Jones Bag Users

Pulling the trigger on a Greyson, I love the pattern.... anyone willing to give suggestions on which Seamus headcovers you think would look best or does this deserve its own topic? I am a huge fan of Houndstooth patterns FWIW

EDIT: Kinda like the idea of the Herringbone on Herringbone look, but may not provide enough contrast.

I like the Hebridean Mist with a darker liner for a subtle contrast for more contrast with a touch more color I like the Doune. Then there is the obvious herringbone or Tweed even the Melton.

Would you do all 3 the same or mix? I really like the Doune as well.

I think mixing the Seamus covers gives your bag some real character and I've gotten a ton of compliments on my bag. They have a ton of different color options so you can pretty easily find a few that look nice together. If you go back a page or two there's some pictures of my setup. Olive utility bag, Hebridean Mist fairway cover, countryman hybrid cover and a real tree camo putter cover I found on eBay. Probably going to pick up a driver cover at the US Open this year.

Pulling the trigger on a Greyson, I love the pattern.... anyone willing to give suggestions on which Seamus headcovers you think would look best or does this deserve its own topic? I am a huge fan of Houndstooth patterns FWIW

EDIT: Kinda like the idea of the Herringbone on Herringbone look, but may not provide enough contrast.

I like the Hebridean Mist with a darker liner for a subtle contrast for more contrast with a touch more color I like the Doune. Then there is the obvious herringbone or Tweed even the Melton.

Can't go wrong with Doune. For me personally I like to mix instead of going full bag of one design.

Can't go wrong with Doune. For me personally I like to mix instead of going full bag of one design.

I like the Doune as well. I would pick that for the driver, but what would you match it with for the fairway and hybrid? Too bad Seamus doesn't have a feature where you can select a couple of different ones and see how they look together.

I like the Doune as well. I would pick that for the driver, but what would you match it with for the fairway and hybrid? Too bad Seamus doesn't have a feature where you can select a couple of different ones and see how they look together.

Depends on the bag and what you like. I'm a big fan of blue so I tend to gravitate towards those covers. If you want to go with a darker color a Royal Dornoch might look good, or a Strathclyde Blue. If you want to go lighter a Sloan Square is cool, and lighter with color a Schiel Magenta is one that I have and like. And the tweeds always look good too. Also have a look at examples on Instagram and go from there.

I like to mix them up similar but not too matched

Awesome responses thank you so much, at this point I’m going to walk away from the Houndstooth option, I think a mixture like everyone has pointed out is a good option. Doune will be one but the other 2 I’m still struggling...

Do they do custom yardage books, I don’t see Doune as an option?

Why so few mallet putter covers??

Awesome responses thank you so much, at this point I'm going to walk away from the Houndstooth option, I think a mixture like everyone has pointed out is a good option. Doune will be one but the other 2 I'm still struggling...

Do they do custom yardage books, I don't see Doune as an option?

Call them and ask. They're awesome to work with and often accommodate special requests.

Ok I think I have made some progress... what is everyone's thoughts on the following:

Driver:

Definitely going with the Doune as its my favorite pattern: https://www.seamusgo...entVerticalTab2

Then some combination of the next 4? Or should I go with less white since the bag is grey (Gresyon Jones)

https://www.seamusgo...ts/harris-lilac

https://www.seamusgo...s/shiel-magenta

https://www.seamusgo...ts/stewart-blue

https://www.seamusgo...an-square-steel

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

Here are some covers i like with my Doune putter cover. Far left is the Hawaii driver only, shiel magenta in the middle and the charcoal tweed on the right. Also the USA cover matches very well, but not everybody likes that look. That material by itself would be a perfect compliment without the flag stitching.

40053899755_6cd3aaeff2_c.jpg

Alrighty, made it through all 146763 posts since my last one in this thread (still have my original). Seriously considering adding a utility to the rotation. Anyone else have experience with one in a cart and on a pushcart? Before anyone suggests the rider, I'd rather stay away from a bag that heavy.

I have a Greyson and black utility bags and take them everywhere we golf in USA. Cart, walk and pushcart...no issues at all really love the Jones Utility Bags and would be hard pressed to even consider another brand.

Ok I think I have made some progress... what is everyone's thoughts on the following:

Driver:

Definitely going with the Doune as its my favorite pattern: https://www.seamusgo...entVerticalTab2

Then some combination of the next 4? Or should I go with less white since the bag is grey (Gresyon Jones)

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

I like the Sloan with the Doune, looks like they both have the blue on the inside. Personally, I wouldn't mix Tartans. I would do Doune driver and then some tweed or melton for the others. Sloan with the Greyson might be a bit monochromatic.

Driver:

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

I like the Sloan with the Doune, looks like they both have the blue on the inside. Personally, I wouldn't mix Tartans. I would do Doune driver and then some tweed or melton for the others. Sloan with the Greyson might be a bit monochromatic.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

Anyone else have opinions on mixing tartans? I thought it would be OK but now I’m second guessing myself.

