The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1446711161' post='12555538']
Tee time is in 10 hours and I am in a state of golfer's panic. I went to the local store this evening to talk to the guys about the course I'm playing tomorrow (Oak Creek) and decided to hit a few shots. Yesterday, everything was sweet and straight. Tonight, 2 way miss, a "hosel" shot, and my ball striking has left me. I'm heading out to play a great course by all accounts and I have no idea where the ball is going. I officially have a fear of playing tomorrow. Here's hoping that tomorrow morning something changes and I can pull my head, and swing, out of my rear. I'd hate to be rocking the cold weather gear (i.e. plus-fours) and play like a complete tool. There would be nothing more embarrassing than that.

Send along good vibes and someone tell the site that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with it. There's got to be some major virus hanging out as it has taken me 20 minutes to type this out and my computer runs fine on all other sites.
[/quote]

Gaucho,i have the same problem...sticks,stutters..freezes...takes forever to load a page. omits letters In words.....and it is just on this site...nowhere else on the internet. It is the reason that I don't post very often anymore... It simply takes forever to post something.....( and the song fest the last few days has been
fantastic)....so, just so you know you aren't the only one having problems with this site ! lol

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1446633492' post='12550628']
[b][size=3][color=#000000]Mama Told Me It’s a Slump[/color][/size][/b]

[size=3][color=#000000]Find your Pro V’s in the water, wedges and your tees?,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]What’s all these crazy questions they askin’ me?[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]This is the craziest round there could ever be,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Don’t show me my scorecard, I don’t want to see,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Mama told me it’s a slump,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]She said, go out and play and have fun, son[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Go out and play and have fun…[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Open up the bar now,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Let me whine in this here room,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I think that I’ve been chokin’ [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Can you smell my grief and gloom?[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]And that tee ball you been smokin’ [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]‘Bout scared me half to death,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]“Open up your wallet sucker”[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]They’re sayin’ underneath their breath…[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]She said, go out and play and have fun, son[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]My friends drives are a blastin, [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Someone Knocked up 304[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I’m looking at my girlfriend, [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]She’s knocked up even more,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I’ve hit so many bad shots[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I ain’t never hit before[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Don’t ever wanna play like this,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Just don’t wanna play no more,[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Slump's ain't the way to have fun, son[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Slump's ain't the way to have fun...[/color][/size]
[/quote]

that had me singing along with the original.....well done !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

[b][color=#333333] On This Tee- Billy Joel[/color][/b][color=#333333][/color]
[size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]If you search for consistency,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]It really blows your mind,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]You can have the swing you need to drive[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]But if you look for your tee ball,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]You might as well be blind,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]It always seems so hard to find[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]On this tee, It’s such a lonely world,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]Everyone is so unglued,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]On this tee, you’re hardly ever sure,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]Mostly what your swing will do…[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]I can’t always find my ball,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]And they don’t sympathize,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]So I open up another brand new sleeve,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]I just want to hit it on the face[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]And have a real nice lie,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]All I want is some relief..[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]On this tee, It’s such a lonely world,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]Mostly what your swing will do…[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]When I’m deep inside the sand[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]I don’t seem to concerned[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]I won’t ask for nothing but a wedge[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]But when I’m in the fairway,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]If I swing and I don’t turn,[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]I end up in the deep end of the pond[/color][/size]

[size="3"] [/size]
[color="#000000"]Mostly what your swing will do[/color]

[color=#222222]The Tool on the Hill – For you Hammer [/color]

[color=#222222]Day after day[/color]
[color=#222222]Alone on a hill
The man with the toolish grin
Just can’t keep perfectly still

But everyone wants to know him
They can see that he's always Tool’d
And he types his latest answer

Cause he’s Tool’d on the hill
When the sun’s going down
And the eyes in his head
See the ball spinning round

Well on the way
Head in a cloud
The man of a thousand drumbeats
Playing wonderfully loud

But everyone likes to hear him
And the sound that he always makes
And everyone seems to notice

And the eyes in his head
See the ball spinning round[/color]
[size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][color=#222222]
And everyone seems to like him
They can tell that he’s always Tool’d
And he always shows his feelings

And the eyes in his head

Oh, round, after round, after round, after round, after round
He comes and listens to them
He knows that they're also Tool’d[/color]
[color=#222222]They all like him

And the eyes in his head[/color]
[color=#222222]See the ball spinning round[/color]

For those having computer slow-downs and who aren't already doing the following.... give it a try:

Windows Users...

