2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1430484118' post='11478691']
[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1430482387' post='11478569']
[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1430461790' post='11478147']
Been in Scottsdale all week for training on my new job... Pretty nice here
[/quote]

Any golf?
[/quote]

Unfortunately the training has me busy every day from 630am until 6pm so I don't have time to sneak in a round. I've gone to top golf twice (Scottsdale weather isn't the only thing that is hot) and am going to try and check out hot stix today. I come out to Scottsdale multiple times a year, so I don't feel that bad not playing on this trip. The weather is just perfect golf weather, no wind and hot!
[/quote]Travel Safe Bro & God Speed :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[color=#282828]Was down south yesterday for a meeting in Joliet and had a buddy who was playing The Sanctuary in New Lenox, afternoon forecast looked good so I told him I would join him. The course was in great shape! It is my second time playing out there this year (March) and it looks like they've done quite a bit to the course to enhance pace of play. They have cut back fescue in a lot of areas and planted some trees. So, visually you can still see where you're supposed to go, but then you don't spend ten minutes looking for balls. Course was in good shape, normally in the summer their greens and fairways are on the firm side, but with all of the recent rain that was not the case.[/color]

[color=#282828]Played my first round in over 6 weeks yesterday (maybe 8)- have hit about seventy five balls during that time to practice. Boy was I rusty... Didn't help that my buddy told me we were to tee off at 3, when I got there at 2:15 he said lets go now. Okay. Cool. [/color][color=#282828]Started off with a legit cold top off the tee (haven't done in about 15 years) followed by a Justin Rose shank in the pond right, drop and then follow up with a half shank heel blade, I'm thinking oh dear this is going to be a long day... Front nine (which as the back nine)- 3 doubles, 2 bogeys 2 birdies 2 pars- 42. I started to figure something out in the last three holes on that side and was striking the ball very well. We tee off on ten (#1) and here comes the storm- Forty five minute hail and thunderstorm delay. That side (front) was totally different as I continued figuring something out and started with three straight birdies- back nine total- 5 birdies, two pars, two bogeys- 33. Total round I had three doubles, four pars, four bogeys, and seven birdies for a smoke n mirrors 75. [/color]

[color=#282828]Thankfully I'm a good scrambler (putting and chipping) because when you suck, but can chip & putt you can turn pars into birdies and bogeys into pars! [/color]

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1433868856' post='11719294']
[color=#282828]Thankfully I'm a good scrambler (putting and chipping) because when you suck, but can chip & putt you can turn pars into birdies and bogeys into pars! [/color]
[/quote]You're a Pro......

And for those knuckleheads that think the Long Ball is the key to this game, you should copy/paste Apprenti's post though there's a reason that you are where you are, and besides, if you can just hit one more 3 bills and keep it in the short hair, you will break 80, right ;)

All the Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Seven Bridges yesterday was interesting...the course is in phenomenal shape, a huge improvement over the dump it was last year but sadly the staff out there still sucks. After paying out $15k for our event yesterday they managed to treat our group like total crap. The staff at this course is probably its biggest downfall, more so than the lack of any real practice facilities.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

[quote name='MountainKing' timestamp='1433878277' post='11720382']
Seven Bridges yesterday was interesting...the course is in phenomenal shape, a huge improvement over the dump it was last year but sadly the staff out there still sucks. After paying out $15k for our event yesterday they managed to treat our group like total crap. The staff at this course is probably its biggest downfall, more so than the lack of any real practice facilities.
[/quote]

That's a bummer- glad to hear the course is in good shape, but major bummer you have issues with the staff. Was the event a charitable organization or fundraising event? Hope the weather didn't interfere with the festivities.

Just got the call...Erin Hills next Friday! I better hit the range and find my game back. :(

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

[quote name='MountainKing' timestamp='1433878277' post='11720382']
[/quote]

That really sucks to hear. The guys on ESPN1000 "Carmen and Jurko" are gonna be out there in a couple of weeks. They've been giving away 2 twosomes a day and have been hyping up this course a lot. Im not going but still good to know for future references.

G400 LST
917F2
913H
'16 JPX EZ Forged
T7 54/58
Bettinardi Tour SS3 DASS BEE KOOL
Snell MTB Black

Nese mund te lexoni kete, me dergoni nje mezazh.

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1433886334' post='11721294']
Just got the call...Erin Hills next Friday! I better hit the range and find my game back. :(
[/quote]

J Man are you taking a caddie? Highly recommending it as it's an 8+ mile walk with a lot of elevation changes plus some of the target lines aren't as it appears. When your caddie tells you to aim 50 yards right of the 18th green, just do it and don't question it!

