2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

seams to be some whinners on this site

I am new here and was looking at a number of the old threads. Aparently a number of you feel that LONG golf holes ruine the game. That a 250 yard par 3 should not be allowed. That a 480 yard par 4 is for pro,s only. If you are that insecure of playing from the back tee,s then dont.but I would be ashamed not to try them myself. As a 5 foot 140 pound 60 year old female i have a feeling i would not be willing to play in the same group as a number of you due to your aparent inability to take this game for the CHALLANGE that it is suposed to be. BTW i do not use a driver but a 13 degree fairway wood which i am always in the center of the fway and 250 out, so if you cant beat me you and if you are younger and bigger then you should be ashamed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean - SEEMS to be some WHINERS on this site

Way to present yourself as a new member with multiple misspelled words, bad grammar, and criticism.

Go troll somewhere else.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Duplicate thread. Too much to drink and in trolling mode? Looks like from your other posts.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1289536-seams-to-be-some-whinners-on-this-site/

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Qi10 9*, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 Tour 15*

SIM2 Max 21* Diamana 75-S

Qi10 Rescue 25* & 28* UST V2

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 50*, 54* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey White Ice DART 46"

Jones Scott returns......again.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Dunno if I should immediately block this "whinner" for his obvious troll posts, or to keep reading and watch the inevitable train wreck!

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Kai'li Red shaft

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti  5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Cobra 4 hybrid

Cobra 5 hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons 6-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Rossie DB  putter

You madam are a winner. You'll fit in grate around here ; )

Welcome to WRX.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I am not a whiner, but I do play tees appropriate to my ability. For example, how often do you see professionals hitting hybrids and fairway woods into par 4's? In my opinion a par 4 is meant to be approached with an iron in hand.

Gold Digest had a formula a year or so ago as to what yardage people may want to play: one's 5-iron carry distance multiplied by 36. The average golfer hits his drive approximately 205 yards, extrapolating from that let's say he carry's his 5-iron 155. 36 x 155 = 5580.

When you do see a professional hit a fairway wood into a green more often than not he does not hit that green. So, not much chance of an amateur doing so at all, not to mention the fact that he will probably have to hit a wedge for his third shot into that 480 yard par 4.

That's not a challenge, to me that's stupidity, but that is just my take on it. What's the point of purchasing a set of irons if most of the par 4's require driver, wood/hybrid, wedge to reach? Or, hitting woods/hybrids into par 3's?

Some people may find that enjoyable, though I haven't encountered many that do.

If a golfer wants to emulate the professional, it's not the yardage he should be playing, but more the club he should be playing, therefore irons into greens on par 4's and irons off the tee on par 3's.

I started playing at fifty (60 now), and to me golf should be first and foremost enjoyable. Secondly, it should be about scoring. The scorecard doesn't care what equipment you play, or what tees you play from.

If a golfer who is 230 off the tee wants to play from 7200 that's fine, but you won't find me back there. Not only do I not see the point, but 1) I have nothing to prove, and 2) I am secure enough in my masculinity that I don't give a sh!t what you or anyone else thinks.

After recovering from a heart attack the cardiologist wanted me to start slow (no driver, wood, or hybids), so I played the forward tees with my irons. I got some funny looks from people, but I couldn't care less. I was alive and I was playing golf.

I play a lot of golf and see how much ego drives this game. And, I also observe how much ego can affect one's score and attitude. I leave my ego at home when I play golf. I find I enjoy it a lot more.

So if the ego golfers want to play from the backs, and continue to shoot in the 90s, or higher, that's fine by me. It's their game, their money. I couldn't care less what they do.

However, I'll play those tees commensurate with my abilities, shoot in the 70s more and more often, with the occasional high 80s thrown in to keep me honest, have a lot more fun, and use my irons regularly too.

By the way, welcome to GolfWRX. :-)

I am not a whiner, but I do play tees appropriate to my ability. For example, how often do you see professionals hitting hybrids and fairway woods into par 4's? In my opinion a par 4 is meant to be approached with an iron in hand.

Gold Digest had a formula a year or so ago as to what yardage people may want to play: one's 5-iron carry distance multiplied by 36. The average golfer hits his drive approximately 205 yards, extrapolating from that let's say he carry's his 5-iron 155. 36 x 155 = 5580.

When you do see a professional hit a fairway wood into a green more often than not he does not hit that green. So, not much chance of an amateur doing so at all, not to mention the fact that he will probably have to hit a wedge for his third shot into that 480 yard par 4.

That's not a challenge, to me that's stupidity, but that is just my take on it. What's the point of purchasing a set of irons if most of the par 4's require driver, wood/hybrid, wedge to reach? Or, hitting woods/hybrids into par 3's?

If a golfer wants to emulate the professional, it's not the yardage he should be playing, but more the club he should be playing, therefore irons into greens on par 4's and irons off the tee on par 3's.

I started playing at fifty (60 now), and to me golf should be first and foremost enjoyable. Secondly, it should be about scoring. The scorecard doesn't care what equipment you play, or what tees you play from.

If a golfer who is 230 off the tee wants to play from 7200 that's fine, but you won't find me back there. Not only do I not see the point, but 1) I have nothing to prove, and 2) I am secure enough in my masculinity that I don't give a sh!t what you or anyone else thinks.

After recovering from a heart attack the cardiologist wanted me to start slow (no driver, wood, or hybids), so I played the forward tees with my irons. I got some funny looks from people, but I couldn't care less. I was alive and I was playing golf.

