2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

$37.28 to PARK at the Players Championship on Saturday

DaddySwagMaster

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Finchem, you are one greedy, SOB! I would park somewhere off site and walk, but I'm going with my wife, and it's like 5 miles to the nearest ANYTHING from this golf course.

This may very well be my last PGA Tour event I go to because of this. Especially when you consider that The Masters has free parking for everyone, this is just pure, unadulterated GREED!!!

Damn! sounds like they are trying to discourage heavy traffic, road use and traffic back ups. Shuttle services are preferred at these large capacity events.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Parking (and shuttle) at US Open is included in ticket. Last I attended the BMW in 2013 parking/shuttle was included. At the old Western held at Coghill I used to park at the Convent that was beside the 15th hole and I think it was like $10. That's the convent that would have a "beat the nun" contest on the par 3 17th of course #1 (or was it #3?) - believe the fund raiser is still going including the "beat the nun" - a sister dressed in full habit would take on all comers at closest - recall that at least one year she won something like 75% of the time.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

My $.02

Parking is limited. This is why you have to buy it advance as it may/will sell out. The price is set high to encourage most people to find other ways of getting to the course as if it was cheap parking they would run out. They figure if you really want it you will pay for it.

• They have been very cool and offered free parking for groups of four or more.
  • They offer a $10 Shuttle from town from multiple locations.

I don't think the parking price is really a big deal but I leave in a big city where parking a for few hours downtown is $20.

Your spot on about limited parking and rates encourage car pooling

Parking (and shuttle) at US Open is included in ticket. Last I attended the BMW in 2013 parking/shuttle was included. At the old Western held at Coghill I used to park at the Convent that was beside the 15th hole and I think it was like $10. That's the convent that would have a "beat the nun" contest on the par 3 17th of course #1 (or was it #3?) - believe the fund raiser is still going including the "beat the nun" - a sister dressed in full habit would take on all comers at closest - recall that at least one year she won something like 75% of the time.

This^

Laugh if you will, but I was surprised just to hear that they charged ANYTHING for parking. I won't claim to be a seasoned spectator by any means, but I've attended all iterations of the 84 Lumber Classic when it was still around, the 2007 US Open, the 2010 US Women's Open, two years of the Champions Tour Constellation Players Championship, and soon....the 2016 US Open. Common theme? We've never had to pay for parking at any of those.

With that said, I'm more than familiar with paying top dollar for parking for large sports events....so that all makes sense, I just was totally ignorant to the fact that some tournaments do charge for parking.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-VR 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Full Toe 58c, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-players-championship/tickets/2016/Parking.html

Downtown shuttle service

Shuttles are available from downtown-area hotels to TPC Sawgrass for THE PLAYERS, Wednesday through Sunday of tournament week. Shuttles from the Jacksonville Landing and DoubleTree Riverfront will be available to hotel guests and for residents to "park and ride," providing a convenient and cost-effective way for fans to get to and from the tournament.

Fans can access the shuttles by purchasing a shuttle pass at the hotel (Omni Jacksonville, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, Lexington Hotel and DoubleTree Riverfront) front desks for $10. Shuttles will operate Wednesday through Sunday.

Pick Up Times

Hogan Street side of the Jacksonville Landing:

• 8 a.m.

• 9:30 a.m.

• 11 a.m.

• 12:30 p.m.

DoubleTree Riverfront:

• 8:25 a.m.

• 9:55 a.m.

• 11:25 a.m.

• 12:55 p.m.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-players-championship/tickets/2016/Parking.html

Downtown shuttle service

Shuttles are available from downtown-area hotels to TPC Sawgrass for THE PLAYERS, Wednesday through Sunday of tournament week. Shuttles from the Jacksonville Landing and DoubleTree Riverfront will be available to hotel guests and for residents to "park and ride," providing a convenient and cost-effective way for fans to get to and from the tournament.

Fans can access the shuttles by purchasing a shuttle pass at the hotel (Omni Jacksonville, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, Lexington Hotel and DoubleTree Riverfront) front desks for $10. Shuttles will operate Wednesday through Sunday.