1. Go in the upper right hand of your screen where there's a little house, a star, and a gear. Click on the gear.
2. Fist select "Safety" then select "Delete Browsing History" Inside of that one there are options...Click at least the first 3 or 4.
3. Back to the same Gear.... and click 'Manage Add-ons'. When the Flash-player shows up (usually near the top) click on it and then click the "Disable" button at the bottom.
4. Then go to All Programs. Then find "System Tools" then open and run "Disk Cleanup." With that one select temporary files, thumbnails, recycle bin, window error files, windows dump memory files, and let that one run (takes a few minutes).

About once/week you need to do these four things. And if you haven't done so in a long time... also go to Windows Update (should be under All Programs.... and update that guy,,,,, if its been a while that one will take a long time to run and will end up asking you to shut down the computer and restart it....(which is why I saved this one for last).

Any virus scans are a good thing - just make sure you click on and update the virus program if you haven't been doing that one.

Of all the above - the two that help me keep things working the most is the Disabling of the Shockwave (Adobe in my case) add-on, and the disc cleanups. Once you disable shockwave, many of the posted videos - and several of the ads will not run (unless you go back and ENABLE the shockwave. For me - I'm often enabling it and disabling the moment I see what someone posted. Its a pain in the rear - but keeps things moving here.

Hope this helps at least someone. I fought the same battle for months. The hot air flowing out of my computer was due to the junk getting crammed through (and cookies and such stored) from the videos more than anything.... that and all the ads on wrx.

Those ads that play little videos --- those are the big things that are killing us!!!!

Last little doo-dad. When you get to a page... let is sit for a second before rapidly scrolling. For some reason its often wanting to get your PC ready to scroll through a whole page and if you start flying up and the down the page too fast or rapidly changing pages... it seems to freeze much more often.

And I agree - I have to believe there are little viruses and such rolling around here. I honestly believe it also slows down a thread as we post links and vids in them. If you notice....some threads have 1000+ posts and they truck along...but have very few posted links and videos inside them. The rare few exceptions to that rule are probably threads started by a sponsor (meaning fewer competing ads).

Couple of others - Rad may have more on this one but I believe he likes to disable pretty much all add-ons. For me, its that shockwave doo-dad. That's the one on my PC that seems to make/break how things flow. That and the disc clean ups. Usually hit those two when logging off.

And at the risk of being "that guy", system backups one you get her running cool and smooth again are a good plan.

As to Macs - I dunno. I keep wrx stuff on a separate windows laptop so I have no clue how to go about doing the above on a Mac.

[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1446722149' post='12555682']
Putting, my favorite!

Here are some things I go through when I'm a little off, and just my thoughts (condensed version) of putting in general.

1. Grip tension, I like medium. When I try to make it too lose and relaxed I feel I lack control over the club head.

2. Am I keeping my left wrist quiet through the ball. This one is my biggest technical key, I guess

3. Am I breathing, sometimes when I struggle I'll almost hold my breath while putting.

4 Am I looking too "hard", meaning I like to have what I call "soft eyes" when looking at a putt, it relaxes my mind, instead of over analyzing the putt. I blink slowly, and relax my face and jaw muscles. I'm weird I know LOL

5. Lastly, in my short game, and putting style I really like to focus on swinging the club head WITH rhythm. Feeling the weight of the head and letting that dictate what my actual body does, not the other way around. When I try to make something like putting a technical "put this here and that there" endeavor I'm DOOMED. I've been down that road and it wasn't fun LOL

Also, my style of stroke is more of an "arms stroke" I've tried rocking the shoulders and I'm terrible with both contact, and contact with putting is everything. I try to keep my hands and elbows working together. My shoulders do move, but I can't focus on them and let them drive my stroke. That's just what works for me.

The day I ditched using a sharpie line and getting super precise with distance putts was the day I freed up my stroke and my mind. Obviously the closer you get to the hole the more precise your line has to be. All I know is I always second guess the sharpie line after I've spent time lining it up. And since ditching the sharpie line I've also ditched practice strokes. Unless it's a abnormally long putt, I visualize, pick a spot, align to spot. Look til comfortable then let it roll.

Lastly, when I was last actively playing and practicing I spent half my practice time putting (probably excessive for some). I did the usual stuff, clock drills, 3,6,10 footers and then LOTS of lag putting. I'd play anyone around the practice green, we'd play "par 2's" bet a gatorade or a couple bucks and play 18 holes. If no one was around I still did the "par 2" thing and played 18 or 36holes to end my practice, with my goal always being no 3 putts. For every three putt I had to make 20 3 footers in a row before I left :taunt: That helped my putting tremendously.

Judge, I like that little drill you suggested. I actually do that but I hold the ball in the opposite hand (right hand for you) helps to stop flipping through the ball nicely.
[/quote]

Very good recommendations. The tempo and rhythm thing has been in my head a lot lately. I practice a lot on my living room rug and find that a quick stroke is a push and a slow stroke is a pull. I guess we're subconsiously bottoming the putter at impact and a little early or a little late and the face isn't perfectly square. Like STU mentions I have tried with the putting mirror to make sure my dominant eye is over the ball. I never realized that is more to see the path of the putter than the line.

Also, I try pretty hard not to get all doomsday about my performance. Yesterday was obviously about as bad of a putting day as one can have. Yet, I made some big mistakes like running a few by the hole, but overall I burned the cup or left quite a few just a rotation or two from falling. It's hard to be too critical about a putt that was on a good line and rolled with good speed, but just doesn't fall.

I need to get out and play some other high end golf courses. The course I play is very well designed, but the sand and the greens are my two major complaints. Basically the management knows they are problems, but is unwilling to invest any more money into fixing them until the course generates more revenue. The sand is horrendous and plentiful and costs me an average of three or four shots a round. Some days you look at your card and the difference between a great round and mediocre is that you hit 3 or 4 greenside bunkers. The greens are very inconsistent and bumpy and were designed to have a lot of subtle contours. They try and keep them "fast" for the membership but that almost compounds the problem because your speed needs to be perfect and that's a difficult feat with three or four mixes of grass on each green. Yesterday it was very obvious to me that the greens were all over the place. Some were soggy and soft while others were blooming with poa annua in patches and a bit crusty and grainy. Also, I was talking to one of the grounds crew a few weeks ago and he was saying how he is the only guy out of 4 or 5 that cut the cups that actually even plays golf. The other guys see the pin chart and go out and throw a cup in the ground which could be in a ridiculous location. That can be hard after you've already broken down the pin locations and know you're on one of the six "easier" locations, but then find the cup in the side of a slope. Also, in my quest for GIR's I've been firing to the center and leaving myself some long putts as MC said earlier.

I was surprised that I didn't go into full on panic mode. I just kept lining them up and giving them a chance, but was a bit flippant after my score had ballooned so high. I'm just more motivated than ever to go out there and practice putting and shore up that weakness

Conrad, I see you have a 12* driver. I just changed my 10.5* head out for a 12* and I love it. I got the SF tec because I use to play the K15 and liked it. Anyway, I used it last Saturday, and I couldn't believe how much better I was able to keep tee shots in the fairway. So I expected to lose a tad of yardage, but it seemed like I only lost about 10yds. I am wondering if that may have been because it was 54 degrees outside? I'll sacrifice the yardage for the FIR. I hit 12 out of 13 (pretty much in the middle) fairways (the others of course were par 3's). For me that's pretty good. How long have you had yours, what did you have before, and how do you like 12* on your driver?

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1446701750' post='12555298']
[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1446701316' post='12555284']
Judge I tried it and if felt pretty normal. I'm a classical kind of guy. I think there's style in doing things well without needing an unorthodox style to achieve it, but I'm thinking about going cross-handed. Read an article recently by Spieth before the major wins, and he says plainly go ahead and switch now and quit wasting time. Might be me he was talking to... :)
[/quote]

LOL - I was cross-handed for a good dozen years.. It so happens I eventually switched back but... You'll never hear me vote against it! Go for it.

