Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Just read a tweet. Tiger lost a sock in the dryer.

Wait... standby....

He found it.

Phew. Close one there.

That'd go 15 pages in Tour talk.

LOL - But but but but.... His hat was blue. And his caddie married a gray ferret. And did you see those pants? And let's be real here - we all know has a twin named Rupert who has a giant berry farm where Jurassic Park iI was filmed.

:smilie_nike:

Scoster has become such a slacker. What is he down to? A post a week? Weak!

Maybe we should get him a set of GMax irons with senior graphite shafts in them.

Where's Fellaheen? Aha, his Paypal account is flush. I know what he's up to.

Whatever happened to the husband of Mrs. Crab??

Stu, hey man, don't run too hard bro!! Gotta save posting energy!

I guess it's "call out" night haha.

Benden, wake up! It's 6AM where you're at. You have a tee time!

Ok Ok I get the hint. I am a lazy (I prefer efficient) poster. Actually just busy chasing grandkids and so happy to be there. I will leave you with a golf funny:

And something not so funny:

Happy Memorial Weekend to all my Confessing friends

Enjoy! See ya on the web!

Thanks Reasy I'm now listening and drumming along to "Sally" songs, first up Eric Clapton, followed by Gucci Crew LOL Whoooooaaaaaa ohhh oh o Sally, (whew) dat girl

That's some old school rap. LOL were you even born when that came out?

Had to look up the year, 1987. I was 4 lol! Listened to some of that and 2 Live Crew in middle school hahahaha. Corrupted from a young age. My first 2 CD's were given to me by a visiting cousin Derek, Snoop Dogg "Doggystyle" and Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream" I was in the 5th grade :)

I have both of those CDs. And I have some 2 Live Crew too! LOL "Me So Horny" never gets old.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I watched a man at Quail Hollow literally threaten to pulverize another guy over that mashed potatoes bit. And it clearly would have gone in favor of the angry dude. The day is coming when it finally escalates out there and fights breaks out. Tic-toc on that one.

It was probably one of Quail's members that got mad at the guy and threatened him. I know some members there and those folks are prim and proper ladies and gentlemen not stuffy by any means but prim and proper good folks.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Scoster has become such a slacker. What is he down to? A post a week? Weak!

Maybe we should get him a set of GMax irons with senior graphite shafts in them.

Where's Fellaheen? Aha, his Paypal account is flush. I know what he's up to.

Whatever happened to the husband of Mrs. Crab??

Stu, hey man, don't run too hard bro!! Gotta save posting energy!

I guess it's "call out" night haha.

Benden, wake up! It's 6AM where you're at. You have a tee time!

Ok Ok I get the hint. I am a lazy (I prefer efficient) poster. Actually just busy chasing grandkids and so happy to be there. I will leave you with a golf funny:

And something not so funny:

Happy Memorial Weekend to all my Confessing friends

Sad thing is most folks have really forgotten what Memorial Day is all about in reality or a combination of don't know or care. For the record this is one veteran that does not forget---ever---- I was lucky I came home in one piece and of sound mind-- I am going to reflect on that last statement a second I was really blessed. I had never seen that cartoon before but it gives a dose of reality and you can bet your last dollar it is permantally etched in my mind thanks for posting that

Thanks Reasy I'm now listening and drumming along to "Sally" songs, first up Eric Clapton, followed by Gucci Crew LOL Whoooooaaaaaa ohhh oh o Sally, (whew) dat girl

That's some old school rap. LOL were you even born when that came out?

Had to look up the year, 1987. I was 4 lol! Listened to some of that and 2 Live Crew in middle school hahahaha. Corrupted from a young age. My first 2 CD's were given to me by a visiting cousin Derek, Snoop Dogg "Doggystyle" and Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream" I was in the 5th grade :)

I have both of those CDs. And I have some 2 Live Crew too! LOL "Me So Horny" never gets old.

