Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Ooopps! Failed to add a hearty welcome to Spooky. Hopefully, our mundane discussion of wrong bathrooms doesn't chase him away.

Yup, that's a good point.

Hope he knows while we're cruising along with Stu in a blown-up Ford and taking about bathroom silliness... at the end of the day we're just acting goofy for laughs. We actually do (believe it or not) have a very sincere side around here and are fully capable of good healthy conversation. Just happened to catch us tickling the funny bone.

No harm or offense intended!

Ooopps! Failed to add a hearty welcome to Spooky. Hopefully, our mundane discussion of wrong bathrooms doesn't chase him away.

Hope he knows while we're cruising along with Stu in a blown-up Ford and taking about bathroom silliness... at the end of the day we're just acting goofy for laughs. We actually do (believe it or not) have a very sincere side around here and are fully capable of good healthy conversation. Just happened to catch us tickling the funny bone.

Stu no cruise in a blown up Ford but a half blown up Dodge ok more like worn out Dodge but it keeps on ticking

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

So I have a Confession to make in the Grille. Sitting here at T-2 hours until the league commences. And I'm wrestling with trying to decide which irons to place in the bag. The sensible i20's or the impractical Hogan's. The last two weeks have been playing the Pings in league, switching to the Hogans for the weekly Bud Shootout the next day. Been playing the prior quite poorly, think I've lost the mojo with them. I've played the later better, especially from 130 yards and in. The problem is when I hit a poor shot with the Hogans, it's a ugly shank.

The league does add a small measure of "pressure" to the dynamic. Wanting to play well, besting the opponent, taking some points for the team. But there is this nagging fear of not playing well and appearing the tool for trying to wield MB's. Does get into my head a bit, even though I try and perish the thoughts as foolish. On the other hand, I've played the Pings so lousy, what difference is it going to make. Been hitting a lot of fat shots with them, and the pitch and chip game with the wide bottom U wedge has been less than stellar. Really has become 'this close' to being done with them once and for all.

So if I think that I'll struggle with the Pings, probably will. But if I think I might hit some quality shots with the Hogans, I just might. So may as well play the 99's and have the opportunity to hit better shots from scoring range. Crap shots are the same either way. Yeah, think I may set forth with the impractical and see what happens. Thanks for the advice on helping me decide on a strategy. Wasn't going to flip-flop between irons this year, but unfortunately the results have left be with limited alternatives. Currently.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Used the ladies' washroom at the club plenty of times on purpose. When there's three guys waiting to use the men's head, I just go next door if it's free. I've gotten lots of interesting looks when I pop out and there's a lady standing there waiting... :lol:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Won't proffer any opinions on what clubs to play. Took my old laminate 2W out for a swing this morning... Yah, that's not going to work... :stop:

Seriously considering selling the entire lot of old school clubs as they're not going to be conducive to me playing at golf going forward. Might even liquidate the brand new Vokeys in favour of a graphite shafted sand iron. Lighter, longer and more upright are going to be a requirement. Maybe one of those clunky new Cleveland CBX wedges instead? :blush:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So I have a Confession to make in the Grille. Sitting here at T-2 hours until the league commences. And I'm wrestling with trying to decide which irons to place in the bag. The sensible i20's or the impractical Hogan's. The last two weeks have been playing the Pings in league, switching to the Hogans for the weekly Bud Shootout the next day. Been playing the prior quite poorly, think I've lost the mojo with them. I've played the later better, especially from 130 yards and in. The problem is when I hit a poor shot with the Hogans, it's a ugly shank.

The league does add a small measure of "pressure" to the dynamic. Wanting to play well, besting the opponent, taking some points for the team. But there is this nagging fear of not playing well and appearing the tool for trying to wield MB's. Does get into my head a bit, even though I try and perish the thoughts as foolish. On the other hand, I've played the Pings so lousy, what difference is it going to make. Been hitting a lot of fat shots with them, and the pitch and chip game with the wide bottom U wedge has been less than stellar. Really has become 'this close' to being done with them once and for all.

