2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

26 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

We fly in on 1/30. Since we have Epic passes, we may get a few runs in that afternoon, but I doubt it. We have our own boots, but need to rent skis, so we’ll have to take care of that when we arrive. One of the great things about PCMR - you’re a 45 minute ride from the airport to the town and no need for a rental car. If we don’t get out that day, the lifts open at 9am. We’ll be out early! There aren’t a lot of ski in/out options at PC, unless you’re in Canyons Village, but we found small condo on VRBO right at the base of the Eagle lift, so we can jump right on. We almost went with a condo in town, which has the Town Lift, but it gets pretty crowded in the morning and the ski in runs can be sketchy if the snow isn’t great.

We’re excited! This will be our first ski trip in 3 years - seems like forever.

Wow, admitting my advanced age...........have not skied at Park City in 43 years! Is it still

the same? Can't be.

My memory of Park City is it being an unusual layout with the bunny runs at the top and 

the advanced/expert runs at the bottom. No doubt they have opened up more advanced

terrain at the higher elevations long before now.

Didn't actually ski there much when I lived in the area. Locals were like....."Park City a

Touron mountain", lol. I had to do the "local" thing to be cool and ski primarily at Alta

and maybe Snowbird now and then. 

No towns or nightlife in those places though; at least back then. Just drive up the

canyon, ski, drive home and go back to work the next day! Park City a much better

place as a ski destination.

I did drive by Park City many times in the truck on I-80 before I retired. Saw the growth

going on there over the years with condos and homes sprouting up. 

Do they still have the weird drinking rules there in Utah?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

Well, need to put together a putter with a little unusual spec for the tour guy. Smart young man with a great attitude. Humble, sincere and thankful for reaching his goal of getting his tour card.

I think the tour has done a disservice to the new guys this year. They follow the prescribed path, grind it out in the KF tour, graduate to the tour based on being the best on that tour, then get bumped down the priority for tournaments this year by 10 European tour guys.

Instead of having a reasonable number of tournaments to play, they’ll get fewer chances.

Do share the specs if you will.  Unusual is always interesting.  

• Like 4

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

13 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

Nah, we do play out of bunkers but we do play the ball up, to the green, exclusive of sand.

Place within 1 club length no closer to the hole. No need to hit the ball among rocks and

tree roots or out of casual water/wet areas or divots....or hit mud balls.

It just makes things simple and keeps everyone moving and playing. 

Our bunkers are in such bad shape that in our league we are allowed to move the ball or even rake under the ball. Now we do move the ball in the fairway and play down in the rough. LOL one time the President was running the game that day and I had him and the VP talked into playing it down everywhere. Two of the guys spoke up and said it was in the by-laws of the league to improve the lie in the fairways and bunkers. I laughed and said well in Rome do as the Romans. Someone brought up later that the ones who kept a GHIN handicap that it was not legit. I told them as bad as I hated to say it that it was legit under Local and league rules. When I used to play my vintage stuff I always played it down because It added to the fun for me. But now I do play by the league rules because we have money on the line. 

We are supposed to post all rounds. I talked to the President about that because sometimes I play my vintage stuff not often these days but still some mostly 9 hole rounds. If I posted the rounds with that equipment and playing it down then my handicap would go up about 5 to 6 shots in 18 hoes. I told him if they insisted I could post then play our events with the modern stuff. Wooh talk about sandbagging!! He is a good guy and smart too and told me not to post those rounds. Most of the guys know anyhow what I do. One of the guys did see me one day messing around with the vintage stuff and asked if I posted that round? I told him no it was with my vintage stuff. He said oh I know the Prez told me about that. Basically our League is a good bunch of guys and no one gives a rip what someone does or does not do. But as in most groups you may have a couple

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

3 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

i have a veggie garden with four raised beds. All I plant are brandy wine and big beef tomatoes, plus Sun Sugar and Million cherry ones,  b/c dirt tomatoes are better than anything store bought or hydroponic. Sometimes I add a zucchini plant but never more than two or by Sept we’re buried in them and they’re hard to find under the leaves. Sneaky little suckers. 

About every other year we have a tomato bumper crop. Other years are wiped out by hail. Pics below. Last year sucked, cold and wet through June. Then it got dry but I left town and, umm, forgot to remind my neighbor to water them. Ooops. 

Why do I keep planting them?  It’s worth it when you have one on a sandwich or caprese salad. The cherry tomatoes usually never make it past the vine to my mouth. 

IMG_8645.jpeg

IMG_6200.jpeg

That's some serious hail!

I see you have closed the garden to deer. They're probably not happy about that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

My first year I built the beds and then planted. The deer got fat.  Next year it was war on deer, rabbits, voles, gophers. I dug a trench and buried hardwire 2 feet down and then put the fence up in sections connected to posts in concrete.  So far no deer has made it inside but they spend a lot of time looking. We hate mule deer here in CO. Like vermin. You can tell a tourist when they stop to look. Locals just speed up😳

Ya, I grew up in a standard suburb but our property was adjacent to at least a few hundred acres of woodland. We had to put fencing around the gardens and they still could sometimes get it! But it wasn’t as professional as your fence lol

Deer all over, no hunting at all, one time in HS I came home drunk and was quietly trying to sneak to the side door and I snuck right up to a deer. We like 3 feet from each other like WTH?! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

62° lie.

He calls it 8 under, just like he likes his score. 🙂

You able to bend one that far ?  Or custom neck ? As in welded with enough angle to bend.  

• Like 3

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, scotee said:

And this has to be fuzzy math

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 8.35.08 PM.png

Thanks a lot for that!!😅

• Haha 3

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

56 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

Just a few less years for me.   I lived in Alta 81/82.   Was a chef at Alta Peruvian Lodge which was filled with a bunch of characters. The owner John Cahill even more so. Snow that year was the record until this past winter. We were so spoiled we’d never go out if the powder was gone and we saw a mogul. We spent a day at the then brand new Deer Valley. To us it seemed (then) like a beginners mountain. So we managed to get our passes pulled, and later thrown out by the man himself Stein Ericksen, for going too fast despite several warnings. Dumb, arrogant and stupid?  Yes. He was nice about it but said they didn’t want our kind at DV. Don’t come back. Then it was off to the bars in Park City where at that time you had to buy a club membership. I think it transferred to other bars but memory is a little fuzzy. I’ve never skied at PC but I hear the Jupiter Bowl is very good. 

So, you actually lived in Alta. Very cool. I lived in Murray. It was short drive up the canyon 

to Alta and Snowbird. That season I had studded snow tires on my car so it was an easy 

drive up and back. Maybe 15 miles each way? Don't remember exactly.

Snowfall that season ('79-'80) was a "then" record. Jan and Feb great powder skiing.

I see in your post the record fell soon after. 

Deer Valley was a coming attraction. I remember seeing a map of the proposed layout.

Trying to remember Jupiter Bowl at PC. I think I may have skied it. It would have been

newly opened or some such. The runs at the bottom of PC were steep. I remember

those well.

• Like 4

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)