Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyson is like the Big Lebowski director. Has a cult following that is loved but 99% of people who could careless or even know his work. While guys like Spielburg, Nolan, etc who know how to truly grow a brand while still demanding a premium price for their work.

Aw man aren’t you that really famous guy who asked for a veteran discount from Piretti and then tried immediately flipping the putter for a profit? Man, you’re really famous. Can’t wait to hear what else you have to say.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

i guess i need to go and burn my money and my sh*t cuz big ern mccracken says its only worth 24.95 and no body knows about it. stupidity baffles me some days.

I never said you were stupid or baffled.

Before I start collecting Tyson’s stuff.. I used a wood tee

It work but not as cool as a shield or donut. However, I met some cool people because of Lamb foods > than the US Mint

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Tyson is like the Big Lebowski director. Has a cult following that is loved but 99% of people who could careless or even know his work. While guys like Spielburg, Nolan, etc who know how to truly grow a brand while still demanding a premium price for their work.

Aw man aren’t you that really famous guy who asked for a veteran discount from Piretti and then tried immediately flipping the putter for a profit? Man, you’re really famous. Can’t wait to hear what else you have to say.

Tried? It sold long ago...

Aw man arent you that really famous guy who asked for a veteran discount from Piretti and then tried immediately flipping the putter for a profit? Man, youre really famous. Cant wait to hear what else you have to say.

The legend continues...!

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

the Big Lebowski is directed by the Coen Brothers. They have won 4 Academy Awards....bad comparison imho. True Grit, Burn After Reading, No Country for Old Men, The Lady Killers, The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo, Hail Ceasar, etc......i take it you arent a movie buff.....

He can't even produce his current lineup of 2 headshapes with any type of regularity. What makes anyone think adding a mallet will fix his issues? I'm sure you will see a Lamb Jammer with one soon enough though.

im sure once it it produced the first one will go to someone who is a collector of his work. remember Lamb Jam was for the top spenders with the company, not for his buddies (that is our road trip)

im also sure Tyson really cares about your concerns....hes not making stupid money or anything with his current business model...hey maybe he can be like countless other putter makers that no one has never heard of. When i first met Tyson he asked me my opinion on what model he should follow, i told him to follow the Cameron model, as its the only one worth following. But i told him to make some tweaks here and there. so far 3 years into his putter business and he is demanding $2,000 for putters and there is a line around the street to get one. im going to say hes doing just fine, regardless what anyone thinks. He is having a release of putters this month 100%....lets see how fast those 20-50 sticks sell out. im going to guess under 5 minutes....but im open to you or anyone elses expert opinion.

Aw man aren't you that really famous guy who asked for a veteran discount from Piretti and then tried immediately flipping the putter for a profit? Man, you're really famous. Can't wait to hear what else you have to say.

so you burnt a bridge with Piretti, now you are burning a bridge with Lamb, do you want to go for the hat trick?......you sir are making quite the name for yourself in the boutique putter world.

He can't even produce his current lineup of 2 headshapes with any type of regularity. What makes anyone think adding a mallet will fix his issues? I'm sure you will see a Lamb Jammer with one soon enough though.

im sure once it it produced the first one will go to someone who is a collector of his work. remember Lamb Jam was for the top spenders with the company, not for his buddies (that is our road trip)

im also sure Tyson really cares about your concerns....hes not making stupid money or anything with his current business model...hey maybe he can be like countless other putter makers that no one has never heard of. When i first met Tyson he asked me my opinion on what model he should follow, i told him to follow the Cameron model, as its the only one worth following. But i told him to make some tweaks here and there. so far 3 years into his putter business and he is demanding $2,000 for putters and there is a line around the street to get one. im going to say hes doing just fine, regardless what anyone thinks. He is having a release of putters this month 100%....lets see how fast those 20-50 sticks sell out. im going to guess under 5 minutes....but im open to you or anyone elses expert opinion.

This is only partially true since it seems like only his friends could actually get a putter in the last year and the same guys continued to show up with new ones yet they never went on their website.

I have dropped alot of money on their site since November and have 95% of it stil but yet never had access to a putter. Alot of people couldn't be top spenders even if they wanted to since they dont have access to $1250-$2k putter purchases at a time.

Also I did PM you when you said if anyone was willing to spend 1250-2k on a putter and wanted one to shoot you a message and you would see what you could do and I never heard back. Tyson does cater to his friends first and foremost and there is no denying that. Id be surprised if you tried to argue that. Now with that being said, Id probably cater to my friends as well but as a buyer of alot of his stuff, its been frustrating to not even have a chance at a putter

This is only partially true since it seems like only his friends could actually get a putter in the last year and the same guys continued to show up with new ones yet they never went on their website.

I have dropped alot of money on their site since November and have 95% of it stil but yet never had access to a putter. Alot of people couldn't be top spenders even if they wanted to since they dont have access to $1250-$2k putter purchases at a time.

Also I did PM you when you said if anyone was willing to spend 1250-2k on a putter and wanted one to shoot you a message and you would see what you could do and I never heard back. Tyson does cater to his friends first and foremost and there is no denying that. Id be surprised if you tried to argue that. Now with that being said, Id probably cater to my friends as well but as a buyer of alot of his stuff, its been frustrating to not even have a chance at a putter

I have to agree with this post. Without direct access to the Lamb family it’s just not possible to spend enough to make the LJ threshold. I’ve spent as much as humanly possibly at every release since Oct. But being an outsider no access to putters. Our only access is to pay Jim at Table Rocks 100% markup prices on putters which don’t count for spend either. But I also know that their are some people that are friends who got the invite. I think they said something about inviting a certain amount of friend of Lamb to event. I mean it’s their event and whatever they want to do it cool! Tbh they put on an amazing event! I hope to attend one day!

But it’s still about who you know and who likes ya for the time being. Tyson’s putters are absolutely beautiful! I look forward to the opportunity to perhaps purchase one from the Lambs if I get lucky enough.

As for making cash those accessories are huge revenue generators. How much time does a pop top truly take to finish? The ROI is tremendous! I don’t blame them for going that route either as it’s allowed for expansion with the addition of a new machine and employee! Which in the end will help yield more putters so I get it! Just keep an eye out for us common folk we want the cool stuff too Mr Lamb ;).

I don't define success as still living with your parents at 28 and piggy backing off them at every turn. You keep talking about this line around the corner like anyone outside of his circle actually gets to touch a putter or have a legitment opportunity to buy one.

It's hard to really say he has that type of demand when there is no proof since he can't churn out even a handful of putters with 2 HASS CNC machines unless it's to the people ranting on the forums about how much of a demand there is for his putters. All talk no delivery.

You also talk like Tyson is anymore known than Piretti, Lamont, Swag, Tom Slighter,Low Tide, Ricky Johnson, Xenon etc. You could poll every golf course and see that no one knows Tyson or his work outside of WRX. So yes if that's his goal, to be known on a golf forum then it is a success and he should continue his current plan.

If anything he's less known than Piretti simply because his marketing plan is flawed. He gets a handful of people on GolfWRX to tout his product and those same people are like girls on their period if anything negative is said. When he should be pushing hard for a tour presence like he supposedly wants; you know the same way Cameron did it and the model you told him to follow.

I wasn't aware that he had any issues.

I'm not a LambJammer. I can't afford to buy many of his headcovers, much less a full on putter. That being said I appreciate his work. I also understand the frustration of some people that want to get their hands on his putters. But the amount of vitriol in this thread is amazing. People need to lighten up about what other people decide to spend their money on.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I don't define success as still living with your parents at 28 and piggy backing off them at every turn. You keep talking about this line around the corner like anyone outside of his circle actually gets to touch a putter or have a legitment opportunity to buy one.

It's hard to really say he has that type of demand when there is no proof since he can't churn out even a handful of putters with 2 HASS CNC machines unless it's to the people ranting on the forums about how much of a demand there is for his putters.

All talk and no delivery.

You still think he cannot produce a handful putters?

It is not if it is when he is going to release them.

Does it fit the normal releases, no. Some people will be happy, some will be mad and some will still complain.

IMO, he is making a good amount, so hopefully a majority of people will be happy— but we all know complaints will still be there.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

It's hard to really say he has that type of demand when there is no proof since he can't churn out even a handful of putters with 2 HASS CNC machines unless it's to the people ranting on the forums about how much of a demand there is for his putters.

All talk and no delivery.

You still think he cannot produce a handful putters?

It is not if it is when he is going to release them.