Pick Up Times

• 8 a.m.

• 11 a.m.

DoubleTree Riverfront:

Well it looks like we found a good solution.

OP - Is there anything wrong with using this as an option? Sure it's not perfect, but it looks like the PGA Tour is providing a good alternative that meets your needs. With the 60% off discount, I think you have a pretty sweet deal.

Downtown shuttle service

Pick Up Times

• 8 a.m.

• 11 a.m.

DoubleTree Riverfront:

Don't they give you free chocolate chip cookies at Doubletree hotels too? Supposed to be only when you check in, but flirt with the desk attendant and you can make it work.

It's worth it for the cookie alone

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You can (ignorantly) judge me and call me whatever names you want. It still doesn't change the fact that Tim Finchem is a greedy SOB, and the parking at the Players is overpriced. And I can say that honestly, because I am speaking with my wallet. I looked at the price, vented here, and after further consideration, opted not to attend this tournament and pay that sort of price for parking.

And to everyone else here calling me all sorts of names, criticizing my rant as whatever; I am new here, and I think I've posted one or two other things here. NONE of you know me (unless you are from another golf forum fwiw). Ignorantly blasting in to me because I decided to complain here about overpriced parking gives me ZERO incentive to want to post anything going forward. Some of you might like the fact that I doubt I'll post anything else here, and you can call me whatever sorts of names you want. But this thread is a great example of how we are losing manners, and civility in public places. Would you talk like this to my face? No doubt that some of you are young enough to be my children. Frankly, if what I see is any indication of what the 20-something generation is like, your reputation as the entitlement generation is well deserved.

Yes. Anything I've posted in replying to you here, I'd say to your face ~ and then some. I've actually restrained myself in deference to the civility you claim is lacking. I twice posted and, within the context of my replies, included condolences for the loss of your son. You ignored that and other thoughtful remarks, though civility and decorum warrant some acknowledgment on your part. You did, however, offer a snarky response to my bemusement over the subject in general. You also have chosen to roundly ignore or dismiss every single positive suggestion, e.g. carpooling, using the shuttle, etc. And you've further failed to balance your parking upset with the fact, noted here repeatedly, that you're getting a fabulous deal in terms of ticket prices to a major sporting event.

It's clear that your original vent was not intended to initiate a logical discussion. You wanted to complain, have us smile and nod in agreement, and perhaps pile on to the complaints. I get it. Sometimes that's all we want in life: to b****, to be heard, and not to be challenged or even to hear potential solutions to our dissatisfaction. But guess what? Until and unless you own a forum based solely upon your monologues, dialogue will ensue. That is, after all, the purpose of a community. Most of the dialogue here has been thoughtful. This wasn't a pile-on of name-calling. But you chose to perceive it in that fashion, insisting that your opinion on the subject of parking and Tim Finchem himself is "fact". No. It isn't fact. It's your opinion. And the responses here are opinions, and suggestions. You don't want to hear it. You don't want to engage thoughtfully. You instead want to take your ball and go home, continue your pity party, and attempt to blame the rest of us of poor behavior. Time for a good, hard look in the mirror. You, sir, are the primary person in this entire discussion who has lacked civility.

Take it easy bro. There are FREE shuttles several places around town. You can also go on Craigslist and find people to rideshare into the tourney.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

I am not sure why the OP keeps lashing out at people on the forum for calling him names. I may have missed it but I have not seen anyone call him a name. Lots of people disagree with his points, and his tone, but I have seen no vulgar terms used to refer to him.

The only name calling I have seen is the OP insulting Tim Finchem and Mr. Finchem's mother.( He called her B**CH several times now).

I know people think SOB is somehow 'okay' to use, but it such an acidic insult as it refers to ones mother rather than the person themselves. I have no clue who Mrs. Finchem other than a mother of six and former school teacher, she may not even be still alive, but the cost of parking at PGA event hardly seems a good reason to refer to her in such vulgar way.

Downtown shuttle service

Pick Up Times

• 8 a.m.

• 11 a.m.

DoubleTree Riverfront:

Don't they give you free chocolate chip cookies at Doubletree hotels too? Supposed to be only when you check in, but flirt with the desk attendant and you can make it work.

It's worth it for the cookie alone

I agree. Those cookies are quite good

Imagine if Tiger were playing... it would be $47.62

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

You can (ignorantly) judge me and call me whatever names you want. It still doesn't change the fact that Tim Finchem is a greedy SOB, and the parking at the Players is overpriced. And I can say that honestly, because I am speaking with my wallet. I looked at the price, vented here, and after further consideration, opted not to attend this tournament and pay that sort of price for parking.

And to everyone else here calling me all sorts of names, criticizing my rant as whatever; I am new here, and I think I've posted one or two other things here. NONE of you know me (unless you are from another golf forum fwiw). Ignorantly blasting in to me because I decided to complain here about overpriced parking gives me ZERO incentive to want to post anything going forward. Some of you might like the fact that I doubt I'll post anything else here, and you can call me whatever sorts of names you want. But this thread is a great example of how we are losing manners, and civility in public places. Would you talk like this to my face? No doubt that some of you are young enough to be my children. Frankly, if what I see is any indication of what the 20-something generation is like, your reputation as the entitlement generation is well deserved.

Yes. Anything I've posted in replying to you here, I'd say to your face ~ and then some. I've actually restrained myself in deference to the civility you claim is lacking. I twice posted and, within the context of my replies, included condolences for the loss of your son. You ignored that and other thoughtful remarks, though civility and decorum warrant some acknowledgment on your part. You did, however, offer a snarky response to my bemusement over the subject in general. You also have chosen to roundly ignore or dismiss every single positive suggestion, e.g. carpooling, using the shuttle, etc. And you've further failed to balance your parking upset with the fact, noted here repeatedly, that you're getting a fabulous deal in terms of ticket prices to a major sporting event.

It's clear that your original vent was not intended to initiate a logical discussion. You wanted to complain, have us smile and nod in agreement, and perhaps pile on to the complaints. I get it. Sometimes that's all we want in life: to b****, to be heard, and not to be challenged or even to hear potential solutions to our dissatisfaction. But guess what? Until and unless you own a forum based solely upon your monologues, dialogue will ensue. That is, after all, the purpose of a community. Most of the dialogue here has been thoughtful. This wasn't a pile-on of name-calling. But you chose to perceive it in that fashion, insisting that your opinion on the subject of parking and Tim Finchem himself is "fact". No. It isn't fact. It's your opinion. And the responses here are opinions, and suggestions. You don't want to hear it. You don't want to engage thoughtfully. You instead want to take your ball and go home, continue your pity party, and attempt to blame the rest of us of poor behavior. Time for a good, hard look in the mirror. You, sir, are the primary person in this entire discussion who has lacked civility.

hear hear!

EF 10.5
EF 15
G425 19
P790 4-A
SM9 54, 58
Phantom X 5.5

Well said.

Instead of finding solutions to the problem or better alternatives, he's on an internet forum bitching about Tim Finchem.

And the "problem" costs $37.

I'd hate to know how he reacts to actual, REAL "problems".

The kicker to this whole thread is telling us all how greedy Tim Finchem and the PGA Tour is with regards to a parking pass at TPC Sawgrass, but that he'll drive from Tallahassee to Charlotte and buy tickets from that greedy SOB for the Wells Fargo next year.

The kicker to this whole thread is telling us all how greedy Tim Finchem and the PGA Tour is with regards to a parking pass at TPC Sawgrass, but that he'll drive from Tallahassee to Charlotte and buy tickets from that greedy SOB for the Wells Fargo next year.

Actually, it's in Wilmington next year with Quail Hollow hosting the PGA, so Wilmington is 45 minutes further away than Charlotte...about 8.5 hours. Just sayin.