Hoping you have great weather as it's an AWESOME AWESOME course! And if you have time, there's a nice little bar inside post round or you can enjoy the patio if you haven't had too much time outside.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Had a big deposition this morning, spent the last few days preparing for it. Wrapped it up about 12:30, got an email from a different attorney settling a case i was sure would go to trial. So decided the hell with working the rest of the day, headed out to Village Greens for the first time. Heard a bunch of you talk about it, figured I would check it out. Nice course and real nice facility. Not worth the full fare $70 I paid for 2:30 on a weekday, but I would call it a very good deal at $50.

Played it from the whites, 42-44-86 with a double on 18. Some real long par 4's on the back, even from the whites. Greens were slow, the 3 some I played with told me they are usually faster than today. Putted pretty bad, but played pretty well otherwise. Made a few mistakes off the tee where I should've hit a hybrid rather than hitting a driver into trouble, but when u buy a brand new driver the last thing you wanna do is not hit it, am I right?

Would definitely go back and try to find a better deal. had a nice lunch on the deck beforehand, decided that was a better idea than going to the range.

DP-Apprenti,

Thanks for the heads up. It's my first time Playing Erin Hills so I think a caddie is in order. I dont have all the details but I will def push for caddies. It just makes it a better, full golfing experience with a knowledgable caddie IMO.
We are playing at 1pm so we should have plenty of time to take in the bar environment post round.

G, should I take the obscure non conforming gear up to EH's Or is that frowned upon? :)

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1433905554' post='11723164']
DP-Apprenti,

Thanks for the heads up. It's my first time Playing Erin Hills so I think a caddie is in order. I dont have all the details but I will def push for caddies. It just makes it a better, full golfing experience with a knowledgable caddie IMO.
We are playing at 1pm so we should have plenty of time to take in the bar environment post round.

G, should I take the obscure non conforming gear up to EH's Or is that frowned upon? :)
[/quote]

Play whatever is going to win you the most money. Will throw this out there as well and that's to read your own putts. While I'm respectful of the knowledge that the caddies have, they don't know if you're going to die it in the hole or go dead center and firm. We also played the course around 6,600 ish and that course can play fast. Even at that length I hit more 3w's off the tee than drivers at the caddie's direction as you can get a ton of roll.

Have fun J!

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1433904944' post='11723094']
Had a big deposition this morning, spent the last few days preparing for it. Wrapped it up about 12:30, got an email from a different attorney settling a case i was sure would go to trial. So decided the hell with working the rest of the day, headed out to [b]Village Greens [/b]for the first time. Heard a bunch of you talk about it, figured I would check it out. Nice course and real nice facility. Not worth the full fare $70 I paid for 2:30 on a weekday, but I would call it a very good deal at $50.
[/quote]

Village Greens of Woodridge, or Village Links of Glen Ellyn?? There's a big difference there, most of the guys here, myself included, speak of Village Links of Glen Ellyn. If you wait until 4 I think the rate drops to 25 or so walking.

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1433894719' post='11722056']
DP is giving great advice- a caddy is a must there, you also don't know where next tee is after the previous green!

Buy yourself a shirt or something cool from the shop too, they have something for everyone!
[/quote]

And make sure you ask for your own caddy. 'Nothing frosts my a** like getting double-bagged at a high-end course, and standing around waiting for a club while "your" caddy is off on the other side of the fairway raking your playing partner's bunker. Grrrr.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1433945725' post='11725168']
DP is giving great advice- a caddy is a must there, you also don't know where next tee is after the previous green!

Buy yourself a shirt or something cool from the shop too, they have something for everyone!
[/quote]

And make sure you ask for your own caddy. 'Nothing frosts my a** like getting double-bagged at a high-end course, and standing around waiting for a club while "your" caddy is off on the other side of the fairway raking your playing partner's bunker. Grrrr.
[/quote]

Gotta double bag it, you've got no idea where that caddy's been.

[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1433946020' post='11725204']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Our caddie double bagged it and that wasn't an issue at all. He stopped at the first ball, and the second guy took a couple of clubs and range finder.

57034813.jpg

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

57034813.jpg

Glad to see somebody got it.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1433946284' post='11725248']
[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1433946020' post='11725204']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Our caddie double bagged it and that wasn't an issue at all. He stopped at the first ball, and the second guy took a couple of clubs and range finder.
[/quote]

If the planets align, then it can work. However, too many variables conspire to make for a long day. I was missing right, and the other guy was missing left all day. It felt like I spent the better part of the round waiting for my clubs.

