Jones Bag Users

Here is mine on a cart, didn't feel like walking today.

Still looks just as good on the cart IMO!

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Utility users, has anyone had a problem with the stand leg closest to you while walking using both straps being too loose and tapping against the underside of the bag? I'm a new user and I get a constant tapping while walking down the fairway. If I hold the leg, it's fine, and if I push down on the bottom end of the bag with my left hand while walking the sound seems to dissipate. Any one else have this issue? Solutions other than get over it?

Utility users, has anyone had a problem with the stand leg closest to you while walking using both straps being too loose and tapping against the underside of the bag? I'm a new user and I get a constant tapping while walking down the fairway. If I hold the leg, it's fine, and if I push down on the bottom end of the bag with my left hand while walking the sound seems to dissipate. Any one else have this issue? Solutions other than get over it?
I’ve only had this happen with an over full bag and not picking it straight up to start. If I straighten the bag, make sure the clubs are in all the way, then pick up, never a problem. The stand mechanism must bind with the clubs a little mid bag. Personally I never really liked the whole stand system with the uneven base, so back to the Players Bag...

I’m pretty tempted to get one myself. They just look so narrow and afraid it’s difficult to get my clubs in without smashing the grips and scratching my shafts. Am I paranoid or is this really an issue? Any feedback is appreciated.

I've had it happen a few times and haven't exactly figured out what causes it. I often listen to music while playing and often use a push cart, so I can deal with the occasional thump.

Ordered navy red white original with some stitch knit head covers. Can’t wait for arrival, will post pics as soon as it arrives. Walk about 80% of the time, anxious to see how the single strap works for 18, may go to a double if awkward.

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Anxious to see real world pics of that bag and head covers ... I almost ordered that color combo before settling on the black/white original. I had an opportunity to walk 18 before the weather got cold and liked the single strap. The strap is very wide, well padded, and with the lightweight of the bag, it's easy to carry.

Half the clubs, twice the fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered navy red white original with some stitch knit head covers. Can’t wait for arrival, will post pics as soon as it arrives. Walk about 80% of the time, anxious to see how the single strap works for 18, may go to a double if awkward.

I know it's probably blasphemous...but I put an izzo double strap on my Jones Utility. Made it a better bag IMO.

I know it's probably blasphemous...but I put an izzo double strap on my Jones Utility. Made it a better bag IMO.

Nah. It's perfect! Back in the 1980's we all switched the straps on the Jones bag. Or added a second strap. The origional one would kind of fall apart on the underside. I have always liked the thin strap, which is why I like the Players bag today...

Does anyone have any discount codes to spare here? Really like the look of the utility bags.

Two opportunities for “deals” - wait for Black Friday (now awhile away) where the last 3 seasons they've had 40% (almost) everything

Also, they occasionally have a randomized bag deal, where you buy for a deeply discounted price but don’t get to pick which bag you get (typically one with a logo that was returned).

Beyond that, I don’t recall much vis-a-vis sales / discount deals for Jones

Does anyone have any discount codes to spare here? Really like the look of the utility bags.

Two opportunities for "deals" - wait for Black Friday (now awhile away) where the last 3 seasons they've had 40% (almost) everything

Also, they occasionally have a randomized bag deal, where you buy for a deeply discounted price but don't get to pick which bag you get (typically one with a logo that was returned).

Beyond that, I don't recall much vis-a-vis sales / discount deals for Jones

Last year around this time, I took the chance on the grab bag. I got a black and white Original, no logo or flaw I could discover. Great bag, walked a lot of golf, I used it all season, and it's still like new. Just a damp cloth to clean what little dirt it did pick up.

Worth the wait.

I had an old carry bag break (Ogio Shredder) in the middle of a recent golf trip. The shop had very limited selection in stock this time of year (awaiting 2018 models) and I wound up with this Jones bag. It has a very high quality premium feel with an excellent pocket layout. However, it is on the small side. It holds 14 clubs OK when walking but I wouldn't recommend it for cart use, it's just too small to get clubs in/out easily.

Nice padded double strap setup, but seems more designed for single strap use. Received some complements from caddies on the trip. The buckle adjustment is not as easy to dial in on the go as a backpack style or a Ping carry double strap.

Now that I'm home, I will be using my Ouul super light as my everyday bag. I do a mix of walking/pushing/riding, and the Ouul is lighter and it works well enough on a cart. The Jones has more style and the Jones straps are way better due to the thicker padding. I just wish the Jones bag was a little roomier inside.

IMG_20180118_130425.jpg

IMG_20180118_130454.jpg

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

• 1 month later...

Took mine for a walk yesterday.... first time I tried to walk it, my back was in bad shape after only a few holes... yesterday, totally fine and shot 75. Without trying to sound like a tool, it really was a different kind of round walking with that setup... really enjoyed it. Almost gave up on it but has now become my gamer bag.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Pulling the trigger on a Greyson, I love the pattern.... anyone willing to give suggestions on which Seamus headcovers you think would look best or does this deserve its own topic? I am a huge fan of Houndstooth patterns FWIW

EDIT: Kinda like the idea of the Herringbone on Herringbone look, but may not provide enough contrast.

Pulling the trigger on a Greyson, I love the pattern.... anyone willing to give suggestions on which Seamus headcovers you think would look best or does this deserve its own topic? I am a huge fan of Houndstooth patterns FWIW

EDIT: Kinda like the idea of the Herringbone on Herringbone look, but may not provide enough contrast.

I like the Hebridean Mist with a darker liner for a subtle contrast for more contrast with a touch more color I like the Doune. Then there is the obvious herringbone or Tweed even the Melton.

I like the Hebridean Mist with a darker liner for a subtle contrast for more contrast with a touch more color I like the Doune. Then there is the obvious herringbone or Tweed even the Melton.

Would you do all 3 the same or mix? I really like the Doune as well.