Driver:

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

Anyone else have opinions on mixing tartans? I thought it would be OK but now I'm second guessing myself.

I like the idea of going Doune Driver and Sloan Square Steel for fairway/Hybrid and a simple all black for Putter I may have just talked myself into purchasing the Greyson again and going with that combo....LOL JK I currently have the Tobacco brown with the Glacier National Park Driver cover and the Irish National Fairway/Hybrid. with a white Ping Putter cover, it looks great, but I cant take credit for it, I got the idea off the Jones Facebook page.

Alrighty, made it through all 146763 posts since my last one in this thread (still have my original). Seriously considering adding a utility to the rotation. Anyone else have experience with one in a cart and on a pushcart? Before anyone suggests the rider, I'd rather stay away from a bag that heavy.

I have a Greyson and black utility bags and take them everywhere we golf in USA. Cart, walk and pushcart...no issues at all really love the Jones Utility Bags and would be hard pressed to even consider another brand.

That's what I like to hear, thanks bud! I have an old Sun Mountain stand bag that holds some of the backup sticks in a closet because the darn stand mechanism hates my pushcart... Glad to hear it's not an issue with the Jones Utility.

Sounds like between my Original and a Utility, I'd be all set!

That's what I like to hear, thanks bud! I have an old Sun Mountain stand bag that holds some of the backup sticks in a closet because the darn stand mechanism hates my pushcart... Glad to hear it's not an issue with the Jones Utility.

Sounds like between my Original and a Utility, I'd be all set!

Maybe set:-) however sometimes I can’t decide whether to carry my Players series or one of my two Utility bags. :-)

Any major differences felt when carrying the Utility vs. Players/Original? I like my Original but will agree, setting it down and picking it back up over and over again during a round can get old. I like the idea of a little more storage in the Utility also... is it noticeably heavier when carrying?

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Yes it is noticeably heavier when you put all 14 clubs in the bag. When I carry the utility bags, I play with 11 or 12 clubs because really, that’s all ever use anyway. If you like the storage of the utility wait for the new Rover bags. Everything you want in the utility, with two straps, no stand and fairly lightweight. I tried one for a few rounds. Going to be a great bag for Jones!

Love my Utility. Got the charcoal a few weeks ago ahead of a trip to Monterey where I’d be carrying with no push cart. Since getting back I’ve used it on a cart once and on my clicgear(with ewheels) a few times and have had no issues. I’m enjoying having a smaller sized bag. I have mid sized mcc grips and an oversized putter grip. Get a bit of grabbing at times, but honestly it’s worked better than I thought it would. Haven’t considered going back to my c130s.

Callaway Maverik SZ

Taylor Made Original One

Adams a12 16 *

Titleist 816 23*

Miura cb1008/2008 combo

Miura 52

Callaway 58

???flatstick

Love my Utility. Got the charcoal a few weeks ago ahead of a trip to Monterey where I’d be carrying with no push cart. Since getting back I’ve used it on a cart once and on my clicgear(with ewheels) a few times and have had no issues. I’m enjoying having a smaller sized bag. I have mid sized mcc grips and an oversized putter grip. Get a bit of grabbing at times, but honestly it’s worked better than I thought it would. Haven’t considered going back to my c130s.

Man... It's sounds like a slightly heavier original, with structure, more pockets, and a stand for range time... Very enticing!

Anyone have experience with the all vinyl stripeshow or bomber? I’m thinking of getting the players series with the spine or the unstructured all vinyl bomber/stripe.

I have an unstructured Elliot golf bag (not full leather), and the fabric is so soft that it collapses like a t shirt. I have a mizuno scratch sac that is only partially structured and it holds its shape decently. I’m perfectly cool with unstructured in general, but don’t want the complete collapse I’ve had with my other bag. Thanks

Anyone have experience with the all vinyl stripeshow or bomber? I’m thinking of getting the players series with the spine or the unstructured all vinyl bomber/stripe.

I have an unstructured Elliot golf bag (not full leather), and the fabric is so soft that it collapses like a t shirt. I have a mizuno scratch sac that is only partially structured and it holds its shape decently. I’m perfectly cool with unstructured in general, but don’t want the complete collapse I’ve had with my other bag. Thanks

Go Players Series IMHO :-) I’ve even strapped it on a cart (when we sometimes change our mind and ride) and it’s okay (mostly:-).

That looks really good!!

Yesterday I ordered a Utility stand bag in the Pacific Blue and I have Seamus covers already on the way...went with Davidson Muted and Cameron Erracht Muted...hope they end up looking okay together, we'll see. Was originally going to go navy for the bag but decided I like the Pacific Blue more with the red pulls, grey handle, etc.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie