2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

bsc,

absolutely love the Star Trek video. How appropriate given the current state of affairs.

We all know who Spock would be in this 'epic battle' ; )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Ninja,

There should be no issue with the fact that I disagree with your views on bounce, club design, and/or any other topic. At some point along the way you stopped 'discussing' and began 'lecturing'. I don't believe it's the topic but rather the delivery that's become polarizing as of late.

I don't believe it's the topic but rather the delivery that's become polarizing.

I believe the topic of bounce has been over for quite some time, but yet folks like Conrad keep bringing up issues with the "science" being discussed. That is a "delivery" issue from my perspective.

Also I was being trolled for the bounce discussion as far back as Confessions 11. There was lots of RUDE "delivery" served to me during that thread. And yes it was polarizing to me.

As far as me "lecturing" you, I apologize for that. It wasn't meant to be a lecture. It was meant to clarify your understanding of bounce. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me on the topic but I'm telling you that your understanding of the science of it is incorrect. And yes you can take this to the bank. What I've told you about bounce is 100% true and within the laws of physics. I have no issue with you not wanting to believe that. You simply posted something about it and I clarified it. Once you agreed to drop it and not discuss it, I believe I dropped it with you as well.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

This is exactly what I mean . . .

"As far as me "lecturing" you, I apologize for that. It wasn't meant to be a lecture. It was meant to clarify your understanding of bounce. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me on the topic but I'm telling you that your understanding of the science of it is incorrect. And yes you can take this to the bank. What I've told you about bounce is 100% true and within the laws of physics. I have no issue with you not wanting to believe that. You simply posted something about it and I clarified it. Once you agreed to drop it and not discuss it, I believe I dropped it with you as well."

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

"As far as me "lecturing" you, I apologize for that. It wasn't meant to be a lecture. It was meant to clarify your understanding of bounce. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me on the topic but I'm telling you that your understanding of the science of it is incorrect. And yes you can take this to the bank. What I've told you about bounce is 100% true and within the laws of physics. I have no issue with you not wanting to believe that. You simply posted something about it and I clarified it. Once you agreed to drop it and not discuss it, I believe I dropped it with you as well."

So if you said gravity wasn't real, I would be telling you the same thing (that is real, just like the detriments of bounce). I'm sorry if you think it is lecturing. I mean it as I'm telling you the truth. That's all.

Registered Bladeocrat

Ninja,

There should be no issue with the fact that I disagree with your views on bounce, club design, and/or any other topic. At some point along the way you stopped 'discussing' and began 'lecturing'. I don't believe it's the topic but rather the delivery that's become polarizing as of late.

I don't believe it's the topic but rather the delivery that's become polarizing.

I believe the topic of bounce has been over for quite some time, but yet folks like Conrad keep bringing up issues with the "science" being discussed. That is a "delivery" issue from my perspective.

Also I was being trolled for the bounce discussion as far back as Confessions 11. There was lots of RUDE "delivery" served to me during that thread. And yes it was polarizing to me.

As far as me "lecturing" you, I apologize for that. It wasn't meant to be a lecture. It was meant to clarify your understanding of bounce. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me on the topic but I'm telling you that your understanding of the science of it is incorrect. And yes you can take this to the bank. What I've told you about bounce is 100% true and within the laws of physics. I have no issue with you not wanting to believe that. You simply posted something about it and I clarified it. Once you agreed to drop it and not discuss it, I believe I dropped it with you as well.

OK, my understanding of bounce is faulty, And I may think I am getting bounce when I might not, but 80, 81, 79 in the last 3 rounds under windy conditions is good enough for me.

So if you said gravity wasn't real, I would be telling you the same thing (that is real, just like the detriments of bounce). I'm sorry if you think it is lecturing. I mean it as I'm telling you the truth. That's all.

In addition it's condescending.

I have no issues declaring you the winner if this will end your attempts to 'educate' me.

I don't need to be spoken to like I'm a village idiot. I've read a few books, played a few rounds, attended a few classes, and lived a long life.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

I gotta agree with my man Da Ninja.

I've read a few posts that were critical of what other Confessioners have posted and always thought to myself, why not just ignore it.

Seemingly the only rule of Confessions threads seems to have been the golden rule.

Personally, I like to read 99% of what you guys write, but I also have the ability to simply skim something that I'm not jazzed on reading.

I don't like when guys act like they have some kind of ownership over content in the thread like they moderate what's appropriate or not. The fun to me in the whole concept is to discuss anything you can stay civil and discuss and ignore everything that doesn't interest you or you can't discuss with civility.

I know that not all of you are interested in reading about every round of golf I play, but a few guys comment that they enjoy the continuity of seeing how my view of the game changes, so I've continued to post. But, I'll admit it bums me out when a post is made complaining there's too much detail about a guy's round, etc. - maybe it's jealousy when you're not getting to play or just plain rudeness, but I'm in the camp of ignore it and hope that this place returns to an environment where folks feel comfortable posting without being critiqued.

Maybe the threads have simply run their course.

As long as there is golf to discuss and there are those willing to share it and read it, I don't see how the threads have run their course.

And thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. And for the record I have completely ignored (but still gave a like) to some of your posts about your rounds. But I know you don't mind...which is why we are on the same page!

Registered Bladeocrat

In addition it's condescending.

I have no issues declaring you the winner if this will end your attempts to 'educate' me.

I don't need to be spoken to like I'm a village idiot. I've read a few books, played a few rounds, attended a few classes, and lived a long life.

It's not about declaring a winner or speaking to someone like they are an idiot. It's just the facts.

Registered Bladeocrat

I gotta agree with my man Da Ninja.

I've read a few posts that were critical of what other Confessioners have posted and always thought to myself, why not just ignore it.

Seemingly the only rule of Confessions threads seems to have been the golden rule.

Personally, I like to read 99% of what you guys write, but I also have the ability to simply skim something that I'm not jazzed on reading.

I don't like when guys act like they have some kind of ownership over content in the thread like they moderate what's appropriate or not. The fun to me in the whole concept is to discuss anything you can stay civil and discuss and ignore everything that doesn't interest you or you can't discuss with civility.

I know that not all of you are interested in reading about every round of golf I play, but a few guys comment that they enjoy the continuity of seeing how my view of the game changes, so I've continued to post. But, I'll admit it bums me out when a post is made complaining there's too much detail about a guy's round, etc. - maybe it's jealousy when you're not getting to play or just plain rudeness, but I'm in the camp of ignore it and hope that this place returns to an environment where folks feel comfortable posting without being critiqued.

Maybe the threads have simply run their course.

As long as there is golf to discuss and there are those willing to share it and read it, I don't see how the threads have run their course.

And thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. And for the record I have completely ignored (but still gave a like) to some of your posts about your rounds. But I know you don't mind...which is why we are on the same page!

Wait, what? I'm not on the same page..

You win.

To the crew . . .

I've said my peace as respectfully and eloquently as I can muster. It's been a fun ride. I won't stand in the way of a good discussion.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Matt,

If you ever want to trade round analysis I'm all ears. Fire off a PM and we will carry on from there.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Ironically I had an actual conversation with real golfers about bounce the other day. A couple of guys I play with had been unhappy with their lob wedges and bought new ones. To make a long story short, they decided to run 10 degree bounce in their 60's because they figured that would make them about the equivalent to where the bounce should be if it "ran with the set." Seemed like reasonable logic.

Ninja, I think some of the dissension comes from the fact that you so adamantly pronounce that your understanding of the science is "correct." I, for one, enjoy your passion for the journey and empathize with feeling like you're correct and have put the issue to rest, but I think a lot of us aren't so sure.

I don't honestly see how you can think bounce has no effect on turf interaction. Engineers of clubs have been making lower bounce in long irons and graduating it into the shorter clubs for a lot of years. Although I know you feel like you have all pertinent information regarding the physics of it, there's something convincing about the consistency with which bounce has been addressed by club designers for many years.

As for whether or not we all need wedges with specific bounce for different course conditions, I admit my ignorance, and have been really focusing on what I feel is the difference between my higher and lower bounce wedges, but have not come to any concrete conclusions other than the commonly held anecdotal belief that a higher bounce wants to skim along the surface and a lower bounce wants to dig. At some point, as I think PD is trying to express, we do have to agree to disagree. You may feel that your beliefs on the issue are supported by physics, but I think you have to respect that some other people may believe that your model is incomplete and inconsistent with their experience.

Although there may be plenty more golf to discuss, if we can't find a way to respectfully and enjoyably communicate about our passion for this game then the threads have run their course. I'm not pulling the plug, but it seems PD is at that point. I for one will miss him greatly and hope that isn't the case.

Ninja, I think some of the dissension comes from the fact that you so adamantly pronounce that your understanding of the science is "correct." I, for one, enjoy your passion for the journey and empathize with feeling like you're correct and have put the issue to rest, but I think a lot of us aren't so sure.

I understand that point/issue, Matt J. All I can say is that my understanding of the science is based on the same foundations that I understand gravity, Newton's laws of motions, and anything science based. What I'm explaining about bounce truly is to me basic physics fact. I'm as adamant as I am correct about it as anything else I understand scientifically. As I stated to PD, it is no different than saying gravity doesn't work the way it does. It is that basic to me.

And if others aren't so sure about what I'm saying is right about bounce, then I'm willing to continue to discuss it. But if I'm going to get trolled in the process instead of having an intelligent conversation about it, well then I'm going to turn it around on anyone that wants to discuss it that way. It's funny, only now the topic is "tired" or contentious, but there are a million open questions that I have posed to the "bounce believers" well before this point and almost all of them went unanswered. And I do believe on the contrary that I have answered every single question or concern about my physics of it. So if the conversation has degenerated, it is not because I didn't try to have a rational scientific discussion about it.

I don't honestly see how you can think bounce has no effect on turf interaction. Engineers of clubs have been making lower bounce in long irons and graduating it into the shorter clubs for a lot of years. Although I know you feel like you have all pertinent information regarding the physics of it, there's something convincing about the consistency with which bounce has been addressed by club designers for many years.

I have NEVER said it has no effect on turf interaction. In fact my statements about high bounce is foundationally based on its POOR turf interaction as compared to low bounce. That extra "hump" with high bounce is what makes interaction with the turf POOR.

As to the engineering of bounce, I have stated the theoretical ideal of bounce already and I don't think it is at all out of alignment with how low bounce clubs are engineered. All off my points have been simply about the physics of the detriments of higher bounce. I'm sorry if any of this hasn't been clear, but I believe that I have made this point before several times now.

As for whether or not we all need wedges with specific bounce for different course conditions, I admit my ignorance, and have been really focusing on what I feel is the difference between my higher and lower bounce wedges, but have not come to any concrete conclusions other than the commonly held anecdotal belief that a higher bounce wants to skim along the surface and a lower bounce wants to dig. At some point, as I think PD is trying to express, we do have to agree to disagree. You may feel that your beliefs on the issue are supported by physics, but I think you have to respect that some other people may believe that your model is incomplete and inconsistent with their experience.

And I'm willing to discuss where they may have incomplete interpretations with their experience and I'm open to understanding where I have gaps in mine, but I'm confident 100% in my physics and also those very same doubters don't even continue the conversation to share their experiences. PD wouldn't share any of his wedge experience but I offered to discuss it with him. Also as mentioned, there are a million questions out there that I have asked (remember my quiz?) and not one "bounce believer" has even entertained discussing them.

And I absolutely respect there is a perception that experience is contrary to the physics. I never said otherwise. It also does not mean the physics that I'm explaining isn't true.

Although there may be plenty more golf to discuss, if we can't find a way to respectfully and enjoyably communicate about our passion for this game then the threads have run their course. I'm not pulling the plug, but it seems PD is at that point. I for one will miss him greatly and hope that isn't the case.

I've apologized already if my posts have been viewed as disrespectful. I hope that my posts can be respected as well. I will miss PD too.

Registered Bladeocrat

Ninja, I think you know that I appreciate you and your posts. I didn't realize that you feel like you're being "trolled."

The only thing I take issue with in your last post is the use of "POOR." That seems to me to be a value determination and inability to account for the fact that some people have different preferences when it comes to turf interaction.

I know it seems basic to you, but I've tried to make the point a few times that a lot of thing seemed basic to a lot of people before they learned even more about the subject, gravity to name one of your examples.

I had tabled the bounce discussion personally because I could tell some were put off by the monotony of it. I also wanted to take some time to swing my wedges and try and connect more to what I think the differences truly are in their feel and performance. One positive is that I've opened my mind to using different wedges in different circumstances and I think my shots have improved.

Anyways, best to each of you and I hope to read a lot more posts in the Confessions.

Ninja, I think you know that I appreciate you and your posts. I didn't realize that you feel like you're being "trolled."

The only thing I take issue with in your last post is the use of "POOR." That seems to me to be a value determination and inability to account for the fact that some people have different preferences when it comes to turf interaction.

I know it seems basic to you, but I've tried to make the point a few times that a lot of thing seemed basic to a lot of people before they learned even more about the subject, gravity to name one of your examples.

I had tabled the bounce discussion personally because I could tell some were put off by the monotony of it. I also wanted to take some time to swing my wedges and try and connect more to what I think the differences truly are in their feel and performance. One positive is that I've opened my mind to using different wedges in different circumstances and I think my shots have improved.

Anyways, best to each of you and I hope to read a lot more posts in the Confessions.

Matt J, my use of POOR turf interaction was based on the pure physics of it (high bounce) and not anyone's personal experience. It's just the theoretical facts about it. (And yes I can "account" for why others may experience what they do.)

And also I'm doing exactly what you tried with explaining "basic" facts with others. I'm trying to expand the understanding of it and I get that not all will understand it at first (or ever).

Registered Bladeocrat

All I can muster (and this most assuredly be met with a yes-but)... is that we started off here at an oasis in the land of internet vipers, braggarts, trolls, and who out-scored who. It was so "other" oriented and fun it was indescribable. Anyone who happens to have been here at the time and would deny that fact is in denial.

Everyone's journey was considered valid cause he/she is a golfer - a flawed one - willing to confess as much. The oasis we had - the energy we all put into traveling together arm in arm.... that's changed.

You see I'm already disappointed entropy took hold here - and that little oasis became more about who has the last word and the biggest baddest best declaration.

Shame on me for those tears. I miss what confessions was and shame on me for ever thinking it would continue to be that oasis where the focus was the other person ahead of ourselves.

So go ahead and "yes but" this one. Score points. Play offense - defense - whatever you like cause now that Confessions turned into that versus what it was at the onset... go right ahead and take one more typical forum dump on it and drive one more nail in the good old days of what it was when the ship left harbor in those early days.

Shame on me. What ever possessed me to think this time it would be different and why in heaven's name did I believe it had a fighting chance of lasting? Its gone and nothing now can save it. We can block each other - bicker - rationalize - "yes but" - fix blame - walk away for good.

It doesn't change anything in terms of paradise lost. No action or reaction can un-ring the bell. It's too late for that one. Stay, bail, yell, sit, stand, blame someone, or blame yourself. It's done now. A successful transition of Confessions to internet norm managed to happen and I just happen to be the first one to call the patient DOA. But - the NEW confessions has arrived. That one will last forever.

Congrats team. We can at least say we had it - even if only for a while.

Sorry for the Late chime in for equipment mms t haha.

When I started golf about 7 or so years ago I stayed with that setup for like 4 years. Then I became a member here and saw how terrible it all was haha. I had a title missy 905 t driver that I win in a raffle, no name fw woods, Nike pro cavities (not vr pro. These were like the installment right after the slingshots haha) some random wedge and a odyssey putter.

Then o went through about 6 iron sets and 8 drivers and who knows putters since moving to Charleston in 2012 haha. All that is done though. My bag is what I want now and I'm so happy with it. Only thing I need is a 52* wedge and some sweet headcovers :).

I love tinkering though. Who knows how long the driver will stay in the bag. Hopefully a long time but cobra has some nice stuff man. Also I do enjoy trying putters. Irons I think are safe for a long time. No need to change them up. Just need to get some different shafts in them.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Well that's deperesskng guys ?

Any one catch that girl walking down the beach and this song wmjumps into your head

Also reminds me of the sandlot haha. Happy humo day gentlemen and have fun out there. The sun is (almost) shining and I think the rain is going to hold off for a whole couple of hours.

Forever Changing at this point.......

All I can muster (and this most assuredly be met with a yes-but)... is that we started off here at an oasis in the land of internet vipers, braggarts, trolls, and who out-scored who. It was so "other" oriented and fun it was indescribable. Anyone who happens to have been here at the time and would deny that fact is in denial.

Everyone's journey was considered valid cause he/she is a golfer - a flawed one - willing to confess as much. The oasis we had - the energy we all put into traveling together arm in arm.... that's changed.

You see I'm already disappointed entropy took hold here - and that little oasis became more about who has the last word and the biggest baddest best declaration.

Shame on me for those tears. I miss what confessions was and shame on me for ever thinking it would continue to be that oasis where the focus was the other person ahead of ourselves.

So go ahead and "yes but" this one. Score points. Play offense - defense - whatever you like cause now that Confessions turned into that versus what it was at the onset... go right ahead and take one more typical forum dump on it and drive one more nail in the good old days of what it was when the ship left harbor in those early days.

Shame on me. What ever possessed me to think this time it would be different and why in heaven's name did I believe it had a fighting chance of lasting? Its gone and nothing now can save it. We can block each other - bicker - rationalize - "yes but" - fix blame - walk away for good.

It doesn't change anything in terms of paradise lost. No action or reaction can un-ring the bell. It's too late for that one. Stay, bail, yell, sit, stand, blame someone, or blame yourself. It's done now. A successful transition of Confessions to internet norm managed to happen and I just happen to be the first one to call the patient DOA. But - the NEW confessions has arrived. That one will last forever.

Congrats team. We can at least say we had it - even if only for a while.

This isn't aimed at you Reason, this is just for us all...

So, what's nice about being an old person...sorry, older, is that you get to look back on your life and see things you should have done differently, maybe the bad things, and then you are happy for the good ones. You are happy for the friends you have, and miss dearly the ones who came and went. One thing you learn is to never give up. And you also learn to not be so full of pride (oh yes, especially guys) that you can't reach out to, those who meant a lot most to you in some way even though you may not have realized it, and just undo a bad conversation, or situation you got yourself into and make it right. It only takes a short time to allow yourself to build walls between yourself and others, but when you look back, it is part of what you regret the rest of your life. Life is too short to allow petty situations to rob you of something you really like, or people whom in general you have many things in common with. You may not always completely agree with someone, but if everyone on this planet were exactly like you or me, it would be a very boring place, and even we would get agitated with ourselves occasionally. Never be afraid to apologize, never be afraid to make things right. Please consider thinking how you may feel someday when you are older, and have gray hair, and wish you had made different choices, even in simple instances... how you will feel then, will actually help with how you feel now...

I enjoy reading everyone's posts, everyday. I may not always comment, other days I can't stop posting. I have ups and downs, being stuck in "life limbo" sucks and it's a constant battle to stay positive. I look forward to hanging out and reading along everyday. I respect each and everyone of you, every single one of you has helped me through the toughest stretch of my life, and I sincerely thank you.

If you all feel like taking a break, or calling it, I respect that decision. Whatever happens, you all have a friend in me.

Matt J, my use of POOR turf interaction was based on the pure physics of it (high bounce) and not anyone's personal experience. It's just the theoretical facts about it. (And yes I can "account" for why others may experience what they do.)

And also I'm doing exactly what you tried with explaining "basic" facts with others. I'm trying to expand the understanding of it and I get that not all will understand it at first (or ever).

Poor doesn't seem very scientific to me. Seems like there should be some other way to describe it. More forgiving maybe :)

I don't know, buddy. I'm a "fixer" - I've always enjoyed spending time with a lot of different personality types from all different walks of life. I can enjoy each of them, but it's harder for me to be in the middle when friends don't get along than to deal with someone who doesn't like me.

Headed out for an early morning round. We're supposed to get temps in the hundreds over the weekend. First round as a member of a different club. As David Bowie said, "turn and face the change, ch ch changes."

I enjoy reading everyone's posts, everyday. I may not always comment, other days I can't stop posting. I have ups and downs, being stuck in "life limbo" sucks and it's a constant battle to stay positive. I look forward to hanging out and reading along everyday. I respect each and everyone of you, every single one of you has helped me through the toughest stretch of my life, and I sincerely thank you.

If you all feel like taking a break, or calling it, I respect that decision. Whatever happens, you all have a friend in me.

Hammer, I'm always around, bro.