Does it fit the normal releases, no. Some people will be happy, some will be mad and some will still complain.

IMO, he is making a good amount, so hopefully a majority of people will be happy— but we all know complaints will still be there.

A good amount? He has had what 1 public release of a handful of putters to the general public in a year or so. All of his putters have been reserved for friends and distributor obligations and PGA shows.

That being said I’m one of those who want to throw money at him however can’t haha. The guy makes one of the best products out there! It just sucks standing on line watching everyone else get one that knows the Lambs.

He is busting his a** I get it. And he is most likely a perfectionist that holds himself to high standards which attributes to the time to create putters.

For a boutique putter maker, the vibe around this brand is absolutely awful IMO. Every time I check in on this thread it’s just a few new pages of bitching, mostly by the same people. While this might be ok initially, this will eventually grow old for people trying to get an actual putter. I can’t help but keep making comparisons to other boutique brands’ threads where the vibe is so much...happier. Mostly in hand pics of putters and good stories to go along with them, regardless of whether it’s the custom order of their dreams or just a second hand eBay or BST pick up.

can't say it enough: tyson and the shop guy, chris, are working their tails off. they're still a new company, and i don't think they expected it to blow up as fast as it has. but tyson isn't going to have someone else do the work. it'll be him, or done by someone directly in his eyesight. forums like this are a double edged sword in times like this for him: tons of interest generated, but it's clear he's also getting in the swing of things and getting everything figured out logistically.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

For a boutique putter maker, the vibe around this brand is absolutely awful IMO. Every time I check in on this thread it’s just a few new pages of bitching, mostly by the same people. While this might be ok initially, this will eventually grow old for people trying to get an actual putter. I can’t help but keep making comparisons to other boutique brands’ threads where the vibe is so much...happier. Mostly in hand pics of putters and good stories to go along with them, regardless of whether it’s the custom order of their dreams or just a second hand eBay or BST pick up.

it’s all about the ball markers. Why are they so hard to get.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

They're not taking individual custom putter orders at the moment, right? That kind of confuses me -- just curious, not passing judgment, I don't know how to run one of these companies but of course I'll speculate anyway, haha -- because if every Lamb fan who SAYS he wants a putter, and puts their money where their mouth is with a sizable deposit, I'm guessing that would keep the company busy for a while. So maybe they fill those orders plus do a small website run of 10-20 instead of 50. I think we all know that a lot of this next release is going to end up in flippers' hands; it's too ripe of a market. And if you were spending that kind of coin, wouldn't you want to build exactly what you want instead of having to rush a buy on a release that won't last five minutes? Unless the Lambs do some kind of a preview on the site or Instagram.

Well other than the machine thread.

Well other than the machine thread.

Totally agree once the thread passed 190+ pages. Until the bottom fell out that was one of the coolest threads to peruse in the putter forum. The dialogue and images were the catalyst for my Machine purchases.

This thread does not stir my emotions in the same manner.

Quite sad to see the rise and fall of Machine. I hope Tyson does not meet the same end.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

can't say it enough: tyson and the shop guy, chris, are working their tails off. they're still a new company, and i don't think they expected it to blow up as fast as it has. but tyson isn't going to have someone else do the work. it'll be him, or done by someone directly in his eyesight. forums like this are a double edged sword in times like this for him: tons of interest generated, but it's clear he's also getting in the swing of things and getting everything figured out logistically.

They are no longer a new company. This thread alone has been around for almost 2 years.

On Friday of the PGA Show, there was still 4 putters left at the TR booth. IIRC, they were marked $2900. Some cool putters sitting there unsold. How can that be explained?

So many people on here that know how to run a successful putter business. Why don't you guys just start your own? Sell covers for $24.99. $5 markers and just churn out thousands of putters for $100? Shouldnt be problem to drive demand with the marketing gurus on here.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

I do find it funny that the only people that claim TLs putters are in so high demand are people from his inner circle.

I can't recall seeing anyone else post about having one that wasn't tied to Tyson in some form or paid the man who really calls the shots on releases in Jim Butler. Gotta keep the supply down so he can demand 100% markup.

Jim use to want push Lamont's putters when he was an up and comer. He wanted the same type of limited releases to drive up the price which isn't the route Lamont wanted to take. Jim moved on and Lamont is doing ok for himself.