Tell you one thing I never could get the hang of.... and its probably cause I didn't give it a fair try....the long putter. The few times I gave it a go... it was comical. Missed it everyway imaginable!

But...the Matt Kuchar thing...pinned to the lead forearm.... that one intrigues me. Going to one day give that a go.
[/quote]

That arm lock thing is tricky. It is essential to get a perfect fit. My son in law and my brother got a cheap arm lock and it was awful. My son in law found a shorter Betti Kuchar model that fit him well and he is putting well with it. Those are a little spendy for an experiment. I haven't found anywhere where you can find one fit for you to demo and I would want to try before I buy ;)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='scotee' timestamp='1446742965' post='12556952']
Judge I tried it and if felt pretty normal. I'm a classical kind of guy. I think there's style in doing things well without needing an unorthodox style to achieve it, but I'm thinking about going cross-handed. Read an article recently by Spieth before the major wins, and he says plainly go ahead and switch now and quit wasting time. Might be me he was talking to... :)
[/quote]

LOL - I was cross-handed for a good dozen years.. It so happens I eventually switched back but... You'll never hear me vote against it! Go for it.

Tell you one thing I never could get the hang of.... and its probably cause I didn't give it a fair try....the long putter. The few times I gave it a go... it was comical. Missed it everyway imaginable!

But...the Matt Kuchar thing...pinned to the lead forearm.... that one intrigues me. Going to one day give that a go.
[/quote]

That arm lock thing is tricky. It is essential to get a perfect fit. My son in law and my brother got a cheap arm lock and it was awful. My son in law found a shorter Betti Kuchar model that fit him well and he is putting well with it. Those are a little spendy for an experiment. I haven't found anywhere where you can find one fit for you to demo and I would want to try before I buy ;)
[/quote]

Good call! I have to believe they need to be setup with the right lofts and face-angle since the putter shaft essentially grows straight out of the lead forearm. Interestingly, it hasn't take the tour by storm... but with the anchor ban going into effect Jan 1 - there may be a wave of them coming. Keep hearing there will be many long putter players who will opt to lift the higher hand a smidge off of the chest and just keep using the same putter.

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1446696843' post='12555082']
Matt, for me when its going sideways on the green I swap up my grip for a bit. Usually just mid round to finish it out and usually just a minor change, maybe go to a vardon from reverse overlap, or do a two finger reverse overlap. Sometimes I'll go to cross handed. Just take my mind out of it and I feel like I'm just trying to take make a good stroke and that's it.
[/quote]

I consider myself a good putter and funny enough on days when I'm not doing so hot, I will do this exact thing. It won't be a major change but I will go from my usual left hand low to "normal" golf grip with a split between too and bottom hand. For the same reason you described. It brings me back to my basis of being a feel putter and not over think the stroke I need to make

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1446711161' post='12555538']
Tee time is in 10 hours and I am in a state of golfer's panic. I went to the local store this evening to talk to the guys about the course I'm playing tomorrow (Oak Creek) and decided to hit a few shots. Yesterday, everything was sweet and straight. Tonight, 2 way miss, a "hosel" shot, and my ball striking has left me. I'm heading out to play a great course by all accounts and I have no idea where the ball is going. I officially have a fear of playing tomorrow. Here's hoping that tomorrow morning something changes and I can pull my head, and swing, out of my rear. I'd hate to be rocking the cold weather gear (i.e. plus-fours) and play like a complete tool. There would be nothing more embarrassing than that.

Send along good vibes and someone tell the site that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with it. There's got to be some major virus hanging out as it has taken me 20 minutes to type this out and my computer runs fine on all other sites.
[/quote]

No see the bad thoughts and worries are getting out now. You'll have lowered expectations come tee time tomorrow and you'll do just fine. Don't even warm up (well I mean don't do anything that would require much more than getting muscles loose). If you need to get loose just whack at the balls without paying attention to where they are going. Just focus on the contact and let your mind guide the ball.....

Ok too much? Bad advice? Who knows, but now you should be thinking less about how bad earlier was

Ham that is almost exactly what I do on the putting green. I am always playing the par 2 game when I start working on putts outside of 10'. If it's a real bad day or if I have the putting green to myself and can get some 60-89 footers rolling then I will make those par 3.

