Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @tolmij said:

> Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

>

> Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

You and me both Stu, thought I would give the scouts a try and lasted one night, did not like the regimented attitude, you did as you were told no questions asked and that was and never had been me. I like the idea of starting our own file because it might stir some of them up.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scotee said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

>

> **LOL**

Edit: Adding LOL, Agree, and Like Badge gifs here looked like shizzle when I posted the "comment". Despite being OK in preview. Deleted the mess.

At one point yesterday, all the likes were gone as well. This "reaction" business is rather trivial I suppose. But was finding a degree of marginal utility with the agree and LOL buttons. Would have thought that would be far down the list of things that needed fixing. Hey WRX boys, as long as your at it, lose that stupid a** twitter button and take away my badges. Please. You're cluttering up my "Profile" page.

How about adding font, sizing, and text coloring options while you're fixing things? Perhaps do away with this double spacing and single space after a period in this "Comment" text box. Make test composing layout "actual view" again, instead of constantly hitting the preview button to see how it looks.

Feeling a bit crotchety and irritated this morning about this website bidness.

Edit the edit. Likely all the "Agrees" and "LOL" that were allocated are now lost in the ether. Rather than being converted. Sorry, not going back to make the corrections. Moving on from this point forward. Color me becoming more annoyed.

Just make this site have a functionality and look of one designed in 2019, rather than one straight out of 2005. Cuz, what they have now is not cutting it. #TryingToRemainPatient.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Further adding to my high degree of agitation this morning. Awoke to find a fresh 1" of snow on the ground. Temps at 22*. WTF?

I was going to ask if someone got out the wrong side of bed this morning, obviously the problem was the snow, been colder here, down to 65/70 today, almost time to light the fire. ☃️☃️

Edit: GoGrillers 800 pages this week.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> We're off and running with the 2019 MLB season. The weather has certainly been up to the task these past few days even if the calendar belies the sense of season.

>

> With a team in full rebuild mode expectations are pretty modest particularly with 11 players in their first full major league season. Yes, I too had a double take on that with these Jays thinking that they must be discounting the September call-ups from the past couple of years. Having said that the pitching has most definitely been up to snuff for not only the first couple of games, but most of spring training as well.

>

> I'm sure they'll be difficult to watch at times with growing pains, mistakes and the inevitable slumps that come along, but at least they have plenty of upside as is the case with young players, just wondering what they maybe capable of. It's a rather different outlook that a team of aging stars where everything needs to go right to have a shot and underperformance is the more likely scenario.

Tigers. Three games vs. the Jays. Grand total of 11 hits. Two shutouts. I get that it's early in the year. But they were hitting the ball around some in Florida. And not like they're playing outside in the elements early. Hitting was touted as being improved heading into this season. Going to be a long season I'm afraid. Anything close to .500 would be considered a success. Losing their #1 starter, Michael Fulmer, for the season (and beyond?) to Tommy John surgery doesn't bode well for the cause either.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @tolmij said:

>

> Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

My mother wouldn't let me join the Scouts. Ten years or so later, I wish she could have kept me from getting drafted. Camping,, guns, and military life doesn't look so appealing at 19 years old. However, I did not go to war, and did my time reluctantly, but relatively without incidents, except for the pneumonia in basic. The Army probably did me more good than harm.

Looked a bit rainy yesterday, so I spent some time in my garage washing my ATS, then spray wax. The car wasn't really dirty, but very dusty. Funny, even years ago, I became the old guy I admired as a young pup. Driving around in a pristine car, due to very little use. I hope I live long enough for the ATS to be old, like 15-20 years old, even older.

The missus made us a great pork chop dinner (lunch). Browned in a pan, then moist cooked for an hour and a half. With mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a good meal. After the repast, I drove to the course, where I walked 12 holes, hitting the ball pretty well. The Callaway X hot irons I bought in late 2017 are good clubs. Had a few pars.

Watched a bit of golf when I got home. Tiger's looking pretty fit.

A good day, all in all.

• Like 2

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who ordered this up? Who can we blame?

