Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Going to try Harborside again on Saturday. Hopefully 2 days without rain will allow the course to dry out a bit.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Went to Palatine Hills this morning after the rain to practice (been there but only to drive around the lot). Range is mats only and looks like it always is, but at least they are in good shape. My main issue is (that i suck) but that the balls were limited flight. Main reason I'm bummed is that I bought almost $20 worth of tokens to hit balls there being that it was in close proximity to my house. I was wandering around (no real signage) and then found their completely empty golf shop. While wandering got to see a few holes and the course looks to be in great shape! I was there while some junior clinics were going on, so gave the rest of my tokens to some kids- I won't attempt to practice there again, but will play the course! Maybe tomorrow morning.

I lied earlier, thought I was playing Erin Hills tomorrow, but am actually playing there Sunday at 11:24. Hopefully they don't get too much rain over the next couple days, supposed to be "open like conditions" and I'd love to experience that!

Speaking of the open, turned it on about two hours ago, after about a half an hour, fell asleep. Why the heck do I always fall asleep while watching golf on TV???

We are playing EH's tomorrow afternoon so I've been checking the weather all week. Looks like it was dry the last 2-3 days so Im hoping the fairways run out a bit.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Southwest lost my clubs. I was supposed to play Taconic Golf Club this weekend. It's around 35 on Golf Magazine's Top 100 You Can Play. It's owned by Williams College, and semi private. The unaccompanied guest fee is steep. However, a friend works at the school, and I was finally going to play for the $50 guest fee. I'm so pissed:(

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1434663309' post='11779268']
Southwest lost my clubs. I was supposed to play Taconic Golf Club this weekend. It's around 35 on Golf Magazine's Top 100 You Can Play. It's owned by Williams College, and semi private. The unaccompanied guest fee is steep. However, a friend works at the school, and I was finally going to play for the $50 guest fee. I'm so pissed:(
[/quote]

You can borrow mine if you want? Are you near Palatine?

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1434662969' post='11779222']
We are playing EH's tomorrow afternoon so I've been checking the weather all week. Looks like it was dry the last 2-3 days so Im hoping the fairways run out a bit.
[/quote]

Can't wait to hear about the conditions- have you played there previously?

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1434639351' post='11776014']
[quote name='Waterboy' timestamp='1434631608' post='11775116']
I got in 9 at Sportsman yesterday.

No change for me, still horrible. I'm pretty sure I found every water hazard out there so it was a pretty expensive round ($22 for the golf and $50 for the box of balls). At a total cost of $72 to play sportsman, there might be better value in the area. easy walk though and they have Revolution IPA on tap.

Wb
[/quote]

More importantly, do they have Revolution Eugene or Very Mad Cow? :drinks:

I'm quite surprised I haven't played Sportman's before, given that I've played just about every other course in the area. It's on my short list for this summer.
[/quote]

Sad to say just anti hero. If they had Eugene I would still be there right now.

If anyone is looking for something really good. Begyle makes this black ipa. I think it's called Johnny quest thinks we're sell outs. (Let me know if you know that song reference) it is great. Get yourself a growler and drink it by yourself while you clean the basement.

Wb

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1434664582' post='11779406'][quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1434663309' post='11779268']
[/quote]

You can borrow mine if you want? Are you near Palatine?

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1434662969' post='11779222']
[/quote]

Can't wait to hear about the conditions- have you played there previously?[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Massachusetts.

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1434663309' post='11779268']
[/quote]

Sorry to hear this Jim. Hope you get it straightened out in time.

played indian lakes today.
course was not in the best shape, as they are still recovering from the rains of monday past
some bunkers were in rough shape
course played alright overall

we played the island/highland nine, better nines of the three are highland/woodland

funny how indian lakes used "cantigny" style naming for their 3 nines; substituting island for lake

cantigny: woodside; hillside; lakeside
indian lakes: woodland; highland ; island

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1434823143' post='11793846']
[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1434679068' post='11781368']
Nope, first time playing EH's. Getting excited. :)
[/quote]

How were the course conditions?
[/quote]

Beautiful track on a beautiful piece of property out in the middle of nowhere.
Played Friday and the back 9 had US Open Sunday pin placements. Fairways were semi firm and had some roll out but not as much as I hoped. Greens were only at 10-10.5 on the stimp so nothing crazy going on. The caddies were saying that they are having a tough time getting the speed up on their greens. My swing was spot on but flew a few greens into the fescue and that made for a frustrating day.
Nonetheless, it was a gorgeous day on a US Open track, whats not to love?
The caddies were great guys, easy to talk to and always right there never slowing anything down.
The ONLY negative (and I know they are NOT PGA tour caliber caddies) was their lack of course knowledge, especially on the greens.
The only other time Ive ever taken a caddie was at the Straits course and they were just brilliant especially on the greens.
Apprenti, hopefully a couple more days without rain firmed things up a tad than what we had Friday.

