2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

The Fuji Pro 60 is the absolute perfect shaft for me. Perfect combination of launch and spin.

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MBBG' timestamp='1446122128' post='12522706']
I also have it and it works well for me. I normally launch the ball quite high but actually with this shaft and the 9.5 M1 it launches mid and with low spin. Strangely enough higher launch shafts in drivers (in same flex as I usually play) seem to go lower for me.
[/quote]
[quote name='jlukes' timestamp='1446125105' post='12522888']
The Fuji Pro 60 is the absolute perfect shaft for me. Perfect combination of launch and spin.
[/quote]

I'm still waiting on the stock Rogue 60s to show up so maybe I'll give it another go with the Fuji Pro 60.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Posted this elsewhere but figured I'd add it here too. Want to add I played in a cold 15 mph wind so the more I think about it I'm positive spin numbers were really good like they are with my gamer LST.

Took a M1 rogue black 95 70x out yesterday, pretty solid driver but I don't know that it will get any serious bag time. Either it's fade biased like I've read here a few times or the sliding weight works pretty well, had it set a few clicks towards fade. It has a similar flight to the LST and coupled with distance I saw I'd say it's similar in the 2k spin range for me. Hit one absolute bomb and a couple iffy ones, it feels and sounds much better than the ping and a lot like the Nike flex muted sound. i didn't like the lack of feedback on where it was hit, I hit one that felt great and I looked up to see I basically topped it. It also developed a rattle on 16 tee that I didn't have time to pinpoint, hope a weight just got a little loose. All in all it seemed really low spin and more forgiving than the sldr which is the last TM I gave serious time to on the course. I like the look, espescially the flat leading edge which looks really good compared to an oval shaped driver, think it frames the ball really well. Had a group with me yesterday but I'll go hit 25 or so with both drivers on empty holes this weekend before making a final decision.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

after a few rounds now with my M1 i'm convinced it's the most solid driver TM has come out with in the last 3-4 years. i didn't get along with the R11s, R1, R15, SLDR or AB mostly b/c the heads just felt dead to me with no real 'feel' off the face. this iteration has made me a renewed believer that OEMs can still get things right with new technology.

far and away the straightest, longest i've played in the last 2 years. i've gamed the G30, G30 LST, Vpro, Vflex, Xr, and so far, this is beating them all...keeping me in the fairway, further down the fairway more often.

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

[quote name='ph00ny' timestamp='1446118261' post='12522552']
[quote name='sea-golfer' timestamp='1446117899' post='12522524']
That shaft isn't for everyone but it was the best fit for me. For those of you that have lower launch and flight, give it a try.
[/quote]
According to Fujikura, it's a mid launch low spin shaft

http://www.fujikuragolf.com/fitting-chart
[/quote]

I did not see the pro 60 in that chart ? According to the article that MBBG provided it is being advertised as a higher launch low spin and with my experience it has made my lower launch a mid launch now definetly giving me extra yards.

M1 10.5 Deg. Fujikura Pro 60
R9 FCT 3 & 5 metal Fujikura Motore
Ping I-20 3-PW KBS Tour S
Ping Glide 52SS & 58SS KBS Tour S
Ping Craz-E too putter Ultra Slim
Super Stroke 1.0

[quote name='sea-golfer' timestamp='1446130410' post='12523328'][quote name='ph00ny' timestamp='1446118261' post='12522552']
[quote name='sea-golfer' timestamp='1446117899' post='12522524']
That shaft isn't for everyone but it was the best fit for me. For those of you that have lower launch and flight, give it a try.
[/quote]
According to Fujikura, it's a mid launch low spin shaft

http://www.fujikuragolf.com/fitting-chart
[/quote]

I did not see the pro 60 in that chart ? According to the article that MBBG provided it is being advertised as a higher launch low spin and with my experience it has made my lower launch a mid launch now definetly giving me extra yards.[/quote]
Definitely a mid/high or high launcher.

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

The article states it gives a higher launch, but that's in comparison to other Pro shafts. It then goes on to state it is a mid launch shaft overall. But compared to the other Pro series shafts, it is a higher launching shaft.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

TMAG does not want to hear about a Made for Shaft in a $499 driver....Fuji made a special Pro Series shaft for TM that would launch higher and fill that gap for their Instant fitting system of offering 3 main different shafts to cover a low launch, a mid launch, and a higher launch.

