doz. TM Lethal. Shipping was crazy fast. Nikes were awesome, but I can echo others opinions on the Lethals. Many had small scuffs and they were overall pretty dingy looking compared to some new Pentas I had laying around.

Not discouraged from ordering from GBD, but would probably steer clear of the Lethals. I had suspicions that they could be iffy after seeing all the 10+ doz. orders placed from guys on WRX around the same time as me.

To the guy that bought 18 dozen: what are you going to do with 216 golf balls? I feel like they would be obsolete by the time you got through all of them. I'd be spending that money on lessons if I needed that many a season lol.
[/quote]

Nailed it

[/quote]

You must have missed the Woot Lethal deal. 18 dozen makes me look like a rookie!

[b]To the guy that bought 18 dozen: what are you going to do with 216 golf balls? I feel like they would be obsolete by the time you got through all of them. I'd be spending that money on lessons if I needed that many a season lol[/b].
[/quote]

well I bought thirty so I guess I can answer

A) I can
B) I spent less that $200 and have a premium ball for the next oh I don't know years. How much has (insert wrx member here) wasted on clubs this year and its just now April?
C) I will be dead before a ball becomes obsolete
D) Lets say I play 3 rounds a week and use up (ie lost, damaged, whatever) 4 balls a round which is reasonable. That's a dozen a week, times 7 months a year...... 28 dz.
E) You also assume that there are great instructors on every corner. When I first started I tried 3 different "PGAd" instructors and none of them did anything constructive to my game. Talk about a waste of money.

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB