Golf Balls Direct Near Mint (AAAA) Sale

domer

Just received my replacement 2 dozen Lethal's and my 6 Dozen Chrome/Chrome + mix. Both sets were in great shape. Customer service + Quality of balls=happy new customer that will be pointing his friends towards this site. I know that LGB is the big name in this market, but I have definitely been pulled over to this site as my new supplier of balls.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so received my first box and have mixed feelings. Thought I would post here to get thoughts.

2014 4A pro v1x's: most are in good shape, about half have noticeable scuffs, and almost all have very noticeable personalization marks. Not a couple dots, these are red or orange putting lines that run the circumference of the ball, or other weird marks. Almost all of them have some sort of sponsor logo. Would you consider this a 4A lot?

5A Lethals: bought these because they were out of 4A, and some guys said your 4A's were damn near perfect, so I thought the 5A's should be pristine. Well, most are good, but a couple are a slightly duller white than the others, and a couple have scuffs. For 5A's should I expect more?

[attachment=2683997:image.jpg]

Regarding the Lethal, anyone know the difference with the balls that have dots by the name? Only a few have this:

[attachment=2683985:image.jpg]

5A TP5: what say you? The left ball has a gash (judge the size), the middle is obviously discolored, and the right ball is scuffed deep enough to see yellow "primer," no more white paint/cover

[attachment=2683991:image.jpg]

Let me know your opinions, thanks!

[quote name='amateur pro' timestamp='1427601374' post='11237979']
Ok so received my first box and have mixed feelings. Thought I would post here to get thoughts.

2014 4A pro v1x's: most are in good shape, about half have noticeable scuffs, and almost all have very noticeable personalization marks. Not a couple dots, these are red or orange putting lines that run the circumference of the ball, or other weird marks. Almost all of them have some sort of sponsor logo. Would you consider this a 4A lot?

5A Lethals: bought these because they were out of 4A, and some guys said your 4A's were damn near perfect, so I thought the 5A's should be pristine. Well, most are good, but a couple are a slightly duller white than the others, and a couple have scuffs. For 5A's should I expect more? Pic:

[attachment=2683981:image.jpg]

Regarding the Lethal, anyone know the difference with the balls that have dots by the name? Only a few have this:

5A TP5: what say you? The left ball has a gash (judge the size), the middle is obviously discolor end, and the right ball is scuffed deep enough to where the yellow "primer" is showing

[/quote]

Definitely email them. You got shafted a bit. My 3As looked better.

How many did you order? If you ordered a bunch I think you reasonably should expect a few uglies.
But if ordered 4 dz or less, I'd email them

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

[quote name='Russ757' timestamp='1427623086' post='11238523']
How many did you order? If you ordered a bunch I think you reasonably should expect a few uglies.
But if ordered 4 dz or less, I'd email them
[/quote]

I ordered 14 dozen, but don't follow your logic. If I order less, I should expect a better quality selection, but because I gave them more business/money, i should expect a defective order? Sounds @$$ backwards to me and not a good growth model for your business

well i guess its perspective

I bought 30 dz at roughly $6. For the same balls I would have spent nearly $[b]1200[/b]. So if saving $1020 means eating a few uglies then so be it.

If I get 009 for $250, Im not going to complain if theres a loose thread on a headcover.

I also look at it as the law of probability. Of those 30 dozen i ordered, do you think theres a chance that inevitably there will be a few that slide through? I would say yes as Im sure they are not paying someone $100k to sort balls.

But if I ordered four dozen, well I don't think thats asking too much for screening to ensure those 48 balls are as described.

Plus, you think golfwrx was the only site that listed this deal? I mean theres a couple of us that ordered 20 dozen on here alone. I bet (based off pictures here and elsewhere) that there were some used golf ball shops ordering these and flipping. Look at the # of I would have been happy if these were 5A comments. I cant imagine the # of balls they moved.

To your business growth model, they didnt sell these at a loss and look at the number of people who said they have replaced LGB as theyre first option.

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

[quote name='amateur pro' timestamp='1427601374' post='11237979']

5A Lethals: bought these because they were out of 4A, and some guys said your 4A's were damn near perfect, so I thought the 5A's should be pristine. Well, most are good, but a couple are a slightly duller white than the others, and a couple have scuffs. For 5A's should I expect more?