Great news is I finally got my salty grip put on my putter haha. Been waiting for so long and got it on today. Can't wait to go out and give it a test run tomorrow. Funny thing is they put it on with rubber cement. Haven't seen anyone do that before

"Soft hands" is a reminder I tell myself when putting, that works for me. Whenever I grip the putter too tightly I have a tendency to rotate the blade on my putting stroke causing me to pull the putt. Also taking a deep breath letting it out and relaxing really helps as well. I like this comment that was made in a post earlier here:
" keeping the left wrist quiet through the ball"

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446704701' post='12555412']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1446704087' post='12555390']
[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1446703379' post='12555358']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446703207' post='12555352']
Judge!! DeNinja didn't hammer on Rudolph. I think he's getting
soft with old age.
[/quote]

He's too busy waiting for me to slip up so he can pounce!!!!
[/quote]

Y'all are both waiting for me to slip up. I've lost my edge since I stay out of debate threads. Done gone soft.

[url="https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE"]https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE[/url]
[/quote]

I've tried to help keep you in shape with my feeble foibles.
[/quote]

Feeble. Yeeaaahhhh, right. Like a TBW drive is 'feeble'. You are one of those posters that can troll and the trollee has no clue he just got pwned and even likes it!

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1446748703' post='12557418']
[quote name='scotee' timestamp='1446742965' post='12556952']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good call! I have to believe they need to be setup with the right lofts and face-angle since the putter shaft essentially grows straight out of the lead forearm. Interestingly, it hasn't take the tour by storm... but with the anchor ban going into effect Jan 1 - there may be a wave of them coming. Keep hearing there will be many long putter players who will opt to lift the higher hand a smidge off of the chest and just keep using the same putter.
[/quote]

I think for arm locks it makes more difference how tall you are, how long your arms are, how wide your shoulder are etc. All putters are better when properly fitted but with arm lock putters it is harder to get just right and harder to make compensations if it's not right. With all that forward shaft lean the loft is critical for sure.

It will be interesting to watch all the guys on the senior tour and a few on the regular tour make the change from anchored. Some seem to be riding it till the last day. I saw Couples, Langer. McCarron and some others still achoring last week.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1446736401' post='12556458']
For those having computer slow-downs and who aren't already doing the following.... give it a try:

Windows Users...

1. Go in the upper right hand of your screen where there's a little house, a star, and a gear. Click on the gear.
2. Fist select "Safety" then select "Delete Browsing History" Inside of that one there are options...Click at least the first 3 or 4.
3. Back to the same Gear.... and click 'Manage Add-ons'. When the Flash-player shows up (usually near the top) click on it and then click the "Disable" button at the bottom.
4. Then go to All Programs. Then find "System Tools" then open and run "Disk Cleanup." With that one select temporary files, thumbnails, recycle bin, window error files, windows dump memory files, and let that one run (takes a few minutes).

About once/week you need to do these four things. And if you haven't done so in a long time... also go to Windows Update (should be under All Programs.... and update that guy,,,,, if its been a while that one will take a long time to run and will end up asking you to shut down the computer and restart it....(which is why I saved this one for last).

Any virus scans are a good thing - just make sure you click on and update the virus program if you haven't been doing that one.

Of all the above - the two that help me keep things working the most is the Disabling of the Shockwave (Adobe in my case) add-on, and the disc cleanups. Once you disable shockwave, many of the posted videos - and several of the ads will not run (unless you go back and ENABLE the shockwave. For me - I'm often enabling it and disabling the moment I see what someone posted. Its a pain in the rear - but keeps things moving here.

Hope this helps at least someone. I fought the same battle for months. The hot air flowing out of my computer was due to the junk getting crammed through (and cookies and such stored) from the videos more than anything.... that and all the ads on wrx.

Those ads that play little videos --- those are the big things that are killing us!!!!

Last little doo-dad. When you get to a page... let is sit for a second before rapidly scrolling. For some reason its often wanting to get your PC ready to scroll through a whole page and if you start flying up and the down the page too fast or rapidly changing pages... it seems to freeze much more often.

