2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Wow, Fella, that is one heckuvan ordeal you went through and scary! Anaphylactic shock is very serious. My stepson Paul was allergic

to bee stings when he was very young and we had to carry the antidote around with us everywhere we went. They must not have had

epipens back then. He eventually outgrew it which is what the doctors said would likely happen. Fortunately, he was never stung by a

bee again after the initial diagnosis.

I learned, though, when I began seeing an ENT doctor that you can get new allergies as you grow older. From time to time in movies

and TV shows they'll show someone going into anaphylactic shock; usually as a result of eating shellfish and often portrayed in a

comical way. While they can make it humorous in a movie it's not in real life when there's a danger of your throat swelling closed

if you don't treat it fast enough.

So glad you're OK. bro.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I agree. Helluva thing to endure! I don't like commenting on others medical issues unless I have something of value to add of which I have none in this case. Don't even want to give it a like to be honest.

• Like 1

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thx Guys. Yes, disconcerting while it was happening. However, temporary once proper medical treatment was administered. Now have a recognition awareness of the condition, and can be proactive if I suspect that may be occurring at some future point in time.

WTS, I do not want to loose sight of the fact that several of my grille brethren are dealing with medical issues of much greater significance, and with longer term ramifications. Always important to maintain a proper perspective concerning one's personal situation relative to what others are going through. In hindsight, perhaps made this a bigger issue than what it needed to be 24 hours latter.

Just so you know, I think about my bros here and how they are getting on every time I log in to participate in this thread.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

That condition can be and is quite often fatal, once it has happened never put yourself in the same danger, it will get worse. Good to see you are recovered.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Yes Its the same with myself, this is such a pleasant club to be in, respect being the number one priority. I do not have many things to say about golf at present as it has now been coming up to nine moths since I held a club, but just bring in here reading all the technical information and personal comments makes my day

As far as I can find out my local club is now open to non members but DW cannot be in a cart with me as it is single only even for cohabiting couples. Not going to make plans any more I think I will just wake up one morning and go. They have two days Monday and Friday which are always dedicated social golf days and usually you can just turn up and play, no need to pre book as there are always plenty of tee slots.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yup!

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Double Yup!

SLED Gemini

We have neighbours that like to fish and camp, they go away three four times a year and we look after their horse, feed and water it twice a day. He has a shed where he stores chaff and Horse nuts never been locked as the neighbours are all honest or so we thought. Fed the horse Thursday evening then on Friday morning when I found over $100 Worth of chaff was missing, then on Friday evening a load of horse nuts were missing. As we were about to leave our neighbours arrived home, they know who took it and I think there may be some problem for them.

My main dislike in life are those who think they have a right to Help themselves to others property however much it is. A shop over charged me a while ago, I took it to the service counter for a refund they said its only a few cents, I replied its my few cents not yours or your employers and that is the rule I live by.

mini rant over.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I am basically in the same boat you are in. I have finished my shoulder therapy and it is good. Now the back is another story. My Doc there has been letting me putt even with the brace on. Last week he told me to ditch the brace and I could light swing the wedges from like 9:00 to 3:00. I start therapy on the back next week. what I do as my SOP because I am an early riser anyhow I get up early and go to the course real early. The co owner showed me how to cut on the flood lights to the putting green. I will do that for a while with one of my Bulls Eyes or Iron Masters to establish feel. When it gets light enough I go to my Cameron. But I stress I go early and when it starts to heat and humid up I will sit on the patio some with a cigar and water now cool off and go home. I have known this for a while and my Doc told me I am more susceptible to heat and humidity now because of my age and BP meds. Plus not doing much of anything for the last 4 months I have to pace myself. And I have really had to watch myself with my injuries because I am a WFO person. I have been cautioned consistently through out this whole ordeal by my doctors, therapists , my case nurse and my wife I will also add many of you on here. So I am taking it easy

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Absolutely take it easy, at our age we do not repair as well, it will go away eventually as you are fit with the lifetime of sport. I wish my DW would listen, she has injuries that will not repair without correct rest and as most women tend to be she is deaf when I talk.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yes, it wasn't on the eyelid, just near the eyelid, on the inside corner between the eyelid and the top of the nose bone, she cut that one out, very precise. Same with the one on my back. All the others she has frozen. None have ever been a problem for me. Also I never saw any of these myself, she found them. When she freezes them with liquid nitrogen it is so cold, like -320*, it feels temporarily like a little sting (sorry Fella) and that's it. Then it turns reddish later that a day, and stays pinkish for maybe a week, about the diameter of a pencil eraser, and that sort of crusts over and disappears then. Pretty exciting...

• Like 1

I'm not sure what to make of it anymore. Not a day goes by where you don't hear about some sort of hell raising going on somewhere and it seems to have gotten worse as the pandemic has progressed.

Living most of my life in the country no one ever locked a door when I was young. Heck we used to leave the keys in the ignition of the truck and not think twice about it. Then one day the truck got stolen, so the keys got taken out, but the doors were always left unlocked. Then another truck got stolen by jimmying the ignition with a screwdriver. And then it happen again only this time they broke the lock on the door to get in first.

With that bit of history in my background you'll probably think it strange that I don't lock the doors on my garage or my garden shed now that I live in town. I will if I'm going away for a while, but normally they're left open. I have always found carrying a set of keys with me to be a pain when I'm just mucking about the house. I suppose I'm tempting fate once again, but I do have a bunch of nosey neighbours so I sort of count on them to keep an eye on things. I'm just as nosey as they are I suppose because if I see a vehicle I don't recognize, I've been known to sit on my front porch with a cup of coffee and be the grumpy old man lookout.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We do something similar, our road does not have much traffic so it is rare for a vehicle to stop outside our house.If a car does stop I make sure they can see me watching them until they move away.