Was it you @Fellaheen51 in retaliation for the Tigers lack of hitting? Maybe we can blame it on @NRJyzr 'cause he's further north than either of us and the Twinkies are supposed to have a shot at a playoff spot... :D

[Added] Don't feel bad Fella, you could cheer for Baltimore...

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > Further adding to my high degree of agitation this morning. Awoke to find a fresh 1" of snow on the ground. Temps at 22*. WTF?

>

> I was going to ask if someone got out the wrong side of bed this morning, obviously the problem was the snow, been colder here, down to 65/70 today, almost time to light the fire. ☃️☃️

>

> Edit: GoGrillers 800 pages this week.

You funny. LOL. LOL. Ha. Ha. Haruumph. Don't catch a chill.

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> It seems a lot of people are wanting GolfWRX to be the way it was....and ownership appears to be heading

> in that direction. Read a post from easyyyy where he said they are working on restoring the post layout to

> what it was and making the avatars bigger again. I notice they are a little bigger now and shaped differently

> than they were recently.

We've adapted just fine and we're old farts. What's wrong with the rest of these whiners that just gotta have things the way they were whether it worked or not? :confused:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

> >

> > Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

>

> You and me both Stu, thought I would give the scouts a try and lasted one night, **did not like the regimented attitude**, you did as you were told no questions asked and that was and never had been me. I like the idea of starting our own file because it might stir some of them up.

>

>

You should have tried air/army/navy cadets... Scouts were like a party in comparison!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Wriggles said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

> >

> > Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

>

> My mother wouldn't let me join the Scouts. Ten years or so later, I wish she could have kept me from getting drafted. Camping,, guns, and military life doesn't look so appealing at 19 years old. However, I did not go to war, and did my time reluctantly, but relatively without incidents, except for the pneumonia in basic. The Army probably did me more good than harm.

> Looked a bit rainy yesterday, so I spent some time in my garage washing my ATS, then spray wax. The car wasn't really dirty, but very dusty. Funny, even years ago, I became the old guy I admired as a young pup. Driving around in a pristine car, due to very little use. I hope I live long enough for the ATS to be old, like 15-20 years old, even older.

>

> The missus made us a great pork chop dinner (lunch). Browned in a pan, then moist cooked for an hour and a half. With mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a good meal. After the repast, I drove to the course, where I walked 12 holes, hitting the ball pretty well. The Callaway X hot irons I bought in late 2017 are good clubs. Had a few pars.

> Watched a bit of golf when I got home. Tiger's looking pretty fit.

> A good day, all in all.

>

>

I missed the draft in the UK by one year. I was an apprentice and would have been deferred untill 21 but when I did 17 they cancelled the draft and relied on those opting for a military life. I was happy to miss it as I saw what it did to my uncle who was 12 years older than me. He was not in the heavy fighting but did have to serve his time, two years, in a conflict zone. Then they put you in the reserves for five years and you had to do two weeks basic training every year, seemed a waste of time to me as the reserves rarely were called in to fight, all it did was take your annual holidays and make you march up and down a parade ground.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > It seems a lot of people are wanting GolfWRX to be the way it was....and ownership appears to be heading

> > in that direction. Read a post from easyyyy where he said they are working on restoring the post layout to

> > what it was and making the avatars bigger again. I notice they are a little bigger now and shaped differently

> > than they were recently.

>

> We've adapted just fine and we're old farts. What's wrong with the rest of these whiners that just gotta have things the way they were whether it worked or not? :confused:

Yeah, lots of changes, we can handle them all, we've been around long enough right?

• Like 1

Well, should be an interesting finish in Austin today. I would like to see Koooooch win it. I'm thinking Molinari will win. Weather should be in the upper 50's, wind a tad less, and no rain in the forecast. Kisner though is quite scrappy, so it's up for grabs. Don't mean to leave out Bjerregarred, just couldn't spell his name without looking him up, so I semi DQ'd him on that basis...means he'll probably win B)

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @tolmij said:

>

After my parents got divorced and my mom got remarried, we moved to Columbus- bad enough, small country town kid to big city. I was about 10, so she thought it would be nice to put me in the Cub Scouts. I had visions of camping and outdoor adventures, stuff I knew about. I went to some woman's house who was the 'pack leader'. We made key chains the night I went. Needless to say I never went back...

• Like 2

Wow. I love staying away from this new format for twelve hours,and then explore all the changes !

Let me see if I got this right...We can not agree with a comment, but we CAN disagree with it..

O K. And no more LOL. I still think the "disagree" will be a big troll button to start arguments.

I do notice that it hasn't frozen up any,so i think the finished product will work just fine.

Cold and windy here also. No snow,but feels like January out there !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> Wow. I love staying away from this new format for twelve hours,and then explore all the changes !

> Let me see if I got this right...We can not agree with a comment, but we CAN disagree with it..

> O K. And no more LOL. I still think the "disagree" will be a big troll button to start arguments.

> I do notice that it hasn't frozen up any,so i think the finished product will work just fine.

> Cold and windy here also. No snow,but feels like January out there !

No idea about extra changes, could alter everything, hope not.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

> > >

> > > Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

> >

> > My mother wouldn't let me join the Scouts. Ten years or so later, I wish she could have kept me from getting drafted. Camping,, guns, and military life doesn't look so appealing at 19 years old. However, I did not go to war, and did my time reluctantly, but relatively without incidents, except for the pneumonia in basic. The Army probably did me more good than harm.

> > Looked a bit rainy yesterday, so I spent some time in my garage washing my ATS, then spray wax. The car wasn't really dirty, but very dusty. Funny, even years ago, I became the old guy I admired as a young pup. Driving around in a pristine car, due to very little use. I hope I live long enough for the ATS to be old, like 15-20 years old, even older.

> >

> > The missus made us a great pork chop dinner (lunch). Browned in a pan, then moist cooked for an hour and a half. With mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a good meal. After the repast, I drove to the course, where I walked 12 holes, hitting the ball pretty well. The Callaway X hot irons I bought in late 2017 are good clubs. Had a few pars.

> > Watched a bit of golf when I got home. Tiger's looking pretty fit.

> > A good day, all in all.

> >

> >

>

> I missed the draft in the UK by one year. I was an apprentice and would have been deferred untill 21 but when I did 17 they cancelled the draft and relied on those opting for a military life. I was happy to miss it as I saw what it did to my uncle who was 12 years older than me. He was not in the heavy fighting but did have to serve his time, two years, in a conflict zone. Then they put you in the reserves for five years and you had to do two weeks basic training every year, seemed a waste of time to me as the reserves rarely were called in to fight, all it did was take your annual holidays and make you march up and down a parade ground.

Remember the Vietnam draft lottery. Think everyone of a certain age does. The first one held sometime in the fall of my freshman year at school (Googling: 12/1/1969). Guy in the dorm room next to mine got #1. Recall him being plastered by the time I returned back to the wing. Bit of a hubbub outside in the hallway. My draw (1969) was held the following summer. Drew #156, right on the cusp of whether it would be called or not. Didn't know for sure, Selective Service went higher then that the prior year IIRC. The draft served as extra motivation to maintain my grades in order to keep the 2S deferment intact.

With no disrespect to Bill, Wrigs, Stu, (anyone else that I may be forgetting) that honorably served in our Armed Forces. However, being drafted was not an event that I wanted to occur during that particular time and place. A half century in hindsight, was a crazy period of time.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

> > >

> > > Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

> >

> > You and me both Stu, thought I would give the scouts a try and lasted one night, **did not like the regimented attitude**, you did as you were told no questions asked and that was and never had been me. I like the idea of starting our own file because it might stir some of them up.

> >

> >

>

> You should have tried air/army/navy cadets... Scouts were like a party in comparison!

>

>

Shoot I went in the real Navy at 17---- My first division officer when I got assigned permanent duty send me to shore to do the GED thing. I passed all the preliminary tests and had my diploma before my class actually graduated regular high school. Then he sent me to damage control school and then to all military firefighting school. The first 6 months after I graduated boot camp all I did was go to schools. Which in retrospect I learned a lot of things and I owe a lot to that Lieutenant

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > > Good idea scotee we should start our own agree file, I already have a badge, wonder if they are going to take those from us.

> > > >

> > > > Don't know----- Sorta did not care one way or another------ On the other hand growing up I never had time for the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts--- Sorta liked the uniforms with the achievement badges but never had time to pursue those activities---- My old man said that the Scouts were for kids that did not have anything else to do. I had plenty to do around the golf course growing up just like the kids that grew up on farms. Nothing wrong with the Scouts mind you I just did not have time for it

> > >

> > > My mother wouldn't let me join the Scouts. Ten years or so later, I wish she could have kept me from getting drafted. Camping,, guns, and military life doesn't look so appealing at 19 years old. However, I did not go to war, and did my time reluctantly, but relatively without incidents, except for the pneumonia in basic. The Army probably did me more good than harm.

> > > Looked a bit rainy yesterday, so I spent some time in my garage washing my ATS, then spray wax. The car wasn't really dirty, but very dusty. Funny, even years ago, I became the old guy I admired as a young pup. Driving around in a pristine car, due to very little use. I hope I live long enough for the ATS to be old, like 15-20 years old, even older.

> > >

> > > The missus made us a great pork chop dinner (lunch). Browned in a pan, then moist cooked for an hour and a half. With mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a good meal. After the repast, I drove to the course, where I walked 12 holes, hitting the ball pretty well. The Callaway X hot irons I bought in late 2017 are good clubs. Had a few pars.

> > > Watched a bit of golf when I got home. Tiger's looking pretty fit.

> > > A good day, all in all.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I missed the draft in the UK by one year. I was an apprentice and would have been deferred untill 21 but when I did 17 they cancelled the draft and relied on those opting for a military life. I was happy to miss it as I saw what it did to my uncle who was 12 years older than me. He was not in the heavy fighting but did have to serve his time, two years, in a conflict zone. Then they put you in the reserves for five years and you had to do two weeks basic training every year, seemed a waste of time to me as the reserves rarely were called in to fight, all it did was take your annual holidays and make you march up and down a parade ground.

> Remember the Vietnam draft lottery. Think everyone of a certain age does. The first one held sometime in the fall of my freshman year at school (Googling: 12/1/1969). Guy in the dorm room next to mine got #1. Recall him being plastered by the time I returned back to the wing. Bit of a hubbub outside in the hallway. My draw (1969) was held the following summer. Drew #156, right on the cusp of whether it would be called or not. Didn't know for sure, Selective Service went higher then that the prior year IIRC. The draft served as extra motivation to maintain my grades in order to keep the 2S deferment intact.

>

> With no disrespect to Bill, Wrigs, Stu, (anyone else that I may be forgetting) that honorably served in our Armed Forces. However, being drafted was not an event that I wanted to occur during that particular time and place. A half century in hindsight, was a crazy period of time.

>

LOL I had to go. Either that or jail nothing really bad just a lot of traffic violations. Most serious-----street drag racing to boot while my license was revoked. Yep I was hell on wheels in those days. I had one bad 66 Chevelle Super Sport with a 427 engine that was built. My other car was no slouch either 66 Ford Fairlane with a 428 CJ but it was stock at least. Not counting the Pan Head Harley Electra Glide. Heck I had charges pending on another offense when I got caught the last time drag racing with no license--- I would have went to jail long before that if my old man did not "know people" That last deal he could not help on---- I was not supposed to have a NC license until I was 21 but got around that. Got stationed in Norfolk VA in the Navy so I promptly got a VA driver's license and behaved myself. Got the option in court go into the Military or go to Juvenile

• Like 2

Guys have a lot of funny stories from time in military. My most enlightening one was the first hour at boot camp. We were all off the bus,and finally got us into lines,two deep.the DI's were doing their thing,up and down the lines,and we here this voice,obviously from NYC..saying " You cant talk to me like that"

and the next thing we heard was SMACK..thud..he was flat out...it was a learning time for 18 year olds

who thought they were lean and mean !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> Guys have a lot of funny stories from time in military. My most enlightening one was the first hour at boot camp. We were all off the bus,and finally got us into lines,two deep.the DI's were doing their thing,up and down the lines,and we here this voice,obviously from NYC..saying " You cant talk to me like that"

> and the next thing we heard was SMACK..thud..he was flat out...it was a learning time for 18 year olds

> who thought they were lean and mean !