And I agree - I have to believe there are little viruses and such rolling around here. I honestly believe it also slows down a thread as we post links and vids in them. If you notice....some threads have 1000+ posts and they truck along...but have very few posted links and videos inside them. The rare few exceptions to that rule are probably threads started by a sponsor (meaning fewer competing ads).
[/quote]

TL;DR

Get a Mac.

Edit....I last virus scanned, well, never. I don't have anti-virus software on either of my Macs and have not ever had a situation where it was needed.

Not a brag, it's just that Macs are too much work to write virus code for. Too little payoff. I mean you'll get a couple graphic designers, maybe lock down Pixar for an hour or so, some granola freelance photog is gonna be hella pissed off, and a fat logger type in western WA will wonder why none of his internet (golf) porn won't load until he clicks "reset Safari".

I kid I kid there are viruses for Macs but they are pretty rare and hard to get.

PC viruses can be caught from touching any hard surface of the Internet store. Anywhere anytime.

Mac viruses are more like a STD. When you get it, you know exactly why and feel ashamed.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1446755059' post='12557842']

Windows Users...

[/quote]

TL;DR

Get a Mac.

Edit....I last virus scanned, well, never. I don't have anti-virus software on either of my Macs and have not ever had a situation where it was needed.

Not a brag, it's just that Macs are too much work to write virus code for. Too little payoff. I mean you'll get a couple graphic designers, maybe lock down Pixar for an hour or so, some granola freelance photog is gonna be hella pissed off, and a fat logger type in western WA will wonder why none of his internet (golf) porn won't load until he clicks "reset Safari".

I kid I kid there are viruses for Macs but they are pretty rare and hard to get.

PC viruses can be caught from touching any hard surface of the Internet store. Anywhere anytime.

Mac viruses are more like a STD. When you get it, you know exactly why and feel ashamed.
[/quote]

No can do - blew the Mac cash on a mattress!! :lazy2:

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1446755059' post='12557842']

Windows Users...

[/quote]

TL;DR

Get a Mac.

[/quote]

This :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

[quote name='Michael C.' timestamp='1446725370' post='12555758']
[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1446722149' post='12555682']
Putting, my favorite!

Here are some things I go through when I'm a little off, and just my thoughts (condensed version) of putting in general.

1. Grip tension, I like medium. When I try to make it too lose and relaxed I feel I lack control over the club head.

2. Am I keeping my left wrist quiet through the ball. This one is my biggest technical key, I guess

3. Am I breathing, sometimes when I struggle I'll almost hold my breath while putting.

4 Am I looking too "hard", meaning I like to have what I call "soft eyes" when looking at a putt, it relaxes my mind, instead of over analyzing the putt. I blink slowly, and relax my face and jaw muscles. I'm weird I know LOL

5. Lastly, in my short game, and putting style I really like to focus on swinging the club head WITH rhythm. Feeling the weight of the head and letting that dictate what my actual body does, not the other way around. When I try to make something like putting a technical "put this here and that there" endeavor I'm DOOMED. I've been down that road and it wasn't fun LOL

Also, my style of stroke is more of an "arms stroke" I've tried rocking the shoulders and I'm terrible with both contact, and contact with putting is everything. I try to keep my hands and elbows working together. My shoulders do move, but I can't focus on them and let them drive my stroke. That's just what works for me.

The day I ditched using a sharpie line and getting super precise with distance putts was the day I freed up my stroke and my mind. Obviously the closer you get to the hole the more precise your line has to be. All I know is I always second guess the sharpie line after I've spent time lining it up. And since ditching the sharpie line I've also ditched practice strokes. Unless it's a abnormally long putt, I visualize, pick a spot, align to spot. Look til comfortable then let it roll.

Lastly, when I was last actively playing and practicing I spent half my practice time putting (probably excessive for some). I did the usual stuff, clock drills, 3,6,10 footers and then LOTS of lag putting. I'd play anyone around the practice green, we'd play "par 2's" bet a gatorade or a couple bucks and play 18 holes. If no one was around I still did the "par 2" thing and played 18 or 36holes to end my practice, with my goal always being no 3 putts. For every three putt I had to make 20 3 footers in a row before I left :taunt: That helped my putting tremendously.