We do not tend to lock our shed which is full of expensive tools, but we have two dogs that react very loudly if anyone comes near the property.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The garden is starting to bare fruit. My modest attempt isn't quite as successful as a couple of the neighbours, but I'm getting results. Picked the first half dozen cocktail tomatoes and peppers. Have been using the herbs for a while now. I've never had basil like I have this year. I have so much I've been giving it away!

Cut up a fresh tomato along with a banana pepper and lots of basil for our pizza last night. I has taken me a while, but I've mastered the art of pizza making on a barbeque. Turns out better than the oven variety and i was pretty handy doing it that way to start with. Even though it's propane, there's something about the smoky flavour that adds to the pie experience; really gets into that fresh mozzarella!

It's pickling season. I've got a good recipe for dill pickles and I made some a couple of years in a row. I used up the last jar in the winter and I was going to make a batch again, so if I'm going to, it will have to be in the next week or two. Will need to source supplies. Going to be busy if I'm doing that along with painting a garden shed and a couple of other jobs on DW's to do list.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I had some things frozen too; age spots, moles, skin tags and a wart. The first time you go there's some catching up to do. I

just pointed at things and he froze them. I realized later that I missed a few so I'll point them out next time. I'm scheduled to go

back for "surgery" to excise the rest of that squamous cell carcinoma and a margin of normal skin around it on August 21.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

I use to have a sign about 1/3 the way up the drive...: WARNING:::::THE GERMAN SHEPARD WILL BARK BEFORE IT ATTACKS

THE ROTTWEILER WILL NOT

I now am in the process of looking at camera systems and which ones work best with a laptop...probably three cameras...

more curious than pressured at this time. The way things are going with this virus I dont see much good improvement with

jobs and such for awhile. Some folks have already started stealing anything they can get their hands on,to resell. Neighbor down the road had his mower taken.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

@ Stu: Good for you,for staying on track. My problem is i simply feel good. I have been fit and athletic my whole life

and have always been aware of when i could take rehab to the next level. Right now, I am ready. The Missus' is chewing

on my ear to calm down, shut up,and take it easy for another three weeks.

Hang in there. We will come out of this. Our State has now gone back to mandatory mask, whatever that means. I will not

be surprised if we end up closing down a bunch of places again. Too many People just simply are not being cautious enough.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

we put a security camera system in several years ago, 8 cameras cover house and yard. connected to our wifi system with a good play back facility. neighbour had his shed looted last year and we could identify the car slowing down and turning into his drive, we gave a copy to the police and even though the registration did not show it was clear enough for them to identify the passenger who was known to them. Purchased from Costco for a very good price around $800 which was less than half for the same system in other stores.

Would not be without it even though we are in a good area.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Point and Freeze.....Point and Shoot.....Point and do a Shot.....it's all the same Universe. And I probably am not on to anything.

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Well, you're on to something because the Golf Channel is now televising soccer? Point, shoot and fail. WTH is up with that??

Turn it on now and you will see.......the Soccer Channel. Next, the Weather Channel will be televising fishing with Flo and Eddie.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Well, we do have baseball now. It didn't even seem strange being that the Blue Jays are opening the season in Tampa against the Rays. An empty stadium has pretty much been par for the course there anyway!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Reminds me of when Bill Cosby pulled a hair out of his ear and looked at it and said "are you lost?"

SLED Gemini

My Cayenne pepper plant has been producing some weak mild peppers so when at the store today I decided to look for a replacement.

I found a nice Ghost pepper plant and was about to go checkout when something caught my eye; almost lost among the pepper plants

were a couple of the much vaunted and, I admit, much tempting Ed's Carolina Reapers; the hottest peppers on earth....1.6+ million Scoville

units per pepper. I wasn't aware that such a plant would be available at the local Tractor Supply, though it was more than double the price

of the other pepper plants.

Tempted as I was I couldn't really buy one of these plants cause I am just dumb enough to pop one of those peppers in my mouth; just because.

So I left with the Ghost pepper plant.

SLED Gemini

Never tried one of those but I always used to win the eating a chilli competition, the secret is to never react when the burning starts and after a while you can eat them no problem. We put chilli in most of our meals, it enhances the flavour and we like the effect it has on visitors.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Ha. Ha. Are you nuts? You don't "pop" a Reaper in your mouth and survive. Seriously, a smidgen (half the size of a small finger nail) will lay you out for an hour or longer. They are not to be messed with unless one has lots of experience sampling these types of peppers. Plus, they taste like battery acid. Bhut Jolokia (aka Ghost Pepper) mucho better tasting than Carolina Reaper. A Bhut has a fruity taste with a semi-manageable heat level. Bhuts are a better choice to actually use with foodstuffs. The plants can grow quite large so give it some space. I've had a couple that reached ~3' in height and 2' in diameter. In your climate with a longer growing season, think they would easily get that big.

If you can find them, try Scotch Bonnets. I've found them around here, usually at a farmer's market in the spring. Very versatile with plenty of heat. My favorite hot pepper to grow and use. Excellent yields. Every pepper garden should have a plant or two of Serranos.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Totally agree on Serranos. My go to pepper with a good blend of heat and flavor. The grocery stores in town usually have them

so I just buy from them and try to grow the ones you don't see in stores; trying different ones each year.

SLED Gemini

Ya, I've tried the no reacting method. Its tough though to hide the forehead sweat, watering eyes and breath gasping.

I grew up eating peppers but like Fella said, some you cannot eat. Technically, peppers cannot kill you, but if you pop one of

those really really really hot ones in your mouth you will think you are dying.

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)