2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The 9th circle of confession.

Nine Miler

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446766774' post='12558650']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1446742418' post='12556910']
Conrad, I see you have a 12* driver. I just changed my 10.5* head out for a 12* and I love it. I got the SF tec because I use to play the K15 and liked it. Anyway, I used it last Saturday, and I couldn't believe how much better I was able to keep tee shots in the fairway. So I expected to lose a tad of yardage, but it seemed like I only lost about 10yds. I am wondering if that may have been because it was 54 degrees outside? I'll sacrifice the yardage for the FIR. I hit 12 out of 13 (pretty much in the middle) fairways (the others of course were par 3's). For me that's pretty good. How long have you had yours, what did you have before, and how do you like 12* on your driver?
[/quote]

My other drivers are 10.5 Sixty. I bought the G15 cause it already had the
PL Blue shaft 65S in that has been my favorite. I do, absolutely hit more
fairways with it and that is why it kicked the other drivers out, lol. You know,
that with PING the stated loft is always lower than the actual loft, unless
you ask them to hand pick one for you. If measured I would guess mine
is closer to 13 degrees than 12 in actuality.

I think I lose some yards due to the higher ball flight but it really matters not
to me if I'm on or near the fairway.

I also have a K15 10.5 with the stock TFC in R flex. It's a great stick and the
only reason I haven't been using it is the sound of it bugs me, lol. But, it is
really forgiving. I have hit drives with it that I knew by feel were out on the toe
and lost nearly nothing in yardage. It's the most forgiving driver I've ever hit,
forgiving defined being losing almost nothing on toe hits.

The K15 is the most misunderstood driver ever made, lol. I've had a lot of
arguments with WRXers over it who don't understand what it was designed
for and how it works. It is not closed faced nor is it draw biased, and as D likes
to say; you can take that to the bank! LMAO. I imagine the G30 SF is the same
basic design and would perform the same but with TURBULATORS!! LOL
[/quote]You know I have never hit a K15 but from what you are saying it sits neutral which is good for me. BTW the rust bucket specials may be going into a PING 4 series II bag I have my eye on one. I am about tired of messing with my old Titleist mini staff bag which is 10 years old and the Cleveland carry stand bag which is 10 years old also is getting beat down. When I get my Christmas bonus I am leaning towards a new golf bag I have been scoping them out and have several options besides 4 series. So far though I like the 4 series and Ping does make a good bag

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1446722149' post='12555682']
Putting, my favorite!

Here are some things I go through when I'm a little off, and just my thoughts (condensed version) of putting in general.

1. Grip tension, I like medium. When I try to make it too lose and relaxed I feel I lack control over the club head.

2. Am I keeping my left wrist quiet through the ball. This one is my biggest technical key, I guess

3. Am I breathing, sometimes when I struggle I'll almost hold my breath while putting.

4 Am I looking too "hard", meaning I like to have what I call "soft eyes" when looking at a putt, it relaxes my mind, instead of over analyzing the putt. I blink slowly, and relax my face and jaw muscles. I'm weird I know LOL

5. Lastly, in my short game, and putting style I really like to focus on swinging the club head WITH rhythm. Feeling the weight of the head and letting that dictate what my actual body does, not the other way around. When I try to make something like putting a technical "put this here and that there" endeavor I'm DOOMED. I've been down that road and it wasn't fun LOL

Also, my style of stroke is more of an "arms stroke" I've tried rocking the shoulders and I'm terrible with both contact, and contact with putting is everything. I try to keep my hands and elbows working together. My shoulders do move, but I can't focus on them and let them drive my stroke. That's just what works for me.

The day I ditched using a sharpie line and getting super precise with distance putts was the day I freed up my stroke and my mind. Obviously the closer you get to the hole the more precise your line has to be. All I know is I always second guess the sharpie line after I've spent time lining it up. And since ditching the sharpie line I've also ditched practice strokes. Unless it's a abnormally long putt, I visualize, pick a spot, align to spot. Look til comfortable then let it roll.

Lastly, when I was last actively playing and practicing I spent half my practice time putting (probably excessive for some). I did the usual stuff, clock drills, 3,6,10 footers and then LOTS of lag putting. I'd play anyone around the practice green, we'd play "par 2's" bet a gatorade or a couple bucks and play 18 holes. If no one was around I still did the "par 2" thing and played 18 or 36holes to end my practice, with my goal always being no 3 putts. For every three putt I had to make 20 3 footers in a row before I left :taunt: That helped my putting tremendously.

