APPLY: Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood Testing. 7 Members wanted!

[b][color=#282828]In the bag:[/color][/b][list]
[*][color=#282828]BBA 815[/color]
[*][color=#282828]Diablio 3W 15*[/color]
[*][color=#282828]X2Hot 18*[/color]
[*][color=#282828]X-20 Tours[/color]
[*]MD2 56*
[*]X Forged 60* C grind
[*]Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Stainless
[/list]
[u][b]Handicap:[/b][/u][list]
[*]8?
[/list]
[u][b]Driver swing speed:[/b][/u][list]
[*]100-102mph
[/list]
[u][b]Righty[/b][/u]

Never been a tester.

I agree to all terms and conditions, of course!

I have a snapped off Steelhead Plus 9* sitting on my desk. Why? Because it was awesome. The reason is because the head was smaller. I somehow had more control using this driver than when newer drivers started to come out. I love my Diablo 3W and it is 100% on the money either from off the tee or in the fairway. I would love to see if this BB Mini would be either a replacement or addition to my bag.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the opportunity!!
[list]
[*]What's in your current bag?
[/list]
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 9.5*
3wood - Titleist 915F 15*
5wood - Taylormade SLDR HL 17* set to 18.5*
Irons - Mizuno JPX 825 4-GW
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM5 54* and 60*
Putter - TP Mills Fleetwood[list]
[*]What's your current handicap?
[/list]
My Current Handicap Index is 3.7[list]
[*]What's your driver swing speed?
[/list]
I haven't measured as accurately as I would like, but somewhere between 107-110[list]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[/list]
Righty[list]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
[/list]
I have not, no.[list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
[/list]
Yes![list]
[*]Now for the essay portion:
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]
[*][b]I've tinkered with quite a bit of varied equipment. Not quite as much as some, but more than most. I understand nuances of club set up and the resulting effects on the golf ball. I believe I also have consistent enough ball flight and ball striking to be able to observe changes in distance, ball flight and accuracy between different clubs, shafts and even different set ups within the same club. [/b]
[*][b]Some other, non-technical reasons include good writing skills, capability for logical and unbiased observations, good written communication skills, and decent photography skills![/b]
[/list][*]
[*]

[/list]

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSi3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

Mizuno Pro 223 $ Taper HT 130x

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey SM9 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125x

Ping PLD Kushin 4/TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

What's in your current bag? FT9 Draw Driver, Mashie 4H, TI Mizuno MP30 irons, Vokey 54,Mizuno 60*, and Cleveland HB7 putter
What's your current handicap? 7
What's your driver swing speed? 105
Are you righty or lefty? Righty
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? No :((If yes, state when/what)
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes!
Now for the essay portion:
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood been looking for a good safe club off the tee. Pulled my last fairway due to inconsistency of the tee and deck and just haven't felt comfortable with one. This seems like a perfect solution!

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

What's in your current bag? Titleist 915 D3 10.5; Callaway XR 17/21/25; SpeedBlade 6-AW; TM TP 54/58; SC DB
What's your current handicap? 9.2
What's your driver swing speed? 87 mph
Are you righty or lefty? Right
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? No
If chosen, do you agree to participate...? Yes
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood?

I have been thinking about purchasing this, or a similar kind of club. Currently I have 13 clubs in my bag. At my home course, which I play 99% of my golf, are at least five holes that require a club of this nature.

My 4-wood is not enough club off the tee (too much yardage left for my approach to well protected greens), and my driver is too much club, not to mention it brings hazards into play if hit too long and is a bit off line). This club would address those issues quite nicely.<br />

In addition, our club occasionally moves the tees on other holes as well, where this club would be a great alternative off the tee, i.e., knowing that specific hazards are out of reach, yet at the same time getting a bit more distance off the tee shot.

Therefore, I would be a good candidate to test this club as I have a very specific need for it. I would share my results with others to determine if it is in fact a practical alternative to the generic 3-wood off the tee in a real world setting.