So if I think that I'll struggle with the Pings, probably will. But if I think I might hit some quality shots with the Hogans, I just might. So may as well play the 99's and have the opportunity to hit better shots from scoring range. Crap shots are the same either way. Yeah, think I may set forth with the impractical and see what happens. Thanks for the advice on helping me decide on a strategy. Wasn't going to flip-flop between irons this year, but unfortunately the results have left be with limited alternatives. Currently.

Glad we could help out! lol

The dreaded shanks. Incredibly, we're uttering that vile word.

M. Breed says we need to swing with a golf tee, empty sleeve box, or other similar item not damaging to the clubhead, and set it just a smidge beyond the toe of the clubhead. He suggests swinging not so much to hit the ball in any spectacular fashion but rather just swing to miss the sleeve box.

Well, ok, I guess. When they come visiting me that works for maybe an hour and back comes the shanks. Love Breed but that "fix" for me is very temporary.

Wish I knew what to serve up. The "skanks" evidently can have many mamas and are almost a mystery to solve. They say it's the outcome of a better swing. Sure doesn't feel any better when one ricochets off the hosel.

The fats are much easier to tackle. Will prattle on as to potential fixes IF asked to prattle. Will otherwise assume my silence on that front is golden. OK by me either way.

Won't proffer any opinions on what clubs to play. Took my old laminate 2W out for a swing this morning... Yah, that's not going to work... :stop:

Seriously considering selling the entire lot of old school clubs as they're not going to be conducive to me playing at golf going forward. Might even liquidate the brand new Vokeys in favour of a graphite shafted sand iron. Lighter, longer and more upright are going to be a requirement. Maybe one of those clunky new Cleveland CBX wedges instead? :blush:

Any desire to modify your existing clubs/wedges via shaft changes and such? I realize that'd be sacrilege for true vintage sticks.

No worries and not at all...I have my own bathroom history..lol...let's just say the wife prefers me to have my own bathroom and I do too...lol!

Used the ladies' washroom at the club plenty of times on purpose. When there's three guys waiting to use the men's head, I just go next door if it's free. I've gotten lots of interesting looks when I pop out and there's a lady standing there waiting... :lol:

Been there done that, any place that has a lock on the door and room for one...if I'm next then I'm using whatever is available!

Here's one I can't solve. Just about reached the white flag stage and prepared now to just live with it.

The "gate drill" is that age-old putting practice thing (as you all know) where a couple of tees or extra balls are set just off the toe and heel of the putter. Naturally the idea is to develop consistently solid putts right off the center of the putter face. Roll-out and speed are supposed to settle into more predictability. Those putts over say 15-20 feet are where just a small miss off the center of the face causes lots of issues.

OK - so here's my unsolvable problem. I tend to strike the "gate" on the heel side. Not whacking it hard, just nicking it. With practice I can get it down to 7 out of 10 that clear the heel side of the "gate" without nicking it. But an hour later, I'm right back where I started.

Have approached this from every angle I can find. Grip, posture, eye line, stance width, tempo, swing length, choking down, choking up, SBST, arc, pop-stroke, arm-hang, closer to the ball, farther from it, taller posture, crouched, even different styles and brands of grip. I can't solve it. So at this point - I've pretty much surrendered and just expect it.

Why the little tug to the heel side? Why not alternately or random toe and heel strikes? How come none of the attack plans put an end to it? If I've practiced the very drill needed to end it, why does it resurface?

No clue. Something in my wiring just wants that little fractional tug to the inside to happen so I may as well just let it happen when it wants to rather than worrying about the couple of strokes saved fixing it. (Hate throwing in towels but there come a point of surrender).

The ONLY way I've found to keep it to a minimum is (and this is as crazy as it gets)... is to make sure the lead hand pointer finger rests on the handle in a way that would take five minutes to write up and no one will read or care about anyway. But how goofy is that? The placement of one finger is the only solution that helps a little? Makes no sense.

LOL you think you have problems try owning as many sets of irons as I do and the bad part is I love all of them. My advice play the Hogans because I know you really want to

I suppose being married you are all aware of the things that crop up to disrupt the well planned week. Everything planned out untill DW decides she would like the bathroom decorated. We have not altered much since moving in so it seems now is the time.