[attachment=2683997:image.jpg]

5A TP5: what say you? The left ball has a gash (judge the size), the middle is obviously discolored, and the right ball is scuffed deep enough to see yellow "primer," no more white paint/cover

[/quote]

Meh, I'd expect a few duds when ordering that many balls. That said, a couple of those TP5s are definitely not in 5A condition. I personally wouldn't bother, but based on this thread I'm sure they'd send you three replacement balls to go along with your 14 dozen if you asked...

Russ, agree with you on some points, but I don't agree that the person ordering 4doz should be treated any different than someone who ordered 40. I doubt there is a bin of balls that get sorted from scratch to order, I would hope there is some sort of assembly line, ie at a basic level, when balls enter the facility (regardless of how small or large the operation is) they are cleaned and pre sorted at that point. Then when an order comes through, the company boxes up the pre sorted balls, at the same time second checking what he/she is putting in the box. I agree with your probability statement, and am fine with human error as I make more than enough mistakes of my own lol.

My question was regarding condition, should these be acceptable or not, keeping in mind I paid pretty much double what you did for what was advertised as a 5A ball, and as such was expecting a higher quality product. I am fairly new to the online used ball market, so don't have a good guage of what is considered top quality. I was basing it on other's experiences with the quality of product they received, at a lower grade level.

If the company is willing to make things right, that's awesome. My question was really around "is there an error to correct or am I expecting too much for 5A conditions"

if that is your question, theyre def not 5A.

And you're right, you did pay double based off other experiences here. I wouldnt fault you for emailing.. hell, theyll probably reach out to you as Im sure someone there is following this topic (just like LGB). I guess my point is there needs to be a reasonable level of acceptance when buying online used golf balls. I mean, ratings are all relative but again, those couple were not 5A.

At the end of the day, gotta ask yourself if you would buy from again.. I know I will/would.

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

Received my order yesterday (4dz Pro V1x's, 2 Dz NXT tours and 2 Dz lethals - all 4A quality). For the most part I'm happy. Pro V1x's look pretty much 4A quality with most having some sort of marking and/or logo - a total of six had minor scuffing.

The NXT's looked practically new, however my Lethal's were definitely subpar. Of the 24 balls I ordered, 13 had deep scuffs and/or cuts - certainly not what I would consider 4A quality.

I emailed customer service to see if I could swap out my Lethals so we'll see what happens. That being said, I would definitely recommend them based on the quality of the Titleist balls I received.

[quote name='gjlang76' timestamp='1427665015' post='11241117']
Received my order yesterday (4dz Pro V1x's, 2 Dz NXT tours and 2 Dz lethals - all 4A quality). For the most part I'm happy. Pro V1x's look pretty much 4A quality with most having some sort of marking and/or logo - a total of six had minor scuffing.

The NXT's looked practically new, however my Lethal's were definitely subpar. Of the 24 balls I ordered, 13 had deep scuffs and/or cuts - certainly not what I would consider 4A quality.

I emailed customer service to see if I could swap out my Lethals so we'll see what happens. That being said, I would definitely recommend them based on the quality of the Titleist balls I received.
[/quote]

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 4A NXT Tours, you say they are worth it? White in color and not many scuffs?

[quote name='nellycuz' timestamp='1427668967' post='11241535']

[/quote]

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 4A NXT Tours, you say they are worth it? White in color and not many scuffs?
[/quote]

Definitely worth it for the price - mine looked near new, all white in color. No scuffs anywhere to be found. A few looked like they might be first generation NXT tours, but ALL were in top notch shape.

I got my order on Friday. 18 dozen (26lbs). I had maybe 5 or 6 balls that were not up to par. I'm very happy and shouldn't need to order more for a long time.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Got 4 dz ProV1's yesterday. Most had player markings or logos, and 8 of them had very minor scuffs. The scuffed ones are still very playable, and will make excellent balls to use on several water holes I play regularly. These were AAAA and they were as good as many 5A balls I have purchased over the years. I think I found a new used ball source.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

[/quote]

Quick update. Sharon confirmed my 2dz Lethals looked more like 3A vs. 4A. To my shock, she's letting me keep my original 2dz and will be sending me an additional 2dz when they have more instock!

Seriously folks, customer service like this is hard to find! They have earned a lot more of my money.

Had the time over the weekend to sort through my shipment.

PROV1X AAA- 3 had minor scuffs. The other 45 had no marks at all and only 1 had a logo.

