2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Real Life Nature story of the day:

Pond on #15 had a couple ducks swimming around and a couple of geese hanging out on the bank. Ducks had a few ducklings with them. Red-Tailed Hawk comes flying out of the trees and goes after a duckling, and there was a Duck/Goose vs Hawk royal rumble in the water. Hawk won and got a duckling and flew off. s*** was bananas.

And then I made par.

And the circle of life continued.

Awesome.

I played the DCGT event at Queenstown Harbor back in 2015 with (human) Eagle, Nerf, and (not Bethesda) Rick. I can't remember what hole we were on, but it was definitely the back 9. A (bird) eagle went screaming into the trees, and a turf war ensued with some other bird (eagles). It was quite a sight and sound to behold.

Later during that round, (human) eagle reached for the (non-existent) shifter in the cart, and ended up caressing my leg. This was recently acquired shoulder injury (human) eagle, so he was pretty toasty by the time the incident occurred.

There was quite the ruckus for both of those incidents.

Same, I've never had bad allergies, but yesterday my eyes bothering me a fair bit.

In other news, had that lesson with Marty Johnson at RedGate. Very nice guy. He pointed out some obvious flaws that I wasn't aware of - like my shoulders rotating 110 degrees when my arms are only half way back...no idea how I didn't notice that myself, or standing up through impact and flipping a bit - , and gave me a couple of pointers for practicing.

I played 18 at the course after, and Marty came cruising up to me in his cart as I was walking down the 9th fairway and asked how I was swinging, which I thought was pretty awesome and a bit beyond what I would expect from a teaching pro. I'll probably head back for another lesson there after I try to incorporate what he talked about last weekend.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

So the real question is, when are the CC pairings being released?

Hopefully before Saturday. Some is Eagles guys still needed to pay.

Y'all should know your teams by now but if not

Domes/CCMVP

Father/Son

DT/MTN

Tex/Dagoose

Rick/Vtnerf

Fabb/Gmen

Cfree/THDC

Endless/Kent

Sully/Andy

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Just sent out an email, but will post it here as well. Upcoming Hive events:

Thursday, June 22nd - Summer Solstice event @ Little Bennett. Early tee times, play-all-day

Thursday, July 20th - Red Tee Challenge @ Northwest. Afternoon tee times

Sunday, August 20th - Hive Fourball @ UMD. Tee Times starting at 11am

If you're not a member, but are interested in playing, shoot me a PM.

So, yeah, the 18th at The Peninsula is silly. Along the lines of the 18th at Bayside. Funny, both have Jack in common!!!!

Here's the layout.

Hole_18.jpg

Here's the aerial. The red line is about 265 or so...

Here's the view on your tee shot.

And here's your view to the green, from prime time location in the fairway. If that bird were to drop one with no wind, he'd be on the stick.

Here's your bailout area...

Here's the approach from the bailout area.

What it boils down to is just hit hybrid, 5 iron, 8 iron to a tight green. Very little chance to get there in 2. And a terrible finish to the round... We hit 3 wood-3 wood (With a 30+mph wind) about as good as you can and still had 100 in. Just doesn't lend itself as a match altering hole...just limp home, make par, and that's that. BOOO.

So, yeah, the 18th at The Peninsula is silly. Along the lines of the 18th at Bayside. Funny, both have Jack in common!!!!

Here's the layout.

Hole_18.jpg

Here's the aerial. The red line is about 265 or so...

Here's the view on your tee shot.

And here's your view to the green, from prime time location in the fairway. If that bird were to drop one with no wind, he'd be on the stick.

Here's your bailout area...

Here's the approach from the bailout area.

What it boils down to is just hit hybrid, 5 iron, 8 iron to a tight green. Very little chance to get there in 2. And a terrible finish to the round... We hit 3 wood-3 wood (With a 30+mph wind) about as good as you can and still had 100 in. Just doesn't lend itself as a match altering hole...just limp home, make par, and that's that. BOOO.

Sounds like 10 at TPC Potomac.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

18 at peninsula is stupid. There is more room long and right of nerds red line than it feels like. I hit driver at that bunker on the right. It's about 40 yards right of what it looks like you're supposed to aim at.

10 at TPC Potomac: that hole inihalted the pros during the web.com. First they made a lot more room on the right. Then this year they went back and added at least 15 yards left of the fairway. You can hit driver there now. Then it just depends how comfortable you are hitting a 230 shot into a very very tight green. It feel like hitting it like 200 15 yards short of the green and trying to get it up and down is more prudent than bashing onto the green.

inihalted Lol. I mean annilihate

TEE TIME ALERT:

We need a 4th for tomorrow morning at 8:30 am at Patuxent Greens for an Armed Forces Week scramble. Our 4th just had a work emergency and had to cancel. The scramble is $81, but includes cart, lunch, beer, lunch and prizes. I know it's last minute, but let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Update - Got a 4th, thanks Tex!

