2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Drewtaylor21's Golf Journey (Swing Changes, WITB, Results)

drewtaylor21

it's been rough to say the least. I do have a Watson golf training aid that helps with wrist conditions so I can just focus on the pivot and hand path butt even then it's rough.

Ball striking has been terrible and I'm afraid to even get on the course. Having my handpath move out feels so weird and combine that with my old move I'm hitting a lot of heel shots and shanks lol.

Sorry to hijack your thread bud

handpath moving out isn't the end all be all, your can run into issues just moving handpath out like what you are running into. Justin Rose works on keeping the handpath from moving out at the top, lol

Agreed, but it helps a ton for me to get my shaft shallow in transition which in the long term allow for a more predictable ball flight at least that's what I'm hoping haha

Impact is what matters, I'm sure it's shifting your path way more out to in near impact causing you to hit heels and shanks. Common thing I see with guys getting into the hand path out stuff and over do it

The way I understand Dana's instruction here is that the opening of the body shifts handpath out, while the wrists control the clubhead. The clubhead should stay down and behind, so that through impact the hands are moving around the body to the left (although he doesn't instruct "swing left") while the clubhead trails them and comes around the corner from the inside for a rightward path. You are correct that the handpath isn't going out all that much though.

This was a part of the epiphany I had a few days ago related to forces pulling upwards on the handle from p6 through impact. If the clubhead is outside the hands at p6, this is most certainly a left path and not what he wants to see. If the club is inside/below the hands at p6 (as a result of proper wrist conditions, handpath moving out in early transition, and an active pivot), path goes ever so slightly right for the push draw he likes.

Interesting stuff.

On a side note, is that Tain? I recognize that move.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff.

On a side note, is that Tain? I recognize that move.

Yes it is!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think I've stumbled onto something that's really helping my putting. A few weeks back, I received my Spider Platinum from TaylorMade, the last piece of the puzzle in the set they gave me from the Kingdom trip. I was really putting it through it's paces against two of my old gamers, the Daddy Long Legs and an old Bobby Grace. I ended up settling on the Spider and I'm putting really nicely with it, but in the process I discovered something that I am going to continue working on, hopefully with the same results!

I'm not sure how many of you have read Adam Young's book The Practice Manual, but if you haven't, I recommend it! Some parts are a bit tedious, but there are some gems in there. Anyway, towards the latter half he talks about the idea of differential practice. His definition is "practicing a skill in a way which you may not normally ideally use it." Within the same section, he also defines variability practice as "practicing a goal you wish to achieve, but in a varying way - such as hitting the sweet spot from various starting positions." I'm not 100% sure which category what I discovered falls into (perhaps an element of both), but it really doesn't matter - what matters is the result, which is an increase in skill.

What I found is that when I practice with several putters (including my gamer), then go back to exclusively using my gamer, my skills and consistency have improved noticeably. Now, the 3 putters I have are all face-balanced mallets, so I would guess there is a lot of carryover from one to the next, but they have different grips, different lengths, and different weights, so there is certainly some variability involved. I don't know if there is a limit in terms of how long these effects last, or if the carryover would decrease by switching from a blade to a mallet, but long story short, I've found that this works really well for me, so I'm going to keep doing it! Thought I would pass that along in case anyone else wants to give it a try (as crazy as it sounds!)

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Well, I think I've stumbled onto something that's really helping my putting. A few weeks back, I received my Spider Platinum from TaylorMade, the last piece of the puzzle in the set they gave me from the Kingdom trip. I was really putting it through it's paces against two of my old gamers, the Daddy Long Legs and an old Bobby Grace. I ended up settling on the Spider and I'm putting really nicely with it, but in the process I discovered something that I am going to continue working on, hopefully with the same results!

I'm not sure how many of you have read Adam Young's book The Practice Manual, but if you haven't, I recommend it! Some parts are a bit tedious, but there are some gems in there. Anyway, towards the latter half he talks about the idea of differential practice. His definition is "practicing a skill in a way which you may not normally ideally use it." Within the same section, he also defines variability practice as "practicing a goal you wish to achieve, but in a varying way - such as hitting the sweet spot from various starting positions." I'm not 100% sure which category what I discovered falls into (perhaps an element of both), but it really doesn't matter - what matters is the result, which is an increase in skill.