Judge, I like that little drill you suggested. I actually do that but I hold the ball in the opposite hand (right hand for you) helps to stop flipping through the ball nicely.
[/quote]

"Soft Eyes"...........the ladies on the mainland love 'em Ham. You need to
get over here post haste. It'll be great for your game and your GAME. :)

Got another rust bucket special yesterday. We were cleaning out the debris that gets under our trailer wheels when we unload. One of the guys at the shreadder who is not a golfer said "here is you a golf club" kicking it towards me. Darn it was a rusty Cleveland 588 56 degree just like mine raw and rusty. The shaft was broken though. Of course I threw it in the truck and took it home. Now it was rusty. Did the Coke soak thing last night to get some of the excessive rust off to check the grooves to see if it was worth saving. Took it out today and yes it was! Who ever had it was a player because the bottom is worn all to heck but the grooves are in good shape. I just happened to have a brand new S-400 that came out of a Nike wedge that I switched for a guy and it has a brand new grip on it too! In fact I pulled that shaft and did not hurt the ferrule. Glued them together a few minutes ago. Now I have a back up or can do the combo thing in my vintage set with the Scratch 60

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1446767201' post='12558672']
Conrad, I see you have a 12* driver. I just changed my 10.5* head out for a 12* and I love it. I got the SF tec because I use to play the K15 and liked it. Anyway, I used it last Saturday, and I couldn't believe how much better I was able to keep tee shots in the fairway. So I expected to lose a tad of yardage, but it seemed like I only lost about 10yds. I am wondering if that may have been because it was 54 degrees outside? I'll sacrifice the yardage for the FIR. I hit 12 out of 13 (pretty much in the middle) fairways (the others of course were par 3's). For me that's pretty good. How long have you had yours, what did you have before, and how do you like 12* on your driver?
[/quote]

fairways with it and that is why it kicked the other drivers out, lol. You know,

I think I lose some yards due to the higher ball flight but it really matters not

really forgiving. I have hit drives with it that I knew by feel were out on the toe
and lost nearly nothing in yardage. It's the most forgiving driver I've ever hit,

for and how it works. It is not closed faced nor is it draw biased, and as D likes
[/quote]You know I have never hit a K15 but from what you are saying it sits neutral which is good for me. BTW the rust bucket specials may be going into a PING 4 series II bag I have my eye on one. I am about tired of messing with my old Titleist mini staff bag which is 10 years old and the Cleveland carry stand bag which is 10 years old also is getting beat down. When I get my Christmas bonus I am leaning towards a new golf bag I have been scoping them out and have several options besides 4 series. So far though I like the 4 series and Ping does make a good bag
[/quote]

Stu, It doesn't sit neutral on it's own due to the heel pad....and that's what
fools people into thinking it is closed. You have to grip it square while hovering
and then you can set it down, maintaining your grip.

If not, the heel pad will cause it to roll WAY closed if you set it loosely on
the ground.

Papa Johick - I have an old original Ray Cook mallet that I would try that grip on. I experimented with a Winn grip for a belly putter on this 34" putter and it made the grip end too heavy and the total swingweight too great. Failed experiment. Something like a Gripmaster might be the right classic touch.

I'll dig through the gear closet and try and find something to Pay It Forward if you still have it.

[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1446767986' post='12558752']
Papa Johick - I have an old original Ray Cook mallet that I would try that grip on. I experimented with a Winn grip for a belly putter on this 34" putter and it made the grip end too heavy and the total swingweight too great. Failed experiment. Something like a Gripmaster might be the right classic touch.

I'll dig through the gear closet and try and find something to Pay It Forward if you still have it.
[/quote]

hey sounds great. If you don't have anything to pay it forward no big deal. I just don't want it to go to waste sitting here. Send me a PM of your shipping info and I'll get it out tomorrow hopefully

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446767481' post='12558696']
[quote name='Palauan Hammer' timestamp='1446722149' post='12555682']
Putting, my favorite!

Here are some things I go through when I'm a little off, and just my thoughts (condensed version) of putting in general.