Everything I thought was done has edits.

F edits.

Plus MOAR. Whatevs, it's CapitolCup week.

Sassed out the match ups with Tex this evening.

Notable Head2Heads:

Kent vs Stix

THDC vs Eagle

OCGolfRick vs The Principal

C.Free vs Boogs

Fabb vs The Ponytail

Tex has more info coming soon.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Weather looks mint for you guys this weekend. Have an outdoor wedding on Saturday, weather could not look more perfect right now.

On a run of great golf weather in the last 4 days or so. Last night was just an amazing night to be out. Thought it was a little windy at first but somehow @ 7 or 730 the wind completely shutoff and it was perfect for the next hour or so till it got dark.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

Cally Rogue ST Max 3w - Ventus Blue 6s

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Everything I thought was done has edits.

F edits.

Plus MOAR. Whatevs, it's CapitolCup week.

Sassed out the match ups with Tex this evening.

Notable Head2Heads:

Kent vs Stix

THDC vs Eagle

OCGolfRick vs The Principal

C.Free vs Boogs

Fabb vs The Ponytail

Tex has more info coming soon.

Bring it, you Filipino/Indian love child!

So our foursome is Me, CFree., Eags and Boogs? The grouping where no white man may tread.

Oh, never mind. Just saw the email. The Foursome/fourball groupings are not the same as the singles.

Some South Carolina pics. I didn't put in the pic of the guy shooting squirrels. It's not good.

The PB Dye course. . .It's difficult to capture the elevation changes on this course, but the waterfall and the hill in the second one give you some idea. This course cost me $45 with cart.

A short par 4 where you hit a 200 yard shot out to a flat fairway and then hit over this creek. 3-frutt from 20 feet.

G3_DNEvd6_C2t5_Wh_HTmb_KWy4_r_Syep_D475d_ANUvkn2s_Wo4_A1_Ng9_B3_D1fs1_Co_QSRSFNI65i_Ut_Da3nl1f_LYYKe_F4_M1_MCDx_VSl_WCLddi_Cj_RNbn_P2_N1_Zi_Ow_H3_Kwm_QYkb_YXw_XN0pa7w_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

A par 5. I hit my second shot onto that hill with all the bumps. The green is about 40 yards wide and had a hump back in the middle of it that's like 10 feet tall. That's my ball above the pin. 2 putt par.

Fif3_W4_J89bf5_TUAcbvki_Dam_KDnb_RNy7wnhvji1h1aj_Tx6ok_R_7oa_Yf5mxt7_Sj3g_IUj_L_i_DIWjo_B_oiulu_Zlzl_Ekk9sp_DHF_8e_0_MBykq_LQc_ZDPOi_A9_Z5o_Wcy_Op_Hnmz_CCelv0f_A_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

The Preserve at Verdae, where they're playing a round for web.com this week. This course cost $60 with cart and the guys I played with thought it was overpriced.

Par 4 down the hill. Notice the tall pines and pine straw at the bottom of them. Had that Carolina look and feel.

X_g_Szv_Ud_Kx_A4mrvuo_Sd_Jht_Ahy_NWD7_D87_Vm_UYp_Ji_OSHAYvr2_6ow8_Ys_Hjcm_WENTQNj07s_Fx_G3_Ku_Bo_URw9jfk_WSPLx_I1ppv_Ez_PVv7_Cmn_Sipc_HCrpc_Kg_Lxrigk_Wiidr_WCkp_LQ9qw_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

Par 3 11th across the water. Look like anything familiar? Pros playing it at 215. Blue tees said "188" on the card, but I hit a 4-iron over the back bunker, then chipped back into the hazard.

wzp_0_Jpl_Dq6_Ac4_Z6ex8_NRItv_H4n9_UOe_Dkpi_LCwd_Mh_TQx_JWM15_Is_Qza_RWtg_p_6_J7slrs0_Em_Qt22s_Xiohb_UFmttqq_Xs_NX_8whc1z_Uo_Wx_Mf_Ngai6_FOqp_QSjr8_Fe_QBsqfqog_U4_Q_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

This was the 9th hole. Google automatically did the photo-editing and I left it alone. Dogleg right par 5 up the hill with a 3-tiered green (like 14 at PB Dye, but smaller, steeper tiers). I hit D-D-54 and got my ball on the correct tier and 2 putted for par. You can see the tiers. I don't know what you'd do if you were above the hole.