Judge, I like that little drill you suggested. I actually do that but I hold the ball in the opposite hand (right hand for you) helps to stop flipping through the ball nicely.
[/quote]

You and I would have fun the practice green, Hammer. I often have the green to myself. I start by dropping between 4 and 8 balls around a hole from 3 to 6 feet away. Do this several times. Next I drop all the balls in one spot. There's usually 4 holes so I drop 4 balls and lag to each hole. 10 to 40 feet apart. Then I'll go back to the around hole drill.

I usually end my putting practice playing par 2. Drop 4 in one spot. I can't leave until I score 8 or better at least twice. Same way with chipping. 8 iron, PW, 58*. Drop in one spot. Make 8 or better. Drop in a different spot. Try to make 8 or better. Chips, pitches, lobs. LMAO. I could do this crap for hours.
[/quote]

LOL, my guitarist and I used to go to this one course that has a GREAT short game area, there never anyone out there so we have to whole place to ourselves. 4 different greens and a couple of bunkers. We called it "free golf", we would just work on things for a while, then after we've worked out whatever we were working on we played "up and downs" the rest of the day! Best practice ever, like you I could do that basically all day, everyday.

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1446734787' post='12556342']
[color=#222222]The Tool on the Hill – For you Hammer [/color]

[color=#222222]Day after day[/color]
[color=#222222]Alone on a hill

And the eyes in his head

Well on the way
Head in a cloud
Playing wonderfully loud

And the eyes in his head
See the ball spinning round[/color]
[color=#222222]

And the eyes in his head

He knows that they're also Tool’d[/color]
[color=#222222]They all like him

And the eyes in his head[/color]
[color=#222222]See the ball spinning round[/color]
[/quote]

Thanks Sixty! You have a gift with lyrics, I'm the complete opposite LOL! I just hit things :)

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1446754163' post='12557782']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446704701' post='12555412']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1446704087' post='12555390']
[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1446703379' post='12555358']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446703207' post='12555352']
Judge!! DeNinja didn't hammer on Rudolph. I think he's getting
soft with old age.
[/quote]

He's too busy waiting for me to slip up so he can pounce!!!!
[/quote]

Y'all are both waiting for me to slip up. I've lost my edge since I stay out of debate threads. Done gone soft.

[url="https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE"]https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE[/url]
[/quote]

I've tried to help keep you in shape with my feeble foibles.
[/quote]

Feeble. Yeeaaahhhh, right. Like a TBW drive is 'feeble'. You are one of those posters that can troll and the trollee has no clue he just got pwned and even likes it!
[/quote]

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you, sensei. :)

Windows Users...

[/quote]

Thank you so much Reasonability... I was waiting so long for the buffering I was taking Bufferin... I started to teach my mouse tricks... just watching that little buffer thing go around...it was like- circle of confession. Anyway, it works fine now

Par of my par two game is going around to each hole location in a pattern that makes it a long putt. I have to two putt every hole before I leave. Some nights it's over quick. Others it might take a bit depending on where they place them (our practice green has a lot of weird undulations). I also do the chipping fame although I need to be more strict on myself for that one haha. While I feel my chipping is decent, when looking at my stats I keep for myself I know it's because my putting makes up for it a lot. I don't get a lot of chips inside 5 feet even though most of the time I am less than 20 yards to the hole when I chip haha. If I could avg inside of 8 I would be happy b

Another WRX'r invited me to play Chambers Bay with them in a couple weeks----better go sell some stuff to afford the green fees...ouch.

Stinkin' green fees are $115 plus 14% in taxes.....sheesh it used to be $60 in November.

Wonder how much I'll have to bribe him for no cameras?

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1446734787' post='12556342']
The Tool on the Hill – For you Hammer

Day after day
Alone on a hill

And the eyes in his head

Well on the way
Head in a cloud
Playing wonderfully loud

And the eyes in his head

And the eyes in his head

He knows that they're also Tool’d
They all like him

And the eyes in his head
[/quote]Are you sure that you are not Weird Al Yankovick in disquise as an old Ping player?? You do have a knack for re doing lyrics

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1446766485' post='12558630']
Another WRX'r invited me to play Chambers Bay with them in a couple weeks!