I keep forgetting to have a Smashing Pumkins jam session. I got some new earphones, great sound quality and they're noise reducing. I can dial in the volume and get the perfect mix of track and drums. I think I played for almost 3 hours today. And I thought I was rusty, it was like riding a bike! Anyway, my favorite 2 live crew song in 7th grade (geez) was "effingham shop", I knew and still kinda know all the words LOL

^^^ Hammer while we are on the subject of music--- We had a severe thunderstorm roll through 2 Fridays ago. Lightning evidently hit our church destroyed the lighting in the sancturary got some of the computers and gasp the Behringer board. We still do not know what happened or when. All that equipment was off and on surge protectors. I have my thoughts that it struck and came through the ground and back fed. When powered up everything in the board goes to the red max zone even with the channels muted on the 10 through 20 channel zone the others are dead. The funny thing is the storm did not get the amps. We have the old Yamaha board temp hooked up by the choir and between the piano and organ. It also got the organ. They have had electrical engineers and insurance adjusters and investigators over there the last 2 weeks trying to figure all of this out. It also got all of the overhead speakers. Last Sunday I had to run an impromptu training session on the old board because I was the only one left on the sound team that knew how to run it besides the youth minister. I have been trucking a lot lately and so I have not been involved during the week with the "investigation" I do drop in some from time to time and add thoughts. I told one of those electrical engineers my thoughts and told him to check the grounds and I would bet him $100 that all the equipment that got fried shared a common or cross ground and that the amps shared a different one. This cat looked at me like I had lobsters growing out of my ears. He informed me that he had a degree in electrical engineering and he did not think so. I told him I was a Genuine North Charlotte Redneck and had a degree in Redneck Engineering and something he evidently did not have--- common sense---- I was told to quit messing with the engineers and investigators---- OK I replied rewire the frigging thing and replace my board and move on with it that is what we paid insurance for!!!---- Ran into two of our members yesterday at my favorite restaurant and he is a retired electrician no engineer but a real electrician and he agrees with my "common sense theory" all the way---- He is one of the members in my corner saying get on with it fix the problem replace the equipment !!! It felt real funny last week sitting up there between the organ and choir on the 9:00 AM service. I have been there 7 years and have ran the sound from day 1. I have never sat anywhere in that church in any service in 7 years but in "Stu's Corner" (as the older members call it) and it felt dammed odd sitting where I was.

Funny "mashed potatoes" type story. I was watching the Irish Open last week on GC. Rory tee's off and some random dude yell's "get in the hole" and immediately someones else sarcastically says "get out of the course" toward the dude who yelled followed by the gallery having a good chuckle LOL.

Haha, I'm glad to hear gallery members are "working the problem", lol. I hope

someone caught the guy on their phone and put up a youtube of him. We gotta

out these guys!!

Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. I've heard all the arguments here on WRX about it. I'm not a fan of it personally. Because it's quiet when someone hits the dumb things yelled really stand out. I'd rather there be constant noise than some random stinky drunk dude trying to be funny.

"Get off the course". Ha ha. I like that one.

I can't stand the moronic shouting personally. I wish the PGA Tour would take action, but they won't. I'm just thankful that by and large, this disease does not seem to have infected the European Tour. What I really can't fathom is that the idiots shouting these things must actually think they're being funny / clever. Just goes to show how stupid some people are.

Sorry about your church Stu...I think there may have been a similar incident like that a long time ago, I remember hearing about the notice pasted on the church door...

"Due to the severe thunder storm last night, we have no power. The Lord will be doing His sermon on the mount this morning, thank you for understanding..." :)

He informed me that he had a degree in electrical engineering and he did not think so. I told him I was a Genuine North Charlotte Redneck and had a degree in Redneck Engineering and something he evidently did not have--- common sense----

:rofl: Stu, that is classic. Good on you. I find common sense is both underrated and increasingly rare. Smarts and intelligence are not to be confused. Luckily I seem to have both. ;)

I was in Toronto last weekend and went for a fitting at Modern Golf. I have never been fit for anything in my life (at least properly, using Trackman), and it was an eye opening experience. I worked with fitter John, who was a great guy and we focussed on the top end of the bag - driver, fairway and hybrid.

We started off by getting a baseline on my existing clubs and John worked hard to maximise their performance before we moved on to testing new stuff. We probably spent longest on dialling in the hybrid, a process during which we found the Accra FX 200 series worked really well for me. It's smooth, mid launch and spin with a nice kick through impact, which I like. Dispersion was also outstanding. The advantage of this line is that the shafts are matched so the driver, fairway and hybrid shaft all have the same feel and performance characteristics. Head wise, the Titleist H1 out performed everything else by some margin.