I play a lot of golf and see how much ego drives this game. And, I also observe how much ego can affect one's score and attitude. I leave my ego at home when I play golf. I find I enjoy it a lot more.

So if the ego golfers want to play from the backs, and continue to shoot in the 90s, or higher, that's fine by me. It's their game, their money. I couldn't care less what they do.

However, I'll play those tees commensurate with my abilities, shoot in the 70s more and more often, with the occasional high 80s thrown in to keep me honest, have a lot more fun, and use my irons regularly too.

Mostly complete sense.

Only issue here i see is some of the WRX'ers who say they hit their 5 irons 225 yards (I'm not claiming this isnt true, but i've seen one such post today ).

But as per the x 36 rule - i don't see too many 8'250 yard long courses around to challenge them.

And even at 215 yards [Which many here list as their stock 5 iron yardage] they supposedly need to be playing a track @ 7740 yards ?

I think using this formula - we're gonna struggle at the top end of the yardage spectrum.

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Whin I plaied golf last weak I noticed the seem in my pants was torn so I had to so it back up whin I got home.

Also, 60 year old 5 foot 140 lb female (or male for that matter) hitting a13* 3 wood 250 yards = flying monkeys.

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

I'm not at whinner. I am a WINNER! And gosh darn it people like me.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

5 ft, 60 year old woman and hit your 3 wood 250?

It did not take long for you to fit in.....

No.....ALWAYS hits it 250, in centre fairway is what the lady said...............

According to my research; 250 in the centre every-time on the LPGA gets you 108th in distance and unsurprisingly 1st for accuracy.

Pretty impressive at any age; let alone 60. Especially with a "fairway wood" !!

So I guess I must be stupid and not enjoy the game because I like to play longer tees even in the cold and muck here during the winters.

This past Thursday....I play a yellow(furthest back)/blue combo tees....it rained on the back 9.

I hit 3H and a 3W into 2 of 4 par 3's.

I hit 3W into two par 4's.

I shot a 81...unfortunately I had 5 straight bogey's to finish the round....ugh.

On Friday...I play the blue tees.

I hit three 3H into 3 of 4 par 4's

I hit 3W into four par 4's and one 3H into a par 4.

I shot 79.

The lousy wet and cold winter conditions...prevents the ball from travelling far this time of year....I'm turning 55 next week and if any one played golf with me...I doubt any one would say I'm a short hitter.....but I'm also not 330 yds WRX long....lol.

So if I can shoot 81 and 79 (and no these were far from being stellar rds for me) should I be moving up a tee block to enjoy the game more and I'm stupid because I have to use a hybrid or FW to reach a green in regulation?

I guess LPGA pros like Lydia Ko, Mo Martin, Ai Miyazato.....must find it too challenging to play o the LPGA tour cause they often will have a hybrid as an approach shot into a par 3 or par 4....looks like the Symetra tour for them. :taunt:

I am new here and was looking at a number of the old threads. Aparently a number of you feel that LONG golf holes ruine the game. That a 250 yard par 3 should not be allowed. That a 480 yard par 4 is for pro,s only. If you are that insecure of playing from the back tee,s then dont.but I would be ashamed not to try them myself. As a 5 foot 140 pound 60 year old female i have a feeling i would not be willing to play in the same group as a number of you due to your aparent inability to take this game for the CHALLANGE that it is suposed to be. BTW i do not use a driver but a 13 degree fairway wood which i am always in the center of the fway and 250 out, so if you cant beat me you and if you are younger and bigger then you should be ashamed
seams English is a challenge for you. Probably won't like this site

So I guess I must be stupid and not enjoy the game because I like to play longer tees even in the cold and muck here during the winters.

This past Thursday....I play a yellow(furthest back)/blue combo tees....it rained on the back 9.

I hit 3H and a 3W into 2 of 4 par 3's.

I hit 3W into two par 4's.

I shot a 81...unfortunately I had 5 straight bogey's to finish the round....ugh.

On Friday...I play the blue tees.

I hit three 3H into 3 of 4 par 4's

I hit 3W into four par 4's and one 3H into a par 4.

I shot 79.

The lousy wet and cold winter conditions...prevents the ball from travelling far this time of year....I'm turning 55 next week and if any one played golf with me...I doubt any one would say I'm a short hitter.....but I'm also not 330 yds WRX long....lol.

So if I can shoot 81 and 79 (and no these were far from being stellar rds for me) should I be moving up a tee block to enjoy the game more and I'm stupid because I have to use a hybrid or FW to reach a green in regulation?

I guess LPGA pros like Lydia Ko, Mo Martin, Ai Miyazato.....must find it too challenging to play o the LPGA tour cause they often will have a hybrid as an approach shot into a par 3 or par 4....looks like the Symetra tour for them. :taunt:

Putt, I've known you for many years and would never use that word to describe you!

Mostly complete sense.

Only issue here i see is some of the WRX'ers who say they hit their 5 irons 225 yards (I'm not claiming this isnt true, but i've seen one such post today ).

But as per the x 36 rule - i don't see too many 8'250 yard long courses around to challenge them.

And even at 215 yards [Which many here list as their stock 5 iron yardage] they supposedly need to be playing a track @ 7740 yards ?

I think using this formula - we're gonna struggle at the top end of the yardage spectrum.

True, there are those outliers out there. :-)

Overall though, the formula that Golf Digest published seems to be a fairly good measuring stick for most. However, it's simply a guide, a suggestion.

You sound like a real sweetheart.