2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Absolutely great US Open for me for several reasons

First off it was at Pinehurst #2 which is a Donald Ross course and as in all Ross courses near and dear to me

Everyone on here knows I am the biggest detractor of the USGA on here or any other board. I will give them credit where credit is due. From my experiences playing there and other Ross courses they did not let it get out of hand. 

I told the wife the first of the week knowing that course as I do and Ross courses in general that a European player would win it. To be honest Bryson never entered my mind. 

The best part Rory did not win. He had a big chance but gave it away. They said post-game he declined an interview=== poor loser. Jack or Arnie would have granted an interview.

All in all a good 4 days if one had to be laid up as I was. I took advice here from some well intended Grillsters and pulled out of both play days for Monday and Tuesday. When our club opens up Thursday I will try to hit balls and go from there.

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

13 minutes ago, huskydawg said:

Tour Talk is so comical after the US Open lol.  They need some fresh air or something. 

I also heard something else. The way with where Bryson plays and is not a member of the PGAT and having to do with OWGR he is not eligible to represent the USA in the Olympics. I thought WTF? He is after all an American and is a 2 time US Open champion and CURRENT US Open champion. I am so tired of politics getting involved in sports

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

The best part Rory did not win. He had a big chance but gave it away. They said post-game he declined an interview=== poor loser. Jack or Arnie would have granted an interview.

Yeah, you gotta face the music.  Keep in mind, he was gifted $34 million in PgaT PIP money from 2020-2023.  Losing sucks, but it happens to all of us.

• Like 1

Lamkin Crossline - my favorite golf product ever

UW Huskies

6 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I also heard something else. The way with where Bryson plays and is not a member of the PGAT and having to do with OWGR he is not eligible to represent the USA in the Olympics. I thought WTF? He is after all an American and is a 2 time US Open champion and CURRENT US Open champion. I am so tired of politics getting involved in sports

Agreed, enough with the gatekeeping, the USA has Olympic trials in marathon, track and field, swimming, etc.  No reason they can’t do it with golf. 

• Like 2

Lamkin Crossline - my favorite golf product ever

UW Huskies

26 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Absolutely great US Open for me for several reasons

First off it was at Pinehurst #2 which is a Donald Ross course and as in all Ross courses near and dear to me

Everyone on here knows I am the biggest detractor of the USGA on here or any other board. I will give them credit where credit is due. From my experiences playing there and other Ross courses they did not let it get out of hand. 

I told the wife the first of the week knowing that course as I do and Ross courses in general that a European player would win it. To be honest Bryson never entered my mind. 

All in all a good 4 days if one had to be laid up as I was. I took advice here from some well intended Grillsters and pulled out of both play days for Monday and Tuesday. When our club opens up Thursday I will try to hit balls and go from there.

Nice hope your on the mends and happy you enjoyed the open, exciting Sunday!

How come you don’t like Rory btw? 

Hey, finally got a good burger 🍔! And it’s this place like 5 blocks away we just forgot about 🤣 . Nicely grill charred crust and the whole inside was amazingly perfectly pink 😋 perfect bun, white cheddar, very thin pickle slices. Good thin fries too 👍 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Nice hope your on the mends and happy you enjoyed the open, exciting Sunday!

How come you don’t like Rory btw? 

Hey, finally got a good burger 🍔! And it’s this place like 5 blocks away we just forgot about 🤣 . Nicely grill charred crust and the whole inside was amazingly perfectly pink 😋 perfect bun, white cheddar, very thin pickle slices. Good thin fries too 👍 

I do not like Rory because he ran his mouth too much on certain issues. Then he became wishy washy and tried to straddle the fence. He was also on the board when they set up the Signature events. You were not supposed to miss but one and he missed the second one due to him loosing at the Masters that year. Kinda IMHO like a politician that makes laws for the rest of us and then thinks he or she is above the law.

Then he resigned from the board and tried to get back on it and the other members would not have it.

Today really did it for me when NBC stated he declined to comment after the event. Jack or Arnie would have. But then again if CBS had been broadcasting the event he would have given Amanda a post round interview. Poor Sportsmanship if you ask me. That blow up at the Ryder cup was the start for me on him

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Happier if Rory does not miss on two three-footers. Happiest if winner was determined in playoff. It was great tournament, the course was epic, BD close out on 18th was pretty awesome.

You do know for the first time in US Open history there would not have been an 18 hole playoff on Monday. It would have been a 2 hole aggerate playoff today. I thought that would have been lame. Why change 124 years of US Open history?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I do not like Rory because he ran his mouth too much on certain issues. Then he became wishy washy and tried to straddle the fence. He was also on the board when they set up the Signature events. You were not supposed to miss but one and he missed the second one due to him loosing at the Masters that year. Kinda IMHO like a politician that makes laws for the rest of us and then thinks he or she is above the law.