Also, as a recently turned 60 year old with a slower swing speed, it would give those in a similar situations (older and/or slower swing), an opinion from that side of the "aisle".

Thanks for the opportunity!

What's in your current bag? titleist 913 8.5, titleist 915 fd 13, 3-4 712U, 5-9 titleist 714 cb, 46, 52 sm4 56,60 gold sm5. Scotty Newport custom finish.
What's your current handicap? +2
What's your driver swing speed? 110
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Of course
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: as you can see from the bag I have a setup that gives me lots of options from the tee. Also the course I play is on the west coast of Scotland where the wind likes to blow. I need something that is strong off the short holes off the tee and can still stop on the par 5's.
As a plus handicapper I also have the ability to hit many different shots, that may help when it comes to my write up. Also the group of guys I play with vary in ability so could help give a cross section of opinions.

What's in your current bag? G20 8.5, X2 Hot 3 wood, titleist 913 7wood, Ap2 irons, mac daddy wedges and ping putter
What's your current handicap? 13
What's your driver swing speed? 110
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? No (If yes, state when/what)
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes!
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood

I just got the x2 hot 3 wood 6 rounds ago and it's my first Callaway wood and my favorite in the bag. I would love to try the mini as a safer option off the tee than my driver.

What's in your current bag? Pong i25 9.5 and RBZ Stage 2 tour spoon
What's your current handicap? 10
What's your driver swing speed? 120ish
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Of course
I would be a good candidate as I have recently found myself going to the spoon more off the tee and still use it on some par 5s. Thanks for the opportunity.

Taylormade Stealth 9*
Ping I25 14* 3 Wood
Ping G425 19* Hybrid
Ping I210 4-UW
Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*,58*
Scotty Cameron Del Mar

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? J33r 12* or 2014 Rapture 13*, razr fit extreme 15 & 21, j15mb, j40 54 and 60. odyssey 9ht versa
[*]What's your current handicap? 9
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 112 is
[*]Are you righty or lefty? righty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) Yes, UST Elements Chrome
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? YES
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway.[/b]
[*][b]I am playing more position golf rather than smash it around golf. I have been playing a lot of golf with the new rapture as my top dog in the bag and find that it works very well for me. I love my rfx fairways and would like to make the transition from top dog to 3 wood much easier by using the Bertha mini. I think it would fit nicely at the top, while keeping the forgiveness, look and performance I'm now accustomed to. I really think it would be a top performer and fit me very well. [/b]
[/list]

[/list]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Cobra BioCell Driver, Titleist 913F, Titleist 913H, Callaway X Forged irons, Callaway forged wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport 2
[*]What's your current handicap? 4
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 108
[*]Are you righty or lefty? righty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? YES
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway.[/b]
[*]I would be a good candidate to test this club because I am an avid golfer, always practicing and playing on a daily basis and have good knowledge of how a club should feel and play, and would be able to give a very good and detailed review of the club as well as get give good feedback when asked for. When playing my priority is finding the fairway so I feel my game suits this club very well and I would be able to get the most out of this club and put it to great use. I believe my feedback can be valuable and used by Golf WRX and its readers and I would be able to help others through my review. If chosen I would test the club to the best of my abilities both on the range and on the course to get the best overall feel for the club and be the best tester I can. I would also be able to test the club in multiple conditions in order to see how it responds in different circumstances and understand where it can perform best. I am also a very strong writer and would be able to write a very well organized and detailed response. I feel this club could be a great fit for not only for myself but many others and I would love to get to help you all test this club and hopefully help many other golfers in the process. Thank you for considering and I would love to have this opportunity.
[/list]

· What's in your current bag?
12º TM SLDR Mini, Matrix VLCT SP +85 R flex
16º & 19º Adams Tight Lies FW, R flex, std OEM shaft
4-5 Cobra hybrid, R Flex, std OEM shaft
5-GW Adams A4 Forged, Matrix Studio R Flex
SW Cleveland Reg 588 56-10, TT steel
Oddysey White Hot XG #7, SuperStroke Flatso 2.0 w/ 50 gm counterweight
· What's your current handicap?
· What's your driver swing speed?
Approx. 85-90
· Are you righty or lefty?
Lefty
· Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
No
· If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
Yes
· Now for the essay portion:
After playing for 25+ years and always hitting a slice with my driver, and trying 20+ different drivers, finally accepted last year I can’t hit a driver longer than 43.5”. Tried cutting down 460cc drivers to 43.5, but still couldn’t turn a large head driver over. Moved to the mini driver in early 2014 and have been the most consistent off the tee in my life. Would like to try the Callaway Mini even though it is 44” as it has adjustability which the TM mini does not and I can always grip down. Thanks for considering my submission.
· What's in your current bag?
12º TM SLDR Mini, Matrix VLCT SP +85 R flex
16º & 19º Adams Tight Lies FW, R flex, std OEM shaft
4-5 Cobra hybrid, R Flex, std OEM shaft
5-GW Adams A4 Forged, Matrix Studio R Flex
SW Cleveland Reg 588 56-10, TT steel
Oddysey White Hot XG #7, SuperStroke Flatso 2.0 w/ 50 gm counterweight
· What's your current handicap?
· What's your driver swing speed?
Approx. 85-90
· Are you righty or lefty?
Lefty
· Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
No
· If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
Yes
· Now for the essay portion:
After playing for 25+ years and always hitting a slice with my driver, and trying 20+ different drivers, finally accepted last year I can’t hit a driver longer than 43.5”. Tried cutting down 460cc drivers to 43.5, but still couldn’t turn a large head driver over. Moved to the mini driver in early 2014 and have been the most consistent off the tee in my life. Would like to try the Callaway Mini even though it is 44” as it has adjustability which the TM mini does not and I can always grip down. Thanks for considering my submission.

Ping G400 Max 10.5° Distanza SR

Ping G425 SFT 3 & 5, Distanza SR

Ping G30 4H R

Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW, Projext X Catalyst 60 R

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Cleveland CBX 56° Full Face, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Evnroll ER10 34" Winn ProX 1.18 grip

Srixon Soft Feel

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1432648596' post='11627910']
[attachment=2774830:TESTING_berthamini.jpg]

[color=#282828]It's GolfWRX member review time again! ,We're looking for 10 members to test and give their feedback on Callaway Golf'[/color][color=#282828]s XR Series of Drivers, Fairways, Hybrids and Irons. Here are the details....[/color]

[color=#B22222][b]ABOUT THE CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA MINI 1.5 FAIRWAY WOOD[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]OFF THE TEE[/b]
Off the tee, it’s a better option for players than our typical 3-wood. It has higher MOI from a 235cc head that’s 35% larger than XR, and a shape that gives you confidence over the ball. [/color]
[color=#5A6673][size=4][color=#000000][size=4]It has high ball speed from a Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup, a Forged Composite crown, and the cambered Warbird Sole makes it easy to hit. You’re getting all the best features of a driver in the framework of a larger fairway wood.[/size][/color][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4][b]OFF THE DECK[/b]
If you have a high swing speed, you can play this off the fairway for high speed and amazing distance. You know that long Par-5 you’ve been trying to reach in two? You might be able to get home now.[/size][/color]

[b]ADJUSTIBILITY[/b]
[size=4]Depending on how you want to play it, the Bertha Mini 1.5 can be a replacement driver, a longer option off the tee than a 3-wood, or a club that’s playable off the fairway. That’s why we’ve put in an OptiFit Hosel to tune it to your settings. Choose from 8 different combinations for your loft (-1, S, +1, +2) and lie angle (Draw or Neutral) configurations.[/size]

http://youtu.be/58ZrNkE9RZY

[color=#b22222][b]HOW TO APPLY[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]In a post below, answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]
[/list]
[/list]
[color=#B22222][b]HOW TESTERS ARE CHOSEN[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]We will chose up to 7 testers from all applicants a few days after this application thread is closed. Stock shafts/setups will be used.[/color]

[color=#B22222][b]ENTER BELOW![/b][/color]
[/quote]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? All Callway minus putter: X-Hot Pro 9.5 - Project Xv ~ Flex-S , X-Hot Pro 17* - Project Xv ~ Flex-S, X2-Hot pro Hybrid 20* Tour Green Flex-S, X-Utility 23* _ Project X-Pi ~ Flex 6.0, X-Tour Forged (2007) 5-PW DG-300, X-Forged Wedged, 50*/12, 54/14*, 59/9* Custom Hand Grind Bouce 4* Wedge Shafts Aldila Multi Pro Wedge 105gm - Flex-S, Putter: Bettinardi Queen B # 6 33" White Mid size Pure Grip.
[*]What's your current handicap? 7.8
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 105-110
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes.
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood. ---------- Cause i'm a Callaway Junkie: LOL, Really, the course i play is a very tight layout, small greens, narrow fairways, I would love to give this Mini a try to see if it would take the driver out of play for me, The Driver is one of the favorite clubs in the bag. [/b]
[/list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]We will chose up to 7 testers from all applicants a few days after this application thread is closed. Stock shafts/setups will be used.[/color]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? BB Alpha 9 degree and X Hot 3 deep
[*]What's your current handicap? 10
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 100
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No.
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? I do.
[/list]
I think I'd make a good tester because I just recently upgraded the bag after playing older technology for some time (Nike VR TW blades and TM 360 driver), so I'm still learning about the newest advances. I also love to write and talk golf, so it sounds like a great time to me!

Thanks for the opportunity!

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? - Callaway 815alpha◊◊ 10.5, Callaway RazrX 4w, Mizuno MP4 3-PW, Cameron GoLo7
[*]What's your current handicap? 4.1
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 103-107
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes
[list]
[*]I am a long time fan and user of Callaway woods. My first was in 1991(ish) when I picked up an original S2H2 3w (at the time still patent pending). The difference between this club and my Wilson Staff laminated 3 wood was so incredible that it still drives me today in looking for that next great club. My favorite Callaway of all time though, was the Warbird Deuce. So dependable, accurate and long, that I used it for almost 25 years before retiring it this year in favor of the new BB Alpha driver. I love spending time with different clubs, analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of each. How do they fit my game? What do I gain from this club? What do I give up? Looking for that "next big thing" that changes my game the way that old 3 wood did. In my search for a new driver over the past 18 months, I've tried everything from Titleist to Cobra to Ping and Taylor Made. Since replacing my driver, I'm now actively looking for the "right" fairway woods and would welcome the opportunity to work with the Big Bertha Mini 1.5 and offer my opinions as to why it should, or should not make it into someone's bag. I've played (on the course) a few of this years fairways woods from Titleist, Cobra and Taylor Made, so I believe I have a solid basis to understand how the Callaway compares to any of these, as well as how this club would fare as a driver replacement. (I'm not sure how long the test lasts, or when it begins, but I'll be playing a bunch of rounds in July at Chambers Bay, and Bandon Dunes Resort, so at least any club I carried would get to see some great courses :) ) Thank you for your consideration of my application.
[/list]

[/list]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? [b]Callaway XRLD 6.0: HOF Sadlowski XX shaft, Callaway Xhot 3 Deep Matrix MFS 75 KJ Choi Signature Shaft X, Titleist 712 U DG x100, Titleist 712 CB/MB (4-P) DG x100, Titleist SM5 50,54,58 dg x100, Odyssey Versa #9 [/b]
[*]What's your current handicap?[b]8.0[/b]
[*]What's your driver swing speed?[b]135mph[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]lefty[/b]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [b]Nope[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [b]Yes.[/b]
[*][color="#282828"]Now for the essay portion: [/color][b][color="#282828"]I am currently looking to replace my 3 deep with a similar deep face fairway wood. I use my 3 wood a lot off the tee and for long par 5's off the deck. Just looking to outfit myself with a comparable wood to what I have but utilizing the new adjustment capabilities of the 1.5 [/color][/b]
[/list]

[b][u]What's in your current bag?[/u][/b]

Titleist 913 D2 with Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 05
Ping i25 14* 3 wood with Diamana 'ilima 70X
Titleist 910h 19* hybrid with Matrix Ozik Altus 85X
Titleist 714mb 4-9 iron with True Temper X100
Vokey SM4 46* 52* 60* and TVD K Grind 56* with True Temper DG Spinner Wedge+
Lajosi DD201

[b][u]What's your current handicap?[/u][/b]

[b][u]What's your driver swing speed?[/u][/b]

110-115

[b][u]Are you righty or lefty?[/u][/b]

Lefty

[b][u]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)[/u][/b]

I have not.

[b][u]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?[/u][/b]

Yes, of course!

[b][u]Now for the essay portion:[/u][/b]

I have a lot of time to play throughout the Summer due to being able to schedule my own work schedule so the club will get a lot of use. My home course has two long par 5's that even with my distance I have a hard time getting there in 2. One is 576 yards and the other is 542 yards so it would be interesting to see if this club would give me the distance needed to reach these in 2. My course also has a couple of tighter par 4's that don't necessarily require a driver so it would be nice to try some different shots off of the tee with this club.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi 60TX

Fairway: PING G425 SFT | Diamana 'ahina 80X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 | Dynamic Gold TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

[size=4]WITB:[/size]
[size=4]Cobra Bio Cell Pro 10* - Diamana D+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* - Speeder 7.2 TS
Titleist 913H 21* - Diamana D+ 92HY
Adams MB2 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120
Titleist Vokey SM5 54.10M & 58.08M
Scotty Cameron Futura X5[/size]

[size=4]Handicap: 3.5[/size]

Driver Swing speed: 105mph

Hand: Right

Tested Before?: No

Will you participate in the review thread and provide feedback/photos?: Absolutely

Why would you be a good candidate?: My driver has always been the least consistent club in the bag for me, and I'd love to experiment with a shorter club with a smaller profile. I've also always wanted to participate in a GolfWRX promo like this one!

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? [b]Titleist 915D3 driver, 931FD 3 wood, 913HD hybrid, 714 AP2 irons, Vokey SM5 wedges[/b]
[*]What's your current handicap?[b] +2.3[/b]
[*]What's your driver swing speed? [b]115-118mph[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]LH[/b]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [b] No[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [b]Yes[/b]
[*]Now for the essay portion: [b]I'm a pretty decent player that gets out a lot and I'm not afraid of some range time as well. I like working the ball both ways and would love an alternative off the tee. I think this is a very interesting club, that could open the door to my golf game a little more. Plus who wouldn't like some more extra distance of the deck![/b]
[/list]

PING G425 Max 9° GD DI 6X
PING G425 Max 3 wood 14.5° HZRDUS T1100 6.5

PING G425 Max 7 wood 20.5° HZRDUS T1100 6.5
PING i59 4-PW PX 6.0
PING Glide Forge Pro 50° 54° 58°  PX 6.0
Machine custom Garage

[color=#282828]It's GolfWRX member review time again! ,We're looking for 10 members to test and give their feedback on Callaway Golf'[/color][color=#282828]s XR Series of Drivers, Fairways, Hybrids and Irons. Here are the details....[/color]

[color=#B22222][b]ABOUT THE CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA MINI 1.5 FAIRWAY WOOD[/b][/color]
Off the tee, it’s a better option for players than our typical 3-wood. It has higher MOI from a 235cc head that’s 35% larger than XR, and a shape that gives you confidence over the ball. [/color]
[color=#5A6673][size=4][color=#000000][size=4]It has high ball speed from a Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup, a Forged Composite crown, and the cambered Warbird Sole makes it easy to hit. You’re getting all the best features of a driver in the framework of a larger fairway wood.[/size][/color][/size][/color]

If you have a high swing speed, you can play this off the fairway for high speed and amazing distance. You know that long Par-5 you’ve been trying to reach in two? You might be able to get home now.[/size][/color]