Sunday, clear bathroom, wash walls, fill in any knocks, dents, picture hanger holes, remove all furniture, yes furniture from said room in preparation for Monday.

Monday, two coats of paint, fussy room, lots of corners, edges to cut in. Finished second coat around 3pm.

Tuesday, clean up, replace all furniture etc.

Sitting down this PM, Tuesday, DW took the dog for a walk out the back, returned and told me I was being slack removing weeds from the walking path. The only reason they are still there is

I painted a bathroom.

Yes you did Tol and it's a beaut! I like your style and it will look great on the wall of the Grille bathroom :taunt:

Gives a whole new meaning in "There's a Moon out Tonight" :taunt:

No worries and not at all...I have my own bathroom history..lol...let's just say the wife prefers me to have my own bathroom and I do too...lol!

Been there done that, any place that has a lock on the door and room for one...if I'm next then I'm using whatever is available!

LOL I see where you are fitting in The Grille just fine--- Hey man you know when you gotta go you gotta go

Any desire to modify your existing clubs/wedges via shaft changes and such? I realize that'd be sacrilege for true vintage sticks.

Nope! Much cheaper to just buy what you're looking for than to muck about changing shafts and such, especially on newer sticks. With drivers it's pretty easy to just buy another shaft with the suitable adapter. I've thought about that with my Titleist driver, but haven't bothered because i'm discovering that I'm a new golfer again. Old rules of thumb and old successes don't necessarily apply. For example, I have a couple of mallet putters that I bought on whims and used for short periods of time. All of a sudden that style seems to be delivering the most consistent results for me with the stroke I currently have that is no doubt impacted by the influx change in golf swing.

It's all about ease of use for me at this point and trying to piece something together that plays as a consistent set from one end of the bag to the other. It has quite frankly had a significant impact on what I might keep behind as a back-up or guest set -- something I could play myself with a minimum of adjustment and that isn't going to be a showy set on vintage clubs!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

If I'm in the grille/clubhouse talking and having a beer or two, I will talk equipment if I have seen someone with a club that interests me. I was going to say I'd talk equipment if I'd seen their bag, but I felt that might go in the wrong direction...lol. Anyway, I'll ask a stranger- how do you like "insert club/shaft here". Especially if I see one old club in a new-ish bag. I'm always really interested in a really old club that the owner can't get out of the bag. I know they try to, but they don't find anything better and come back again and again. Do any of you have any "older" clubs that you can't get rid of and play regularly?

I played a Nike Ignite 410 tour issue head with a UST Proforce PROTO that was just incredible. I got it just as the 460 craze was starting, of course I didn't want to lose the displacement battle so I tried a litany of 460 drivers and always came back to the Ignite 410. I wound up with a TM R1 and that gave the 410 a run but I was inconsistent with the TDR1 so the 410 always wound up in the bag if my driving was off. The 410 was permanently retired when I picked up a 2017 M1, that sealed the deal but the 410 had a 13yr run.

Another item that WILL NOT go away has been the Oban Devotion that I have played since I got the R1. I have purchased 15-20 shafts looking for something better and it never happens. I pay. I play. I put the Devo back in. I have not found anything better for my swing and the R1 and M1 heads.

What club has stood the test of time with you?

Stu no cruise in a blown up Ford but a half blown up Dodge ok more like worn out Dodge but it keeps on ticking

Stu my Grampa( He raised me) always said dodge stood for Danged Old Dodge Goes Everytime

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

TM R7 425. Like your Ignite it has been in the bag almost nonstop from 2007 until this season. Mind you, I haven't been playing this season, so that's a bit of a qualifier. Another club of that vintage that has been equally sticky has been my Nickent 3DX DC ironwood hybrids. I've got the 3, 4 & 5.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

If I'm in the grille/clubhouse talking and having a beer or two, I will talk equipment if I have seen someone with a club that interests me. I was going to say I'd talk equipment if I'd seen their bag, but I felt that might go in the wrong direction...lol. Anyway, I'll ask a stranger- how do you like "insert club/shaft here". Especially if I see one old club in a new-ish bag. I'm always really interested in a really old club that the owner can't get out of the bag. I know they try to, but they don't find anything better and come back again and again. Do any of you have any "older" clubs that you can't get rid of and play regularly?