What I found is that when I practice with several putters (including my gamer), then go back to exclusively using my gamer, my skills and consistency have improved noticeably. Now, the 3 putters I have are all face-balanced mallets, so I would guess there is a lot of carryover from one to the next, but they have different grips, different lengths, and different weights, so there is certainly some variability involved. I don't know if there is a limit in terms of how long these effects last, or if the carryover would decrease by switching from a blade to a mallet, but long story short, I've found that this works really well for me, so I'm going to keep doing it! Thought I would pass that along in case anyone else wants to give it a try (as crazy as it sounds!)

Interesting idea about the differential practice, never thought of trying it out with different equipment. Sounds like the WRX ho dream. Would be kind of interesting to test out a super stiff and super flexi shaft to see if you can make them both work.

I do love that book...one of my favourite games is to 20 balls going through 'sets' of trying to make a functional strike by varying ball position, clubface angle at address, grip, stance etc. Makes it so much more intuitive and is a good way to switch off the technical side of your mind.

Interesting idea about the differential practice, never thought of trying it out with different equipment. Sounds like the WRX ho dream. Would be kind of interesting to test out a super stiff and super flexi shaft to see if you can make them both work.

I do love that book...one of my favourite games is to 20 balls going through 'sets' of trying to make a functional strike by varying ball position, clubface angle at address, grip, stance etc. Makes it so much more intuitive and is a good way to switch off the technical side of your mind.

Haha that's exactly what I was thinking as I was writing it out! It sounds a little crazy and very Ho'ish, but honestly it really was helpful, so that's all I care about lol. And you're exactly right, there are so many good drills in that book that really help get the focus back on playing and skill building, instead of focusing on technique, which is something I probably do too much of.

One of the things I really like about Adam's book is that he approaches practice from a very similar perspective to exercise training, which is my professional background. Going off on a little bit of a tangent here, I don't know how many people are familiar with conjugate periodization, but it was used extremely effectively back in the glory days of the russian/eastern european weightlifting programs, and was popularized in the US by Louie Simmons and Westside Barbell. Within this model there is a component called the max effort method, which utilizes very high intensity to develop maximal strength. Ordinarily, training at such high intensities (>90% 1RM) for longer than ~3 weeks will result in overtraining of the central nervous system. However, Louie (and originally the eastern europeans) found that they could keep exercise intensity at near max levels and avoid overtraining by cycling through special exercises, such as different types of barbells, accommodating resistance, etc., but all in a way that is similar to the main lift they are trying to build (squat, deadlift, bench). Finding the right special exercises that have the most carryover to the main lift is one of the challenges for each individual and their given weaknesses. I see my putter idea as something similar - essentially cycling through putters that have enough of a similarity to my own that there is carryover in the practice technique, while still challenging me in a unique manner.

The effect I'm seeing is probably not nearly that elaborate, but again, if it works, go with it! :rofl:

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Then you get into specificity arguments though which run contrary to the whole assistance exercise approach. Not sure what is right answer. I think assistance stuff is just nice mentally for a change.

However prior to a comp I think specificity is way to go

My thing about the putters is aren't you getting used to different feels, different headweights, etc? I love the concept of examining how you practice and how to make it better so I'll definitely check out the book. I have tendency to beat balls and probably not get much out of it

Then you get into specificity arguments though which run contrary to the whole assistance exercise approach. Not sure what is right answer. I think assistance stuff is just nice mentally for a change.

My thing about the putters is aren't you getting used to different feels, different headweights, etc? I love the concept of examining how you practice and how to make it better so I'll definitely check out the book. I have tendency to beat balls and probably not get much out of it

In answer to your first paragraph I think it's probably going to be individual, and I'm sure related to where you're weak and what exercises you're using to strengthen those weaknesses. I mean you hear Louie talking about guys doing entire meet preps without actually back squatting a straight bar once, then setting huge PR's in competition. There's a whole can of worms related to equipped vs. raw in there too, but I would certainly agree with you that specificity is critical for peaking.

I need to do more "research" on how the variable putter practice works for me. Hopefully some of you guys try it too and we can share findings. Could be that I just sucked at putting and I was putting in more time than usual and that made the difference :rofl: I think there was more to it than that though...

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

I need to do more "research" on how the variable putter practice works for me. Hopefully some of you guys try it too and we can share findings. Could be that I just sucked at putting and I was putting in more time than usual and that made the difference :rofl: I think there was more to it than that though...