1. Grip tension, I like medium. When I try to make it too lose and relaxed I feel I lack control over the club head.

2. Am I keeping my left wrist quiet through the ball. This one is my biggest technical key, I guess

3. Am I breathing, sometimes when I struggle I'll almost hold my breath while putting.

4 Am I looking too "hard", meaning I like to have what I call "soft eyes" when looking at a putt, it relaxes my mind, instead of over analyzing the putt. I blink slowly, and relax my face and jaw muscles. I'm weird I know LOL

5. Lastly, in my short game, and putting style I really like to focus on swinging the club head WITH rhythm. Feeling the weight of the head and letting that dictate what my actual body does, not the other way around. When I try to make something like putting a technical "put this here and that there" endeavor I'm DOOMED. I've been down that road and it wasn't fun LOL

Also, my style of stroke is more of an "arms stroke" I've tried rocking the shoulders and I'm terrible with both contact, and contact with putting is everything. I try to keep my hands and elbows working together. My shoulders do move, but I can't focus on them and let them drive my stroke. That's just what works for me.

The day I ditched using a sharpie line and getting super precise with distance putts was the day I freed up my stroke and my mind. Obviously the closer you get to the hole the more precise your line has to be. All I know is I always second guess the sharpie line after I've spent time lining it up. And since ditching the sharpie line I've also ditched practice strokes. Unless it's a abnormally long putt, I visualize, pick a spot, align to spot. Look til comfortable then let it roll.

Lastly, when I was last actively playing and practicing I spent half my practice time putting (probably excessive for some). I did the usual stuff, clock drills, 3,6,10 footers and then LOTS of lag putting. I'd play anyone around the practice green, we'd play "par 2's" bet a gatorade or a couple bucks and play 18 holes. If no one was around I still did the "par 2" thing and played 18 or 36holes to end my practice, with my goal always being no 3 putts. For every three putt I had to make 20 3 footers in a row before I left :taunt: That helped my putting tremendously.

Judge, I like that little drill you suggested. I actually do that but I hold the ball in the opposite hand (right hand for you) helps to stop flipping through the ball nicely.
[/quote]

"Soft Eyes"...........the ladies on the mainland love 'em Ham. You need to
get over here post haste. It'll be great for your game and your GAME. :)
[/quote]

Oh yeeeah! :taunt: And not to worry I'll be out there as soon as I can, probably gonna knock the rust off my game here and save some money before heading out to Seattle. BUT I cannot wait to get out there!

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446767809' post='12558726']
[/quote]

[/quote]

fools people into thinking it is closed. You have to grip it square while hovering

the ground.
[/quote]OK gotcha I can do that with any driver though. I can remember when I was experimenting with a Wishon 949 MC I had the grip put on so when I gripped it it was at neutral. You would not believe the people that told me I had the grip on crooked when they grounded it. It was draw biased as heck I remember I had to put about 6 grams directly on the toe to balance it. That Hathaway sits neutral when grounded and I like it. I think that is why that driver did not catch on with the general public. Due to the adaptor it still feels a little heel heavy to me so I have it counter balanced with 2 grams in the toe. Been working almost 4 years now for me. Funny thing when those T-Bag drivers came out with that compass looking thing in the sole I asked a rep about that and he explained it to me. I just could not concieve the simpliest thing is to why you would need that. Just grip the club where you want the face to be at seems simple to me

I've switched almost every putter grip over to a Grip Master and/or Best Grips leather. You will not be disappointed in the quality Matt. Nice gesture Papa.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Tomorrow is Random Act of Kindness Day in the Great White North.

I'm going to bide my time and wait for an opportunity.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Sad moment yesterday. I had a student called out of my first period class (I taught his brother last year and they are both fabulous). His 13 year old sister had been run over by a commercial pick-up truck on the way to school. Her body was struck by both sets of tires and she sustained life threatening injuries with multiple fractures throughout her body. She was air-lifted by helicopter to a hospital's intensive care unit 1 1/2 hours away. I don't know the exact details of her current state, but hear that she is stable and conscious.