YGe_FYn_TDow3_K7_Tr_Clompd_AMFOA_mex_UPYfe_N94q_Rihi_JTTmasur_oc_Ntupj_Sfyka_VUGe3v_BXFeo_Qgv_BFe_Oug_Oj_BVAGp_Qx_YI8q0_U6_H45jg_PCiwlt_O7_HIX7_Uxxkow_R4_Jf_Pv_DBOA_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

Down hill par 3 on the back. I got a huge member bounce off that hump on the right side of the green. Thought I missed the green and it wound up at 15 feet.

5f_Y2_RS1_Q9axrkt_Qbmu_P2_K_19_Vx_NKSNn_Qicj_Ybrd_LBrf_Fm_Jp_JWYF0a0_Y3_Qqb_Pkp_Id_I38_Gq_YGMKvj_Lp_U6_Ij_YGv_Je_Xh3f_Q7mf_Wl_HRg_TZ3g_DSo_Be_Gbtahts_C6_Wxh_TDMow_Bk_Txrqo_Q_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

Finally the Clemson course. Downhill par 3. If you hit left of the green, it can kick it right all the way across the green because you're coming from so high up. If you miss right. . .well, duh. . .

dhix_WVbnpd_Kf_Kij23ol3_Wt_W5d_Ec4ehp2r4i_GA3t_SF54_hl_Sh_Lqvhh61dqt_L1s_PORh_BAm1_CRq7_BP4b_W1u6_O2_AXEZLjw_NEPq_XUg_1_Hm_XFMPAXwjx7xh3psd5g9bwab_G0_KEMb1w_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

And, the signature hole. Par 3 17th. When the reservoir is higher, it comes all the way up to the stones. Played about 195. I missed the green right, but got up and down.

wfftye8_WB4t_HTIar_IVP4hkcl_HDEt_Yl_HKcts_CBJl_KUvyh_KP0_TUUO1_Dumt_QLUfeb_T71_NHz_GFLvrhqw_VJc_D2m_Ogw_Tlb3s_CZ6_Ab_OZDN1lq_Sjkio5m_NCMEEb_SDHLAZ55rr_Jzt_Bpl_Wl_Q_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

From the satellite. . .

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

And some crappier photos.

Just an indication of what the approaches were like on the PB Dye course. . .

XKAU5_VHff_ACUPWl_RDe_Ed725t8_PRGBRZgzo_QZwv9_ARFp_Kr_MW9_HUJNZos_QTTBhyug_Jw_IZUn_Fx_Br_Z_flmo08_Xh_MSj7_Exvl1f_98_Ao_ZU_NEGx_VUcaj_MCA07k_I0es_Ho_IZH9fx_Tm_Cb_Q_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

The guy is on that porch shooting squirrels. You can get a feel for the uphill nature of this course.

t_U1atf_Si_K3_AJi2_Bt3_XLttemas_Lc_Uw_LNXa_MMa_X9d_1_HEMm_TYQKYDbgc_I1_UPET_rwd_Yo_NQLm6_Bl_Xm_Pj_JJhd4glb_Tq_Qs_RNMZiur_Dx7ui_Uoa_V_KU4_S4p3_Wpk_Nt_ZDOub5_SA3_ha_Q_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

The tee shot on a par 4. I had to hit 4 iron and it went over that hill and straight down. I had a gap wedge in and then hit 3 of my 37 putts for that day.

WJOd_URVzawt_Y_Eil5_TNm_Tdl_HRY7o_Ff_WY4_C6i7_Amsp_Pu_Xhfw_Angw_EZL6_FX5i_L_k_CN0_Ek_LTnpgy8q1m_ZEri_WISh4o_Hs_DQA3p_KOUb_Rpj5_Gn_Du0_LAQ0_Xc_Dt_GOa_N_Fc_9dp_yly_Pe_LQ_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

Downhill par 3 selfie. That was 4 women. I was joined by 2 older guys on the next tee.

Ntbo71mmqf_Ea_IJM5ptq_Lnjbhgi_DPKMNy_Qa5_QXNVDFv_Pq_Xn_NIu_LA1a6q_Vfyv_Bl5u_RXFgr_CWaru_S7e8_b_Kt_Zo_T069ny_Mb_Cbt1_Em1u1_D3k_Fqi3j2_J5m_B2g_Rabt_C4n7s_RBY9_AQs_Uw_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Man it's been slow in here the last couple of days.

GTT: Why has it been slow in here the last couple of days?

Possible ego-centric reason :

I was travelling yesterday.

Having been out of work for 2.5 days, I have some catching up to do on work.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green