[b]ADJUSTIBILITY[/b]
[size=4]Depending on how you want to play it, the Bertha Mini 1.5 can be a replacement driver, a longer option off the tee than a 3-wood, or a club that’s playable off the fairway. That’s why we’ve put in an OptiFit Hosel to tune it to your settings. Choose from 8 different combinations for your loft (-1, S, +1, +2) and lie angle (Draw or Neutral) configurations.[/size]

[color=#B22222][b]HOW TO APPLY[/b][/color]
[*]What's in your current bag? Sldr mini 10.5
[*]What's your current handicap? 2.3
[*]What's your driver swing speed?118
[*]Are you righty or lefty?righty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)no
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?yes
[list]
[/list][*][b]I would be a good candidate because I am currently playing the TM version of this club. I can compare and contrast side by side and give an accurate evaluation of each. I also am a player who does not generally care for larger headed drivers , so I would naturally favor the smaller head. I have the ability to hit shots low, high , right or left and can even provide accurate distances of carry and rollout of each shot/club. The rest of my bag is 99% callaway with the Razr MB, x2hot 3 wood and PM and MD grind wedges... I would be pleased to be chosen and give a great review! [/b]
[/list]

[/quote]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Sldr mini 10.5 sometimes Ping anser 9.5 x 2 hot 15 speeder 757x razr MB px 6.5 3-AW 56 callaway MB tour grind 60 callaway PM grind
[*]What's your current handicap? 2.3
[*]What's your driver swing speed?118
[*]Are you righty or lefty?righty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)no
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?yes
[list]
[/list][*][b]I would be a good candidate because I am currently playing the TM version of this club. I can compare and contrast side by side and give an accurate evaluation of each. I also am a player who does not generally care for larger headed drivers , so I would naturally favor the smaller head. I have the ability to hit shots low, high , right or left and can even provide accurate distances of carry and rollout of each shot/club. The rest of my bag is 99% callaway with the Razr MB, x2hot 3 wood and PM and MD grind wedges... I would be pleased to be chosen and give a great review! [/b]
[/list]

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[list]
[list]
[*]R11s Driver, RBZ 3wood, Nike Vapor Pro irons, Vokey wedges
[/list]
[list]
[*]Right around a 20 hc
[/list]
[list]
[*]driver swing speed is around 120 normally. have been struggling with contact out of the middle so i am dialing it down
[/list]
[list]
[*]Righty
[/list]
[list]
[*]No I am a new guy around here
[/list]
[list]
[*]I will gladly accomplish the tasks at hand to test it out
[/list]
[list]
[*]Why should i get to test the 1.5? well i am struggling with consistency with my driver so it would replace it right off the bat... I am at the range at least a couple times a week so i would have ample time to spend with it. I believe that i am in the target demographic, faster swing speed that struggles with consistency. I have been thinking about putting a smaller driver in the bag anyways.
[/list]

[/list]

[b]ADJUSTIBILITY[/b]

[color=#B22222][b]HOW TO APPLY[/b][/color]
[list]
[/list]
[/list]

[/quote]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Alternate between Callaway 2Deep and 13* CB2
[*]What's your current handicap? 3.5
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 105
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway [/b]
[*][b]I have always favored small headed drivers and have searched for the illusive "mini-driver". I have tried 13* 3Deep, 2Deep, and various TEE 3 woods but so far none have provided necessary accuracy with distance; even though the "Deeps" were driver length distance wise my percentage of fairways hit wasn't as high enough to justify using them as a frequent driver replacement. Finding the mini is priority #1 for me. Would spend a lot of time testing it if chosen.[/b]
[/list]
[/list]

What's in your current bag
Aeroburner TP 10.5 Motore 2.0
SLDR TP 15* p95x
Aeroburner TP 18 p95x
Mp-64 c-taper s+ 4-pw
X Forged 50
X forged 54
X forged 60
Tank cruiser 7

What's your current handicap?
What's your driver swing speed?
Are you righty or lefty?
Righty
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
Yes. Last year... Odyssey Tank Cruiser

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?