There is always someone bigger stronger and meaner, they are also usually in charge.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Ha, "Juvy" as we called it. None of us ever got sent but the threat of it was always there lurking if we

continued to misbehave. Some of the bad things we did as kids 10-12 years old....

1. Fill milk cartons with dirt clods, hide in the bushes and throw them at cars as they drove by.

2. Put dog poop in a brown paper grocery bag, put it on someone's porch, light it on fire, ring

the doorbell, run, hide and watch.

3. People left their cars unlocked back then.......we fished a lot in the ocean......so now and then

we'd put a dead fish under the drivers seat of a car of a neighbor we didn't like.

4. Steal Christmas lights from a house, ring the doorbell, hide in the bushes and throw the light

bulbs at whoever answered the door.

5. We had a big dog that pooped a lot, big turds.........it was my duty to shovel it up and throw it in

the trash. One day I decided to shovel it and heave it up on the roof of the house next door. No

one even noticed for a few days but then my dad saw it and the ladder came out and I was sent

up there to get the poop down........and go apologize.

Amazing us kids turned out OK. I guess we got that stuff out of our systems at a very young age

and just outgrew it, I suppose. When I was 7 we moved into a neighborhood called the "College

Estates". They were certainly not "estate" homes; just a normal middle class neighborhood but

a big sprawling junior college was being built there; Cerritos College.

For several years after we moved in that whole area was a giant construction site and boy did we

kids have fun playing there. These days kids would not be allowed anywhere near a site like that

because of all the dangers. But we would go after the crews left for the day and climb around in the

buildings and get into all sorts of mischief. None of us ever got hurt which was surprising because

those were the days of dares and double dares and no one wanted to be labled a sissy.

Geez, I should stop. Stu bringing up juvenile hall (juvy) brought back some old memories. We

found out later there actually was a juvy not far away in a town called Whittier. It was just a

threat for us. Back then no one called the police. When kids misbehaved the parents got

together and came up with an appropriate punishment.

• Like 1

Nah, you don't need to stop, Rad. I remember that there was a reform school in town for all the difficult cases. I suppose it was out version of juvy, but I don't know for sure. There was a guy that i was friends with in air cadets and he got sent there. He was always getting into fights. I have no idea what become of him, but i didn't see him as being a bad sort deep down, just a kid that was dealt a sh*tty hand.

After that, then things started to get real serious as I would discover some years later. When I was on the volunteer fire department we had a softball team that played in an industrial league. One of my fellow fire fighters worked for department of corrections and he arranged a game at a juvenile detention centre. This was pretty serious business with electrified fences, barbed wire the whole bit. There were some real hard arses in that place, but they had a ball team that played industrial ball in a league in the nearest city. They were pretty good as I recall, but still a pretty hardened lot at that point.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Nah, you don't need to stop, Rad. I remember that there was a reform school in town for all the difficult cases. I suppose it was out version of juvy, but I don't know for sure. There was a guy that i was friends with in air cadets and he got sent there. He was always getting into fights. I have no idea what become of him, but i didn't see him as being a bad sort deep down, just a kid that was dealt a sh*tty hand.

>

> After that, then things started to get real serious as I would discover some years later. When I was on the volunteer fire department we had a softball team that played in an industrial league. One of my fellow fire fighters worked for department of corrections and he arranged a game at a juvenile detention centre. This was pretty serious business with electrified fences, barbed wire the whole bit. There were some real hard arses in that place, but they had a ball team that played industrial ball in a league in the nearest city. They were pretty good as I recall, but still a pretty hardened lot at that point.

Ya, that's a whole 'nother level. Those kids come from rough neighborhoods more than likely. We were just brats

who thought it was cool or funny to do stupid things. We had our little club; a little mutual admiration society. In

some ways that part of it carried over and some of us were into fun and adventure in later years; mostly traveling

and sporting adventures; ski trips, trips down rivers; things like that.

• Like 1

> @Wriggles said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> >

>

> My mother wouldn't let me join the Scouts. Ten years or so later, I wish she could have kept me from getting drafted. Camping,, guns, and military life doesn't look so appealing at 19 years old. However, I did not go to war, and did my time reluctantly, but relatively without incidents, except for the pneumonia in basic. The Army probably did me more good than harm.