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Glad you enjoyed the day! I've been there plenty of times before, just really hoping to experience some firm and fast conditions. Every time I've had a caddy there they were great, but like you said- s*** at reading greens. Did better on my own. They can keep the ridiculous hole locations, hope I don't experience that.
I'm sure my father and FIL will enjoy the experience.

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1434849108' post='11796622']
Glad you enjoyed the day! I've been there plenty of times before, just really hoping to experience some firm and fast conditions. Every time I've had a caddy there they were great, but like you said- s*** at reading greens. Did better on my own. They can keep the ridiculous hole locations, hope I don't experience that.
[/quote]
Hopefully when the US Open is played there in 2017, the USGA won't trick the course up.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1434848842' post='11796566']
J where was the pin on 18? Back left?
[/quote]

LoL, YES it was! Made my 6 after hitting it ever so slightly left of the pin and rolling down off the green.

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1434849788' post='11796740']
[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1434849108' post='11796622']
[/quote]
Hopefully when the US Open is played there in 2017, the USGA won't trick the course up.
[/quote]

Yes, I absolutely enjoyed the day up there. Stopped on the way home and picked up some Spotted Cow, love that stuff.
Apprenti, i was hoping for faster conditions myself especially on the greens, maybe next time.
The caddies were saying that the course will be closed from October 2016 and wont open back up until the US Open is played.
On a logistics point of view this place looks like a nightmare. Im sure the USGA and the local communities will gather and figure this out but man o man its goona be a zoo.

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Got out to Harborside Starboard today. The turf was a bit damp, but certainly playable. There was practically no wind for the first 15 holes, so it was very scoreable. I nailed two hybrids today that led to easy birdies, which doesn't happen often. Driver was working fine, hitting 10 fairways, and had 11 GIRs.

The pace of play today was pretty poor, which was odd given the mild conditions. We started 25 minutes after our scheduled tee, which is rather odd for the course. I've probably played 50 rounds here, and don't recall them falling behind so early in the morning. The round itself took 4:35, which led to another 5+ hour day. 'Getting old.

I'll be playing Lake Bluff tomorrow morning. It's a first visit to the course. Hopefully these strong storms passing through won't saturate the place.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1434854986' post='11797484']
Got out to Harborside Starboard today. The turf was a bit damp, but certainly playable. There was practically no wind for the first 15 holes, so it was very scoreable. I nailed two hybrids today that led to easy birdies, which doesn't happen often. Driver was working fine, hitting 10 fairways, and had 11 GIRs.

The pace of play today was pretty poor, which was odd given the mild conditions. We started 25 minutes after our scheduled tee, which is rather odd for the course. I've probably played 50 rounds here, and don't recall them falling behind so early in the morning. The round itself took 4:35, which led to another 5+ hour day. 'Getting old.

I'll be playing Lake Bluff tomorrow morning. It's a first visit to the course. Hopefully these strong storms passing through won't saturate the place.
[/quote]
Have fun at lake bluff. I like that course. I'm not far from there and it's been raining for a bit. Hopefully it drains well.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

Funny thing about the side starting behind. They probably had either a weather delay or a bunch of groups show up late. You'd much rather them start half an hour behind than on time. Trust me. Four and a half hour round is awesome. Had they started you on time it probably would have been well over a five hour round. Think of it as rush hour traffic and those stop lights on the on ramp. Really helps with congestion.

Played Mill Creek yesterday. They've raised their rates to $60 and no longer have a walking rate. The range and range balls were both really rough.

The course itself was in decent condition but they're letting the growth run wild and there were 7-8 holes, including a short par 3, where you were hitting blind off the tee.

Biggest disappointment was a 5.5 hour round. We waited on nearly every shot on every hole and although there was a ranger driving around, he wasn't doing much to keep them on pace. Pretty sure this was the only visit this year.

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1434854986' post='11797484']

[/quote]

My group more or less stopped playing weekend golf after all the death marches last year. A 4 hour round shouldn't be too much to ask from anybody....

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

I got my clubs back Friday night, and got to play Taconic yesterday.

If any of you are ever in Western MA., I highly recommend it. It's a classic old course built on the side of a mountain. In 1959 Jack Nicklaus won the MA Amateur there. He made an ace on the 14th hole. If Taconic was closer to civilization, it would have more recognition and host more events.