Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I just read that 15 states now have stay at home orders in effect. So far Alabama is not one of them. Whether that is wise or not

time will tell. I still plan to play a round of golf tomorrow and will keep playing as long as I feel it is safe to do so. I'll hit a few for

you guys on lock down.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well Fella we are still open down here. Went to the course early to drink my coffee smoke a cigar and watch the sun come up sitting on the patio looking at the 10th hole. Now it was a little cool cloudy with a little mist but I enjoyed my solitude. Some of the early morning men's league came in mostly gents in their 70s. But their numbers were down from about 40 or so to 15 . The ladies league had only 8 players. I sat there and drank my coffee and enjoyed my cigar and watched them practice putting. then they split grouped them off of both sides. Time for me to get to work. I do not know if I told you guys or not but last week I "inherited" about 20 putters all modern Mallet types with Super Stroke grips from an old golf bud. Actually 19 of them 1 of them was mine to begin with. I had messed with all of them some last Monday and Tuesday on the same putting green bringing them out in one of my Titleist Staff bags. My old golf bud frankly is dying and he wanted me to have all those putters and he joked that I got my Bobby Grace back finally after 10 years. there were 3 Grace putters in all including a Grace belly I had built for him. I had always liked the Grace putters after all they are Macgregor. I had my protractor out along with my clamp board and c clamp and bending bar along with my alignment sticks and laser. I bent my old Grace for me and had done the measurements. Now those putters were always light feeling to me so I weighted up that one for feel since it does have the long SS grip on it. I hate to estimate how much lead tape I used but it was a bunch. Will say this if I used it for a weapon if the weight did not kill someone they would die from lead poisoning. Got it feeling good and it rolls the ball well. Man the Bobby Grace putters that is another story within itself of how I got 15 Tour Issue heads back in 07. Walked 3 holes with my minimalist set of 7 clubs with that Grace putter in the bag. Mostly as a on course experiment with the Grace Putter. Putted pretty decent for me.

As far as my course staying open it is up in the air. Like everything else here the bar and grill are closed and this place makes a lot off the bar and grill. Usually for league play and the shootout on Saturday we have a lot of Snowbirds this time of year. Attendance was down Saturday and today. You are only allowed in the club house to pay and use the restroom. They did have a group of 4 young guys from out of town do a call and walk in. Seems one of the resort courses where they had a tee time did not open up and they wanted to play. I do know the last 2 weeks a lot of the snowbirds cut their time short and went home. I talked to one couple from England that has wintered here for the last 15 years and they were cutting their stay short and going back today. Do not know golf wise what the future holds for courses here. We have no mandatory shut downs etc yet. But from a profit side this time of the year the courses depend on the snowbird traffic along with the retiree local residents to make a profit. Since most of the local retirees are in their 70s and are at the high risk group with health problems anyhow so a lot of them maybe wisely are staying home. The ops manager/ co owner told me if they closed for profit reasons I was welcome to walk. I reckon I am working Wed thru Fri so I will see

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Seems you are coping well with it all Stu, good to know your golf club manager is taking care of his better customers, difficult for him now I would imagine balancing how to go ahead.

In a time like this when the world is resetting people such as yourself transporting essential goods round the country should be treated as saints, irrespective of how carefull you are, you are putting yourself at risk. You take extra care my friend, do not under any circumstances want to see you getting this infection.

Grillers unite.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

As of midnight tomorrow we will be on lockdown for a minimum of two weeks. All non-essential businesses are to close to the public. The list of who is exempt will be released tomorrow morning. I suspect the small course that is open in the area will have to close. I was thinking about heading up there for nine holes on Thursday when it warms up, but that is now likely not going to be an option. So close and yet so far.

Of all the various little projects that might be doable at home with a few inputs it is now likely that none of these will be possible. How does one fill your day? Read more nonsense online? I've had about enough of that. I saw a headline banning groups of two or more people from congregating. Seriously? Do the authorities plan on invading the nation's bedrooms? It's all got a bit ridiculous. Perhaps it only goes to show how unprepared we are as a nation for emergencies of this scope. Combine that with a distinct lack of empathy and unwillingness to follow rules will lead us directly to an authoritarian state I fear. This sort of reminds me of chemotherapy where the cure is often times worse than the affliction. The problem is that they don't know of any other way of dealing with it.