In terms of driver, again we established a baseline with my current driver (Titleist 915 D2, which you may know I have not been happy with). The first club he handed me was the TM M2. Now, I have never been a TM guy and, frankly, have avoided their products like the plague over the last 15 years. This is partly because I hate their marketing BS and partly because the last driver of theirs I owned was a complete POS. Anyway, I remained open minded and after hitting some with the M2, it became very clear that this is a great driver and, paired with the Accra, was easily the best for me. Sound and feel of this club was also excellent and I love the way it sets up at address.

Now, the most important thing I learned was about attack angle. John pointed out that I was losing distance on my driver because I had a negative angle of attack i.e. I was hitting down on it a little. We made a few set up adjustments so the ball was further forward and I had more spine tilt. I then tried to hit up on the ball. I gained around 20 yards just changing from a negative to a positive angle of attack with the driver, and with the same swing speed. This links back to the Trackman video I posted here a few weeks back. Very eye opening indeed.

All in all, it was a very worthwhile experience. I will be definitely be going back next year to test some iron and wedge shafts.

It between shots, we talked about various golf related things. We got onto the topic of PXG and John mentioned they are selling a lot of their clubs. We also discussed Srixon whose irons both he and I use. He said Modern Golf were approached by Srixon about selling their equipment and subsequently sent some test samples. When they tested the Srixon stuff against everything else, he said it blew the competition away, including PXG. He said they couldn't believe how good the stuff was, especially for the price point it's at. Whilst that is entirely anecdotal, it was interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, I managed to get a few snaps whilst I was there. I made sure I got some requisite blade shots to keep you all happy. It's a great set up they have for sure.

Big Stu, in theory your idea makes perfect sense. If the electrical is ran through more than one panel and those panels have a seperate service and ground then it's plausible that the only circuits that would be affected are those that share a common ground. If the other service isn't tied into the same grounding then only one service could have absorbed the strike. Its the same when you overload a circuit. It only blows one fuse or trips one breaker. Not all of them.

Mr Wolf, that place looks awesome. That had to be a cool experience. Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't get too hung up on using an M2. If you like the way it sets up and your hitting that much better, it's no-brainer. Twenty extra yards and I'd get past that real fast. Lol.

The Srixon stuff flies a little under the radar. Cleveland, Srixon, and XXIO are all the same company. They make good stuff. Unfortunately, Srixon doesn't have a lot of iron offerings in lefty. My bro-in-law is good friends with a higher up in the company. I was told next time I was in SoCal to come in for a fitting.

When you are on the first tee, you are always at even par, that's why some people don't play at all, and they still beat you...

There is no golf rule requiring a rough, mowers just think it's funny...

Old Tom Morris' dad, Even More Older Tom Morris didn't play golf

Bunkers should never be around the green, by then you've suffered enough...

'Play it as it lies' is a term in golf originally used for sex...

Before birds got wise to the game, many good shots were named for killing them

A Mulligan should only be used when a golfer

Sorry, let me have another shot at that... there should be no such thing as a Mulligan...

Mr Wolf, that place looks awesome. That had to be a cool experience. Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't get too hung up on using an M2. If you like the way it sets up and your hitting that much better, it's no-brainer. Twenty extra yards and I'd get past that real fast. Lol.

The Srixon stuff flies a little under the radar. Cleveland, Srixon, and XXIO are all the same company. They make good stuff. Unfortunately, Srixon doesn't have a lot of iron offerings in lefty. My bro-in-law is good friends with a higher up in the company. I was told next time I was in SoCal to come in for a fitting.

Yeah it was a first class operation. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. The guys there were very friendly and knowledgeable as well.

You're right about the Srixon stuff too. They area huge in Japan and have the Dunlop SRI money behind them so have very deep pockets. Personally I'm not a big fan of the Cleveland wedges due to the rounded leading edge but again they are top drawer in terms of quality.

If you have a chance to test their clubs do it. Not sure if they make the 945's in lefty but I can see you liking them if you're playing 68's. They are a sweet, sweet club.

