2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Rory's Outfit Thursday at The Players

jrgolfer37

These young guys are just bringing in distractions. What happened to just teeing it up and getting out there and shooting the lowest you can.

The concentration of a Norman, Faldo, Seve or T Watson beats the stupid pants off these new guys. Their intensity on the course burned.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he looks cool.

At least he doesn't button his top button like a LOSER.

Damn two time masters Champion LOSERS! ARRRGGGHHH!!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

All kidding aside, do any of you Nike apparel experts know when these Will hit the stores? or will they be a "you have 5 minutes to Slam Away at your keyboard, website only, 199.99 'Inspired by'" Thing?

I need an answer quick as my nieces birthday is in less than a month.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Conspiracy Theory: Rory and Rickie dress awfully on purpose in an attempt to bring shorts to the PGA-Tour.

They should wear shorts. The long pants nonsense is ridiculous. Rickie looks like someone who'll grow out of it. Rory looks like someone's ugly sister. (No offense intended.)

Just spoke to my sister. She's not offended.

You laugh today but in a year you'll be wearing them trying to hang with the cool kids. Don't bother to reply with "no I won't, I'll never..." because we've been here before with the flat-billed caps and I know what I see when I go out to the course.

Many of you here just need more of your buddies on the bandwagon before you jump on.

Surely you jest. Me in a flat bill ? Not a chance.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

All kidding aside, do any of you Nike apparel experts know when these Will hit the stores? or will they be a "you have 5 minutes to Slam Away at your keyboard, website only, 199.99 'Inspired by'" Thing?

I need an answer quick as my nieces birthday is in less than a month.

Between you and wolf I'm spitting my drink all over the place. Stop it !!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Pants like that are being worn around every major city today. I'm not sure what you mean by "accomplish" other than trying to extend current street fashion to golf clothes. Its not any different than golfers going to much more fitted clothes and flat front pants after that became tbe fashion norm. I'd say its a combo of Ricky and whoever else wanting to look what they consider stylish on the course today combined with it helping him stand out and be a great marketer/seller of clothes. Just look at GGs instagram and you'll understand. I'm sure there were similar threads when golfers stopped wearing baggy, pleated khakis and shirts two sizes too big.

All that said, I do wonder if Rory is just punking Ricky.

I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish, sure you are going to have a few individuals who like this but I can't imagine this look is going to be a moneymaker for them by any means.

Rory should be embarrassed right now selling out like that.

I'm betting , or hoping he lost a bet to Rickie and this is the price. Otherwise it's hard to explain.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Pants like that are being worn around every major city today. I'm not sure what you mean by "accomplish" other than trying to extend current street fashion to golf clothes. Its not any different than golfers going to much more fitted clothes and flat front pants after that became tbe fashion norm. I'd say its a combo of Ricky and whoever else wanting to look what they consider stylish on the course today combined with it helping him stand out and be a great marketer/seller of clothes. Just look at GGs instagram and you'll understand. I'm sure there were similar threads when golfers stopped wearing baggy, pleated khakis and shirts two sizes too big.

All that said, I do wonder if Rory is just punking Ricky.

I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish, sure you are going to have a few individuals who like this but I can't imagine this look is going to be a moneymaker for them by any means.

Rory should be embarrassed right now selling out like that.

it's mind boggling that this many of you have not seen a 20 or 30 something wearing this style.. been seeing it for more than a year where i live and when i travel .. y'all need to get out more, travel, hop in the jalopy and get out of town and see the world a bit .. i'm sure y'all were resistant to wearing a white belt or a flatbill or a flatish bill hat or spikeless shoes or flat front pants.. but you probably have by now ..

Cool thread.

All fowler ever gets is hate with this style, with another big name on tour rocking the same style I figured I would bring it to light. Apologies if the old timers comment got you a little upset.

No no. At 43 I wasn't at all bothered by that. It was the strangely Smug tone. As though you won something. And yes, it Appears that Nike and cobra marketing departments are anxiously trying to establish this is a Trend. So by all means "rock that look Bruh!"

Don't forget to double knot your draw string.

I just think it's funny when guys get hate for their style on the course. Golf is evolving from khaki's and earth tones. I wear joggers and low tops off the course, so i will probably end up wearing it on the course also. I don't feel like "i won anything" Just wanted to give it back a little to the guys (usually older) who give Fowler hate.

Go ahead and wear them......I have a feeling you would look really cute.

Look Fellas, come on now. There's no real harm here. Geez I don't care what anyone wants to wear. And if that's girls skinny jeans so be it.

This whole "Look at Fashion trends!" weepy Outcry is a little much. I mean not every one agrees on fashion but is it not fair to simply notice the Fact that Rory does look a little odd in middle school cheerleader warm up pants?

Some of you guys really have your skorts in a bunch.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Pants look familiar Rory?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Look Fellas, come on now. There's no real harm here. Geez I don't care what anyone wants to wear. And if that's girls skinny jeans so be it.

This whole "Look at Fashion trends!" weepy Outcry is a little much. I mean not every one agrees on fashion but is it not fair to simply notice the Fact that Rory does look a little odd in middle school cheerleader warm up pants?

nah i think its more the faux outrage being expressed that they're wearing something like a white belt circa 2010 or a flatbill circa 2012 .. the outcry has always been initiated by the ones whining that these new trends are "girly" or dont belong on a golf course.. there are at least 2 threads on this and they weren't started by the "weepy outrcry" guys .. don't you remember when you wore baggy jeans and XXL sweatshirts and got made fun of by your 45 yo uncle?? i can say that cos i'm 44 and i think we're about the same age .. its just now the shoe is on the other foot for us .. my point is why the outrage? it's in the popular culture its a pretty simple explanation .. flatbills didn't get their start on the golf course .. neither did snapbacks .. just as an example .. so why is everyone so upset 2 of the young guns are wearing what their wearing?

actually adam scott tried the joggers a few months back too .. so i guess the not so young guns got their skorts in a bunch too

It's not about "Against the Norm " you Argued the reason for them is extreme comfort. The Counter to that is so are Golf pants.

What about sweat pants? They are comfy! Or some of those plaid pajama pants? So, so, so Comfy.

They are worn because they are comfortable. They get hate because they are against the norm. The idea is to be comfortable and stylish on the course. Payne Stewart wore knickers, he was loved by seemingly all. I am sure he liked them because they were stylish to him and comfortable. Go work on your game, I'll be right there next to you with my sweat pants on.

Not at my club you won't LOL!

nah i think its more the faux outrage being expressed that they're wearing something like a white belt circa 2010 or a flatbill circa 2012 .. the outcry has always been initiated by the ones whining that these new trends are "girly" or dont belong on a golf course.. there are at least 2 threads on this and they weren't started by the "weepy outrcry" guys .. don't you remember when you wore baggy jeans and XXL sweatshirts and got made fun of by your 45 yo uncle?? i can say that cos i'm 44 and i think we're about the same age .. its just now the shoe is on the other foot for us .. my point is why the outrage? it's in the popular culture its a pretty simple explanation .. flatbills didn't get their start on the golf course .. neither did snapbacks .. just as an example .. so why is everyone so upset 2 of the young guns are wearing what their wearing?

actually adam scott tried the joggers a few months back too .. so i guess the not so young guns got their skorts in a bunch too

But you do agree.

The capri pants are weak, right?

Can someone explain to me why these pants are so flame worthy:

but these are stylish and acceptable:

They literally look like longer plus fours, and from the comments on here guys are acting like he's dressed so ridiculously.

Some guys can pull it off... others look like they just came from the sorority house.

But you do agree.

The capri pants are weak, right?

i'm numb to em now (i live in an urban area/hipsterville).. i have to say when i was in jr high we would fold our pants up, i think they call it cuffing your pants these days .. so hell it was basically the same ish .. all this stuff cycles .. so i saw this and thought well here we go .. someone told me recently cos i'm well into my 40's now and see what these kids are doing saying and wearing these days .. if you've worn the style once dont repeat it .. so rory, rickie, adam go on on rock those joggers .. me? nah not so much .. but i do wear slim fitting pants

but i will say i will never wear nor did i back in the day wear, those baggy a** triple pleated golf pants or metal tipped belts and i actually didn't back then cos i thought they were lame then .. or polo shirts that would be a XXL these days with sleeves that run down to my forearms .. so everyone has their breaking point!!

trust me .. i ve seen guys wearing the most outrageous stuff around here .. its just the latest trend .. no biggs .. i'm not kidding about suspenders

He is wearing joggers and low top nike shoes. Say what you want old timers, there is a new trend on tour! :superman:

For the sake of discussion, with Rory wearing them, who is next?

Maybe they'll let Rory and Ricky join the LPGA if they wear these...

Could be. They can shave their legs.

Hipsters be like,

Whats wrong with that ya old fogeys?!

Can someone explain to me why these pants are so flame worthy:

but these are stylish and acceptable:

They literally look like longer plus fours, and from the comments on here guys are acting like he's dressed so ridiculously.

Some guys can pull it off... others look like they just came from the sorority house.

Who is who?