2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Bridgestone is an odd ball.

Question : does anyone here play a SINGLE bridgestone club? Have you ever?

I used the J40 DPC irons for a year or so. Very very nice irons, came to me at a bad time for my game, so they were dumped for no fault of their own.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

BTW lots of good stuff in the Shipnuck/Mickelson podcast - really good back and forth.

He talked in the first few minutes about how he hasn't gotten injured because his swing doesnt have any violence in it, he lets the distance of the arc create the clubhead speed. Says that a lot of the young kids with the perfect swings are going to win a lot of golf tournaments but they are going to keep getting injured and will struggle to have longterm longevity.

Good Ryder Cup talk and some hilarious stories from his Tuesday money matches.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Heel shafted mallet seems to be where I'm having my best putting days. I've had a 2 Ball F7 for years that for some reason I keep trying to knock out of the bag but it always makes its way back. Backup putters are a Yes Evelyn and a Yes Callie. despite it being a blade I seem to roll it really well with the Callie.

I have an Evelyn with a SS Flatso and love it on those mid to short range putts. Never got used to it for long putting, maybe the 365 gram head is simply too heavy for me. Same issue I have with counter balanced putters.

Toulon Palm Beach

https://www.bridgest...m/product/clubs

My putter, you need to go to the "club archive" section.

Never had. That said, my friend who I play with at EPP, every other weekend just put a set in the bag. Beautiful clubs, but what is weird is they have two PWs: PW1 and PW2.

https://www.bridgest...id-forged-irons

Well, if you're going to have a 22º 5-iron, you need to work in an extra club somewhere.

PW1, PW2, AW.

There has to be a better way

There_5fb9df_5563980.gif

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

https://www.bridgest...m/product/clubs

My putter, you need to go to the "club archive" section.

Never had. That said, my friend who I play with at EPP, every other weekend just put a set in the bag. Beautiful clubs, but what is weird is they have two PWs: PW1 and PW2.

https://www.bridgest...id-forged-irons

What a weird set makup. Those lofts are pretty crazy, which I guess explains the PW1 and PW2, but you'd think it would just make more sense to do 4-PW instead of 5-PW2. Especially when the lofts range from a pretty average 22* to 44*

Edit: Looking at their site, I actually really like the TourB X-CB irons. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the chunk of metal right in the sweet spot, since I tend to utilize the heel or leading edge a fair amount. On purpose of course

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Seriously, these are the funniest specs I've ever seen.

Hey, Phil, how far do you hit your 9 iron?

Oh, about 215.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

BTW lots of good stuff in the Shipnuck/Mickelson podcast - really good back and forth.

He talked in the first few minutes about how he hasn't gotten injured because his swing doesnt have any violence in it, he lets the distance of the arc create the clubhead speed. Says that a lot of the young kids with the perfect swings are going to win a lot of golf tournaments but they are going to keep getting injured and will struggle to have longterm longevity.

I loved the part where he had to 'suspend' Jimmy Walker from the Tuesday matches after he didn't square up right away.

How much do you think they play for in those Tuesday matches? Phil said it wasn't a lot. But I am curious what 'not a lot' means to Phil.

I thought he said it was "2" and then if they press its a 1/2 press to "1" - he wants to force guys to win the whole match in order to make money.

I took the "2" to be $2,000.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Are you still talking about No Laying Up or does Shipnuck have his own podcast where he had Mickelson on?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I've played quite a few Bridgestone clubs over the years....J36 PC, J40 CB, J40 DPC, and a J40 4 wood. The J40 DPC had quite a long run in the bag and are still some of my favorite irons. Also played some of their West Coast Design wedges for couple of years.

While Bridgestone gets a good amount of love here, the average golfer doesn't know anything about them. And they are missing out because they make really stuff.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Are you still talking about No Laying Up or does Shipnuck have his own podcast where he had Mickelson on?

He has his own thats under golf.com on iTunes, its @ an hour or so with just Mickelson. I think he said its the first episode in his new digital content.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

OH, ok.

In other podcast news, I've been listening to the "Ponzi Supernova" pod that Amazon/Audible put out. I think you need to download the audible app to listen to it (you can't do it through normal podcast networks, I THINK. Whatever. Amazon tries to have their own universe.)

It's about Bernie Madoff, including jailhouse interviews with him, and FBI guys and SEC guys, etc etc. It's a little slow for the first couple, but starts getting good. If you're interested in that stuff at all, you'll like it.

Siegel, it should get your butt cheeks on swole be of interest to you.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

How much do you think they play for in those Tuesday matches? Phil said it wasn't a lot. But I am curious what 'not a lot' means to Phil.

I thought he said it was "2" and then if they press its a 1/2 press to "1" - he wants to force guys to win the whole match in order to make money.

I took the "2" to be $2,000.