Life is precious and can change at any moment. Don't know what I'd do if I lost one of my boys.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1446770709' post='12558932']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1446767809' post='12558726']
[/quote]

[/quote]

the ground.
[/quote]OK gotcha I can do that with any driver though. I can remember when I was experimenting with a Wishon 949 MC I had the grip put on so when I gripped it it was at neutral. You would not believe the people that told me I had the grip on crooked when they grounded it. It was draw biased as heck I remember I had to put about 6 grams directly on the toe to balance it. That Hathaway sits neutral when grounded and I like it. I think that is why that driver did not catch on with the general public. Due to the adaptor it still feels a little heel heavy to me so I have it counter balanced with 2 grams in the toe. Been working almost 4 years now for me. Funny thing when those T-Bag drivers came out with that compass looking thing in the sole I asked a rep about that and he explained it to me. I just could not concieve the simpliest thing is to why you would need that. Just grip the club where you want the face to be at seems simple to me
[/quote]

Since you've been using lead tape you know what the extra weight in
the heel will do however you would have to see the driver to see how
the bottom looks and just how the weight is distributed.

What Ping found with this driver is that the heel would slow some which
allows the toe to rotate and square the face BUT the face would not keep
rotating beyond square through the impact zone because of the way the
weight is distributed.....of course a golfer could manipulate it closed if
their hands turn over.

In other words, it's not draw biased but instead "square faced" biased.
It's not foolproof obviously as no driver is but it does have that "square
faced" bias to help a golfer get through impact with a square face.

Travelled to the course this evening to see how many holes I could squeeze in with a cart. 12 holes in 1 hour before the darkness set in.

I'm beginning to lose my touch inside 80 yards, and my ball-striking was suspect at times, but I didn't card anything worse than a bogey. Not bad given the time constraints. I'm hitting my driver better than I have all season (go figure, given the fact that I probably have only a few outdoor rounds left). Also rolling the ball well on the greens.

Felt liberating to swing a golf club.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

C - Rad,

I always felt like the K-15 set up closed in my hands (at least that was the appearance at address). As you mentioned previously, the sound was something I couldn't get used to, which is odd considering I carried a Nickent Square driver for a period of time.

I do like the feel and sound of the G25 and G30 driver heads.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

OK ... I'm back and survived the round but am quite sore mentally and physically. I played with my cousin the 28 (+) cap and 2 guys they put with us who were probably 30's ... and I'm a 4.4. If you ever want to go through mental gymnastics for 4 hours, spend it with a cousin who gives you grief and 2 guys with absolutely no etiquette for the course (had to stop one from picking my ball up 3 times in the fairway). Played well enough (+6 - 77, 29 putts, 8/18 GIR, 11/14 fairways, 100% sand saves) but really left some strokes out there. I couldn't buy a putt (6 almost dropped), missed 2 chip-in's and both my sand shots almost found the pin, and I made 4 "swings" (and I use that term loosely) that led to ... TOPPED shots. Yeah, it was that sort of day.

Plusses:
Struck my putts well enough, hit smart golf shots, good scrambling around the greens.

Minuses:
Hex Black Plus balls are SHORT compared to the Chrome Soft (about 10% shorter through the bag), 4 topped shots, and let the anger of the other players get to me when my back stiffened up on the 15th hole.

Interesting:
Don't know why but the Fazio layout really was a great fit to my eye. Normally I prefer more the Dye "target" style to something that open, but this course and I got along. I will play it again at $55 (the recently punched greens price), but never at full price ($180 weekdays).

Here's hoping everyone else had a great one today... and I think the Versa #7 might still make a showing in the bag soon.

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1446773241' post='12559124']
C - Rad,

I always felt like the K-15 set up closed in my hands (at least that was the appearance at address). As you mentioned previously, the sound was something I couldn't get used to, which is odd considering I carried a Nickent Square driver for a period of time.

[/quote]

You're not the only one PD. You can grab almost any driver off the rack
and some will say it sits closed and some will say it doesn't. Visually, I
guess we all see things a little differently.

I went back, at the time, and read John Solheim's talk about the K15. He
said the face is neutral, or square and not closed and that is what I go
with. But, I will say, if some see it as closed and that bugs them then by
all means, don't use it, lol. Life is too short to use a club you don't like.