I played a Nike Ignite 410 tour issue head with a UST Proforce PROTO that was just incredible. I got it just as the 460 craze was starting, of course I didn't want to lose the displacement battle so I tried a litany of 460 driver and always came back to the Ignite 410. I wound up with a TM R1 and that gave the 410 a run but I was inconsistent with the TDR1 so the 410 always wound up in the bag if my driving was off. The 410 was permanently retired when I picked up a 2017 M1, that sealed the deal but the 410 had a 13yr run.

Another item that WILL NOT go away has been the Oban Devotion that I have played since I got the R1. I have purchased 15-20 shafts looking for something better and it never happens. I pay. I play. I put the Devo back in. I have not found anything better for my swing and the R1 and M1 heads.

Welcome Spooky ! I am still using an R9...and a Bobby Jones Hybrid that my DW got me many years ago..one of the first hybrids that Jesse Ortiz

came out with after he went on his own...still a great club ! Had a set of irons from 2000 that i was still using...last year I started the experiment

with Cobra One Length. Its an on going process...getting to where i actually like them. Not playing any better as far as I can tell yet..

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

With me, so far, it's been a shaft..............the PL Blue...........it's getting to be an old shaft but I still prefer it

in my drivers. Have it in a 4 wood and a few hybrids too. There may be a shaft out there that might work

better for me but I'm not going to spend $$$$$ and time looking for it. I've looked enough.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Here's one I can't solve. Just about reached the white flag stage and prepared now to just live with it.

The "gate drill" is that age-old putting practice thing (as you all know) where a couple of tees or extra balls are set just off the toe and heel of the putter. Naturally the idea is to develop consistently solid putts right off the center of the putter face. Roll-out and speed are supposed to settle into more predictability. Those putts over say 15-20 feet are where just a small miss off the center of the face causes lots of issues.

OK - so here's my unsolvable problem. I tend to strike the "gate" on the heel side. Not whacking it hard, just nicking it. With practice I can get it down to 7 out of 10 that clear the heel side of the "gate" without nicking it. But an hour later, I'm right back where I started.

Have approached this from every angle I can find. Grip, posture, eye line, stance width, tempo, swing length, choking down, choking up, SBST, arc, pop-stroke, arm-hang, closer to the ball, farther from it, taller posture, crouched, even different styles and brands of grip. I can't solve it. So at this point - I've pretty much surrendered and just expect it.

Why the little tug to the heel side? Why not alternately or random toe and heel strikes? How come none of the attack plans put an end to it? If I've practiced the very drill needed to end it, why does it resurface?

No clue. Something in my wiring just wants that little fractional tug to the inside to happen so I may as well just let it happen when it wants to rather than worrying about the couple of strokes saved fixing it. (Hate throwing in towels but there come a point of surrender).

The ONLY way I've found to keep it to a minimum is (and this is as crazy as it gets)... is to make sure the lead hand pointer finger rests on the handle in a way that would take five minutes to write up and no one will read or care about anyway. But how goofy is that? The placement of one finger is the only solution that helps a little? Makes no sense.

Perhaps move the heel side "gate" over 1/4". Problem solved. Maybe? Been known to occasionally offer a "one finger salute" when a putt goes askew.

Thanks to the advice of Sco, Reason, Stu, et.al. put the Hogans in the bag for tonight's league play. Good decision. Iron play was decent, was making good shots, not the reason for another mundane round. Four penalty stokes in four holes is not a positive way to start. First drive O.B., by a stinking two feet. Second hole, a nutted 7 wood clipped that one last remaining small tree limb enough to rinse the ball in a pond in front of the green. An indifferent SW from 90 yards was hit only 88 yards. Rinsing another ball and adding a stroke. Two holes latter, clipped a drive really well, only to hit the ball beyond where I normally land and into a creek. Penalty. So hitting the ball pretty good, yet still have surrendered 4 strokes.

