Jones Bag Users

Does the Jones Rider bag fit well on a Speedcart or Clicgear? I walk w trolley and like the extra room- use a C130 now.

On the Rider bag, it looks like pocket placement may make it difficult to use on a pushcart oriented other than cockeyed.

Anyone have real world experience w a Rider on a pushcart?

• Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5; Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 S; 45.5”
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70 S; 43.25” & 42.25”
  • Mizuno '21 CLK 19, 22 & 25; Fujikura Speeder EVO 75 HB Graphite S; Std L/L/L; sub for 5w, 4i & 5i
  • PXG 0311 P GEN3 PW-4i; Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ; Std L/+0.75"/2 up
  • Vokey SM9 50F8 & 54S10 and SM8 58M8; Mitsubishi MMT 105 S in 50 & KBS 610 Wedge R+ in 54 & 58; Std L/+0.75"/1 up
  • Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter; 35/74; stock Odyssey grip
  • JumboMax JMX UltraLite small on all clubs except putter

Does the Jones Rider bag fit well on a Speedcart or Clicgear? I walk w trolley and like the extra room- use a C130 now.

On the Rider bag, it looks like pocket placement may make it difficult to use on a pushcart oriented other than cockeyed.

Anyone have real world experience w a Rider on a pushcart?

I've used my Rider with my Clicgear 8.0. Fits well but the bottom of the bag does get a little squashed up against the cart. I've actually put the bag on with both pockets on the sides. No pocket obstruction and the clubs fit pretty well.

Do you guys use the Jones as your main bag? Every time I think I love the idea of a Sunday bag, I miss the legs after a round or two

I do use it as my main bag. I only miss legs on really wet days. The pros far outweigh the cons with this bag IMO. I don't consider my player bag a Sunday bag. I've got a Titleist Sunday bag and it is very different...

Do you guys use the Jones as your main bag? Every time I think I love the idea of a Sunday bag, I miss the legs after a round or two

I do use it as my main bag. I only miss legs on really wet days. The pros far outweigh the cons with this bag IMO. I don't consider my player bag a Sunday bag. I've got a Titleist Sunday bag and it is very different...

Fair enough! Just curious!

I have to say it's a great sale, but their time to ship is sloooowww!

I agree. I ordered on the 25th and I still don't have any sort of shipping confirmation

I followed up with them directly as I hadn't heard back from them originally. Their response was that they had a record breaking Black Friday and are working tirelessly to get every order out as quickly as possible. Got my full white "original stripeshow" (all vinyl - no canvas) model.... looks great! Also got a shoe bag and a shag bag. Didn't need any of it but why not. Haven't had a chance to use any of them yet. Long time Jones bag user from the 80's and early 90's.

My dad built our family sets of wooden stands back in the day. Jones now sells similar models (under accessories -- tressel sticks. He used 2 pieces of moulding, a piece of string and some sort of center screw/nut combo for about a buck a piece (Jones sells for $40 - leather instead of string). I'm going to try my hand at making one myself. Just slide it in your bag and pull it out if you need to keep the bag off the wet grass. Was great back in the day and is super light.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my Utility Series bag for about a month now. I have walked 18 with it and have used it to know the pros and cons. First off, the looks are awesome. I love how unique it is and I know it definitely gets some looks by people wondering what bag it is. The strap system at first was a little annoying. However, the main strap is the most padded and comfortable strap on a golf bag I have ever used. Also, after walking 18, the dual strap system becomes a breeze to use and now I love it more than ever. I love the magnetic flap pocket, perfect for my range finder. It allows quick and easy access. The only con I have with the bag is that the clubs tend to get stuck and either don't want to come out without pulling other clubs or they don't want to go in all of the way which drives me a little crazy. I have 14 clubs in the bag. Overall, I love the bag and wouldn't think about playing with another one. I think if they just widened the base a little bit, the club issue would be completely resolved. Awesome bag, thanks Jones!

32294569911_104939d507_h.jpgIMG_2615 by Cliff Ferguson, on Flickr

I have had my Utility Series bag for about a month now. I have walked 18 with it and have used it to know the pros and cons. First off, the looks are awesome. I love how unique it is and I know it definitely gets some looks by people wondering what bag it is. The strap system at first was a little annoying. However, the main strap is the most padded and comfortable strap on a golf bag I have ever used. Also, after walking 18, the dual strap system becomes a breeze to use and now I love it more than ever. I love the magnetic flap pocket, perfect for my range finder. It allows quick and easy access. The only con I have with the bag is that the clubs tend to get stuck and either don't want to come out without pulling other clubs or they don't want to go in all of the way which drives me a little crazy. I have 14 clubs in the bag. Overall, I love the bag and wouldn't think about playing with another one. I think if they just widened the base a little bit, the club issue would be completely resolved. Awesome bag, thanks Jones!

Love the Hudson's Bay head cover.

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

just got one.. so far love it..cant wait to get it on the course this yr

I'm really liking that kind of set up... I've been looking at picking up a vintage golf bag but I'm spoiled with modern functionalities.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

I'm really liking that kind of set up... I've been looking at picking up a vintage golf bag but I'm spoiled with modern functionalities.

Just my opinion of course, but I went from a Jones Utility to the '17 Ping 4 series and should've never bought the Jones. As much as I like the style and lack of branding, it's clearly inferior from a design and "modern functionalities" perspective. For starters, the water bottle pocket sits on top of the ball pocket. So with a water bottle in, it's very hard to get a ball out. I also missed not having the molded plastic handle on the top cuff. When setting the bag down, I go from vertical to using the legs by lowering the bag with the handle. With the Jones I was grabbing the little O-ring that the strap attaches to. Didn't like that. Jones also doesn't have a lower back pad and you'll actually feel the shafts in your lower back when walking. Lastly, I didn't like the strap system on the utility. They just took their single strap and added a smaller secondary strap. I didn't like the two sizes for the straps. Plus, when carrying double, the straps need to have some build in curve to them...hard to really describe, but if a . is the middle of your back, the better strap systems are shaped like this: ( . ) and not \ . /. Hope that makes sense...

So yeah, for me, there were just too many flaws in the Jones that the Ping does perfectly for me to ignore. As much as I love the Jones style, the reality is if I'm going to be outside for 4 hours walking several miles with several pounds strapped to my back, I want to do that in the most comfortable way possible.

I have the following Jones Bags:

Masters Edition Original--love the bag, just haven't used it much

Navy Blue Rider--was great on a cart (now used as a display bag in my office)

Player's Series #002--awesome "Sunday" bag

Utility Slate Grey

Currently using the Utility and I think it may be my favorite bag I have owned. It is super light (I have 14 in there) and impeccably balanced. The straps have been great as I like to go single strap at times. More than ample storage, and simple the best lookng stand bag out there.

Utility Slate Grey

Currently using the Utility and I think it may be my favorite bag I have owned. It is super light (I have 14 in there) and impeccably balanced. The straps have been great as I like to go single strap at times. More than ample storage, and simple the best lookng stand bag out there.

How many clubs are you carrying and do you have trouble getting them in and out?

Utility Slate Grey

How many clubs are you carrying and do you have trouble getting them in and out?

I carry 14 clubs and I do not have trouble getting them in and out

I thought it would be fair to update. I recently purchased a Utility stand bag... To be fair I still think the bag looks better than most others on the market. It is well made, shoulders are plush, and the legs are stable and retract well. After four or 5 rounds walking, and probably a dozen trips to the range I have gotten rid of the bag for the following reasons: It is a tight fit for 13 midsize grips and a thicker putter grip, there is absolutely no padding on the back, it sits at a weird angle to pull clubs, and the pockets are "tight" if that makes sense (you can unzip it but getting things like a rain coat in and out are difficult).

I like the bag I really do, but in all fairness this isn't their flagship model and it isn't carried how they design the rest of their bags to be carried. I feel like they will still grab a portion of market share that walks some, rides some, and occasionally uses a push cart. The Jones Utility Stand bag is stunning but I have now moved on to last years 4 Series Tour (all white) from Ping and am much happier with the layout of the bag and performance when carried. We will see how long it takes the legs to dangle and rub the back of my legs whilst walking. I don't think the Jones stand bag is a total bust but if you are at all interested, give it a shot, worst thing that happens is you put it on the BST for $140 and it will get snatched up within an hour as mine was.

TSR3 10*(D1H1) - Tensie 1k White 60x

909D3 13* - Graffaloy Prolaunch Platinum 70x

Titleist T200 ('21) 3 - Mitsubishi MMT 105TX

Titleist T100 ('21) 4 & 5 - Project X 6.5

Titleist 630MB 6 - P - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 - Project X 6.5

Circa 62 #3 Oil Can 35"

I picked up a green Original about a year back, absolutely loved it. More recently I purchased the white Players bag and the green original hasn't been out since....

FWIW i carry a full (vintage set) and use this bag full time. If it's wet the score card and tobacco go in a plastic bag, that's about the extent of my wet weather carry!

I own a 14 divider fully waterproof stand bag and hate the damn thing!

J

Yamaha W-602
'58 MT PT1 2W
'55 Tommy Armour 945's
Tad Moore "47 Rookie", a TM6? or maybe an 8802 today....

Just my opinion of course, but I went from a Jones Utility to the '17 Ping 4 series and should've never bought the Jones.

For starters, the water bottle pocket sits on top of the ball pocket. So with a water bottle in, it's very hard to get a ball out.

You've got me wondering which pockets everyone with Utility bags use for various items. The complaint about that pocket is valid, but that's why I immediately chose a different pocket for balls. I might put a spare sleeve in there, but all my loose balls are in the bottom pocket below the handle.

Just my opinion of course, but I went from a Jones Utility to the '17 Ping 4 series and should've never bought the Jones.

For starters, the water bottle pocket sits on top of the ball pocket. So with a water bottle in, it's very hard to get a ball out.

You've got me wondering which pockets everyone with Utility bags use for various items. The complaint about that pocket is valid, but that's why I immediately chose a different pocket for balls. I might put a spare sleeve in there, but all my loose balls are in the bottom pocket below the handle.

And I'm sure that works...it's just I've used the side pocket for golf balls for as long as I've been golfing...just a creature of habit. In all my other bags, that's the most accessible pocket to get to while walking in case you need to get a ball to drop, change balls while walking in between holes, etc.

I dont carry a lot of stuff with my when I'm walking so the pocket issue isnt too big of a deal for me. I put my balls/a few tees in the bottom pocket on the back of the bag. Range finder goes in the magnetic pocket just below the straps. I dont put anything in the pocket next to the bottle holder. Valuables go in their dedicated pocket and divot repair tools and ball markers go in the diagonal pocket above that. The apparel pocket usually is empty.

I havent noticed the back padding being an issue. I have only played in colder conditions so I am pretty bundled up but that issue hasnt been a problem for me. I know the bag can be improved, but I still think its a great bag and you wouldn't be disappointed with your purchase.

I have only carried my players bag one time so far but I liked it a lot. The strap is very comfortable and the bag is balanced well vs my two strap carry bag. I only carry 12 clubs at the most, so I did not experience at size issues with the bag. My one complaint would be the metal Jones logo tag on the bag. Depending on how you carry, you can feel it on your back at times.

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

• 1 month later...

Had mine out for the first round of the year and loved it. Need some JuJu covers to complete the retro look.

af0cbf75ede45af4adb987e435e89298.jpg

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

NEWSFLASH!...

All Jones Rider Bags are currently ON SALE for just $215.96, (20% discount). The deal included all the available colors too! (Black, Red, Maroon, Navy, Gray, Slate, Solid Black Vinyl etc). This is their very best bag and and it normally sells for $269.95. A great deal from jonesgolfbags.com!.

Don't know how long this sale will last, so you may want to act quickly if you are in need of a great golf bag.I already own (2) of these Rider Bags myself, (a Black one and a Red one), and really love both of them!

By the way, you will find matching leather headcovers for these bags at stitchgolf.com.

See the Red Jones Rider Bag with matching Stitch Headcovers in the pics below!

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at getting the utility bag, any longer term gripes with this one?

Taylormade M1 440, Fujikura Atmos TS Black 70 TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade M2 Tour T3 12*, Atmos TS Black 80TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade P7-TW 3-PW, DG TI X100
Vokey SM7 56.14F / 60.12D, DG S400
Byron Morgan 615