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1446773860' post='12559184']
OK ... I'm back and survived the round but am quite sore mentally and physically. I played with my cousin the 28 (+) cap and 2 guys they put with us who were probably 30's ... and I'm a 4.4. If you ever want to go through mental gymnastics for 4 hours, spend it with a cousin who gives you grief and 2 guys with absolutely no etiquette for the course (had to stop one from picking my ball up 3 times in the fairway). Played well enough (+6 - 77, 29 putts, 8/18 GIR, 11/14 fairways, 100% sand saves) but really left some strokes out there. I couldn't buy a putt (6 almost dropped), missed 2 chip-in's and both my sand shots almost found the pin, and I made 4 "swings" (and I use that term loosely) that led to ... TOPPED shots. Yeah, it was that sort of day.

Plusses:
Struck my putts well enough, hit smart golf shots, good scrambling around the greens.

Minuses:
Hex Black Plus balls are SHORT compared to the Chrome Soft (about 10% shorter through the bag), 4 topped shots, and let the anger of the other players get to me when my back stiffened up on the 15th hole.

Interesting:
Don't know why but the Fazio layout really was a great fit to my eye. Normally I prefer more the Dye "target" style to something that open, but this course and I got along. I will play it again at $55 (the recently punched greens price), but never at full price ($180 weekdays).

Here's hoping everyone else had a great one today... and I think the Versa #7 might still make a showing in the bag soon.
[/quote]

Glad you had a good time Gaucho, notwithstanding the "distractions", lol. I
like courses that leave a little room on the fairways and then pinch you on
the approaches......or maybe I'm just used to the RTJ courses here, which
could be considered "2nd shot" courses. Some fairways are tight but most
give you a lot of room. It's the green complexes that piss you off, lol. You
know, you've played them......well maybe not Capitol Hill and Grand
National.

Not surprised the softer Chrome Soft is longer for you. I've yet to hit the
Chrome Soft yet since I still have a bunch of SuperSofts and B330RXS
to yet lose so I can buy new balls, lol.

Gaucho,

Like the Plus, Minus, Interesting format of your post. PMI charts are a staple in my classroom.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Sorry to hear about your students sister PD. That's awful but hopefully everything ends well.

Gaucho nice round! I have always played worse on courses that give you a lot of room. I need it off the tee as I'm not the greatest driver but I do like target golf from the second shot. Narrow approaches seem to force me to focus a bit more. Plus, as a 14, when I hit that small target window it is like I'm playing like a pro haha. Mostly because that is where my huge inconsistency comes from and what keeps me from being better. My irons will be fantastic one day but awful the next. Lately has been pretty good but I'm still not hitting a lot of greens. Not from being long or short either (unless there is a fat shot). Mostly either a huge hook or a big push.

Never been a fan of callaway balls or Bridgestone. I'll use anything else though (sans top flight). Definitely a mental thing with the first two though

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1446772901' post='12559094']
Sad moment yesterday. I had a student called out of my first period class (I taught his brother last year and they are both fabulous). His 13 year old sister had been run over by a commercial pick-up truck on the way to school. Her body was struck by both sets of tires and she sustained life threatening injuries with multiple fractures throughout her body. She was air-lifted by helicopter to a hospital's intensive care unit 1 1/2 hours away. I don't know the exact details of her current state, but hear that she is stable and conscious.

Life is precious and can change at any moment. Don't know what I'd do if I lost one of my boys.
[/quote]

Every now and then we get these reminders that life is not only precious
but fragile as well. A 13 year precious little girl damaged brutally by a
big pick up truck. People are just no match for the machines we make.

I hope she has a full recovery and the driver of that truck a chance to see
that recovery and visit her. There is probably no one who feels worse
than that driver, except for her and her family. Keep us posted PD.

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1446772901' post='12559094']

[/quote]

A truly difficult thing to deal with.When I'm anywhere near a street with kids...near school....I am extra cautious....don't know how I would
react if I ever hit one...Kids are so special.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1446773241' post='12559124']
C - Rad,

[/quote]

The look and feel thing is real for me PD,

I've always been partial to drivers that have a traditional look. The TM burner for example is a driver that I've seen several of my friends hit great, but I can't stand to look at it at address. I'm also partial to the sound of my TI 460 launcher, I can tell a center face hit by the tone of the ping it makes. I've bought or used sales points on 3 new and improved drivers promising me more fairways and 15 more yards, and keep going back to the 10 year old Cleveland.

It's not the only driver I've hit good though. I played a round with a borrowed R7 when traveling and was smoking em straight and long, and a buddy has the original Razr fit that hit well also. Just need for one to show up on Ebay with the right shaft for cheap, and I may own something a little newer.