This journey of life, she's a strange beast. You never know when the road will get bumpy, steep and dangerous. At other times it feels as though you're driving through the fog, unsure of where you're going or what lies ahead.

Stay safe my friends.

• Like 3

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

You reckon yours are not prepared, ours are showing just how stupid they are. Last week a cruise ship was allowed to unload, something like 100 people were positive but no one was tested even for temp when they disembarked so all of the 3,700 went about their business for nearly a week before action was taken, now they are trying to find the passengers.

there are currently 7 cruise ships approaching Australia with over 20000 on board and they are all expecting to go ashore. One at present trying to disembark has all its passengers from Iran, Italy and Germany, they think possibly up to 50% are infected and they are demanding to come ashore.

pollies really have to grow a pair and do what is correct for their own people, many of these on the cruises went on them after it started and knew the dangers so why should we give them the right to land. Their bad.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

How about this for gross stupidity.

A leader of our country who helped make some of the shut down decisions stated on TV at a press conference he was not aware people would lose their jobs when the pubs, clubs etc were closed. All he said was my bad then carried on as if nothing had happened.

How can we end up with this sort of incompetence from our leaders, it seems no one in the UK Australia or America has a bloody clue what they are doing and it is not as if the answers were not there if they asked the correct people.??

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Because of our age we have been given priority on home grocery delivery from a local supermarket. We had to give information so they could check age etc but it meant we waited one day for our delivery instead of 10 days. This afternoon first delivery, on time all correct, they put the goods on the front step, photograph it for proof and ring the door bell then walk away so there is no personal contact. Excellent service, being an old bugger has its advantages.?

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The list of essential businesses came out late last night. The Ontario government’s list of essential businessesLooks as though the home improvement projects may in fact be a go as retailers of those sorts of products are able to remain open if they so choose. Many have taken the step of offering curbside pickup, making your order online and paying via CC that way there is no/limited person-to-person contact.

The greenhouse I deal with for bedding plants is offering an interesting option. You take your planters to them and drop them off with instructions of what you want and they will plant them free of charge and then call when you can pick them up. We'll be taking them up on this option.

Unfortunately, golf courses were not considered essential and will have to be shuttered as will any other business that serves recreation. Interestingly, restaurants can remain open for takeout/delivery only. The bars and pubs have been closed for a week now and there will be no end in sight for them. Alcohol retailers do get to stay open so at least we'll be able to drown our sorrows...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I just got back from playing 18. Have a tee time for Friday 10AM. The prevailing attitude seems to be that a statewide lock down is still

a possibility and so we're enjoying playing while we can and hope a lock down won't be necessary.

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

9FNRGJTL5FXG.png

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

No going stir crazy allowed in here!

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

Had a change over switch connected to my electricity box today, purchased a 250v generator just in case, now stocking some fuel, try it out in two days time. All we want is to be able to run the lights, if the power goes out for any time there is no knowing what the idiots will do, they are already holding up toilet roll warehouses with knives and stealing car loads of the stuff from the workmen. Fortunately we do live in a fairly closed area with good helpful neighbours.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hmmm... Heavy stuff @tolmij Pestilence, anarchy, sounds a bit like the beginnings of a reckoning. There's reference to such times in Revelations. Makes me want to dig up my copy of Living in the End Times by Slavoj Zizek.

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Good morning all from the petri dish known as Southern California!

I'm pretty sure everyone has seen how IDIOTIC the average youth is today with EVERYONE at the beach this past weekend! Thanks to those morons, I no longer have beach access to escape said morons. Golf courses are almost all closed here (huge surprise), and I was able to get out to play some disc golf ... until the morons got parks and disc golf courses closed by sharing their ... goods ... and playing in groups up to 12!

Hot take alert!! I really wish this virus would focus on the stupid folks (see: beachgoers, those sharing their "medicine," and those snot-nosed Spring Breakers who are ignoring all the rules) and leave us who avoid them alone. I know that isn't going to happen... but we could dream. Just remember: those idiots get to vote...

