2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Wow, all these cancellations of major sporting events and now the news the Master's has been postponed and possibly

cancelled. Player's Championship and all other events leading up to the Master's now cancelled. I guess it was to be

expected.

• Like 2

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

AGNC had no choice but to postpone. Given the current state of affairs we are facing. Seemingly everything here is closing until further notice (April 5th seems to be this magical date). Schools, churches, non-essential governmental offices, businesses are telling people to work from home, non-essential governmental offices. Events have increased exponentially in the last couple of days.

The solution seemingly is testing, diagnosis, quarantine, containment. With no vaccine in the foreseeable future, perhaps all that can be done. Events have unfolding exponentially the last couple of days. Certainly not going to live in isolation, afraid to leave my home. However, the last 48 hours has certainly heightened awareness of where I might be going and with how many I may be surrounded by. Unsettling times are upon us gentlemen. At least until those knowledgeable and in positions of responsibility gets this sorted out, supply us with accurate information, and under some semblance of control.

Perhaps one of the few relatively safe havens might be out on a golf course. Playing solo.

• Like 3

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

People are scared. You can see it in their eyes. The Superstore had more shoppers today than on Christmas Eve. Soon there will be shortages of many things due to hoarding. The fear will cause more trouble for us than the virus! This is not a good situation. That may have as much to do with the cancelations and closures essentially forcing people to stay home where there's greater chance for sane minds to prevail.

• Like 3

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yes the panic will cause more damage than the virus, our prime minister, the equivalent of Donald has shown no common sense, no leadership and no real plan. They are still allowing the Universities to bring in 30,000 Chinese students in via a third country, the idiot University leaders? are paying then to come to Australia and the students are complaining about the government stopping direct travel from China, what is the problem with China opening its own Universities, and why is our leader? allowing this to happen. We are concentrating on keeping ourselves safe, son’s work has allowed other state programmers to work from home but for some reason not Queensland. Son is off work on an unrelated matter on Monday and is then going to refuse to go in to the office until it is safe, he has an hours travel each way on public transport which has been designated the most dangerous for catching the virus. The most frustrating thing is the people making these decisions are doctors who should have more urgency with their actions but they have now been stuffing around trying to make a decision for over a week, anyway we have between us decided unemployed is better than dead so they can take it or leave it, and as son is their lead programmer they will take it.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

LOL?

Australian scientists have now developed a vaccine, testing on humans about to start, will be available towards the end of the year. lots of water under the bridge before then, let’s hope it cools down soon. If people are sensible( I know that is a big ask) there will be enough to go round, many things will be closed, that’s the nature of this beast, but we should be able to minimise the risk, and that is all we can do personally, unfortunately we are in the hands of others.

Sean, I think I may have to start stockpiling them and build one for myself.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Was at Home Depot the night before last and they had a whole pallet full of their house brand. Grabbed a couple 18 per packs. Likely gone by now. The local grocery store did not have one paper product on the shelf yesterday afternoon. Good for awhile now. Got a backyard full of leaves if worse comes to worse. Madness.

And undoubtedly one of the new terms for the year: Social Distancing.

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Reporting from deep inside America's "RED ZONE" of the "COVID-19 PANDEMIC CRISIS"

...I worked Mon-Thurs this week, 0600 til about 1700. I pretty much am self-reliant and sufficient while @ work, but did have to make some runs to vendors for parts, materials, food, and good conversation. Everything was as normal, and those I made contact with were all of the agreement that this is a tad overblown....

I spent yesterday in bed until about 0900 snuggled up under an electric blanket because I'm working on my furnace and forgot to start fire. The temps dropped down below freezing and it started to snow. So now, not only is there COVID-19 to worry about, but a whole bunch of people who can't even drive their Subarus on a warm, dry day are out there on a cold, snowy day. So I stayed protected, built a roaring fire, made some eggs, played on the internet, and played in my shop.

Last night I went to the gym, was alone. It was sure quiet in there and a little creepy.

All schools in the entire state are closed until the end of April, and gatherings of more than 250 people, for any reason, in the entire state, are prohibited. Interestingly this does not include Costco, or WalMart, or Target, or any other corporation with ties directly to Chinese manufac..........oh wait, nevermind, hey look a squirrel. Lots of chillins out and about with their pals, looking for something to do. One would think with all this technology the school districts could Skype classes but who knows....

My chain smoking retiree neighbor who never washes his hands after he pees is all freaked out--my inner arsehole reminded him maybe cutting back on the smoking and doing a little more scrubbin of the paws would benefit him greatly. His instant response was "I have three cases of 'sanitize' and I'm vaping now." America.........

My TP stock is sufficient, and I'm on a private well so I can pee and poop for a long time yet. Best thing is, I dunno how many of you know this, is you can wash your behind with water, too. The rich do it all time with that Bidet thing. They're pretty cool, Ron White has a great NSFW skit about them. I wonder if Notah invented it? (bad joke...)

It's currently 1139 and I'm eating french toast, watching youtube vijayos about diesel Mercedes cars and Rick Shiels. I kinda like that guy.

WE WILL REBUILD.

Best,

Dan C. from Monte

• Like 3
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Hard to believe folks are stealing TP from the restrooms at the golf course. Most of us Grillers are in the DANGER ZONE age wise

and I dont see any of us in panic mode. I do see a lot of 30/50 years old folks who act like the world is gonna end. If it is, why do they need to hoard TP ? maybe they are onto something. Seems to be a bit overblown to me. After my episode 4 years ago, i am a firm believer that our time is set and if it isn't your time,you aren't going. If it is your time,you're done.

Close all the schools....and the malls are full of kids. Go to skeleton crews at stores, and end up with 30 people standing in line. Stand in front on a stage,and tell everyone to not get into crowds...and you have 30 people on the stage behind you.

Getting just shy of being silly !

I have thought for a while that the human species are someones ant farm. Wonder if Q would agree?

• Like 3

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

You reminded us.....................no Q sighting in a while. Earth to Q; where are you?

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

Has anyone heard from Wriggs? or Reasy? Sixty, you got your ears on? I hope they're all OK.

• Like 2

SLED Gemini

It does seem some of the responses whist possibly required, they have not been thought out very well. One thing for certain this is a big wake up call for humans, it is showing them just how vulnerable they are. Hopefully it will be a reset for the world.

Yes we as a group are in possibly the most vulnerable position, we are taking it steady, not having panic attacks but trying to do what we can to minimise the danger. At present there are several positives in Brisbane around 40 miles away but nothing in our area as yet. One announcement we are waiting for is the cancellation of the local council elections which are due in two weeks, we shall see.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well on the sunny side of things programming has became more entertaining on the GC. Yesterday morning early they aired several episodes of Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. Got me inspired so I pulled out a Bulls Eye flanged putter I am fond of for the shootout yesterday morning. Glad I did putted the best I have done in a while. But with me putting is streaky any more. But then this morning the GC programming totally sucks they have instruction BS on.

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Goes to show us country boy rednecks will survive no matter what part of the country we are from. Yep I have a wood stove and plenty of fire wood and yes do not have to have proper TP to make my hiney shiney.

• Like 3

Son went into our normal shopping place today Sunday, crowded but as usual it was full of polite shoppers, still letting those with a few items to break the queue. The manager had asked all his staff to attend and they were required, possibly three times more in there than normal. Still plenty on the shelves as apart from the toilet roll incident last Wednesday they are still acting with decorum, only taking what was required for this week and not for the next six months. There are still some rational people out there.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I agree @BIG STU , I was watching GC yesterday afternoon and caught the 3 episodes of Arnie followed by 2 episodes of the Ben Hogan Story.
Enjoyed both, but I was more of an Arnie fan. Frankly, I found Hogan to be completely unlikeable and arrogant. I suppose his upbringing and the struggles that he endured shaped his personality, but it wasn't until he almost dies that he found any compassion at all me thinks. It really struck me of how dismissive he was of modern PGA pros when he was older, calling them spoiled and soft right to their faces. No wonder he was so rigid in the way in which he designed golf clubs and marketed them. He was actually the polar opposite of Arnold Palmer though a generation earlier. The protagonist to the All American image of Byron Nelson.

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Here's one for you @BIG STU and all us other redneck country boys that call this place home...
https://youtu.be/3cQNkIrg-Tk

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Stealing toilet paper from a golf course? Sheesh.

I played golf yesterday for the first time in a long time (senior tees). Shot +1 on the front and +7 on the back for an 80. My three playing partners were kids in their early 20s...who I play regularly with...not sure why they enjoy the company of a almost 65 year old, lol. One of the kids asked me if I was worried about the virus and I said, "No", and he said he was quite concerned. His company has him working from home now. I think the media is being a bit irresponsible in catastrophizing the virus. My main concern is the effect all this will have on our economy.