Hey Nine that salmon steak recipe worked out well. The wife is happy with it too. Thanks again.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Gaucho, I always consider struggling partners as practice for tournament play :)

I too like a little more claustrophobic of a course. Too much space encourages me to swing wildly with the ole number 1 wood.

Rad, I ever tell you I used to play Pings? Zing 2's to be exact. If I went back to cast they would be first on the list.

I've been contemplating a strategy for my skins match tomorrow. Going to try very hard to stay under the hole. And not have 9 three putts of course :)

[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1446784930' post='12559992']
Gaucho, I always consider struggling partners as practice for tournament play :)

I too like a little more claustrophobic of a course. Too much space encourages me to swing wildly with the ole number 1 wood.

Rad, I ever tell you I used to play Pings? Zing 2's to be exact. If I went back to cast they would be first on the list.

I've been contemplating a strategy for my skins match tomorrow. Going to try very hard to stay under the hole. And not have 9 three putts of course :)
[/quote]

TOOLed again.

Matt, I think those are the irons Westwood played for years before
switching to the i series. Haven't heard much about him lately. He
must be off his game; which usually means he's not making putts.

I wish the course website hadn't changed from the "flyover" online guide to simply a couple of written "tips" per hole, but such is life. Most of the holes gave you a defined landing area and I played into them as much as possible. Some holes you would look at and know what you wanted to do and where you wanted to be, and others were a bit less giving when it came to information. I played up a set of tees for this one, but got the "honor" of the long par 3's (227 playing 240 and 209 playing 215, both before the fact they were into the wind) being on back tees. When it comes to playing up it really does makes the course much easier, however I feel less of a sense of accomplishment when the longest iron into a par 4 (minus the "amazing driving" on a couple holes) is a 7 iron and all the par 5's were in range when I wasn't exactly bombing it out there.

The 3 hybrid (topped) - 3 hybrid at 226 to a back right pin position on the 14th has to be the second most "interesting" hole of the day ... first has to be the snap-hook driver that just made it past a huge tree (the ONLY tree off the tee) setting up a 230yd 3 wood (more proof the ball wasn't flying, that 3w is about 250 normally) to save another par.

I agree with Conrad on the RTJ trail and the way it plays. It really is a second shot set of courses (see the River Course in Huntsville with 16/18 holes having water and 0 bunkers). As for Oak Creek, I would call it a tee shot course, but one that requires a smart tee shot to set up a shot into the green with some really nasty bunkering. I'm sure if I was spraying the ball both directions the course would have made me insane but I was able to keep to an area close to where I wanted it, and that allowed me to attack (and miss) pins galore. :)

Pigs - the PMI was a staple of high school English in 10th grade and AP (12th grade). I think I have used it since then for most decisions of any order of importance, and golf ranks up in the high importance decisions. :)

Golf balls... ChromeSoft > SR2 > SR3 > Hex Black Tour+ ... but even HBT+ is better than the B-Stone B330-S. Something about balls that really spin leads to big time yardage losses. It's almost as if PHYSICS were determining that more spin leads to less distance and a higher, ballooning ball flight. :)

Papa - cameras are allowed. I'm trying to figure out how to avoid them :)

PD - sending good thoughts to the girl and her family. Also sending good thoughts to the poor driver. Unless he was doing something stupid then he deserves to suffer.

injured kids are the hardest calls. we had a bad crash here many years back where a family car tumbled badly.

Father and two kids non-viable DOA. Mother was trapped in car screaming for her baby. 8 month old boy.

We were using the jaws on the car while she was literally tearing at the interior screaming she wasn't going anywhere without her baby. All we could do was say her baby was being attended to...Ma'am he is being attended to by medics. Ma'am he is being attended to... Over and over about 15 times.

Meanwhile the paramedics prepared an IV push of Ativan and an EMT-B collected the boy's body parts off the roadway into a bag.

I still remember the car interior, the mother, and the father (driver) reeked of alcohol. Very uncomfortable.

*edit
Sorry for being morbid, but life is precious. Be careful and thankful each day, friends...

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah yes, Turbulators... I'm sure that gives me .00000000000000000001 more clubhead speed :)
But I do like to tee the ball more toward the center of my stance than most, so at impact that probably reduces the 12* a tad.