Yes

Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood

The last product I had the chance to test literally changed my game. I went from a defensive scared putter to someone who believes they have a shot at making anything. Changed my whole outlook on golf. I feel like the 1.5 could be a similar product. I've never played a mini driver before but have been intrigued. At my home course I never need 3 wood off the deck but I have to tee off with it quite frequently as there are a lot of long par 4s where the fairway ends at the 150 and driver would be too much and 3 wood just leaves that little bit extra. I could see teeing off with it on 6 or 7 holes a round. I like the idea of a bigger sweet spot for more forgiveness especially for those early morning rounds with not enough warm up time.

Ping G30 LS 10.5 VC7.2 TS X
TM SLDR mini 12* Ozik F7M2 X
TM "vault" MC 3-pw PX7.0
Vokey 54/60
TM Spider Blade 2.0 38"
Hcp: +1.6
driver SS: 117
Righty
I've never tested for WRX YET!
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? YES! I'd love to participate!
Why would I be a good candidate for testing the 1.5?
I carry a driver, mostly out of a sense of obligation, but since the Mini 12* came out I've hit that almost exclusively off the tee. I am not looking to replace my driver, but I am always looking for something that's better. There's always something better out there. The mini has been a game changer for me, however I know there's something left on the table. Let me conduct a mini driver shootout! I've already got one dialed in, but I trust this Callaway will stack up to anything! I'm so anxious to see them head to head! Thanks for your time and consideration.

[color="#282828"]712 AP2 3-GW[/color]
[color=#282828]115[/color]
[color=#282828]Right side (proper side)[/color]
[color=#282828]No Testing previously[/color]
Hell yeah I will participate

[b]I play a ton of golf, have a loose driver, and play a course that requires some technical drives and would love to try something a little more accurate.[/b]

▪ What's in your current bag?
[indent=1]◦ [color=#0000ff] [b]Driver: Titleist 915 9.5 Aldila Rouge Black 70 S[/b][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#0000ff]◦ [b]3W: Callaway X2 Hot Aldila Tour Blue S[/b][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#0000ff]◦ [b]5W: Callaway X2 Hot Aldila Tour Blue S[/b][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#0000ff]◦ [b]Irons: Callaway XR Project X 5.5 (5-A)[/b][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#0000ff]◦ [b]Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12, 56 M10, 60 K11[/b][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#0000ff]◦ [b]Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X[/b][/color][/indent]
▪ What's your current handicap?
[indent=1]◦ [color=#0000ff][b]11.6[/b][/color][/indent]
▪ What's your driver swing speed?
[indent=1]◦ [color=#0000ff][b]105[/b][/color][/indent]
▪ Are you righty or lefty?
[indent=1]◦ [color=#0000ff][b]Righty[/b][/color][/indent]
▪ Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
[indent=1]◦ [color=#0000ff][b]No[/b][/color][/indent]
▪ If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
[indent=1]◦ [color=#0000ff][b]Yes, of course.[/b][/color][/indent]
▪ Now for the essay portion: [b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]
[indent=1]◦ [b][color="#0000ff"]My home course has a few short (320-360) Par 4s on which my driver currently goes too far and brings trouble into play. I would like to test the 14 degree Mini 1.5 Kuro Kage stiff as a shorter option off the tee and will also use it to get home on the longer Par 5s. It will be replacing my current 3W, the X2 Hot. I will also be playing some longer courses and links (windy) courses in the next few weeks, so you will get the results of the club in different environments. Thanks![/color][/b][/indent]

Bio cell pro/ xtd 17*/ answer 20*/ j40 dpc 4-pw
12 cap
100-105 driver SS
RH
never tested for wrx before
Of course I will post amazing photos and participate in my review thread!

I think I would be a great tester because I represent the most typical wrxer. Not a single digit cap but far from a hack. I am 29, live in socal, am up to date on equipment (bought and sold most of it on bst) and technology. Additionally, I don't play a fairway wood because my xtd hybrid goes plenty long. I'm most definitely not a Callaway fanboy so if this club can sway me it would probably be best case scenario for Callaway. I will remain unbiased, vigilant and demanding in my review.

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0