I guess if the putters are fairly similar in characteristics it's not going to be detrimental, as you said if they are all face balanced, and I would say probably a good idea to have them the same length and lie as to not alter your setup then I think it could be a good way of practicing to fine tune yourself to different feels.

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

Hey Drew, I noticed on your last Instagram post your hands at the top move towards the ball on the first move down. Is that something you worked on or is that a by product of something else?

It's a fault that I fight. I'm trying to get them to respond more to the club's COM moving down and behind in transition, but when I get a little aggressive (pulling down) they move out more than I like.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Hey Drew, I noticed on your last Instagram post your hands at the top move towards the ball on the first move down. Is that something you worked on or is that a by product of something else?

It's a fault that I fight. I'm trying to get them to respond more to the club's COM moving down and behind in transition, but when I get a little aggressive (pulling down) they move out more than I like.

I'm working on something similar. My feel is to get the shaft to shallow before the hands leave the circle. When I do that my body responds well and I don't think about anything else at all. I don't have time to think of anything else. As soon as that thing shallows it feels like the balll is gone.

Just an idea but try getting your shaft more down the line at the top of swing and see if your hands don't go out as much.

Well, I got back out today for my first competitive round in over a year! My last event was early July, 2016 just before my son was born.

As those of you who've been following know, I've been using Flightscope in the garage for my primary means of practice. I sold the FS two weeks ago, as I'm upgrading the man cave to a GC2-based setup. I'm very excited about the updates, but the unfortunate side effect is that I've only been able to practice on two occasions in the last two weeks and play once. Needless to say, things aren't sharp. However, I've got some additional events coming later this summer and fall, and wanted to get back out and feel some nerves, so even though I wasn't prepared at all, I showed up to play.

#1: striped driver down the FW, 89 yards in, hit it to 15' and made the putt to get things started nicely with a birdie

#2: hit another nice drive that just trickled through the FW into the left rough, 94y to a back pin. I didn't account for some adrenaline, apparently, as I hit what should have been a 90y shot that went about 105 lol. Unfortunately I one-hopped it over the green into a scrub bush in the desert. The ball was about a foot off the ground in the bush, but I had a window through another small tree and hit an all-world explosion that caught the green, checked, and rolled down a slope to 5 feet! Definitely some luck involved, but it was fun to pull that off. One of my FC's had an 8 footer on a similar line and his dove left at the end, so I played an additional inch of break but mine did the same thing. Good putt, just missed low.

#3: Smoked driver into the FW, had 240 into the par 5. I hit an easy 5 wood that went a little long and left, which is where I was looking to miss. Hit a great 25 yard pitch to a foot and tapped in for birdie

#4: Par 3, pulled my tee shot left and one-hopped into a bunker. Due to a sprinkler malfunction, we were told the bunker was GUR, as it was completely full of water. I fished my ball out, took stance relief and dropped, but my ball rolled back about a foot, which meant I no longer had stance relief. No one in our group knew the ruling here, and in hindsight I should have played 2 balls, but my FC's thought I couldn't re-drop, so I was standing on the uphill slope of the bunker with the ball in the grass, gripping down to the metal. I knew this would come out soft, but still didn't hit it hard enough and had 10' left for par. Left the putt an inch short in the jaws.

#5: Tricky par 5, a little narrow off the tee the further you go, so I hit 5w and smoked it just how I pictured it in my mind. I had 245 to the pin, which was back right, with a waterfall/creek all up the right. Total brain fart here. The shot I like to play here is a little short and left, as there's a nice fairway area and the green is very receptive from that angle. I should have hit a 4 iron about 225 or 230 to that spot and left it up to my short game to get up and down for birdie. Instead, for some unknown reason (nerves), I decided to see if I could hit it pin-high left and use the slope to feed it to the pin. My subconscious must have known how dumb this was, as I fanned it way right. I was pin-high, but actually right of the hazard. Somehow my ball stopped on the cartpath, but was in the groove between two slabs of concrete. Dropping back or forward was soft desert, and not a shot I wanted to hit over a hazard to a short-sided pin. Decided to go the Phil route and play it off the path. If I pulled off a miracle I could have maybe caught the up-slope on the back of the green and fed it back, but it came out hot and rolled through the green. Now faced with a tough downhill chip, I played it to about 15' but didn't get it over a slope. Had one of those dumb putts that's uphill for the first half, then downhill the second half and blew it 5' past. Hit a good putt coming back but didn't play enough break. Made the unpardonable sin of compounding my mistakes and wound up with a double. This all stemmed from the dumb decision on the 2nd shot - totally preventable!

