Jones Bag Users

Either I am a moron and can't find it, or the canvas players series is no longer on the site... I wonder if they're pulling that out of the Black Friday sale

You're not a moron. They pulled the canvas bag from the site. I called after mine disappeared from my cart and they said they had a "big order that suddenly came in today" ....okey-dokey..too expensive to discount I would surmise...

Was about to grab a canvas players bag too, the only thing that I wanted from this sale ( I already own three Jones bags). I will be very annoyed when they show up on the site again the day after the sale finishes..

J

Yamaha W-602
'58 MT PT1 2W
'55 Tommy Armour 945's
Tad Moore "47 Rookie", a TM6? or maybe an 8802 today....

Either I am a moron and can't find it, or the canvas players series is no longer on the site... I wonder if they're pulling that out of the Black Friday sale

You're not a moron. They pulled the canvas bag from the site. I called after mine disappeared from my cart and they said they had a "big order that suddenly came in today" ....okey-dokey..too expensive to discount I would surmise...

Was about to grab a canvas players bag too, the only thing that I wanted from this sale ( I already own three Jones bags). I will be very annoyed when they show up on the site again the day after the sale finishes..

J

Someone at Jones Bags must be following this thread...

J

Someone at Jones Bags must be following this thread...

The Greyson stand bag is also gone so it looks like they pulled that one as well. I'm happy to get the utility stand bag at 40% off but I find their standard shipping cost to be somewhat over the top. I'm not expecting free shipping but something around $10 for a 5 lb bag would be more reasonable.

Their Black Friday sale is too good not to take advantage of. I was trying to hold out to see what their 2018 release looks like in case they came out with a bag that had a slightly larger opening but I just put in an order for a utility stand bag. Excited to get it and start using it!

Their Black Friday sale is too good not to take advantage of. I was trying to hold out to see what their 2018 release looks like in case they came out with a bag that had a slightly larger opening but I just put in an order for a utility stand bag. Excited to get it and start using it!

I agree, they make great bags. As “shoppers” we do want the best deals on what we like. That said, can’t blame a company for not wanting to give away the farm on limited production items as the Greyson or Canvas Players Series (love my Greyson too). I just really wanted it to play over the rainy holidays in OR with the Canvas bag...so I will most likely pick up a #1 or #2...

I've been wanting the utility bag from Jones for awhile now wanting a more old school / traditionalist bag. The 40% off was too good of a deal to pass up. $119 for a Utility bag a price I couldn't pass up. Look forward to putting this bag in play.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

I've been wanting the utility bag from Jones for awhile now wanting a more old school / traditionalist bag. The 40% off was too good of a deal to pass up. $119 for a Utility bag a price I couldn't pass up. Look forward to putting this bag in play.

I played with my utility bag today (thanksgiving tradition) for the first time in awhile - it is really a great bag - you'll be very happy with your purchase

Is anyone using the Stripeshow or Bomber? Why would i get a players series over those vinyl models?

I was in their show room last week picking up my Players Series bag. I messed around with the bomber and original versus the player series. Probably the only reason I went with the bag (with the spine) is because I had a Mackenzie in the past, I thought I needed a spine. I think with two dividers in the bomber (or original) the clubs hold up the bag pretty good and the only reason I see for a spine is the one divider in the players series may cause bag to sag more than I like (if the spine was absent in PS). I feel I would have been just as happy with a Bomber....IMHO

Is anyone using the Stripeshow or Bomber? Why would i get a players series over those vinyl models?

I was in their show room last week picking up my Players Series bag. I messed around with the bomber and original versus the player series. Probably the only reason I went with the bag (with the spine) is because I had a Mackenzie in the past, I thought I needed a spine. I think with two dividers in the bomber (or original) the clubs hold up the bag pretty good and the only reason I see for a spine is the one divider in the players series may cause bag to sag more than I like (if the spine was absent in PS). I feel I would have been just as happy with a Bomber....IMHO

I have the Player's model and I too like the original model better. Like the full length pocket and 2 dividers on the original better. I did pull the spline on my Player's - it resisted room in the top pocket.

Handicap:  3

I finally caved a bought the tobacco brown utility bag.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

I ordered a Grayson and an blue utility when they announced the Black Friday discount and I received them yesterday (2 days later, 1 of those days being Thanksgiving). I played a quick 9 yesterday with the Greyson and here are my thoughts...

Best looking bag I’ve ever had. The cart girls were going nuts. Free drinks all day and 1 of the cart girls gave me her number without me even asking for it. When I got home my fiancé saw me walking in with the bag and the first words out of her mouth were “wow, that bag is so sexy!!”. We made passionate love and afterwards she cooked dinner.

Some have said the only thing holding them back from buying this bag was the “Greyson” logo. I too had doubts about it but I can say it is *very* subtle. It’s even on the opposite side when you’re carrying the bag so you can’t even tell it’s there.

I carried 14 clubs (all with regular grips except the putter which has a fatso) and if you try to reintroduce a club while the bag is standing, you will have a bit of trouble with the irons and wedges. But I found that if you put the club back in halfway through and then pick up the bag, the clubs will all go to the bottom of the bag nicely. I’m not sure if it’s because of the angle of the clubs when the bag is standing that makes it hard but after figuring out this trick, I have zero complaints about this bag.

Plenty of pockets. Still figuring out where I’m going to put everything.

I was carrying a sun mountain 4.5 and this feels lighter even though they’re probably the same weight. The straps are comparable. I think I like the Jones’ one better. Both very comfortable.

Seamus covers go hand-in-hand with these bags. I felt like a pimp yesterday at the course.

I also bought a pacific blue utility which I’ll use during warmer weather. The Grayson just looks like an autumn/winter bag and the weather-proof feature makes it ideal for wet weather. I will use the blue for the warm days.

hskooXd.jpg

Qn6YOsr.jpg

n3LYdPs.jpg

I ordered a Grayson and an blue utility when they announced the Black Friday discount and I received them yesterday (2 days later, 1 of those days being Thanksgiving). I played a quick 9 yesterday with the Greyson and here are my thoughts...

Best looking bag I’ve ever had. The cart girls were going nuts. Free drinks all day and 1 of the cart girls gave me her number without me even asking for it. When I got home my fiancé saw me walking in with the bag and the first words out of her mouth were “wow, that bag is so sexy!!”. We made passionate love and afterwards she cooked dinner.

Some have said the only thing holding them back from buying this bag was the “Greyson” logo. I too had doubts about it but I can say it is *very* subtle. It’s even on the opposite side when you’re carrying the bag so you can’t even tell it’s there.

I carried 14 clubs (all with regular grips except the putter which has a fatso) and if you try to reintroduce a club while the bag is standing, you will have a bit of trouble with the irons and wedges. But I found that if you put the club back in halfway through and then pick up the bag, the clubs will all go to the bottom of the bag nicely. I’m not sure if it’s because of the angle of the clubs when the bag is standing that makes it hard but after figuring out this trick, I have zero complaints about this bag.

Plenty of pockets. Still figuring out where I’m going to put everything.

I was carrying a sun mountain 4.5 and this feels lighter even though they’re probably the same weight. The straps are comparable. I think I like the Jones’ one better. Both very comfortable.

Seamus covers go hand-in-hand with these bags. I felt like a pimp yesterday at the course.

I also bought a pacific blue utility which I’ll use during warmer weather. The Grayson just looks like an autumn/winter bag and the weather-proof feature makes it ideal for wet weather. I will use the blue for the warm days.

hskooXd.jpg

Qn6YOsr.jpg

n3LYdPs.jpg

Good stuff! Nice bag and covers!

I, too, had to take advantage of the BF sale at Jones... too good to pass up. Ordered a Jones Original carry bag in red... I never carry anymore, that's my only problem. Maybe I will now. $101 shipped was just too good of a deal I thought. Should be here next week... Great looking stuff you all have here, makes me feel much better overall about the purchase.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Ordered a Jones Original carry bag in red... I never carry anymore, that's my only problem. Maybe I will now.

That's the best part - golf is so much better when you throw the bag on your shoulder (or push cart) and walk to your ball!

Couldn’t agree more! Feels like Golf should be...

2017112918071086-IMG_1954-X5.jpg

Ordered a Jones Original carry bag in red... I never carry anymore, that's my only problem. Maybe I will now.

That's the best part - golf is so much better when you throw the bag on your shoulder (or push cart) and walk to your ball!

I use a clicgear almost every round, but I don't think it will be quite the same with the Jones on the clicgear...LOL May have to actually carry it a few times... Can't wait to get it!

Steelhead, that is a pretty looking picture.... I'd frame that one! haha

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I use a clicgear almost every round, but I don't think it will be quite the same with the Jones on the clicgear...LOL May have to actually carry it a few times... Can't wait to get it!

Steelhead, that is a pretty looking picture.... I'd frame that one! haha

Amazing day yesterday! Carrying was one of the highlights...

Couldn't agree more! Feels like Golf should be...

That's Langdon Farms, isn't it? Great walking course. Looks like a good time.

Couldn't agree more! Feels like Golf should be...

That's Langdon Farms, isn't it? Great walking course. Looks like a good time.

Yup! That’s Langdon Farms and it was a perfect day!