To everyone else, I'll own up to my role in carrying the bounce discussion on longer than needed. If anyone felt disrespected by anything I said, I want to be clear in the fact that nothing I said was meant to be disrespectful. Part of the allure of these Confessions threads was being able to laugh at each other and ourselves. In that tradition, we would occasionally "break each others balls". That being said....

....Ninja, if you felt I was being condescending, mocking and a troll then, I'll admit we exchanged a few barbs. I didn't think they were intended to be taken personal. If they were intended to be that way then, you and I are both guilty of this behavior.

Time will tell if I unplug. Right now, I'm not always as comfortable as I once was discussing golf related experiences that I have with the swing or equipment.

Poor doesn't seem very scientific to me. Seems like there should be some other way to describe it. More forgiving maybe :)

I don't know, buddy. I'm a "fixer" - I've always enjoyed spending time with a lot of different personality types from all different walks of life. I can enjoy each of them, but it's harder for me to be in the middle when friends don't get along than to deal with someone who doesn't like me.

Headed out for an early morning round. We're supposed to get temps in the hundreds over the weekend. First round as a member of a different club. As David Bowie said, "turn and face the change, ch ch changes."

When all high bounce does is either SLOW the clubhead down through the turf (<- layman's scientific explanation) and increase the likelihood of hitting the ground (<- another layman's scientific explanation), then technically I would describe the interaction with the turf as POOR. Plus I had already described the technical issues, so I thought POOR was a good word. There's definitely nothing forgiving about high bounce from the pure science perspective.

I definitely don't try to get in the middle of my friends quarreling. And for sure I have no issue with differing perspectives and personalities. That's why I like these threads.

Have a good round at the new course!

Registered Bladeocrat

To everyone else, I'll own up to my role in carrying the bounce discussion on longer than needed. If anyone felt disrespected by anything I said, I want to be clear in the fact that nothing I said was meant to be disrespectful. Part of the allure of these Confessions threads was being able to laugh at each other and ourselves. In that tradition, we would occasionally "break each others balls". That being said....

....Ninja, if you felt I was being condescending, mocking and a troll then, I'll admit we exchanged a few barbs. I didn't think they were intended to be taken personal. If they were intended to be that way then, you and I are both guilty of this behavior.

Time will tell if I unplug. Right now, I'm not always as comfortable as I once was discussing golf related experiences that I have with the swing or equipment.

MC it is all good between you and I. I have no issue exchanging retorts with you and I respected that you owned up to your own contributions to the bounce discussion. I only brought up the point about getting trolled to highlight that the "toxicity" brought to the thread is "owned" by several participants. I had no issue with any posts up until I kept getting (passive aggressively) called out for mine, especially when the points have been made by all already and we should have already moved on. This is why I suggested to some to ignore my posts rather than to keep calling them out. So I don't mean to belabor the past with you and I have always enjoyed our banter and "barbs".

Registered Bladeocrat

Just checked in

Slowly catching up

Glad no one’s head exploded

Stu hope you did not get too wet down your way.

Hope your church had some good insurance on the equipment

Happy BD Hammy! Nice you got out!

Happy BD to Mrs. 61

May was a good month

My Mrs. 61 just went to 62

When I saw the thread title, I thought it referred to club heads exploding. Years ago when I worked at a course, we had a strange phenomenon occur - quite a few people bringing in Taylormade iron heads that had flown off their shafts. Of course, there were always wood heads splitting, cracking, and breaking into pieces. I seem to remember finding pieces of black Walter Hagen woods with some regularity.

Just checked in

Slowly catching up

Glad no one’s head exploded

Stu hope you did not get too wet down your way.

Hope your church had some good insurance on the equipment

Happy BD Hammy! Nice you got out!

Happy BD to Mrs. 61

May was a good month

My Mrs. 61 just went to 62

When I saw the thread title, I thought it referred to club heads exploding. Years ago when I worked at a course, we had a strange phenomenon occur - quite a few people bringing in Taylormade iron heads that had flown off their shafts. Of course, there were always wood heads splitting, cracking, and breaking into pieces. I seem to remember finding pieces of black Walter Hagen woods with some regularity.

Unfortunately it was apropos without meaning to be. Just the wrong heads. Welcome to the thread.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4