2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Dormie Club Conditions?

FAbb

Played there Sunday morning to finish up our Pinehurst trip. What a way to go out. Course is in spectacular condition this time of year. It was my first time playing it and the wow factor was up there. Total immersive experience in an awesome natural setting.

Ooooo you guys are killing me.... 4 days to go !!! Been wanting to get out there and play since reading about it years ago.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played there Sunday morning to finish up our Pinehurst trip. What a way to go out. Course is in spectacular condition this time of year. It was my first time playing it and the wow factor was up there. Total immersive experience in an awesome natural setting.

Ooooo you guys are killing me.... 4 days to go !!! Been wanting to get out there and play since reading about it years ago.

Well, how did you like Dormie ?

The course is awesome. The conditions if anyone is wondering are perfect. A caddie in our group noted he has not seen the course in that good of condition in 3-4 years.

Though I will say 10 is a little stupid =) but heard they are blowing it up next year? Also did not like the cross hazard location on 17. Nothing like having it 100 yard out from the green which is 30 yards up hill to start with in the last 225 yards or so LOL Pretty but to me was bit limiting on options.

The course really fit my eye and I played it very well for first time (score wise..stayed in the 70's) but played the blue tees not the tips. I played with two great guys who both took caddies so helped a lot as I knew where to hit to based on them discussing it.

A couple of highlights for me: 1st one was one of caddies noted on hole 8 that he had not seen anyone birdie that hole in 2.5 years. I hit a perfect drive at the tall pine and it rolled down to the bottom right side of the fairway. Pin was all the way back (5 yards off the back edge) so was playing like 500 yards for a par 4. (wth...lol). Hit a perfect iron to middle right of the green that rolled out as expected to 10-15 feet and made the putt for a 3.

Hole 14 which you have to go for =) I hit driver up the hill at the tall pines on the left as everyone notes and did the "Hope it rolls down" and sure enough it did pin high (middle of the green) about 10' from the collars. *Sadly missed a 10' birdie put there though...

I would tell everyone play the course right if you get the chance..!

^Did you use their online booking system or ring them up?

I see online it says 'includes cart' but I am guessing you walked? I'm 1/2 tempted to pop over for July 4th weekend, as I see they have lots of availability.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I see online it says 'includes cart' but I am guessing you walked? I'm 1/2 tempted to pop over for July 4th weekend, as I see they have lots of availability.

If you do let me know as I might be interested.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I used the "online" system and had booked it months back. I was going to walk but got talking to the marshal he said RIDE... so I took the cart.

Glad I did...the other two in the group had booked caddies and walked it. Though they did jump on the cart a few times for a quick ride when needed and understandable. Think with the heat index it was pushing mid/upper 90's with the humidity... :crazy: *All of us sweated out about 5-6 lbs that day I am sure.

Will do! I really want to play Mid Pines and figured I should pop 'round Dormie Club while I'm there too.

If I sort something out in the next while, I'll drop you a PM.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Was planning on playing June 23, but called the shop and theyre aerating the greens June 18-19. The guy I spoke with said the greens are usually pretty decent 2-3 days after, but does anyone have experience playing there after the spring/summer aeration? Still worth playing?

I was planning to play on the 21st since I’ll be in town from AZ. Super bummed about the aeration. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Was planning on playing June 23, but called the shop and they're aerating the greens June 18-19. The guy I spoke with said the greens are usually pretty decent 2-3 days after, but does anyone have experience playing there after the spring/summer aeration? Still worth playing?

If they used small tines for the punch, they may be ok ~4-5 days out. If they used large diameter, I'd say 2 weeks to be close to normal.

The course is pretty cool, but I'd trust the people that run it about as far as I can spit.

• 4 weeks later...

I played Dormie 7/28 and 7/29 and the course is in perfect shape. It has been wicked hot for the last month and the bent grass greens are rolling pure and are in perfect shape. I understand the pro’s and con’s of Bermuda vs Bent in the Carolina summer but there is nothing like rolling a putt on bent grass. No grain, just read it it and roll it...

I’ve heard the Dormie Network is going to be adding another course to the ever growing Dormie Network soon. Victoria National being the latest.. the window for joining will be closing soon.

You can join before it goes private and get a significant deal. With the recent addition of Victoria National and Ballyhack in Roanoke, Virginia it was an easy decision for

me. I look forward to the opportunity to share the course with others passionate about the game. If you’ve played Dormie before you can imagine how an uncrowded perfectly conditioned Coore and Crenshaw in the heart of Pinehurst will turn out over the long term. Exclusivity creates demand, I am thankful the new owners have chosen to go this route.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone played here lately? How are the conditions?

The greens were tine punched last week. They've top dressed them and they're rolling well.

Has the club gone completely private and the only way to access it is through the dormie network? or can you still call to schedule tee times?

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

Has anyone played here lately? How are the conditions?

The greens were tine punched last week. They've top dressed them and they're rolling well.

Has the club gone completely private and the only way to access it is through the dormie network? or can you still call to schedule tee times?

They are still open to the public currently. I am playing in May.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Playing Friday morning

Report back

Pictures please!

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X