(can you guess after 17 days in isolation on top of the 4 months working from home 6-7 days a week ... 8-12 hours a day ... I'm a bit cranky?)

• Like 4

Maybe? That was a classic movie..............plus I'm a Kenny Loggins fan.......................so...........................another one.... this time from Caddy Shack.............

• Like 3

SLED Gemini

And one more from Kenny....then it's back to repainting the pool deck................my honey do for this week......

• Like 3

SLED Gemini

Washington State "stay home stay healthy" orders go into effect tonight at midnight. The list of essential critical infrastructure businesses that are allowed to remain open, is 14 pages long, and includes recreational cannabis.

Can't lose that tax revenue stream right now. lol

Here is the Governor's official order: Here is the list of Essential Critical Infrastructure businesses allowed to remain open, and the employees who may continue to report to work:

I'm most definitely on the list of essential critical infrastructure, so my day to day is not affected, other than I can't check out the golf stores or gun stores during lunch break, for now.

• Like 3
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

We like the Boy Scouts motto, be prepared. Twice in our married life we have been left with nothing and it was only by thinking ahead and knowing the possible consequences that we worked through both of them and emerged from the other side relatively unscathed. The worst one was when through no fault of our own other than not enough foresight we had our house repossessed. Not a a nice experience but here we are living in our dream home and ready to defend it come what may.

Our neighbour friend who is also our electrician has this week qualified for his gun license and purchased a shot gun, now this is someone who I think as down to earth but conservative. His comments to me yesterday were we hope it does not come to it but I am prepared to use it.

Strange times indeed.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

You guys remember these plastic model kits?

I was a kid in the 70s and me and Dad used to make some. Especially remember this battleship we made, had a motor and everything.

Model glue! Think I may have to track one of these kits and some glue down on eBay. Seem to have some time on my hands for some reason ; )

26E35KOA4TZQ.jpeg

TLQXUODVQAZA.jpeg

• Like 3

Conrad, you go play golf please and blast a drive high and far for me. Seems like that something you can do very easily and do it as safely as anything we are “authorized” to do here in NYC lockdown within safe parameters.

People here are pretty serious about the social distancing and with good reason. But I’m out biking, and working out in the park and as long as I don’t need to come within 10 feet of someone, they have no complaints and nor do I.

I just feel bad I can’t see my mom and dad or my niece and nephew. Poor kid couldn’t even have his 9th birthday party ; ( But he’s a trooper that kid.

In our case, it’s important to stay away from my parents (they are in their 80s) since I could very well have covid and not know it. Even though it’s been 11 days since we have been in lockdown with just trips to the store and park and insane hand washing, just can’t risk it until I know either:

Ive had the virus and resolved. And the only way to know is a test and who knows when I’ll get one unless I get sick.This thing gets pretty much resolved. And wow, when will we know that?

Craziest time I can remember. Psyched for you to get out there, enjoy!

• Like 3

I remember plastic model kits well @bscinstnct . When I was a youth I had a fairly decent collection of WWII aircraft. The kit suppliers were Airfix, Frog and Revell. Had plenty of tins of enamel too in all the various drab colours found in the various camouflage schemes. Interesting names for the various colours like sky type, mid stone and zinc chromate.
Model kits would definitely be a great way to kill time. In fact, at one point I believe I even had a kit or two from those days that were in unfinished state. I seem to recall that they went to the church yard sale with the expectation that some doting grandparent would remember them fondly and introduce their grandchild to such things. I wouldn't even begin to know where to go to buy something like that today, but I suppose eBay would have something. The catch would be getting the paints to finish it off properly.
For some reason I was a bit of an aficionado of naval aircraft in particular with my two favourite models being an F6F Hellcat and a Fairy Firefly. Strange when you think about it because my uncle was a bomber pilot during WWII flying Lancasters over Germany in 1945.

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I was into modelling big time as a youth, but mine were the balsa wood planes. Had many of them but unfortunately not many flew correctly and had tragic accidents that rendered them inoperable. In other words they crashed and smashed, balsa wood does not like hard contact with the ground.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)