I'm pissed. I had a beer. Settled down. Two holes later, short 3' putt for par. Instead of marking like I should do, decided that "I'll just clean this up". And promptly missed the putt. Shizzle. Note to self: Always mark, no exceptions. So ended up mucking it around for a 46. The irons played had nothing to do with it. If anything, the score could have been worse. Stupid game.

I'm tired, off to bed. Get to do this all over again tomorrow a.m. Can't wait. Tomorrow is going to be different.

I played a Nike Ignite 410 tour issue head with a UST Proforce PROTO that was just incredible. I got it just as the 460 craze was starting, of course I didn't want to lose the displacement battle so I tried a litany of 460 drivers and always came back to the Ignite 410. I wound up with a TM R1 and that gave the 410 a run but I was inconsistent with the TDR1 so the 410 always wound up in the bag if my driving was off. The 410 was permanently retired when I picked up a 2017 M1, that sealed the deal but the 410 had a 13yr run.

Ping Zing 2i Putter. Despite the slight tendency to miss it just a hair on the toe side it's been in the bag for close to 25 years. Many suitors have come calling. None have replaced it. When it's good, the hole get's really big. (That's what she said).

Stuey -

If you happen to stumble onto a set of Rifle 5.5 shafts, please hang on to them for me. 6.0 is fine and dandy but I'm not getting any younger. 5.5s are pretty scarce unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. Might end up with easier to locate 5.0s anyway, but thought maybe you'd find a set on the scrap pile one day. (Folks tell me the difference for me in 6 vs 5.5 won't be noticeable enough to make it worth it. I dunno.

I played a Nike Ignite 410 tour issue head with a UST Proforce PROTO that was just incredible. I got it just as the 460 craze was starting, of course I didn't want to lose the displacement battle so I tried a litany of 460 driver and always came back to the Ignite 410. I wound up with a TM R1 and that gave the 410 a run but I was inconsistent with the TDR1 so the 410 always wound up in the bag if my driving was off. The 410 was permanently retired when I picked up a 2017 M1, that sealed the deal but the 410 had a 13yr run.

Welcome Spooky ! I am still using an R9...and a Bobby Jones Hybrid that my DW got me many years ago..one of the first hybrids that Jesse Ortiz

came out with after he went on his own...still a great club ! Had a set of irons from 2000 that i was still using...last year I started the experiment

with Cobra One Length. Its an on going process...getting to where i actually like them. Not playing any better as far as I can tell yet..

Spooky - Bill is to our knowledge the one Grillester who's giving single length irons a go. So far he's not in hate or love but we're all keeping an ear to the ground.

Completely off subject again.

I may have posted 4 weeks ago our washing machine expired. We purchased a new one a bargain, so we thought $811, large machine, operated be control panel or IPad, state of the art everything.

Now we have a German store in Australia, no idea if they are in America, Aldi, they sell normal groceries but also twice a week they do special buys, musical instruments, tool, towels, beds, in fact amost everything. This week one of their special buys was a washing machine, it is exactly the same machine we purchased last month but the price is only $419, half price. To say we were not amused is an understatement,

Sooky rant over.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Here my americano comes up short, what exactly is a "washroom"? The same as a toilet or a locker room? Supposing toilet - Always been a mystery to me, that. I dont know about in the US but I gues its the same as here - some places the washroom are like unisex and some places they are split into ladies/men. Never figured out the system for when to split.And exactly the reason for splitting or not splitting.

Stuey -

If you happen to stumble onto a set of Rifle 5.5 shafts, please hang on to them for me. 6.0 is fine and dandy but I'm not getting any younger. 5.5s are pretty scarce unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. Might end up with easier to locate 5.0s anyway, but thought maybe you'd find a set on the scrap pile one day. (Folks tell me the difference for me in 6 vs 5.5 won't be noticeable enough to make it worth it. I dunno.

What tip size you looking for? If I was to hazard a guess, probably .355 tapers. Have a set of .370 (5 - GW) Rifle 5.0 sitting around unused. Blue labels, so after TT bought out Royal Precision. Some have mentioned noticing a difference once Rifle became part of TT. I question the validity of that.

