Jones Bag Users

I sold my Jones Original and will grab a Jones stand bag when the sales come around. Such good looking bags!

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

• 2 weeks later...

Today was a good post day! Love it,came across on it on eBay here in the uk all be it I'll have to wait until the summer to use it on the course

I got an identical black and white bag. Jones had a grab bag ($60) sale earlier this year. There's a thread about the sale somewhere on this Golfwrx site. Some guys got logoed and personalized items. I was very lucky to get mine; I saw no flaws whatsoever.

Been using my bag heavily since I got it. Absolutely no wear whatsoever. Fantastic bag!

Enjoy your bag.

In the UK and just picked up a Player's #4 (tobacco brown canvas) and it's an absolute beauty. I've done one round with it in the horrible, rainy, British November weather and really happy with how it held up. Sure - got a bit muddy from laying it on the ground but nothing a wipe down at home can't fix. I'm gonna use a DWR treatment on it and use it year-round, I've no worries about it not being up for the task.

Overall, I'm really really pleased with it, and have had zero issues with club tangle (and I take all 14 clubs in it) - I think as long as you don't mind not having your clubs perfectly organised during the round, there's no problem at all having 14 clubs in there.

In the UK and just picked up a Player's #4 (tobacco brown canvas) and it's an absolute beauty. I've done one round with it in the horrible, rainy, British November weather and really happy with how it held up. Sure - got a bit muddy from laying it on the ground but nothing a wipe down at home can't fix. I'm gonna use a DWR treatment on it and use it year-round, I've no worries about it not being up for the task.

Overall, I'm really really pleased with it, and have had zero issues with club tangle (and I take all 14 clubs in it) - I think as long as you don't mind not having your clubs perfectly organised during the round, there's no problem at all having 14 clubs in there.

Post a pic or it's not true! :derisive:

JK I am thinking getting the same bag...

After eyeing a Jones bag for a few years now, I finally bought one this week - a utility stand. Today was my first full round walking with it and my first round carrying a bag (push cart previously) in years.

These bags look sharp, stand out from the rest, and are extremely well made. Plenty of pockets, but subtlety distributed throughout the real estate given. I stored 14 clubs, a big a** Bushnell, an eyeline putting aid, 4 gloves, a dozen balls, a phone, a wallet, keys, etc. Seemed like a light tote for all 18 and I’m in my late 30s and *incredibly* out of shape. Drink holder is in the perfect place on the bag and the shoulder pads are really comfortable. Felt great to connect with the course in such a way again and shot a decent score in a 20mph wind as a cherry on top.

The Jones staff was courteous and professional as I needled them with questions about the bag before buying. I even had a customer service request after I received the bag in which they went above and beyond. What a great experience all around. If you’re on the fence and looking to walk more, or more traditionally (like I was), get one.

Here's mine - removed the spine to have more room in top pocket.

Handicap:  3

Really liking this one...if there is a coupon I may pick one up. Can you explain more on removing the spine -- pros, cons? Is it easy to do? Club tangle with it removed? Does it carry different? How does it give more room in the top pocket (which pocket are you talking about, exactly)? Thanks, JT

Really liking this one...if there is a coupon I may pick one up. Can you explain more on removing the spine -- pros, cons? Is it easy to do? Club tangle with it removed? Does it carry different? How does it give more room in the top pocket (which pocket are you talking about, exactly)? Thanks, JT

Coming from a Jones original, I prefer the unstructured look. The spline was easy to remove and I can put it back in too - removing it made the top pocket (pocket with white vinyl) more roomy. Haven't notice any difference as far as club tangling with or with it out.

Handicap:  3

After eyeing a Jones bag for a few years now, I finally bought one this week - a utility stand. Today was my first full round walking with it and my first round carrying a bag (push cart previously) in years.

These bags look sharp, stand out from the rest, and are extremely well made. Plenty of pockets, but subtlety distributed throughout the real estate given. I stored 14 clubs, a big a** Bushnell, an eyeline putting aid, 4 gloves, a dozen balls, a phone, a wallet, keys, etc. Seemed like a light tote for all 18 and I’m in my late 30s and *incredibly* out of shape. Drink holder is in the perfect place on the bag and the shoulder pads are really comfortable. Felt great to connect with the course in such a way again and shot a decent score in a 20mph wind as a cherry on top.

The Jones staff was courteous and professional as I needled them with questions about the bag before buying. I even had a customer service request after I received the bag in which they went above and beyond. What a great experience all around. If you’re on the fence and looking to walk more, or more traditionally (like I was), get one.

I am looking to buy a utility stand as well and was wondering if you can tell me about the 3 way divider top. Do clubs get stuck in it? Do multiple clubs come out when you are taking a club out? Any insight will be great. thanks

Per Golf Digest:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/black-friday-golf-style

“Jones Golf Bags: This company, which has been building single-strap bags since 1971, offers everything from throwback-style golf bags and weekenders to snap-back caps and shag-bag coolers. Starting on November 24 and ending on November 26 (at midnight), Jones will offer 40 percent off all products site-wide.”

I can see the canvas players series in my future....

Hah - I'll get something up here soon

40% off the whole site right now with BF40

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Decided to go with a Jones Classic Stand Bag in Dark Green. Hopefully Stitch and Sunfish have a sale soon to get some matching headcovers!

I don't think Stitch has sales anymore with their new business plan - maybe they will for the holidays. Sunfish does all the time though.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Either I am a moron and can't find it, or the canvas players series is no longer on the site... I wonder if they're pulling that out of the Black Friday sale

You’re not a moron. They pulled the canvas bag from the site. I called after mine disappeared from my cart and they said they had a “big order that suddenly came in today” ....okey-dokey..too expensive to discount I would surmise...

Either I am a moron and can't find it, or the canvas players series is no longer on the site... I wonder if they're pulling that out of the Black Friday sale

You're not a moron. They pulled the canvas bag from the site. I called after mine disappeared from my cart and they said they had a "big order that suddenly came in today" ....okey-dokey ;-).

Hmmmm....had one in my cart earlier today ready to pull the trigger, but waited (came out to 175 shipped). Guess I should have pulled. Oh well....I bet they only had a few and aren't going to make new ones at the discounted black friday deal....current stock only probably. Nantucket red canvas original still there. The white and black players looks pretty good too.