#6: Another tricky driving hole that gets very narrow the further you go. Hit a beauty of a 5w into the FW, 160 in, 9i to 20 feet that almost curled in. 2 putt par

#7: This is a fun hole. Risk/reward par 4. Downhill off the tee, the FW is split by a desert chasm about 20' wide. You can hit it about 220-250 down the left and be safe, but then you have ~180 yards in to a green that's not very deep, bunker front and water behind. Tough shot. The other option is to take driver over the desert gap, and this is the route I've always gone. You're left with about 80-90 yards, which turns it into a birdie hole. For those who've been following, you'll know that I've been using Scott Fawcett's DECADE program as my course strategy approach. Off the tee, Scott favors a pretty aggressive strategy, provided the hole meets a few characteristics. Long story short, I'm using a 65y wide dispersion cone for driver, so if there's 65 yards between penalty hazards on the hole at my carry distance, driver is the play. #7 looks like this:

As you can see, at 290, which is what I am using as my on-course carry distance, the distance between hazards is not 65 yards. It's actually only 53y wide at that point, but it does get wider the further you go. Anyway, like I said, risk/reward, and the tee shot fits my eye, so I went for it. I still think it's the right play, but today I fanned it. Well right into the desert. I hit a provisional that also leaked on me, but looked playable. We searched for the first ball but never found it, so I had to play my provisional. Unfortunately it ended up one yard off the grass and I had to chip out left-handed. Played it down to the FW and had 120 to the pin. This shot still baffles me, as I hit what felt like a perfect 120 yard shot, but I came up just short of the green. Hit a poor chip to 8 feet and missed. Quad! Ouch :( Score not-withstanding, I made one very poor swing and a second mildly poor swing, but I was confident and committed over each of those 8 strokes, and don't feel like I would have done anything differently here. I think I just got "golfed!"

#8: Par 3 with the pin tucked back left, Lake Las Vegas right off the edge of the green. I hit a nice 7 iron from 190 to 20 feet right of the hole, 2-putted for par and got out.

#9: Scenic hole with Lake Las Vegas all along the left side, hit a decent driver up the right side of the FW, 90 yards in, hit it to 15' and just missed birdie.

The back 9 was very uneventful. I hit 5/7 FW and 9/9 GIR, but all my approaches were between 20-40 feet. All pars, one 3-putt bogey.

Thoughts:

I think one of the biggest ways that having an indoor launch monitor has helped me is dialing in wedge distances from 50-130 yards. I work on this a lot and not having that level of practice for the past couple weeks definitely cost me a couple strokes today. I didn't hit the ball terribly, but just wasn't sharp with anything. I had a few chances on the back 9 to hit it close with wedges in my hand and just didn't get it done.

It was really good to experience nerves again, as feels change just a bit and it can be harder to 100% trust what I'm doing over the ball. Getting over that hurdle mentally is always a big key for me in tournament play, and it usually takes a couple events to really start feeling comfortable out there again. My goal going into the day was to score 100% on my mental scorecard, which is basically just going through my pre-shot routine and playing every single shot with a ball flight visual (right-brained mindset). I ended up with a 94% on the mental card, which is solid. I missed a few early on in the first 4 holes, then stayed sharp the rest of the way. I was happy with the fact that although I had two disaster holes on my first day back in competition, I was able to right the ship and not let either of them affect how I played the rest of the day.

I should have my new launch monitor set up this weekend, so I'll be able to get back to practicing frequently, which I'm really looking forward to. I've got a couple of events in August that are on the calendar, including USGA Mid-Am qualifying, so I'm excited to begin building towards that!

Stats:

42-37, 79

9/14 FW

14/18 GIR

35 putts

1/4 scrambling opportunities

94% mental scorecard

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Just an idea but try getting your shaft more down the line at the top of swing and see if your hands don't go out as much.