Wonder how much I'll have to bribe him for no cameras?
[/quote]If you hear something that sounds like Sasquatch fumbling around the woods do not be frightened it will be me with one of those long lens cameras. The fix is already in my friend!

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1446742418' post='12556910']
Conrad, I see you have a 12* driver. I just changed my 10.5* head out for a 12* and I love it. I got the SF tec because I use to play the K15 and liked it. Anyway, I used it last Saturday, and I couldn't believe how much better I was able to keep tee shots in the fairway. So I expected to lose a tad of yardage, but it seemed like I only lost about 10yds. I am wondering if that may have been because it was 54 degrees outside? I'll sacrifice the yardage for the FIR. I hit 12 out of 13 (pretty much in the middle) fairways (the others of course were par 3's). For me that's pretty good. How long have you had yours, what did you have before, and how do you like 12* on your driver?
[/quote]

My other drivers are 10.5 Sixty. I bought the G15 cause it already had the
PL Blue shaft 65S in that has been my favorite. I do, absolutely hit more
fairways with it and that is why it kicked the other drivers out, lol. You know,
that with PING the stated loft is always lower than the actual loft, unless
you ask them to hand pick one for you. If measured I would guess mine
is closer to 13 degrees than 12 in actuality.

I think I lose some yards due to the higher ball flight but it really matters not
to me if I'm on or near the fairway.

I also have a K15 10.5 with the stock TFC in R flex. It's a great stick and the
only reason I haven't been using it is the sound of it bugs me, lol. But, it is
really forgiving. I have hit drives with it that I knew by feel were out on the toe
and lost nearly nothing in yardage. It's the most forgiving driver I've ever hit,
forgiving defined being losing almost nothing on toe hits.

The K15 is the most misunderstood driver ever made, lol. I've had a lot of
arguments with WRXers over it who don't understand what it was designed
for and how it works. It is not closed faced nor is it draw biased, and as D likes
to say; you can take that to the bank! LMAO. I imagine the G30 SF is the same
basic design and would perform the same but with TURBULATORS!! LOL

[quote name='BillyZ2' timestamp='1446753762' post='12557752']
"Soft hands" is a reminder I tell myself when putting, that works for me. Whenever I grip the putter too tightly I have a tendency to rotate the blade on my putting stroke causing me to pull the putt. Also taking a deep breath letting it out and relaxing really helps as well. I like this comment that was made in a post earlier here:
" keeping the left wrist quiet through the ball"
[/quote]Yep soft hands is the key. remember any tension in the hands transfers throughout the stroke whether a putt or a regular shot.

Can you not have a camera there?

Ok confession (well kind of)

Now that I have the grip on the putter that I want, I have this leather grip master that the my guy was able to save (at least it looks to be just fine to my eye). He blew it off with air under a tube and it didn't expand at all and didn't ruin it with solvent. Now I have this gripmaster that I have nothing to do with so I figured I would pass it along to anyone here who wanted it. Either to try or have as a backup in case your current one needs replacing. I thought about selling it, but no need as i wouldn't get much haha. since you can buy a new one for like around $30 probably less ( I haven't looked). Any takers here interested? It is black and will need to be cleaned out inside as there are small remnants of tape in there but nothing major. I can try and take a picture if you want.

and on the same subject, I am not sure if you guys saw my 1k post giveaway earlier this year in the pay it forward section, but it is something was done often on a gun forum that I am a part of and wanted to bring it to GolfWRX. I figured I would do it again at 2k posts, but I have an awesome piece that I really don't need and want someone to use it since it is just going to sit here with me. I am thinking of doing it early and maybe making it a 1700 post or something of that sort. Maybe retro fit it for my 1500 post haha, but keep a look out for it if you are into Nike stuff that is hard to get. :) I didn't get a lot of traffic on my last giveaway and I want more this time around so I think I will either do it in the 19th hole.I bring it up A) For you to keep an eye out for it, and B) I want to hear some ideas about a good givieaway. Last time I did closest guess of the amount of suckers in a cup, but want something a little more challenging. any ideas?