I understand DB'ing at a cheap course employing kids as caddies. However, I wouldn't risk it for a first trip to EH. It's not like you're saving any money. You pay the same fee if they single to double bag. I wouldn't want my visit spoiled like it was last year.

[quote]

That's a bummer- glad to hear the course is in good shape, but major bummer you have issues with the staff. Was the event a charitable organization or fundraising event? Hope the weather didn't interfere with the festivities.
[/quote]

Just a work event, at the end of every school year we rent out a course just to celebrate the year and play some golf. This is the first course that wanted a full rate for everybody regardless if they were golfing or not (the non golfers stay in the clubhouse/party area and socialize) and they were just beyond paranoid of all the golfers on the course thinking we're out there ruining the course. There were only 12 4somes out there, the rest of the group were in the party room so they made a lot of money off of us for not much course use. I seem to have issues out there every time I play, the staff at Seven Bridges is really a joke, I've written a few complaints to the general manager there about conditions or other issues and they always get ignored. I've heard the course is hurting big time and the rounds are down big time, they charge a lot to play the course and have no practice facilities other than two nets to hit into (the mats are about 20 years old in there), last year it was a total dog track but at least they fixed that so far this year.

[quote]
That really sucks to hear. The guys on ESPN1000 "Carmen and Jurko" are gonna be out there in a couple of weeks. They've been giving away 2 twosomes a day and have been hyping up this course a lot. Im not going but still good to know for future references.
[/quote]

I think they dump a lot of cash into advertising on the radio, I hear them get mentioned on WGN and the Score all the time as well.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

It appears that things haven't changed at Seven Bridges. I put them on my permanent sh*t list in 2006 for a d*ckish management decision, and I haven't been back since.

[quote name='awwwskeetskeet' timestamp='1433941978' post='11724712']
By any chance anyone in the chicago area selling any back up putters. Had mine stolen last week at the course and pretty bummed about it.
[/quote]

That blows Awww. What kind of putter was it and what are you looking for? Blade - anser style or a mallet ?

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1433949288' post='11725624']
[quote name='awwwskeetskeet' timestamp='1433941978' post='11724712']
By any chance anyone in the chicago area selling any back up putters. Had mine stolen last week at the course and pretty bummed about it.
[/quote]

That blows Awww. What kind of putter was it and what are you looking for? Blade - anser style or a mallet ? Are you OK with a slightly non-confirming putter?
[/quote]
Updated that for you.

LoL I've got plenty of 1st hole birdie putters for sale, just saying. Unfortunately they dont make jack after the first hole.

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1433944988' post='11725086']
Had a big deposition this morning, spent the last few days preparing for it. Wrapped it up about 12:30, got an email from a different attorney settling a case i was sure would go to trial. So decided the hell with working the rest of the day, headed out to [b]Village Greens [/b]for the first time. Heard a bunch of you talk about it, figured I would check it out. Nice course and real nice facility. Not worth the full fare $70 I paid for 2:30 on a weekday, but I would call it a very good deal at $50.
[/quote]

Village Greens of Woodridge, or Village Links of Glen Ellyn?? There's a big difference there, most of the guys here, myself included, speak of Village Links of Glen Ellyn. If you wait until 4 I think the rate drops to 25 or so walking.
[/quote]

Glen Ellyn.

I thought the Woodridge place was supposed to be a dump.

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1433952255' post='11725994']
[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1433944988' post='11725086']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Glen Ellyn.

I thought the Woodridge place was supposed to be a dump.
[/quote]

Just checking. Woodridge isn't great, that's for sure, but it still has a few holes I like. VL is a bit pricey at the full rate during the week, which is why I usually wait for the 4:00 price drop.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1433890817' post='11721748']
[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1433886334' post='11721294']
[/quote]

J Man are you taking a caddie? Highly recommending it as it's an 8+ mile walk with a lot of elevation changes plus some of the target lines aren't as it appears. When your caddie tells you to aim 50 yards right of the 18th green, just do it and don't question it!

Hoping you have great weather as it's an AWESOME AWESOME course! And if you have time, there's a nice little bar inside post round or you can enjoy the patio if you haven't had too much time outside.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
[/quote]

I'm also going to throw in if you hit it in the longer stuff, just punch out. I learned a few times that there isn't much you can do in terms of advancing the thing.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)