PROV1 AAAA mix- none with major scuffs. About 10 had minor cosmetic blemishes. Another 10 had logos. About 15 with player marks. The remainder of the 8 dozen were clean. They were a mix but I'd say it was 4 to 1 V1/V1X. Also 5 V1 392's. The rest were newer generations.

Also found a ProV1+ whatever that is.
Had some TEST balls too haha. I love those ones (2015 models)

Just got my second order. First was 14 dz and this one was for 16 dz

I was very happy with my first order (obviously) but after the second..

I feel like I stole.

this was for 16 dz white: 13 dz XVs, 3 dz Z stars..

even though the yellows hide blemishes better, these were in AAAA condition for sure.

Here are the pictures

0330151308_zpsjtlqttua.jpg

my ugly.. logo is ridiculous

IMG_20150330_134327_zpsgkvyv2gq.jpg

this was a refinish? Looks green in light

IMG_20150330_134430_zpsje6jryvm.jpg

IMG_20150330_134449_zpszejeq7zp.jpg

IMG_20150330_134511_zps9gkiahqi.jpg

IMG_20150330_134520_zpseozuswpt.jpg

so order 30 dz at $40 a pop would have been $1200. I paid $180 for both orders and have 50 dz of extremely playable tour caliber balls. Ya... they have a new long time customer here.

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

[quote name='StezzGolfer' timestamp='1427742305' post='11246863']
Hahaha a long time customer. You have 600 balls and arent ruling out the need for more.
[/quote]

lol

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='Jimmie48' timestamp='1427743868' post='11247025']
None of mine came in those boxes are everyone elses coming in these fancy boxes? I got a bag full of balls and some range sacks to put em in....of course I am not complaining as I got my order in 3 days for 8 more dozen Lethals... a few were 3A's but whatever most look fine to me.
[/quote]My 10 dozen Chrome/Chrome + mix came in a large plastic bag, which was inside a priority mail box. Nothing else. Don't necessarily need anything else. Anybody on the fence about this company should buy now...great prices and unbeatable quality.

DRIVER........Ping G430 Max 10K 9*
FAIRWAY........Ping G430 Max 5W
HYBRID........Ping G410 3H 
IRONS........Ping i210 4-U
WEDGES........Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS, 58* Eye2
PUTTER........Odyssey White Hot Versa Twelve-S
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/955611-hawk3y3s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='nellycuz' timestamp='1427751208' post='11247773']
Hopefully lostgolfballs.com is seeing how much business these guys are getting and become more competitive. Their prices at LGB can't compete with golfballsdirect.
[/quote]

Nor the quality. They used to be great and issue a bunch of coupon codes throughout the year. Now you're lucky to get a 10% off coupon. The last few times I ordered from them the quality was lacking enough that I had to send balls back.

[quote name='Schnee' timestamp='1427751330' post='11247785']
Hopefully lostgolfballs.com is seeing how much business these guys are getting and become more competitive. Their prices at LGB can't compete with golfballsdirect.
[/quote]

Nor the quality. They used to be great and issue a bunch of coupon codes throughout the year. Now you're lucky to get a 10% off coupon. The last few times I ordered from them the quality was lacking enough that I had to send balls back.
[/quote]

I only got their 5A prov1xs and they seemed to be on par. But the fact that their shipping is jacked up there too just turns me away. Glad I found GBD!

[quote name='nellycuz' timestamp='1427752631' post='11247903']
[quote name='Schnee' timestamp='1427751330' post='11247785']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I only got their 5A prov1xs and they seemed to be on par. But the fact that their shipping is jacked up there too just turns me away. Glad I found GBD!
[/quote]

their shipping is also stupid slow

3rd order came in today. Was most concerned about this one since it was all Pro V1x's in 4A quality, but suffice to say I couldn't have been more impressed. A whopping 2 balls had anything worse than player markings or the lightest of wear (1 had a little scuffing and the other had a couple small cuts in the cover), the rest were what I would consider 5A quality. Plenty of logos throughout but they personally don't bother me at all. My only regret is that I didn't order more (not like I need more at this point!).

One order left to arrive, but I think it's safe to say GBD will be my ball retailer of choice from here on out.

For those of you that are worried about player markings (sharpie marks) on the balls:

Take a paper towel or rag, put some acetone on it and start wiping them off. This obviously won't remove logos, but it'll get off sharpie marks relatively easy.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2