That's how I take it. Didn't that am get in trouble for saying he took $4k off Phil...So that would make sense.

it took years before i could pry my precious 52° j40 wedge out of my bag. i still miss it. it's like part of my golfing body was cut off. every time i F up with the vokey i get nostalgic.

none of this is an exaggeration btw.

when i got new irons, i came down to the bstones cbs vs the srixon 745s. i went with the prettier club and vsole, but those j15 cbs were fire.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Some pool running was added to my pt for my knees. ..holy crap, it is no joke. Running 3 miles has nothing on it..

Your time has come, Boogs.

http://www.cnn.com/2...orce/index.html

Time to get the broom ready and sweep her off of her feet!

A Nike or TM broom?

A check symbol with the TP badge in the background.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

I loved the part where he had to 'suspend' Jimmy Walker from the Tuesday matches after he didn't square up right away.

To me, it's OK if a guy doesn't square up right away, but I shouldn't have to remind him.

But, if you're Walker, showing up at Phil's Tuesday game. . .you bring cash. You know the deal.

I don't need to bring cash playing with PQ or something because we're gonna sleep in the van so I know I'll see him, but if I go play at BIL's course, where I might not see the guys for a while. . .I bring cash. Of course, I never need to because they're the biggest bunch of vanity cappers I've ever seen.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

it took years before i could pry my precious 52° j40 wedge out of my bag. i still miss it. it's like part of my golfing body was cut off. every time i F up with the vokey i get nostalgic.

none of this is an exaggeration btw.

when i got new irons, i came down to the bstones cbs vs the srixon 745s. i went with the prettier club and vsole, but those j15 cbs were fire.

Were they fire? Were they? If so they would be in the bag.

That's like me talking about the Cowboys still even though we got beat...

I expect more from you.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

GTTh: plumbers neck, anser style head. started with this style, messed around with a multitudinous amount of putters, came back to it on a lark, and yeah. never changing. it suits my eye, just looks "right" to me. my best putting day ever came with athe OG two ball tho. magic for one round, then a dumpster fire shortly thereafter.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

That's like me talking about the Cowboys still even though we got beat...

let's check out the latest headline on cowboys.com shall we? sources tell me it involves gagging.

and a55less chaps.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

To me, it's OK if a guy doesn't square up right away, but I shouldn't have to remind him.

But, if you're Walker, showing up at Phil's Tuesday game. . .you bring cash. You know the deal.

I don't need to bring cash playing with PQ or something because we're gonna sleep in the van so I know I'll see him, but if I go play at BIL's course, where I might not see the guys for a while. . .I bring cash. Of course, I never need to because they're the biggest bunch of vanity cappers I've ever seen.

Completely agree. I feel like any tour guy that shows up to a Tuesday match absolutely knows the deal.

And if you dont see him for months, you come prepared.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I've played quite a few Bridgestone clubs over the years....J36 PC, J40 CB, J40 DPC, and a J40 4 wood. The J40 DPC had quite a long run in the bag and are still some of my favorite irons. Also played some of their West Coast Design wedges for couple of years.

While Bridgestone gets a good amount of love here, the average golfer doesn't know anything about them. And they are missing out because they make really stuff.

I've hit the J33's, I've played the J36s (in all 3 forms), I havent hit J38s, 40s, or the new 15s, but I hear nothing but great things about them. Really like their clubs and I think they are very underrated. Srixon is a great company too and wish they would have more presence in stores. I hit the i701 irons and really liked them. I hit one of Eagle's irons and thought they were fantastic.

I would definitely get a set of irons from either company but now that Tiger said he's TM, I must go with TM.

#onTigersnuts

*I will say that I probably wont be buying any new irons soon, I'm really liking the Vapor Fly Pros and for once havent even thought about buying or having the inkling to buy a new set. It helps that I have a set of the original Nike blades as a backup if I ever wanted to get my S&M on and torture myself.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

I've hit the J33's, I've played the J36s (in all 3 forms), I havent hit J38s, 40s, or the new 15s, but I hear nothing but great things about them. Really like their clubs and I think they are very underrated. Srixon is a great company too and wish they would have more presence in stores. I hit the i701 irons and really liked them. I hit one of Eagle's irons and thought they were fantastic.

I would definitely get a set of irons from either company but now that Tiger said he's TM, I must go with TM.

#onTigersnuts

*I will say that I probably wont be buying any new irons soon, I'm really liking the Vapor Fly Pros and for once havent even thought about buying or having the inkling to buy a new set. It helps that I have a set of the original Nike blades as a backup if I ever wanted to get my S&M on and torture myself.

tumblr_m1y2w0LcCs1qb10wfo4_250.gif

Completely unrelated, just wanted to post that for you.

Toulon Palm Beach

*I will say that I probably wont be buying any new irons soon, I'm really liking the Vapor Fly Pros and for once havent even thought about buying or having the inkling to buy a new set.

Saving...January 26, 2017.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

*I will say that I probably wont be buying any new irons soon, I'm really liking the Vapor Fly Pros and for once havent even thought about buying or having the inkling to buy a new set.

Saving...January 26, 2017.

Kinda seems like this first...

giphy.gif

But also some of this...

alex-morgan-knee-1.gif

Toulon Palm Beach