Jersey Golfers

wrayner

Hey guys. Going to play 36 at crystal springs next Thursday. Wanted to play Wild Turkey and Ballyowen but Ballyowen will be closed for an outing till almost 3pm. Which other courses on campus do you recommend and I’m which order?

play wild turkey first, then crystal springs. turkey will warm you up b/c crystal is a bit tighter course.

Thanks. I’ve played WT before and really enjoyed it. Have you played black bear before?

Many times. It's not really all that fun compared to the others. Conditions are usually better at the other courses too.

I played Crystal Springs today. What a mess. Never seen that course so beat up before. All this rain I'd imagine has made it very difficult to maintain good course conditions.

Played Wild Turkey 2 weeks ago. Some holes were literally a swamp.

Pretty sure courses won't be normal again until next May.

Hey guys. Going to play 36 at crystal springs next Thursday. Wanted to play Wild Turkey and Ballyowen but Ballyowen will be closed for an outing till almost 3pm. Which other courses on campus do you recommend and I’m which order?

play wild turkey first, then crystal springs. turkey will warm you up b/c crystal is a bit tighter course.

Thanks. I’ve played WT before and really enjoyed it. Have you played black bear before?

Many times. It's not really all that fun compared to the others. Conditions are usually better at the other courses too.

I played Crystal Springs today. What a mess. Never seen that course so beat up before. All this rain I'd imagine has made it very difficult to maintain good course conditions.

If then, we have had much too much standing water and some of the courses should have closed when they were open.

played ballyowen yesterday, greens obviously wet still and supe fast, fairways were perfect, the grasses were cut down a decent amount and you actually have a chance to find the ball if u go in them off the tee.

pin location was nuts for 2 of the par 3s other then that looks great for this time of year.

played highpoint country club monday, little on the soggy side for everything but greens were alright, aerated a month ago so its another.one we shall play until......

I hit Flanders on Sunday afternoon for an emergency 18.

Agree with the above statement that no course will be back to normal conditions until the spring with all this rain. Flanders was still perfectly playable, but lots of standing water and some really poor / muddy fairway lies and washed out grass. I don't envy a superintendent right now -- Mother Nature always wins.

On the positive side, the bunkers were in shockingly good condition with all the rain -- crew out there must have been really busy getting them under control. The greens were fine -- VERY soft of course and my moon-ball iron shots were making massive crater ball marks, but putts rolled out great -- true and quick enough.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

last weekend played architects and then sunset valley -- both courses were damp, but not soaked.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I agree. Played Crystal last sunday (buddy had some free vouchers) and it was attrocious. Course was in horrible condition. Greens were punched and had a TON of sand on the greens. I understand punching and sand top dress but I have never seen it like this before. Fairways were horribly kept and not just due to the rain. They were sending people off without a fog delay. No kidding, for the first 4-5 holes, you couldnt see a thing. Lost 3 tee shots directly in the middle of the fairway and could barely see the approach shots. We almost thought it was a joke when they were telling us we were good to tee off. We had a 7:10am tee time. Around the greens were so chewed up. I know it has been a rough year weather wise but Iv'e never seen it this bad. It's almost like they know they have lost the course and just don't care about sending people out because they are still making the $$.

Dang looks fun but we have our courses Ryder cup Saturday

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

• 1 month later...

6 degrees at my house last night..........but high of 51 on Sunday -- that's like a nice fall day! Might be a little wet out there but I don't care if I get to walk, I'm hitting it. Anyone else in for an emergency 18 on Sunday?

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

6 degrees at my house last night..........but high of 51 on Sunday -- that's like a nice fall day! Might be a little wet out there but I don't care if I get to walk, I'm hitting it. Anyone else in for an emergency 18 on Sunday?
Ours is booked - architects at 10:39!

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty sure nothing in bergen county is open. The county courses were supposed to open up on monday, but that got pushed back one week to the 25th. Overpeck stayed open until the snow we got. Not sure it ever opened up again after the last snow.

Driver: Titleist 917 D3 /Oban Devotion 6x
3 wood: Taylor Made 2017 M1 w/ GD AD-DI 7x
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1/KBS tour hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP25/ Nippon 1150GH S
Wedges: 50,54 Callaway MD3 Chrome, 58 Titleist SM7
Putter: Odyssey O-works #9

New to the forums. I’m from Waren county. I used to be at Panther Valley but then the kids came along and I went from a single digit to 18. I’m getting back into it now. I actually got to play a dozen rounds last year, lol. If any members are in the area and interested in going out, I’m itching to start the season. Also trying to put a trip together to Pinehurst later in the summer so I’ve got to get in enough rounds to not embarrass myself.

• 2 weeks later...

> @Kevlar10 said:

> New to the forums. I’m from Waren county. I used to be at Panther Valley but then the kids came along and I went from a single digit to 18. I’m getting back into it now. I actually got to play a dozen rounds last year, lol. If any members are in the area and interested in going out, I’m itching to start the season. Also trying to put a trip together to Pinehurst later in the summer so I’ve got to get in enough rounds to not embarrass myself.

Hackettstown here.. PM me

> @cpeck said:

> looks like some crystal courses are going to open on thursday.

I was there on the range Sunday and the courses appeared to be in pretty good shape. I didn't play, but there was no standing water that I saw, and the bunkers looked to be in good shape. I will say, it was cart path only, which for Crystal Springs is a bit of a pain.

Played 9 holes at Hyatt Hills in Clark on Sunday. Conditions were not terrible for how early in the season it is. Greens were actually pretty quick, all things considered. The staff, layout, and pace of play all left something to be desired, and they were charging their normal summer rates ($30 for 9 walking). I guess what I'm saying is they are practically in their mid-season form.

> @Kevlar10 said:

> New to the forums. I’m from Waren county. I used to be at Panther Valley but then the kids came along and I went from a single digit to 18. I’m getting back into it now. I actually got to play a dozen rounds last year, lol. If any members are in the area and interested in going out, I’m itching to start the season. Also trying to put a trip together to Pinehurst later in the summer so I’ve got to get in enough rounds to not embarrass myself.

welcome! (morris county here)

played architects this past sunday -- greens were in great shape -- a bit of wind but otherwise the course was really in good condition for march - hopefully this is a sign of things to come for not just them, but the rest of the courses in the area.

playing Flanders blue/white (need a 4th if anyone wants to join us at 12:30) on saturday, and shawnee inn/resort on sunday morning.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Hey guys, hope the weathers getting better down there, I moved up to Boston toward the end of last year so if any of you are up in that area some time feel free to hit me up!

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

I drive by Minebrook in Hackettstown every day to and from work and was wowed with how green the course looked from how I saw it on Friday when I drove past. I was up at Crystal Springs on Saturday on the range (It was WINDY) and everything was still looking fairly dormant. I think the rain on Sunday has brought out some color to the courses. It's nice to see.

played Architects last weekend, Flanders yesterday evening. if the weather holds true - we should have a really awesome spring for greens and fairways.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @golfer07840 said:

> > @Kevlar10 said:

> > New to the forums. I’m from Waren county. I used to be at Panther Valley but then the kids came along and I went from a single digit to 18. I’m getting back into it now. I actually got to play a dozen rounds last year, lol. If any members are in the area and interested in going out, I’m itching to start the season. Also trying to put a trip together to Pinehurst later in the summer so I’ve got to get in enough rounds to not embarrass myself.

>

> Hackettstown here.. PM me

Washington Here. See you guys out there.