Wolf,

Obviously a high end fittIng experience with what appears to be high end products. What brands do they offer for the masses?

Happy you enjoyed the outing.

JR Golf has moved to my local area. They carry Wishon, Miura and Alpha products. I'm intrigued by the operation.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I was in Toronto last weekend and went for a fitting at Modern Golf. I have never been fit for anything in my life (at least properly, using Trackman), and it was an eye opening experience. I worked with fitter John, who was a great guy and we focussed on the top end of the bag - driver, fairway and hybrid.

We started off by getting a baseline on my existing clubs and John worked hard to maximise their performance before we moved on to testing new stuff. We probably spent longest on dialling in the hybrid, a process during which we found the Accra FX 200 series worked really well for me. It's smooth, mid launch and spin with a nice kick through impact, which I like. Dispersion was also outstanding. The advantage of this line is that the shafts are matched so the driver, fairway and hybrid shaft all have the same feel and performance characteristics. Head wise, the Titleist H1 out performed everything else by some margin.

In terms of driver, again we established a baseline with my current driver (Titleist 915 D2, which you may know I have not been happy with). The first club he handed me was the TM M2. Now, I have never been a TM guy and, frankly, have avoided their products like the plague over the last 15 years. This is partly because I hate their marketing BS and partly because the last driver of theirs I owned was a complete POS. Anyway, I remained open minded and after hitting some with the M2, it became very clear that this is a great driver and, paired with the Accra, was easily the best for me. Sound and feel of this club was also excellent and I love the way it sets up at address.

Now, the most important thing I learned was about attack angle. John pointed out that I was losing distance on my driver because I had a negative angle of attack i.e. I was hitting down on it a little. We made a few set up adjustments so the ball was further forward and I had more spine tilt. I then tried to hit up on the ball. I gained around 20 yards just changing from a negative to a positive angle of attack with the driver, and with the same swing speed. This links back to the Trackman video I posted here a few weeks back. Very eye opening indeed.

All in all, it was a very worthwhile experience. I will be definitely be going back next year to test some iron and wedge shafts.

It between shots, we talked about various golf related things. We got onto the topic of PXG and John mentioned they are selling a lot of their clubs. We also discussed Srixon whose irons both he and I use. He said Modern Golf were approached by Srixon about selling their equipment and subsequently sent some test samples. When they tested the Srixon stuff against everything else, he said it blew the competition away, including PXG. He said they couldn't believe how good the stuff was, especially for the price point it's at. Whilst that is entirely anecdotal, it was interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, I managed to get a few snaps whilst I was there. I made sure I got some requisite blade shots to keep you all happy. It's a great set up they have for sure.

Wow, what an awesome place Wolf!!

I wish we had a place like that where I live. We have Dick's Sporting Goods................ :bad:

I'm TOOLed! Got wiped out yesterday

When you are on the first tee, you are always at even par, that's why some people don't play at all, and they still beat you...

Sorry, let me have another shot at that... there should be no such thing as a Mulligan...

Hmmm...

I thought improving your lie was originally used for sex. ;)

no.... that's when you change your story (like an option play) cause the first one obviously is not the truth...

Wolf,

Obviously a high end fittIng experience with what appears to be high end products. What brands do they offer for the masses?

JR Golf has moved to my local area. They carry Wishon, Miura and Alpha products. I'm intrigued by the operation.

A good question PD. I don't want to give the impression that MG only stocks the super high end stuff. They carry most of the major OEM's (TM, Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway etc) as well and the more expensive stuff (Muira, Epon, PXG). They also have a 'brand agnostic' approach to fitting, which I like, so they're not pushing any one manufacturer over another. They are also very happy to work within budget constraints.

Haha, now I know why it got changed to "breakfast ball". At the turn it's time for

lunch and by 18 it's dinner time. Give people an inch..................

So one of my buds tops his drive 70 yards and says "I'll take my breakfast ball".

So he tees it up and hits his 2nd drive in the water. So he says "I'll just play my

first ball and save my breakfast ball". OGA rules RULE!

