Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @Conrad1953 said:

> The love of my life1rsjrno3jtkn.jpg

>

And to boot she knits a mean Afghan too or how ever they are made. About getting to be the time of year to break those out.

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @billh17 said:

> since we 're showing how lucky we are,here is my 5'2" of meaness have to click on it...have no clue why

Nothing mean to my eyes, a very pleasant looking lady that you are privileged to know.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Hankshank said:

> Missus is looking better and better each day since spring when she finished off her chemotherapy session. No walk in the park, that.

Good to hear Hank, would not wish that on anyone.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @billh17 said:

> since we 're showing how lucky we are,here is my 5'2" of meaness have to click on it...have no clue why

Well Bill they say dynamite comes in small packages---- I should know mine is only 4 ft 11 inches. If I can ever figure things out I will someday post pics!!!

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

@tolmij, @billh17, @Conrad1953. Lovely ladies you're married to. You grizzled, old coots have done well for yourselves. Being able to attract such lovely lasses as your brides. Or got lucky. Of course, likely weren't grizzled when you were doing the courting. I've only become grizzled after all these years of matrimonial bliss.

Here's one of my bride, from a month ago. Sitting at the beach, while on vaca, with the little guy (he calls himself a "big guy" now). She keeps me in line, he keeps me young. She'd knock me upside the head if she knew I was posting a pic of her on the internets. Don't say nuthin.

ozrzqu0e9j2w.jpeg

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> @tolmij, @billh17, @Conrad1953. Lovely ladies you're married to. You grizzled, old coots have done well for yourselves. Being able to attract such lovely lasses as your brides. Or got lucky. Of course, likely weren't grizzled when you were doing the courting. I've only become grizzled after all these years of matrimonial bliss.

>

> Here's one of my bride, from a month ago. Sitting at the beach, while on vaca, with the little guy (he calls himself a "big guy" now). She keeps me in line, he keeps me young. She'd knock me upside the head if she knew I was posting a pic of her on the internets. Don't say nuthin.

>

> ozrzqu0e9j2w.jpeg

>

>

Another magnificent lady, we are truly blessed mere mortals.

I think we would all be in deep **** if they knew we were showing them off to the world.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

WEll, I'm baack...

If you haven't been to Alaska then you need to put that on your bucket list, especially those of us that live on this continent. It's spectacular! Maybe I'll post a pic or two in the coming days after I sort through the post travel mess.

We had perfect weather for our days in Juneau and cruising through Glacier Bay National Park. Lots of wildlife spotted at several different locations. Got to see my first Bald Eagles in the flesh along with several Humpback Whales at different times. DW saw a pod of Orcas.

Temperatures were in the mid 50's for the week with quite a bit of wind towards the end. We were hung up in Skagway for 6 hours waiting for the wind to drop enough to safely sail out of port was we had headwinds that day of 60 knots! It was a bit of an undertaking getting back aboard in that sort of fresh breeze... Needless to say with those sorts of breezes there were a couple of days of rough seas, although I know that you Navy vets will scoff at that notion. Lots of green faces on board though. I guess we've cruised enough that we're getting used to pretty much anything you might run into in protected waters. Open seas might be another story, but we have yet to try a repositioning cruise.

All in all, it was a great trip and one that I will definitely do again. I might opt for a little bit earlier in the season to get warmer temperatures though and a bit less rain. Makes one appreciate all condition gear!

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

xmiuijfxr731.jpg

The pier; Juneau Alaska

9ydra3jddbvh.jpg

Mendenhaul Glacier

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

xvhciqzsgwbv.jpg

Downtown Skagway featuring the train station.

0oby729amwdt.jpg

Skagway River taken from the narrow gauge White Pass & Yukon Railway.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

my7qvk3u5kq1.jpg

Johns Hopkins Glacier upclose

y8pm9jqd2sqd.jpg

Margerie Glacier

b24c9aq9fuha.jpg

Tarr Inlet with the Great Pacific Glacier terminal morraine on the left

All taken in Glacier Bay National Park

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Awesome pics Sco! What beautiful and wild country.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

You're welcome boys. I'm not sure you would have got much better with an DSLR than a cellphone in this day and age as more often than not the results never really portray what the eye sees. It was a spiritual day for me when we went to Glacier Bay. It was as if God's hand came down from the heavens and touched us as the clouds cascaded down the mountainsides. There was utter silence when we were up close to Johns Hopkins as the passangers were in a form of reverent awe. You could hear the glacier crack, bang and groan as bits calved off the face and crashed down into the inlet waters. Meanwhile, seal pups were swimming by blissfully...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> WEll, I'm baack...

>

> If you haven't been to Alaska then you need to put that on your bucket list, especially those of us that live on this continent. It's spectacular! Maybe I'll post a pic or two in the coming days after I sort through the post travel mess.

>

> We had perfect weather for our days in Juneau and cruising through Glacier Bay National Park. Lots of wildlife spotted at several different locations. Got to see my first Bald Eagles in the flesh along with several Humpback Whales at different times. DW saw a pod of Orcas.

>

> Temperatures were in the mid 50's for the week with quite a bit of wind towards the end. We were hung up in Skagway for 6 hours waiting for the wind to drop enough to safely sail out of port was we had headwinds that day of 60 knots! It was a bit of an undertaking getting back aboard in that sort of fresh breeze... Needless to say with those sorts of breezes there were a couple of days of rough seas, although I know that you Navy vets will scoff at that notion. Lots of green faces on board though. I guess we've cruised enough that we're getting used to pretty much anything you might run into in protected waters. Open seas might be another story, but we have yet to try a repositioning cruise.

>

> All in all, it was a great trip and one that I will definitely do again. I might opt for a little bit earlier in the season to get warmer temperatures though and a bit less rain. Makes one appreciate all condition gear!

Happy you had a good time Sco, lovely pics, keep them coming.

DW did a tour of Canada as part of her round the world trip in the mid 1960, it was on our go to list until my accident.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Ha, I was awarded the "Ancient Membership" badge today. I'm now

officially "old" everywhere now, lol. The good thing is Scotee is hot

on my heels to become an ancient WRXer very soon too so I will be

in good company!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Ha, I was awarded the "Ancient Membership" badge today. I'm now

> officially "old" everywhere now, lol. The good thing is Scotee is hot

> on my heels to become an ancient WRXer very soon too so I will be

> in good company!

Very happy to be a youngster, unlike you old buggers.????????

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well the cortisone injection, which was expensive has not worked, I can have another for free within the three month period if it does not work

, but I cannot see any justification in doing that with the possibility of infection. DW found a good shoulder brace on line so we are waiting for it to arrive, it is supposed to give support and allow the shoulder to heal, we shall know soon. If this does not work it will be back to the drawing board.

Sleep tight Grillers , my sleep time 10.50pm.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I neglected to mention that we stopped in Ketchikan on the Friday. Didn't take any pictures as it was pouring rain. They say it rains there 328 days a year on average! Those folks wear some serious raincoats/rainsuits and most are sporting Wellingtons as well.

WE went on a pub crawl that day hitting up a few of the local bars and sampling a few of the local libations. The locals are a pretty hardy lot, easy to spot from the tourists by both dress and demeanour. It's a hard land worked by hard folk who make their livelihood fishing or lumbering. One of the more interesting pours was called a Duck Fart. It consisted of a shot of Bailey's, a shot of Kahlua and a shot of Crown Royal in what looked to be the world's biggest shot glass. Turns out that's just a standard Alaskan shot glass. Thye make them big up there!

The guides took us through the historic district called the Creek Flats. It wa a series of shiplap clad buildings that housed brothels or speakeasies at the turn of the century. Apparently Alaska endured two prohibitions. The final building in the row we stopped at and it was called Dolly's House. This was the place of business of Dolly Arthur, Ketchikan's last legal madame. The story goes that she bought the place for $800 and paid for it in full the first night it was open! That's quite a feat considering in those days a trick was turned for $2-$3!

[https://amazon.ca/Dollys-House-Ketchikans-Legal-Madam-ebook/dp/B004XD4SOO](http://https://www.amazon.ca/Dollys-House-Ketchikans-Legal-Madam-ebook/dp/B004XD4SOO "https://amazon.ca/Dollys-House-Ketchikans-Legal-Madam-ebook/dp/B004XD4SOO")

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Has anyone had contact with Reason, seems he is up to his neck in personal problems. Anyone hearing from him tell him he is in our prayers.