Not to derail, but wanted to interject something that has bothered me for awhile regarding "golf and capitalism" and "public - everybody can play" golf courses.

Just a few years ago during the U.S Open broadcast at Pebble, I remember Nick Faldo (i believe it was him) mention on air that it only cost $11 to play Pebble Beach back in whatever date. Jim Nantz then responded that it was all "relative"... that minimum wage was only $1.50, hamburgers cost $.25 etc. and it was brushed over.

But ponder this. The guy working at McDonalds at the end of an 8 hour day would have made $12. With this one day's earnings, he could have played Pebble Beach on his day off and even afforded to buy hamburgers for his family. Now it would require a full week of work to play. That doesn't seem very relative to me.

Pebble Beach, Chambers Bay, Whistling Straits, Bandon Dunes, etc, etc.. Public golf?

Steve H
Golf, surfing, and sandwiches!

I've stopped going to sporting events because of the cost and honestly I can see everything better on TV. I can buy a TV for the same price as 4 tickets, have a better view of the action, no line to use the bathroom, $24 for a case of beer instead of 2 beers, no traffic to get home, etc... It was like $600 for 4 people to go to the Lions game last time I went and they got blown out and we left in the 3rd quarter.

The only advantage of going to the event is you don't have to listen to the announcers.

PING G20 9.5*
V-STEEL 15*
PING G5 19*
MP-30 4-PW
MP-T4 52*
PING Anser G2i

Take it easy bro. There are FREE shuttles several places around town. You can also go on Craigslist and find people to rideshare into the tourney.

Craigslist?! You crazy, you get these people in your car

tumblr_m3ry2jJkER1qlqpsmo1_500.jpg

Worth $37?

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

Not to derail, but wanted to interject something that has bothered me for awhile regarding "golf and capitalism" and "public - everybody can play" golf courses.

Just a few years ago during the U.S Open broadcast at Pebble, I remember Nick Faldo (i believe it was him) mention on air that it only cost $11 to play Pebble Beach back in whatever date. Jim Nantz then responded that it was all "relative"... that minimum wage was only $1.50, hamburgers cost $.25 etc. and it was brushed over.

But ponder this. The guy working at McDonalds at the end of an 8 hour day would have made $12. With this one day's earnings, he could have played Pebble Beach on his day off and even afforded to buy hamburgers for his family. Now it would require a full week of work to play. That doesn't seem very relative to me.

Pebble Beach, Chambers Bay, Whistling Straits, Bandon Dunes, etc, etc.. Public golf?

Just because courses are open to the public doesnt mean that everyone will be able to play them.

There's a car dealer that's an hour away that sells Porsche, but I can't afford it. That doesnt mean Im going to look down on someone else that can. I'll simply drive and buy what I can pay for.

Some people can pay for the $500 it would take to play 18 with a caddie at the Straits course at Whistling Straits. Unfortunately, that's not me (yet, anyway :taunt:) But there are some great golf courses all around my area that are both fun and affordable. I just focus on that.

Just because courses are open to the public doesnt mean that everyone will be able to play them.

There's a car dealer that's an hour away that sells Porsche, but I can't afford it. That doesnt mean Im going to look down on someone else that can. I'll simply drive and buy what I can pay for.

Some people can pay for the $500 it would take to play 18 with a caddie at the Straits course at Whistling Straits. Unfortunately, that's not me (yet, anyway :taunt:) But there are some great golf courses all around my area that are both fun and affordable. I just focus on that.

I will add that if you are making $500 a week you are probably not playing much golf, nor should you, as you have other bills to pay. As JA said above there are plenty of things I cannot afford, or choose not to. That most certainly DOES NOT mean they should lower their prices.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I will add that if you are making $500 a week you are probably not playing much golf, nor should you, as you have other bills to pay. As JA said above there are plenty of things I cannot afford, or choose not to. That most certainly DOES NOT mean they should lower their prices.

I know several guys that volunteer as starters and get to play for free. Courses at the end of the day will charge what they are able to get people to pay. AHHH, supply v. demand.