That's certainly one way to do it, just not what I'm looking to do with my swing based on Dana's fundamentals. Thanks for the input though!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!! After a very long 3 weeks without a home range, I'm up and running in the man cave, aka golf lab, aka garage, this time with GC2 as my launch monitor. I have to give a huge shout to member Stingreye for all his help with the GC2 setup. It was much more complicated than I would have ever hoped, but things are all squared away finally and I'm able to practice at home again! I hit some balls briefly last night, then got a full 2 hours in early this morning before the garage heated up. I've been looking into A/C options, but for the time being I'm just going to do my practicing early in the AM during these summer days of 105+ in Vegas.

The thing I'm most excited about with the launch monitor switcharoo is that I now have both a driving range and simulated play. The SIM play isn't as good as actually going out and playing every day, obviously, but I'm excited about what it might do for my "real life" game just the same. You still have to hit the right shots at the right time (random practice), and there are online tours and things that sound like a fun way to scratch the competitive itch a bit. Given my limited options for playing and competing as much as I'd like in real life right now, I'm thrilled. Plus, it only takes about 45 minutes to play a full round! I hit balls for a bit this morning and then played Pebble Beach :)

Some additional thoughts on GC2 vs. Flightscope:

1) Flightscope is an absolute breeze to set up, align, and get going. Very user friendly, install an app and point and shoot basically. GC2 was a nightmare. Part of this was due to the fact that I had to update the firmware on the unit I bought, but long story short, I am on my 2nd PC in 2 weeks and it took about 10 hours to get everything figured out. Not fun (though I will give a shout out to Costco for their excellent customer service! lol)

2) While I've only been hitting balls a couple days now, I can tell already that in an indoor environment, GC2 is the more consistent monitor. Flightscope would have to estimate spin fairly regularly (10% of the time maybe), which resulted in occasional "fliers"at inopportune times (when trying to beat personal best scores in a combine for example). GC2 is much more stable in its ability to pick up spin rates indoors, and as a result, carry numbers are much tighter.

3) I trust Flightscope's accuracy with spin axis a lot more than GC2. GC2 seems very draw-biased so far to me. I normally play a little fade through the bag, but my stock shot on the GC2 is a draw with the irons and pretty straight with the driver. I've also gotten a few pretty large draws that I don't trust (such as a 24 yard draw with a gap wedge this morning....how ya like them apples Bubba Watson? lol)

4) I could not hit driver with the Flightscope in my garage, as there just wasn't enough space from tee to net to get the data that the monitor needed to determine ball flight. Additionally, putting and short chips weren't able to be read on the Flightscope model that I had. GC2 lets me hit every club in the bag.

5) GC2 is known to be very generous on carry distance when driver spin drops below 2300 rpms or so, and I can certainly confirm this. It's kind of fun, but also not realistic, which I have to say is a knock, given it's pricetag.

6) I'm currently using Foresight's old FR1 software, so my graphics and course options are a little limited right now. However, I'm adding Perfect Golf and I'm really excited about the options here!

Night range: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVQVdVAF8C0&feature=youtu.be

Sim play on a course you might recognize: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUNgbEt4jd0

Overall, I'm just really excited to have full practice capabilities back again and I'm looking forward to sharpening the game back up for what I hope is a competitive fall season!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

very jealous, would love to have a simulator setup one day

Start saving all your club champ winnings! You've won enough times by now... :rofl:

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Nice write up, was wondering what you were going to change to when I saw the flightscope for sale.

Things worked out better than I could have hoped for after the sale of some not-to-be-named clubs! I was fortunate to be able to make an even trade after all was said and done.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Nice write up, was wondering what you were going to change to when I saw the flightscope for sale.

Things worked out better than I could have hoped for after the sale of some not-to-be-named clubs! I was fortunate to be able to make an even trade after all was said and done.

Always look on the bright side of the wedge....

Was there another side? :rofl:

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Was there another side? :rofl:

Very weird that sunglasses keeps popping up in the google ads beside these posts. :dntknw:

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Start saving all your club champ winnings! You've won enough times by now... :rofl:

haha if only :D

Drew, Great you are up and running! That first computer I am convinced was possessed by some bitter IT dude.... It was insane all the trouble setting it up.

Now we need to get you through Q School so you can play the Royal Birkdale stop at "The Open" on the online golf tour.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SZh8opFsjY[/media]

I played a couple rounds on the course before.....pot bunkers from a golf mat with a perfect life stink. I can't imagine how much fun that must in be on the real course....