Putters coming this month for people to buy, as well as customize to their budgets.

I don’t know how to attach pictures as they say mine are too large. But there is a bin with at least 40-50 in it. All the people at lamb jam were already asked not to try and buy anything to give new people a chance at putters. Yes tyson makes putters for his friends. But I have also bought one of mine off eBay and 2 from him butler. In 3years I have personally only gotten 3 made by tyson because he wants to get new people sticks first. There were at least 10 people at LJ that had a putter that I’d never met before and never seen their putter. There are lots of tyson sticks floating around with people who just don’t post photos....so I guess as someone said earlier then it never really happened. I’ve tried to get tyson to make multiple people putters and have been told timevand time again that they can buy during the release because he doesn’t want to get accused of playing favorites. 44 putters sold at the PGA show this year. Most in the first hour. I haven’t seen more then 20 of the 44 posted anywhere with pictures. There are lots of people out there who buy stuff but don’t post pics on WRX.

Putters are dropping sometime in the next 4 weeks. With 5 minutes of cart protection so it can’t be sniper but the bottom line is 50% of the sticks sold during the release will be on eBay within an hour of it. Because most people would rather make a quick buck then collect things. It’s usually those people who b**** the most. Personally I hope everyone who wants a putter gets one so the collecting community grows. Better networking that way. Good luck getting your putter.

I do find it funny that the only people that claim TLs putters are in so high demand are people from his inner circle.

I can't recall seeing anyone else post about having one that wasn't tied to Tyson in some form or paid the man who really calls the shots on releases in Jim Butler. Gotta keep the supply down so he can demand 100% markup.

Jim use to want push Lamont's putters when he was an up and comer. He wanted the same type of limited releases to drive up the price which isn't the route Lamont wanted.

You realize there's a direct correlation between owning an item; going to a restaurant; or reading a book and then offering feedback, right?

Also, you're criticizing Jim Butler for being business savvy (which is pretty funny, really). If Lamont didn't want to go Butler's route, it could be for any number of reason(s).

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Jim use to want push Lamont's putters when he was an up and comer. He wanted the same type of limited releases to drive up the price which isn't the route Lamont wanted.

You realize there's a direct correlation between owning an item; going to a restaurant; or reading a book and then offering feedback, right?

Also, you're criticizing Jim Butler for being business savvy (which is pretty funny, really). If Lamont didn't want to go Butler's route, it could be for any number of reason(s).

Just like it was mentioned earlier if anyone says anything you guys get butthurt. Not a good look as I wasnt even criticizing Tyson. What does owning anything even have to do with what I said?

If you think Jim is interested in what's best for Tyson then you are dead wrong. He is in it to maximize his profits even if it means seeing Tyson struggle with slow to no releases.

Just like it was mentioned earlier if anyone says anything you guys get butthurt. Not a good look as I wasnt even criticizing Tyson.

If you think Jim is interested in what's best for Tyson then you are dead wrong. He is in it to maximize his profits even if it means seeing Tyson struggle with slow to no releases.

Who said I'm butthurt? Someone's gotta make sure there's a little logic in your posts.

Ask Scotty Cameron about JB's abilities in marketing and branding. It's clear you know little about him either. Just to clarify, I say that with a virgin behind by the way.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Jim use to want push Lamont's putters when he was an up and comer. He wanted the same type of limited releases to drive up the price which isn't the route Lamont wanted to take. Jim moved on and Lamont is doing ok for himself.

I don't know if Tyson smashed ur girl or what man. Or you're just secretly in love with the dude. For someone that doesn't like TL, u sure have your notifications set on Hawkeye n live on this thread..... Go get some fresh air n out of your parents basement once in a while dude... Jesus.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

I don't know if Tyson smashed ur girl or what man. Or you're just secretly in love with the dude. For someone that doesn't like TL, u sure have your notifications set on Hawkeye n live on this thread..... Go get some fresh air n out of your parents basement once in a while dude... Jesus.

I've posted twice in the thread. WTF are you talking about? I bet you have 10x the posts I'm the thread alone.

I've posted twice in the thread. WTF are you talking about? I bet you have 10x the posts I'm the thread alone.

Uh oh. Must've hit a soft spot.... Didnt mean to out your schoolgirl crush... My bad.