• Like 2

As I said earlier, I think this will cause a complete reboot of the world. So many countries in lockdown, financial markets on the rapid decline, governments telling us older people sorry you are no longer important. The thing that has struck me is how ineffective our leaders are, ours is changing his mind from day to day, does not seem to know what is going to be best and those advising him are no better. This is really a massive wait and see exercise.

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We have a 10AM tee time tomorrow. No worries. We're too dumb to know how to pass a virus around down here, thankfully.

It took 3 "how to" seminars at the Marriot just to get us a few cases so our state could get colored in on the US corona map.

• Like 3

SLED Gemini

I'm not optimistic that the course I work at will open anytime soon. AS much as management would dearly love some cashflow, it's difficult to imagine many rounds being played when the average player is in their mid 70's, many with heart and respiratory problems that would make them high risk. No doubt, it will be cheaper for them to remain closed until the worst of this is past and save on expenses: staff, fuel, etc.
I do know that the club is ramping up to open, but things are changing rapidly. Our church was going to continue to hold services, but that changed yesterday when the minister got sick, so now I think that the board will err on the cautious side because once again we have a vulnerable membership.
I'm hopeful that golf will be available somewhere in the vicinity this spring, but it's hard to know in advance until someone actually announces that they are open. Curling is ongoing, but that could stop at any moment. The local YMCA has closed until further notice, so I just don't know how any particular business will react to this. It's going to be really quiet for the next three weeks.
-------------------------
I read a gov't advisory late last night recommending that we sanitize all high touch surfaces in our homes daily. No wonder hoarding is going on if people read that! Honestly, the fear that is being created, not just by media, but by our authorities now is going to be the biggest issue we have to contend with. The bug will come and go. It will do what it will do while we collectively jump over the cliff in anticipation of the worst!
I think valuable lessons can be learned from the UK as they have chosen not to close everything down on the hopes of mitigating mass hysteria and panic attempting to keep life in some semblance of normalcy.
I think you might be right @tolmij , the world will be different after this is over and most likely it won't be for the better. It's interesting that my wife and I discussed the other night whether we would bring children into this world as it appears to be evolving. When we were young, we didn't give it a second thought. We believed that the world was a good place to bring children into. Now that we're in our senior years we aren't so sure. WE don't have any grandchildren to dote on and my wife would love that dearly, but none of our kids are making the move towards having a family and we honestly can't blame them...

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well, the insanity has reached here finally. Went to Walmart this AM to get pool chemicals and pool salt as pool weather seems to be

coming early this year and....................decided to breeze by a few sections in the store...................ALL TP and ALL PT........GONE! When I

was checking out there was a gal wearing a dust mask in front of me.

Fortunately, we keep pretty well stocked up at home on "staples" so we're good on those 2 things for a good while yet. As soon as I

got home I raced in and washed my hands, lol.

• Like 3

SLED Gemini

You would have had to know my old man to really appreciate this. Remember my old man played the Tour some in the south east back in the late 40s and early 50s and he knew a lot of the old timers. My old man had his ways. If he did not like someone he would not speak ill of them he would just state he did not want to talk about them period. For some reason he disliked Ben Hogan and would not sell Hogan clubs at retail in his shop. I about got him to talk on it when I bought a beautiful Sun Jet bag from his pro friend in Eastern NC. Actually my Granny at my request bought it from him for my Christmas present. When I got it he scowled but remained non committal. I remember when the Hogan dealers got the letter about the Apex shafts in non Hogan clubs his friend sent him a copy and he got a kick out of it. But if it involved making money he could be a hypocrite. When the gamblers were doing the Apex conversions it did not stop him from ordering Apex shafts from his bud and bumping them up some and selling them. When the shaft ban happened he just got his friend to order full sets because the gamblers did not care about price. I can remember when the Sun Jet tore up from being on my golf cart too much he had a field day telling me that was what I got for talking my Granny into buying me a junk golf bag. I also remember him saying what kind of idiot would ruin a good set of Macgregor clubs putting inferior Apex shafts in them. I think his pro friend in Eastern NC may have known the story of why my old man did not like Hogan but he died in like 74 or so. Now he spoke very highly of Byron Nelson and Billy Casper and they were good friends

• Like 4

Seriously guys there is a thread here on the 19th hole section about toilet Paper

• Like 3

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)