> Looked a bit rainy yesterday, so I spent some time in my garage washing my ATS, then spray wax. The car wasn't really dirty, but very dusty. Funny, even years ago, I became the old guy I admired as a young pup. Driving around in a pristine car, due to very little use. I hope I live long enough for the ATS to be old, like 15-20 years old, even older.

>

> The missus made us a great pork chop dinner (lunch). Browned in a pan, then moist cooked for an hour and a half. With mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a good meal. After the repast, I drove to the course, where I walked 12 holes, hitting the ball pretty well. The Callaway X hot irons I bought in late 2017 are good clubs. Had a few pars.

> Watched a bit of golf when I got home. Tiger's looking pretty fit.

> A good day, all in all.

>

>

Exactly the same clubs as I have, find them easier to hit and keep the shots straight.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Ha, "Juvy" as we called it. None of us ever got sent but the threat of it was always there lurking if we

> continued to misbehave. Some of the bad things we did as kids 10-12 years old....

>

> 1. Fill milk cartons with dirt clods, hide in the bushes and throw them at cars as they drove by.

> 2. Put dog **** in a brown paper grocery bag, put it on someone's porch, light it on fire, ring

> the doorbell, run, hide and watch.

> 3. People left their cars unlocked back then.......we fished a lot in the ocean......so now and then

> we'd put a dead fish under the drivers seat of a car of a neighbor we didn't like.

> 4. Steal Christmas lights from a house, ring the doorbell, hide in the bushes and throw the light

> bulbs at whoever answered the door.

> 5. We had a big dog that pooped a lot, big turds.........it was my duty to shovel it up and throw it in

> the trash. One day I decided to shovel it and heave it up on the roof of the house next door. No

> one even noticed for a few days but then my dad saw it and the ladder came out and I was sent

> up there to get the **** down........and go apologize.

>

> Amazing us kids turned out OK. I guess we got that stuff out of our systems at a very young age

> and just outgrew it, I suppose. When I was 7 we moved into a neighborhood called the "College

> Estates". They were certainly not "estate" homes; just a normal middle class neighborhood but

> a big sprawling junior college was being built there; Cerritos College.

>

> For several years after we moved in that whole area was a giant construction site and boy did we

> kids have fun playing there. These days kids would not be allowed anywhere near a site like that

> because of all the dangers. But we would go after the crews left for the day and climb around in the

> buildings and get into all sorts of mischief. None of us ever got hurt which was surprising because

> those were the days of dares and double dares and no one wanted to be labled a sissy.

>

> Geez, I should stop. Stu bringing up juvenile hall (juvy) brought back some old memories. We

> found out later there actually was a juvy not far away in a town called Whittier. It was just a

> threat for us. Back then no one called the police. When kids misbehaved the parents got

> together and came up with an appropriate punishment.

With these confessions you will have to hope there is a statute of Limitations on your heanous crimes.

??‍♂️?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Typing with 3 min to go in M St./Duke. Fella knows I'm very impressed with team Izzo. No clue which way this one will finish. I do know this has been one of 3 or 4 very memorable games. Auburn dancing! Stepping up for their fallen teammate. Wow! The old guard showing up in numbers this week to support. Charles Barkley in tears. Ralph Sampson, Magic Johnson, and so many others in the house.

1:33 left. Now 43.6 seconds - one-point game. Duke on the line down 2. Team Izzo wins!!! What a great win, Fella!

OK... you and Radro go get this thing done. Congrats to you both.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> Typing with 3 min to go in M St./Duke. Fella knows I'm very impressed with team Izzo. No clue which way this one will finish. I do know this has been one of 3 or 4 very memorable games. Auburn dancing! Stepping up for their fallen teammate. Wow! The old guard showing up in numbers this week to support. Charles Barkley in tears. Ralph Sampson, Magic Johnson, and so many others in the house.

>

> 1:33 left. Now 43.6 seconds - one-point game. Duke on the line down 2. Team Izzo wins!!! What a great win, Fella!

>

> OK... you and Radro go get this thing done. Congrats to you both.

>

>

Here's to MSU, hope they take it all the way!

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)