Wolf,

A good question PD. I don't want to give the impression that MG only stocks the super high end stuff. They carry most of the major OEM's (TM, Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway etc) as well and the more expensive stuff (Muira, Epon, PXG). They also have a 'brand agnostic' approach to fitting, which I like, so they're not pushing any one manufacturer over another. They are also very happy to work within budget constraints.

Interesting too that he said PXG is selling well. I've read that other places. We

all know about price points. We all know too that a pretty large segment of the

golf world is affluent and for whom the PXG prices are pocket change.

After all, ProV1s sell like hotcakes even though they are the highest priced

balls on the market. Marketing WRX!

Yeah it was a first class operation. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. The guys there were very friendly and knowledgeable as well.

You're right about the Srixon stuff too. They area huge in Japan and have the Dunlop SRI money behind them so have very deep pockets. Personally I'm not a big fan of the Cleveland wedges due to the rounded leading edge but again they are top drawer in terms of quality.

If you have a chance to test their clubs do it. Not sure if they make the 945's in lefty but I can see you liking them if you're playing 68's. They are a sweet, sweet club.

IMHO when Cleveland quit making the old 588s they quit making wedges and we can thank the almighty all knowing USGA for that. When those wedges became "non conforming" I bought every one I stumbled across CHEAP so I have at least 3 replacement heads for my wedges. Actually I should thank the USGA on that one and as the founder of the OGA I do not give 2 hoots if they were conforming by the USGA's standards now. I still say thy were conforming to their standards on the date of manufacture of course those stuffed shirts at the USGA do not know anything about a 'grandfather clause" Screw em I play what I want because I am Big Stu the founder and president of the OGA

IMHO when Cleveland quit making the old 588s they quit making wedges and we can thank the almighty all knowing USGA for that. When those wedges became "non conforming" I bought every one I stumbled across CHEAP so I have at least 3 replacement heads for my wedges. Actually I should thank the USGA on that one and as the founder of the OGA I do not give 2 hoots if they were conforming by the USGA's standards now. I still say thy were conforming to their standards on the date of manufacture of course those stuffed shirts at the USGA do not know anything about a 'grandfather clause" Screw em I play what I want because I am Big Stu the founder and president of the OGA

I agree Stu. Everything that is legal when made should forever be legal.

You don't take a legal club and then one day declare it illegal.

That never sat well with me. All these great classic irons rendered illegal.

That is just bunk. I'm proud to be an OGA charter member!!

Wolf,

Interesting too that he said PXG is selling well. I've read that other places. We

all know about price points. We all know too that a pretty large segment of the

golf world is affluent and for whom the PXG prices are pocket change.

After all, ProV1s sell like hotcakes even though they are the highest priced

balls on the market. Marketing WRX!

Rocco aint hurting them either leading the Senior PGA playing a set of PXGs. IMHO that was simply brilliant marketing strategy signing Rocco up because he was famously a non equipment loyalty guy. Remember his DSG ads a few years back saying since he was sponsored by DSG that they sold a variety of equipment he could play any equipment he wanted and he liked that. I remember when he was at Callaway one of the Tour Van guys I know told me that Rocco played basically off the shelf Callaway clubs but they did change his grips from stock signature grips to GP Duo ones. I used to know Rocco back in the day and he always said you can either hit a club or you can't. Yep brilliant on Mr Parsons point signing him

Wolf,

That my friend is an honest and correct way to run a golf shop

I agree Stu. Everything that is legal when made should forever be legal.

You don't take a legal club and then one day declare it illegal.

That never sat well with me. All these great classic irons rendered illegal.

That is just bunk. I'm proud to be an OGA charter member!!

Which is exactly why I feel no remorse when I'm carrying my Mac custom wedges.

Best wedges I've ever carried. They inspire confidence, shred balls, and look bad arse in the bag as they begin to rust.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Wolf, did you find a big place like that intimidating at first? I have

wondered. I once booked a fitting at a large Ping fitting center out

in Athens, GA.

As it turned out I had to cancel because I couldn't make it all the

way out there at the time but I wondered how a fitting might go

depending on whether I brought my A, B or C swing that day, lol.

I would need a fitting that worked for all 3, haha. It seems to me

a proper fitting might take multiple sessions on different days. I

may be overthinking it though.