Lets play a round multiplayer soon! I need to play you before you learn how to putt on the sim so I can keep up with you :taunt:

Drew, Great you are up and running! That first computer I am convinced was possessed by some bitter IT dude.... It was insane all the trouble setting it up.

Now we need to get you through Q School so you can play the Royal Birkdale stop at "The Open" on the online golf tour.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SZh8opFsjY[/media]

I played a couple rounds on the course before.....pot bunkers from a golf mat with a perfect life stink. I can't imagine how much fun that must in be on the real course....

Lets play a round multiplayer soon! I need to play you before you learn how to putt on the sim so I can keep up with you :taunt:

Haha you would probably crush me right now! Between the chipping, putting, and not knowing my yardages at sea level yet, it's ugly! Fun, but ugly :) Thanks again for all your help, Birkdale looks like a challenge!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

@shutsteepstuck. TGC is an excellent sim. I own both Perfect Golf (PG) and TGC.

TGC is an excellent sim with tons of courses. It has a great announcer and the ghost balls are a cool feature. It does not have multiple pins but will likely be adding in TGC2 which should be released soon. TGC has a sim tour with handicaps you can play that is a lot of fun.

At this time, TGC does not have much game improvement options. So if you want wedge, approach, driver, full combines, PG (perfect Golf) is the better option. I think the range is better on PG but some would likely prefer the range on TGC.

The course in PG are built using LIDAR data when available which means the elevations and slopes will be pretty accurate.

Pg also also has an online tour. Their handicap system seems fairly good. The other added benefit is that they have team events such as 2 man monthly scrambles with handicaps. They also have done the team events with alt shot.

Live multiplayer is better and more stable on PG at this time. Hopefully TGC multiplayer will improve in version 2.

Pg is lacking the announcer from TGC.

Drew can speak to it but I think the game improvement combines (similar to Trackman combine) were a factor in his decision.

TGC is an excellent sim with tons of courses. It has a great announcer and the ghost balls are a cool feature. It does not have multiple pins but will likely be adding in TGC2 which should be released soon. TGC has a sim tour with handicaps you can play that is a lot of fun.

At this time, TGC does not have much game improvement options. So if you want wedge, approach, driver, full combines, PG (perfect Golf) is the better option. I think the range is better on PG but some would likely prefer the range on TGC.

The course in PG are built using LIDAR data when available which means the elevations and slopes will be pretty accurate.

Pg also also has an online tour. Their handicap system seems fairly good. The other added benefit is that they have team events such as 2 man monthly scrambles with handicaps. They also have done the team events with alt shot.

Live multiplayer is better and more stable on PG at this time. Hopefully TGC multiplayer will improve in version 2.

Drew can speak to it but I think the game improvement combines (similar to Trackman combine) were a factor in his decision.

Looks good!

Just curious why Perfect Golf and not TGC for your sim?

Stingreye knows this stuff far better than I do, and honestly he was the one that convinced me to go with PG! I had originally assumed TGC was the way to go, but he showed me some pretty impressive stuff with PG that changed my mind. The work that has been done between PG and the OnlineGolfTour (OGT) site is mind-blowing to me. I've already posted the night range and Augusta, and PG also has some cool combines that I have yet to really explore. The real winner though is the OGT connection. The community is pretty strong and the amount of information available is crazy. For example, I just played my first Q-school round last night (8 rounds required to establish a SIM handicap). As I was playing, Stingreye could follow each shot online like this

I wasn't entering anything in the software for club selection, but somehow their algorithm looks at the launch monitor data (I assume) and determines with what club you hit. In most cases its very accurate too! That blew my mind. Then after completing the round, these stats were available:

http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.net/tournament-scorecard.html?id=960&pid=16001

When you play on their Tour, they keep stats for all competitive rounds here, pretty much like having your own ShotLink system:

http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.net/tour-stats.html?id=10034

There are some very good players involved, and that kind of competition plus stat analysis made me not want to look any further to be honest!

Last night I downloaded Cypress Point, and Augusta (my #1 and #2 bucket list courses IRL), one of the Trump courses, and a couple others that were very highly rated. The list of options is just crazy. The OGT tour also has fun challenges like long drive, closest to the pin, some match play events, presidents cup, etc. It is really incredible how much high quality content is available!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

That is so cool!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]