It's a half flex change moving from 6.0 (S+) to 5.5 (S). So whether the difference is noticeable is dependent on how perceptive one is to changes in shaft flex. The usual caveat of everyone's different applies. WTS, if your goal is to "soften up" moving forward, 1/2 flex is perhaps not worth the time or trouble.

Here's a photo from a 2001 Golfsmith catalog with some info on the RP Rifle's.

Perhaps it could be pointed out that men may be highly allergic to these unless DW is not around, but then I wouldn't know, right? ha

Funny story, when our second baby was in need of changing one day, my wife asked if I would change his diaper in his room, which was on the second story. Of course I set a fan in the window against the screen blowing on me to keep the odors at bay while I did the quick lane change routine. Meanwhile she was in the kitchen below cooking something for supper. Well the screen popped out at the bottom from the vibration, and gravity took over and the fan fell out and down to the ground and broke into many pieces. I finished changing him, and took him downstairs, and she calmly said 'this time get one of those that sits on the pole so it stays put'... she hadn't even looked, she just knew what happened...maybe she heard the crash :dntknw:

Not Fella. The "quick lane change" is part of the morning ritual. Seven days a week, when the lad wakes up about 7:30 a.m. As I've mentioned before in these chronicles, our granddaughter and great-grandson live with us. It's a joy and wouldn't have it any other way. I've become so accustomed to the change, don't even think about. Just tell the lad, "No fooling around. Let's get fresh and be done with it." He listens to his 'Da'. We then share the early morning time together, him sitting in my lap, sometimes viewing WRX on the screen as I try and keep his paws off the keyboard. Life has a way of of taking unanticipated directions.

Related. So I figured that it was time for the lad to have his own plastic golf club set. So bought him his first set. Three plastic "clubs" some balls, couple of "holes" all in this wheeled cart that he drags around behind him. Wields these implements around like a Jedi light saber trying to whack the ball around the family room. Have to remain vigilant while he's swinging. One day after I got these, grandma comes home with another set of clubs. I doubt there is another 20 month old that already has two sets of sticks. Perhaps a bad precedent, early childhood club ho development.

(Alas, the boy has woken up. The change has taken place. Now sitting in my lap, watching as I try and finish this composition.)

Whenever he goes to the basement, he makes a beeline to the club stash. Grabs whenever implement that's at hand, and commences to wielding it around. Knows where I have some balls around the work bench. Swings club at ball. Even more dangerously that with the plastic ones.

(No touch. Paws off the keyboard.)

Think he may have future potential. We've been working on his grip some, the 10 finger seems to be working well for him. For about 5 seconds. Fella has to stick around for another 25 years. We've got work to do. It's become important.

Gotta go, he's becoming rambunctious.

Good for you, Fella. Your post made me grin from ear-to-ear! :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So the recovery continues in earnest I suppose... Went for a bike ride yesterday after lunch. I took an old comfort bike rather than my road bike opting for the suspension parts to soak up the road noise. I honestly don't remember the roads around my place being this rough. Winter was hard on the surfaces with lots of frost joints appearing in the pavement. My neighbour was at my house when I got back and she mentioned that she was finding the roads really rough this year on her motorcycle, far worse than their wintering place in Arizona.

You can pedal away in a relaxed fashion on a stationary bike in therapy without even a second thought, but putting the rubber to the road is an entirely different sort of demand on resources. I remember thinking that my quads were barking at me as I was heading out the first 10 minutes or so, but that subsided, then there was a strange sort of numbness in my low back when I was finished, but that disappeared once the compression shorts came off. Maybe I was just to tightly corseted? I figured that a 40 minute ride was about right for a first attempt and so it was as I'm sore this morning, but not in pain, so I figured I tolerated that pretty well especially in combination with swinging a golf club that past couple of days as well.

I've been asked to cover a shift on the 21st at the course as the regular starter is off for 5 days on a motorcycle trip. I'll do that and probably bring along my putter and a wedge to get a bit of legitimate short game and putting practice in. If i pick up a couple of shifts a month that would cover me for men's league when I get back to playing sometime in July. Yup, that's right, I'm working towards a goal with a positive attitude! All we can do is see what happens.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)