2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Right of first refusal on FW.

To be tested:

D - '17 M1 440, Epic SZ (w/ '16 M2)

FW - '17 M2, Epic SZ (w/ '16 M2)

H - '17 M2, '16 M2, Adams Red

Would love to see what you end up with...the 2016 m2 was on my radar just cause it was cheaper and I put the weight back on the m1 anyway, but I have always been tempted with the 430 m1 and now the 440 m1

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Bridgestone True Balance. #hived. I think it's a great putter for certain people. If you like a counter balanced putter -- this is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. It's all head weight. I think the swing weight is F0. No joke.

I believe it, but again, I was shocked at how not weird it felt when I tried it one day. It feels pretty normal.

I guess it's because the lie angle is so upright, it doesn't feel as odd to have so much weight in the head of the club. Like, if you had a driver with a swing weight of F0 it would feel like you were swinging a damn sledgehammer.

You pick it up and think its going to have some sort of bizarre feel. Heavy head, sort of reminded me of the old Heavy Putter but in reality IIRC the headweight is pretty normal.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Great TV shows have mostly supplanted movies for me. Quality has been so good the last few years, and I still have a handful on my list of things I need to watch. Westworld was easily one of the best things I've watched on TV or in the movies in years/ever.

Completely agree, we have a half dozen things on our watchlists that we havent even started and a bunch of other shows that we want to get into. Like Sneaky Pete on Amazon, watched the pilot a couple weeks ago before the whole season was released, got completely sucked in.

Shows like Goliath are great, we watched it over a couple nights - way better than going to the movies.

I will say its hard for me to dvr/watch a regular series now where you arent getting 8-10-15 episodes that you can watch all at once.

Goliath was awesome. We really enjoyed that one.

We watched The Fall recently too. Also a good show.

We have not watched Sneaky Pete. Will have to check that one out.

Bridgestone True Balance. #hived. I think it's a great putter for certain people. If you like a counter balanced putter -- this is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. It's all head weight. I think the swing weight is F0. No joke.

I believe it, but again, I was shocked at how not weird it felt when I tried it one day. It feels pretty normal.

I guess it's because the lie angle is so upright, it doesn't feel as odd to have so much weight in the head of the club. Like, if you had a driver with a swing weight of F0 it would feel like you were swinging a damn sledgehammer.

Depends. A sledge hammer has a high swing weight and a high weight. If you made a driver with a normal head, but a 20g shaft and 30g grip, it wouldn't feel like a sledgehammer.

This putter has a high swing weight but low overall weight. Total weight is like 400g compared to about 540g for a normal putter.

But, yeah, it's not like earth shatteringly weird. It's not like it's a whole other animal.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

And I could name 10 shows I want to watch (Narcos, all the MCU shows on 'Flix, Goliath, Sneaky Pete, Transcendental, Sense8, etc etc ) that I know I'd like except there's going to be 10 more shows coming down the pike.

Sense8 is probably my favorite show from the past year or two. It started off a little slow, but the more I watched the more addicted I got. The only thing it's missing is laser swords

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Right of first refusal on FW.

To be tested:

D - '17 M1 440, Epic SZ (w/ '16 M2)

FW - '17 M2, Epic SZ (w/ '16 M2)

H - '17 M2, '16 M2, Adams Red

Good stuff. Definitely looking forward to trying out the 440. Liking my SZ so far but I want to do some shaft tinkering and also want to try the regular epic head. I think you'll like the SZ though.

And although I loved The Force Awakens, I was really "meh" on Rogue One. I kept hearing how amazingly great it was and meh, it was good. Maybe I need to see it again, I dont know. Because I seem to be the only one that thought that.

I hope you guys just liked the nostalgia of seeing it, because the overall story of The Force Awakens was IMHO opinion pretty weak.

Lead X figher dude: "Yo Finn!"

Finn: "Sup!"

Lead X dude: "We just met like 5 minutes ago, but do you know how to blowup that Starkiller Base thingy!"

Finn : "Sure! See those capacitors there! You just shoot those things and the whole planet blows up! Its weird how engineering missed that flaw!"

Lead X: "How we gonna get those defenses down!"

Finn: "How bout me, Han and that furry dude go in at the speed of light right to the planet surface and take em out! Its a whole planet full of troopers, but the 3 of us should figure things out!"

Lead X: "Alright! Sound like a plan! (To other X fighter pilots) "Aight! Lets do this $hit!"

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

If you made a driver with a normal head, but a 20g shaft and 30g grip, it wouldn't feel like a sledgehammer.

I think it would. A higher swing weight driver is going to feel a lot heavier than a higher swing weight putter. Belie dat.

Don't belie dat. Belieing dat is illegal now according to the USGA. Get with the times.

Eagle is this a good deal on the Z Stars?

https://www.rockbott...-balls-3-dozen/

They're yellow but brand new / $50 for 3 dozen = @ $17/dz?

yes, very good obvi. i bought that ammo box during thanksgiving because i wanted yellow balls for fall golf and to match an outfit i had in mind. they're new srixons, but bulk packaging. put it in my cart when it said $50 with free shipping but didn't pull the trigger. came back the next day, and it was $40 with free shipping. bought at that point, $13.33/doz with no tax and free shipping. redonk deal.

thought about buying more the next day, but they were sold out at that point.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

City how gross does the foam on the BTBP get after continuous use?