Then he resigned from the board and tried to get back on it and the other members would not have it.

Today really did it for me when NBC stated he declined to comment after the event. Jack or Arnie would have. But then again if CBS had been broadcasting the event he would have given Amanda a post round interview. Poor Sportsmanship if you ask me. That blow up at the Ryder cup was the start for me on him

Well I 100% agree Rory has been spouting off wayyyy too much about all the business stuff. I mean if he had some some majors more recently than 10 years ago fine, but he seems more business focused than golf focused. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Well I 100% agree Rory has been spouting off wayyyy too much about all the business stuff. I mean if he had some some majors more recently than 10 years ago fine, but he seems more business focused than golf focused. 

He's actually more divorce/un-divorce focused.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Haha 4

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

And like us mixed bag classic players say---- It does a body good to beat guys with old mismatched brand agnostic stuff costing a lot less.

I also get a good feeling beating guys with expensive tech toys. I played in our Sunday group with a totally classic setup that cost me less than $150. 1,3,4,5 Powerbilt Citations woods, Wilson Staff Irons, Wilson Sandy Andy R61 SW and Otey Crisman Putter. Had one of the best scores in the group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

You do know for the first time in US Open history there would not have been an 18 hole playoff on Monday. It would have been a 2 hole aggerate playoff today. I thought that would have been lame. Why change 124 years of US Open history?

I'm agnostic on playoff format, think it's now more how one lost then how one won. Would have been more validating to winner but whatever, it was still a great major.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nard_S said:

I'm agnostic on playoff format, think it's now more how one lost then how one won. Would have been more validating to winner but whatever, it was still a great major.

Honesty I did not know of the change until the announcers said it when it looked like it would be a tie after 72 holes. 

LOL the CBD kicked in and I went to bed right after the last putt dropped. This AM I have it on the GC "Live at the US Open" Faxon who is supposed to be Rory's putting coach looks like he is ready to throw up. Brendel as usual is like a color changing Lizard and has jumped on the Bryson bandwagon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

my 2 cents is if you didn’t like the course or the last 9 holes, you might want to find a different game. maybe try the excitement of bowling.

Agree---- It is like some of the guys when I used to play the shootouts--- It is always a shot gun start---- Some guys complain if they start anywhere besides #1 or #10------ Like I always say you got to play whatever hole anyhow unless you quit before you get there----- One of many reasons I quit playing the Saturday Shootouts. To me it makes no difference if I tee off on #11 (Par3 8 iron) or hit a driver off of say #5 (Par 5). One of my tips is I am always early and check the sheet to see where we are starting. I will warm up and then hit 4 or 5 balls with the club I am hitting my first shot with.

rory has two ways to look at it.

1. he missed two putts that totaled 9-1/2 feet.

2. he made $2.3 million, which is 9-1/2 feet tall of 100 dollar bills.

(a $10,000 bundle of 100 dollar bills is 1/2” thick. $1 million is a little over 4’ high. if you don’t believe it, try it in your living room.)

• Haha 4

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

2 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

(a $10,000 bundle of 100 dollar bills is 1/2” thick. $1 million is a little over 4’ high. if you don’t believe it, try it in your living room.)

I'd have to ruin a perfectly good mattress to take out that much money.

• Haha 3

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

40 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

At this point I think Rory would have gladly traded the 2.3 mil for another major.   With a bank account like his, the major would mean a lot more to him.  I'll be amazed if he ever bounces back from this one.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Thats dope!

So….where were ya?!

No place special. Just driving home. Weird how some seemingly irrelevant memories stick like that. I was looking forward to the album release and the upcoming tour because I had never seen Zeppelin live. Unfortunately, it never happened. That might be why the memory stuck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

I came up a bit shy.😁

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

15 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

my 2 cents is if you didn’t like the course or the last 9 holes, you might want to find a different game. maybe try the excitement of bowling.

Agree. Certainly enjoyed watching Bryson myself. Sure you did too ?!  Wish he played on a stage  that was watchable.  

• Like 2

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

——Gets shovel and heads for the big cedar tree.  

Wonders how high it is in liberty head gold coins ? 🤣.    Doubt I ever find that many.  But I found a couple (3) the year we moved in here ( 2001). Been looking for the “ rest “ ever since.  I’m betting they fell out of a pocket.  And weren’t a stashed item.  But that doesn’t stop me from detecting 🤣… all I’ve found since are nails and cans.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

An awesome tune for my Grille peeps to rock today!

Bonzo's take on the great Bernard "Pretty" Purdie's signature groove! 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P