>

>

> I haven't heard from him since he was last here on July 9th. I

> hope we hear from him soon.

Battle-scarred but not beaten. Thankful for small victories / simple pleasures.

PMs will be answered in the coming days. Life has been and continues to force a lot of reprioritizing.

The main news - STILL no hole in one - YET. Turns out you have to play for that to happen. Who knew???

Parting thought until time permits more:

You can now actually buy yourself a smart sink faucet. Gentlemen, when the day comes I'm seen talking to my faucet, please remove all sharp objects and have me institutionalized. My ice is way too dumb for a smart faucet.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> I neglected to mention that we stopped in Ketchikan on the Friday. Didn't take any pictures as it was pouring rain. They say it rains there 328 days a year on average! Those folks wear some serious raincoats/rainsuits and most are sporting Wellingtons as well.

>

> WE went on a pub crawl that day hitting up a few of the local bars and sampling a few of the local libations. The locals are a pretty hardy lot, easy to spot from the tourists by both dress and demeanour. It's a hard land worked by hard folk who make their livelihood fishing or lumbering. One of the more interesting pours was called a Duck ****. It consisted of a shot of Bailey's, a shot of Kahlua and a shot of Crown Royal in what looked to be the world's biggest shot glass. Turns out that's just a standard Alaskan shot glass. Thye make them big up there!

>

> The guides took us through the historic district called the Creek Flats. It wa a series of shiplap clad buildings that housed brothels or speakeasies at the turn of the century. Apparently Alaska endured two prohibitions. The final building in the row we stopped at and it was called Dolly's House. This was the place of business of Dolly Arthur, Ketchikan's last legal madame. The story goes that she bought the place for $800 and paid for it in full the first night it was open! That's quite a feat considering in those days a trick was turned for $2-$3!

>

> [https://amazon.ca/Dollys-House-Ketchikans-Legal-Madam-ebook/dp/B004XD4SOO](http://https://www.amazon.ca/Dollys-House-Ketchikans-Legal-Madam-ebook/dp/B004XD4SOO "https://amazon.ca/Dollys-House-Ketchikans-Legal-Madam-ebook/dp/B004XD4SOO")

>

>

Tried the link but it would not load, amazing how much these ladies could make, must have been plenty of lonely soles around.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> For your listening and watching pleasure. And that smile!

>

Very nice!

Hey, a guy was at our house recently who makes custom guitars

as a sideline. I showed him my mahogany Martin that I bought

new in 2006 for $800. He told me that guitar is now worth 2-3

times what I paid for it. Could that be possible?

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Reasonability said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Has anyone had contact with Reason, seems he is up to his neck in personal problems. Anyone hearing from him tell him he is in our prayers.

> >

> >

> > I haven't heard from him since he was last here on July 9th. I

> > hope we hear from him soon.

>

> Battle-scarred but not beaten. Thankful for small victories / simple pleasures.

>

> PMs will be answered in the coming days. Life has been and continues to force a lot of reprioritizing.

>

> The main news - STILL no hole in one - YET. Turns out you have to play for that to happen. Who knew???

>

> Parting thought until time permits more:

> You can now actually buy yourself a smart sink faucet. Gentlemen, when the day comes I'm seen talking to my faucet, please remove all sharp objects and have me institutionalized. My ice is way too dumb for a smart faucet.

>

>

Welcome back old pal. Glad you're still in one piece!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Reasonability said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Has anyone had contact with Reason, seems he is up to his neck in personal problems. Anyone hearing from him tell him he is in our prayers.

> >

> >

> > I haven't heard from him since he was last here on July 9th. I

> > hope we hear from him soon.

>

> Battle-scarred but not beaten. Thankful for small victories / simple pleasures.

>

> PMs will be answered in the coming days. Life has been and continues to force a lot of reprioritizing.

>

> The main news - STILL no hole in one - YET. Turns out you have to play for that to happen. Who knew???

>

> Parting thought until time permits more:

> You can now actually buy yourself a smart sink faucet. Gentlemen, when the day comes I'm seen talking to my faucet, please remove all sharp objects and have me institutionalized. My ice is way too dumb for a smart faucet.

>

>

Good to see you still have a sense on humour, see you when the time is right, look after yourself and don’t stay sober.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)