Both the 60 and 70 gram Pro are much lighter than most would think they are which makes them both launch the ball higher than the Pro 63 and 73 versions. Remember that the Pro 70 is the stock shaft for the Fairway Metals. Add in the fact that this is the only M Flex offered for the M1 says that it's a special shaft for TM. Fuji uses the R2 code for a senior flex so they had to made special graphics for this shaft to say M Flex. Does the Fuji site offer M Flex?

Now a press release about a month after the shaft has been in market....name me the last shaft that Fuji offered a press release after and not months before going to market? Poor marketing if you do it "after" it's gone to market would you not agree?

The 2 sides worked together (TM asking for a few favors after internet scuttlebutt from golf sites questioned the shaft) and now it looks more official. Problem solved.

Does one think that 6 months from now you can walk into a authorized Fuji dealer and get fitted for a Pro 60, or 70 and see a price range right in line with the Pro 63 and 73? Myself, I doubt it.

Personally, if the shaft works for people and their happy with it is all that really matters is it not? Just my 2 cents on the topic of it's a made for or not.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1446135398' post='12523758']
TMAG does not want to hear about a Made for Shaft in a $499 driver....Fuji made a special Pro Series shaft for TM that would launch higher and fill that gap for their Instant fitting system of offering 3 main different shafts to cover a low launch, a mid launch, and a higher launch.

Both the 60 and 70 gram Pro are much lighter than most would think they are which makes them both launch the ball higher than the Pro 63 and 73 versions. Remember that the Pro 70 is the stock shaft for the Fairway Metals. Add in the fact that this is the only M Flex offered for the M1 says that it's a special shaft for TM. Fuji uses the R2 code for a senior flex so they had to made special graphics for this shaft to say M Flex. Does the Fuji site offer M Flex?

Now a press release about a month after the shaft has been in market....name me the last shaft that Fuji offered a press release after and not months before going to market? Poor marketing if you do it "after" it's gone to market would you not agree?

The 2 sides worked together (TM asking for a few favors after internet scuttlebutt from golf sites questioned the shaft) and now it looks more official. Problem solved.

Does one think that 6 months from now you can walk into a authorized Fuji dealer and get fitted for a Pro 60, or 70 and see a price range right in line with the Pro 63 and 73? Myself, I doubt it.

Personally, if the shaft works for people and their happy with it is all that really matters is it not? Just my 2 cents on the topic of it's a made for or not.

[/quote]
Not that it matters, but sounds like made for if there ever was a made for.

Aldila Rogue Silver shafts are actual shafts aren't they? It looked identical to the 3 wood shaft

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

If this club is that great at $500, then I can't wait to grab it at $400 in the spring. I guess I don't understand why anybody living in the north or northeast would buy this club now only to get a couple of rounds before the snow starts falling and courses close for the season. The club is just going to sit in the bag for the next 3-5 months collecting dust.

I'll wait till next season and gamble that TM will drop the price by then.

[quote name='dslatt33' timestamp='1446139242' post='12524164']
If this club is that great at $500, then I can't wait to grab it at $400 in the spring. I guess I don't understand why anybody living in the north or northeast would buy this club now only to get a couple of rounds before the snow starts falling and courses close for the season. The club is just going to sit in the bag for the next 3-5 months collecting dust.

[/quote]

Well for me, i saw the numbers at the fitting session and also getting a $50 discount for going to the fitting session. As for winter time, I can go to the range or go down south.

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[/quote]

Heated ranges,indoor ranges, simulator golf, etc. Have you ever heard of these?

Nike Covert Performance, Tour AD BB

[quote name='practicetee' timestamp='1446140836' post='12524302']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I get your point it's something you could buy & have fun in the off-season with...

But to his point...
... A hundred bucks in savings (or more) all for just continuing to play existing driver for the inside golf off season is great savings.
With Tm reputation for price drops I wouldn't buy a driver I can't use outside (unless a sunshine state) for 6 months... I wouldn't do. Tm is claiming they won't be the same old price dropping machine. I don't buy it.

[quote name='practicetee' timestamp='1446140836' post='12524302']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep nothing more fulfilling then beating range balls with a brand new driver in 30* weather under heat lamps.

You got me there.