Slightly discolored, but not gross. It doesn't soak up sweat or anything and it hasn't shown any signs of damage, and I am NOT careful about my equipment. Matter of fact, I think it's worn better than a rubber grip. It's not really "foamy" it feels rather solid, actually, but very light.

I'm not going to get into the materials science any more than the guy here, but it sounds pretty legit. https://www.Not allowed because of spam.com/bridgestone-true-balance-putter-review/

Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) is the copolymer of ethylene and vinyl acetate. It’s an extremely elastic material that can be sintered to form a porous material similar to rubber, yet with excellent toughness. It is three times as flexible as low-density polyethylene (LDPE), showing tensile elongation of 750% with a peak melting temperature of 250°F (96°C).

This material has good barrier properties, low-temperature toughness, stress-crack resistance, hot-melt adhesive waterproof properties, and resistance to ultraviolet radiation. EVA has little or no odor and is competitive with rubber and vinyl products in many electrical applications.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

yes, very good obvi. i bought that ammo box during thanksgiving because i wanted yellow balls for fall golf and to match an outfit i had in mind. they're new srixons, but bulk packaging. put it in my cart when it said $50 with free shipping but didn't pull the trigger. came back the next day, and it was $40 with free shipping. bought at that point, $13.33/doz with no tax and free shipping. redonk deal.

Do you have any left? Intrigued enough to give them a shot but want to try them before buying 3 dozen.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Do you have any left? Intrigued enough to give them a shot but want to try them before buying 3 dozen.

do i have any left? who am i, david30? i bought 3 doz. at the end of november. i've played 3 full rounds and a couple practice 9s. i've lost 2 and 2 more have graduated to my shag bag.

yeah, i think i've got some left. of course you are welcome to have a few for testing purposes. :)

btw - puppet sounds like he has a few too, lol.

note: the "match an outfit" line was a test. only city & sully passed. i have yet to wear said outfit.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Yea... we have a wildlife officer who works out of our district office in MoCo. She was telling me about this deer on Tuesday. She and 2 other guys went up Wednesday morning to dart it. Everyone missed, deer ran off. Again on Thursday, everyone missed. Now it's hit the news so they can't just end it's "suffering".

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

https://www.washingt...d-neighborhood/

DT, please just kill the dumb thing. f*** deer.

Yea... we have a wildlife officer who works out of our district office in MoCo. She was telling me about this deer on Tuesday. She and 2 other guys went up Wednesday morning to dart it. Everyone missed, deer ran off. Again on Thursday, everyone missed. Now it's hit the news so they can't just end it's "suffering".

I heard they couldn't dart it yesterday because it was too windy.

Didn't stop me from throwing darts.

They're calling it "Jug Head" on the news. That tweet in Bango's link calls it a "barrel" like he wanted to eat a barrel of pretzels.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

So I saw the 15 off 75 ebay thing and checked on a Bridgestone true balance putter. Found a mint one from global golfon sale with a make offer, made an offer of 75. It was immediately accepted, and I was pumped. Go to pay (all on my phone) and accidentally paid before applying the f****** code. Paid $75 instead of $60.

it's fine. with all the bet $ you got coming in, i'm sure you're still ahead.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

So I saw the 15 off 75 ebay thing and checked on a Bridgestone true balance putter. Found a mint one from global golfon sale with a make offer, made an offer of 75. It was immediately accepted, and I was pumped. Go to pay (all on my phone) and accidentally paid before applying the f****** code. Paid $75 instead of $60.

it's fine. with all the bet $ you got coming in, i'm sure you're still ahead.

I definitely felt a little better after seeing Fabb made 3 on 10.

https://www.washingt...d-neighborhood/

DT, please just kill the dumb thing. f*** deer.

I heard they couldn't dart it yesterday because it was too windy.

Didn't stop me from throwing darts.

They're calling it "Jug Head" on the news. That tweet in Bango's link calls it a "barrel" like he wanted to eat a barrel of pretzels.

Hahaha. I haven't seen the news articles about it. I guess "too windy" is better PR than "we missed".

She was texting me last night about the failed attempt. I coined it the pretzel stuck buck.

Sully, they kind of do have a range:

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I'm watching some of the TV coverage from yesterday. Did anyone notice the logo on Phil's sweater? It's him in his awkward white guy hands up pose. T.i.T. needs to get one of those.

Its his Masters "jump" - its fantastic, I really wanted one.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I bet Officer Gill would have nailed that thing center mass right in the heart.

Ohhh she is quite accurate.

I'm watching some of the TV coverage from yesterday. Did anyone notice the logo on Phil's sweater? It's him in his awkward white guy hands up pose. T.i.T. needs to get one of those.

I have strongly considered this.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

do i have any left? who am i, david30? i bought 3 doz. at the end of november. i've played 3 full rounds and a couple practice 9s. i've lost 2 and 2 more have graduated to my shag bag.

yeah, i think i've got some left. of course you are welcome to have a few for testing purposes. :)

btw - puppet sounds like he has a few too, lol.

giphy.gif

Just say when, DC...

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach