Nike 2016

Mattpgolf15

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which shoe is that?? look like a strap across the top.

Almost looks like a Nike strap to cover up the actual shoe so no one can see it yet.

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Funny, I ordered my B2 with free shipping, as it's coming from TN it will be here tomorrow. I'll probably roll a retail Origin first before deciding whether or not to keep the Rory. I pretty satisfied with my MannKrafted.

same here, I'm rollin mine first thing

I could not believe mine showed up this morning, It said 1 - 2 weeks, I knew that it wouldn't be 2 weeks to ship, but I figured at least a week, I really didn't expect to get it before 04/22

I wonder if TW bags the Origin when he tees it up next?

Highly, highly doubt he does.

When I talked to some of the Nike guys at the Bay Club event they said Tiger demoed the Origin when it first started to get made and he loved it.

DRIVER: Titleist TSi3 9° • Tensei AV RAW White
3 WOOD: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 15° • Aldila Rogue White
5 WOOD: Callaway Epic Speed 18° • HZRDUS Smoke Green
UTILITY: Srixon ZX 23° 4 iron • Recoil 95 F4
IRONS: Srixon ZX7 5-PW • Nippon Modus 120
WEDGES: Titleist SM8 50°F / 54°S / 58°M
PUTTER: Odyssey OG Bird 7 OR Scotty Special Select Newport 2 OR Nike Method 001

When I talked to some of the Nike guys at the Bay Club event they said Tiger demoed the Origin when it first started to get made and he loved it.

I'm pretty sure he will switch. He retested it right before his surgery and the results were very positive. His input went into the re design of the putter.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

It's possible but if it happens, he must've felt like a change needed to be made.

They look weird. Like straps going across them.

Remember the old TW Monk Strap shoes? They had a strap and a buckle.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

It's possible but if it happens, he must've felt like a change needed to be made.

I'm sure he would be one of the first to admit his putting has been shakey lately.

DRIVER: Titleist TSi3 9° • Tensei AV RAW White
3 WOOD: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 15° • Aldila Rogue White
5 WOOD: Callaway Epic Speed 18° • HZRDUS Smoke Green
UTILITY: Srixon ZX 23° 4 iron • Recoil 95 F4
IRONS: Srixon ZX7 5-PW • Nippon Modus 120
WEDGES: Titleist SM8 50°F / 54°S / 58°M
PUTTER: Odyssey OG Bird 7 OR Scotty Special Select Newport 2 OR Nike Method 001

Via Jonathan wall, tiger is wearing a prototype shoe. Probably tw16. Never bought the idea here that other shoes were supposed to be it

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Yep was thinking same thing man I couldn't just remember the name of them. Was driving me crazy. Thanks for clearing my mind!!

Callaway AI Smoke Max 9* w/Ventus Blue Velocore<br />Callaway AI Smoke Max 3 Wood w/Ventus Blue Velocore<br />Callaway AI Smoke Max 5 Wood w/Ventus Blue Velocore<br />Artisan Prototype Irons 4-PW w/KBS Tour FLT 120 (1 of 1) <br />Artisan "MT" 50*<br />Artisan "MT" 56* w/TW 54* Sole<br />Artisan "MT" 60*<br />Artisan TX Proto Putter<br />TM TP5X

I'm pretty sure he will switch. He retested it right before his surgery and the results were very positive. His input went into the re design of the putter.

It will be interesting to watch and see if he does. Hopefully he will be back sooner before later..

Hey everyone,

I honestly wasn't sure where to post this (or if I should for that matter) but it just felt like in here made the most sense since It's filled with Nike fans.

Those of you that I've had the pleasure of getting to know might be aware of my search for some MMProtos, and while I'll always keep an eye out, sadly it just hasn't happened yet. I decided to modify my Vapor Pros so that they could at least resemble the Protos as far as design (Check out my WITB for how they look). I gamed em, loved em, but decided I wanted to move away from a traditional blade for my entire set.

I posted them on eBay and BST and my goodness was it frustrating. The amount of "Hey I'll take them, send me payment info" followed by silence was maddening. Finally one user reached out (I won't name them unless they let me know it's ok to) and had some questions about the irons. He was candid about not necessarily needing them, but loving the design and we started talking price and potential trade possibilities. This user games the Protos! My goodness, how jealous was I. As we discussed options, I threw out I'd always be up to trade out for a Proto Iron plus some extra cash, which honestly I didn't really expect him to go for. Low and behold, he said he would be open to doing the 3 iron plus some cash, which is actually what I was hoping for.

Well.. as it worked out, he didn't end of buying the clubs, but was great about communication and his current situation. I can't blame him, not like he really needed them.

So here is why I wanted to share this...

After a weekend where I hadn't checked GolfWRX, I log in Monday morning to a message from him saying that even if he couldn't buy them, he'd still like to ship me the 3 iron since he doesn't use it and he saw how excited I was about it. He's freaking offering to send me a 3 iron MMPRoto iron and he didn't even want me to pay for shipping.

I wanted to share this because I hope everyone gets a chance to read and see just how tremendous this place can be. I told my fiance about it when it happened and she immediately rebuffed with, "no one on the internet is just going to send you a club.. don't be dumb." That's how we are conditioned, why would some stranger do something nice for me? He knows my username on GolfWRX, practically nothing else.

Well, it's because the game of golf, and GolfWRX, for the most part is represented by wonderful people. The club arrived today.. What an amazing Thursday it's been.

Hey everyone,

I honestly wasn't sure where to post this (or if I should for that matter) but it just felt like in here made the most sense since It's filled with Nike fans.

Those of you that I've had the pleasure of getting to know might be aware of my search for some MMProtos, and while I'll always keep an eye out, sadly it just hasn't happened yet. I decided to modify my Vapor Pros so that they could at least resemble the Protos as far as design (Check out my WITB for how they look). I gamed em, loved em, but decided I wanted to move away from a traditional blade for my entire set.

I posted them on eBay and BST and my goodness was it frustrating. The amount of "Hey I'll take them, send me payment info" followed by silence was maddening. Finally one user reached out (I won't name them unless they let me know it's ok to) and had some questions about the irons. He was candid about not necessarily needing them, but loving the design and we started talking price and potential trade possibilities. This user games the Protos! My goodness, how jealous was I. As we discussed options, I threw out I'd always be up to trade out for a Proto Iron plus some extra cash, which honestly I didn't really expect him to go for. Low and behold, he said he would be open to doing the 3 iron plus some cash, which is actually what I was hoping for.

Well.. as it worked out, he didn't end of buying the clubs, but was great about communication and his current situation. I can't blame him, not like he really needed them.

After a weekend where I hadn't checked GolfWRX, I log in Monday morning to a message from him saying that even if he couldn't buy them, he'd still like to ship me the 3 iron since he doesn't use it and he saw how excited I was about it. He's freaking offering to send me a 3 iron MMPRoto iron and he didn't even want me to pay for shipping.

I wanted to share this because I hope everyone gets a chance to read and see just how tremendous this place can be. I told my fiance about it when it happened and she immediately rebuffed with, "no one on the internet is just going to send you a club.. don't be dumb." That's how we are conditioned, why would some stranger do something nice for me? He knows my username on GolfWRX, practically nothing else.

Well, it's because the game of golf, and GolfWRX, for the most part is represented by wonderful people. The club arrived today.. What an amazing Thursday it's been.

Love seeing stuff like this. Great on him and great for you. Pay it forward if/when the opportunity arises!

Titleist 910 D2 - GD AD DI6
Titleist 917 F2 16.5* - GD AD DI7
Titleist 620 MB 4-P DGS300 
Titleist Vokey SM7 
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0
ProV1x

Hey everyone,

I put that 3 iron display in my house, there's no way I can hit. I tried once when I got the club.

All bad after that. Haha.

But great pickup/story.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Via Jonathan wall, tiger is wearing a prototype shoe. Probably tw16. Never bought the idea here that other shoes were supposed to be it

What is now the FI Premiere was definitely presented to internal Nike Sales folks as the TW16 when they were discussing upcoming products last year. That plan changed and it was launched as the Premiere. So this "strap shoe" may either be a yet unannounced TW16 that is coming or just some prototypes that will never see retail.

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5