To each his own. I used to be the guy to spend full retail price on a driver because I just 'had to have it'. A hundred bucks was easily justifiable. Now that I'm a bit older with more bills and expenses I must say that I would be in the 'wait until Spring' boat and save myself a hundred bucks. It's all just a matter of perspective and how much value you get out of that purchase at that particular moment in time.

[/quote]
$400? I'm waiting on $250.

I don't say this as a TM hater. I say this as a smart consumer.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

[quote name='ckay' timestamp='1446145513' post='12524714']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm waiting for the release of M2 and getting the M1 for $199

[quote name='radtech' timestamp='1446146154' post='12524792']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went back and checked the White version of the SDLR was released in Mar/April 2014. That is 18 months ago and it can now be bought for $179 new.

[/quote]
You are right it is a great club. Got mine on Oct. 7 and here in Chicago Illinois they are predicting 70's next week. I already have 6 rounds in with and at least 10 practice sessions with more to come. Praying for an El Niño winter Lol, if not domes and heated bays.

M1 10.5 Deg. Fujikura Pro 60
R9 FCT 3 & 5 metal Fujikura Motore
Ping I-20 3-PW KBS Tour S
Ping Glide 52SS & 58SS KBS Tour S
Ping Craz-E too putter Ultra Slim
Super Stroke 1.0

[quote name='radtech' timestamp='1446148980' post='12525042']
[quote name='radtech' timestamp='1446146154' post='12524792']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went back and checked the White version of the SDLR was released in Mar/April 2014. That is 18 months ago and it can now be bought for $179 new.
[/quote]Yeah thats insane even for the diehard club HO.
EDIT: there's a brand new in box M1 430 on BST for $380 OBO right now

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats great however will buying it cheaper make you feel better if it produces the same issues that have been shown on this forum? I am not really a TM hater... went and bought R15's with Fujikura TS Speeders as the numbers weren't just any better with the M1's... and couple that with potential problems i decided to stay away.

Driver PXG Black OPS 9 deg with Tensei white 65

4 wood PXG Black OPS 17 deg with Tensei white 75

Titleist T200 utility #3 iron with IZ 95X 

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 s300

Wedges Ping S159 54s and 60s with DG s300 

Odyssey Ai-one Jailbird Cruiser 

Pro V1 

i played yesterday and hit 11/14 fairways -- i only technically missed twice with my driver...the other miss was with a 3w...en route to a 70 (-2)...it's a point and shoot as i've had in a long time.

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

[quote name='cliffhanger' timestamp='1446150476' post='12525182']

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats great however will buying it cheaper make you feel better if it produces the same issues that have been shown on this forum? I am not really a TM hater... went and bought R15's with Fujikura TS Speeders as the numbers weren't just any better with the M1's... and couple that with potential problems i decided to stay away.
[/quote]
Wasn't aware of the issues. Guess I will be staying with my i25 if the crown splitting between the adhesion remains to exist. While the FT Tour was a great club, the same types of issues prevented me from purchasing one.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

[quote name='Cboom12' timestamp='1446236784' post='12530156']
Question about m1... I've heard a few people say that it's setup is very open, I've noticed this too. So the question is has anyone had success through fitting of getting the face closed consistently after initially struggling?
[/quote]

This shouldn't be too hard right since every time you go up in loft face closes

Play time tomorrow. My M1 arrived today. I just got done installing the Fuji Pro 63 shaft. The course should be empty once the Georgia / Florida game starts and will get home in time for the Meechegan game.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Cboom12' timestamp='1446236784' post='12530156']
Question about m1... I've heard a few people say that it's setup is very open, I've noticed this too. So the question is has anyone had success through fitting of getting the face closed consistently after initially struggling?
[/quote]

Swappimg out a 10.5 for a 9.5 so that I could close the face at 10+ degrees worked. This is all new to me, I'm a callaway guy. Their drivers don't have these issues. While I was waiting for my 9.5 to come in, I noticed that putting the
ball further back in my stance basically solved the problem with the 10.5 in the native setting.

Took a demo out and played 18 today, definitely a nice driver very consistent. I peeled a few good ones but it's still just too low spin for me at least with the Fuji Pro. Had to work pretty hard to bring her to life. Granted 47 degrees and damp isn't exactly ideal temps to dial in any dirver...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1