To all the arm lock users

BrendanKre

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always working on some arm lockers, reach out to me if you are looking for one to try. Also that betti slot back is a very fine putter, but did not unseat my gamer....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

• 3 weeks later...

I've started armlocking again with great results. The problem is.. I don't want to do it. I think it's awful looking and honestly I feel like it might get banned. I know some people on here think it feels too awkward but if you get a set up and grip that works it's scary good. I've drained some silly long putts with it. I love the look and feel of my NP2 so much but the results are undeniable. I can get around the course no issue with the NP2 and will usually sit between 32-34 putts with it. My issue is that I don't roll a line dead straight with it where as it's automatic with the arm lock. Also, if I go LHL with the NP2 I can roll it straight so I think that it's actually a fitting issue with my traditional grip. The problem is I don't like my distance control with LHL. The local store doesn't use any kind of software for putter fitting - it is very rudimentary. Has anybody had success getting their NP2/blade bent for loft and lie and had it make a bit difference?

I've had a weird season with arm locking. Once I got a decent setup down, I had some of the best putting in my life, especially with lag putting. And I was supremely confident on anything within 5 feet or so.

But aesthetically, I really don't like it. It looks and feels ugly, and I'm just more comfortable putting with a normal putter. I went back to a regular putter for a few rounds just because I like to switch things up, and now... I've totally lost the arm locking method. I have no idea what happened, but I'm hitting a ton of putts off the bottom of my putter face. It feels like I have too much loft or something, which I think is a possibility since I really don't forward press the putter all that much. I did the masking tape and dry erase marker test and confirmed that I'm hitting very low on the face. It doesn't feel great.

Long story short, I would much rather putt with a normal putter. For a while, I couldn't deny the results, but now it appears that I've lost whatever mojo I had.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Almost the same thing happened to me...had some of the best putting rounds of my life earlier this year...then tried to replicate the success with a couple of other conventional putters..then went back to arm lock and had some of the worst putting rounds of my life...gave up and sold my arm lock...

Well. Since this thread popped back up.

After another summer of very poor putting results ( 34/5 putts a round ) I finally reached the point of no return where I was willing to try anything.

My woes have to do with being blind over the ball ( left eye dominant ). And lack of confidence due to that. And subsequent stroke anomaly’s that I suspect popped up because my mind subconsciously knew it had to make up for the lack of aim accuracy I had going. Like the poster above. I too had issues rolling the ball perfectly end over end. But I could do it left hand low. I don’t know why. I also suffered of distance control issues left hand low at times. But I did overall hit my line and seem to make more that way. But instantly I roll a perfect ball with this putter. Distance control is automatic, i even 2 putted from 73 feet last night on this huge par 3 green I hit on the opposite side of the pin. I stepped it off .

I got into a Armlock spider x tour that was built for a taller guy . Most had always felt too short for me. It’s a Shade over 42 inches with a jumbomax 17 inch grip. It immediately made a difference once I figured out what setup fit it. It put the ball way ahead in my stance so that my head is over the line and behind the putter head. Poof I can see! That was 2 1/2 rounds ago and I’ve made everything since. 6 feet and in ? You don’t want to watch , it’s going down ! And I’m making many outside 10 ft.

I agree it’s a bit oddish. But. I don’t give a crap. I’m sick of hitting it good and 2 putting. Or worse.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I have had a really good year with the armlock and I bought a seemore 35" that I use with the same stroke as a armlock but not locking it if that makes sense

Been great to switch it up a bit but I am now starting to get interested in trying chest Putters.. Well we will se if I take that rout or not

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Tripple Diamond *9, Fujikura Motore X F1 6 XStiff

Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 

Irons: Mizuno MP5

Wedges: Honma

Putter: Scotty Kombi Long

Ball: Pro v1 

> @bladehunter said:

> Well. Since this thread popped back up.

>

> After another summer of very poor putting results ( 34/5 putts a round ) I finally reached the point of no return where I was willing to try anything.

>

> My woes have to do with being blind over the ball ( left eye dominant ). And lack of confidence due to that. And subsequent stroke anomaly’s that I suspect popped up because my mind subconsciously knew it had to make up for the lack of aim accuracy I had going. Like the poster above. I too had issues rolling the ball perfectly end over end. But I could do it left hand low. I don’t know why. I also suffered of distance control issues left hand low at times. But I did overall hit my line and seem to make more that way. But instantly I roll a perfect ball with this putter. Distance control is automatic, i even 2 putted from 73 feet last night on this huge par 3 green I hit on the opposite side of the pin. I stepped it off .

>

> I got into a Armlock spider x tour that was built for a taller guy . Most had always felt too short for me. It’s a Shade over 42 inches with a jumbomax 17 inch grip. It immediately made a difference once I figured out what setup fit it. It put the ball way ahead in my stance so that my head is over the line and behind the putter head. Poof I can see! That was 2 1/2 rounds ago and I’ve made everything since. 6 feet and in ? You don’t want to watch , it’s going down ! And I’m making many outside 10 ft.

>

> I agree it’s a bit oddish. But. I don’t give a crap. I’m sick of hitting it good and 2 putting. Or worse.

>

>

Yes I agree. Just did the test after never thinking about it and I too am very left eye dominant. Making more and more sense. My dad also switched to armlock and has never putted better. I think I'm going to have to let go of the idea that conventional putters will be consistent for me. As you say, inside 6 feet forget about it, two putts are automatic past that, and one putting is a real possibility from almost any distance.

As a veteran in the arm locking realm, I guarantee that it works better than conventional. Even when I dabble with conventional, arm lock is just down right superior, the key is finding the option, length, lie, weight, grip, head style, that work for your set up. There are so many options out there. The issue is people taking an interest dont have the follow through to find what works best for them. Admittedly, it can be a time consuming or tedious process. But maybe that keeps the percentage of arm lockers down and out of scrutiny...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

I am continue to be a dedicated arm-locker. Time after time, the line on my ball rolls end over end nice and tight. I have no desire to stray.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

• Like 1

> @t4t3r said:

> Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

Just a suggestion if you are going to adjust the length. Odyssey didn’t do themselves any favors with the stock grip. You might want to consider the Jumbomax grip with the flat side against your arm. Made a huge difference for me.

> @t4t3r said:

> Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

My Scotty isn't as legendary as yours but both are pretty sought after tour weight models. It's so difficult to move to an arm lock from such a classic Scotty but the results are pretty undeniable... +3 75 for me yesterday with 29 putts.

> @jas904 said:

> > @t4t3r said:

> > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

>

> Just a suggestion if you are going to adjust the length. Odyssey didn’t do themselves any favors with the stock grip. You might want to consider the Jumbomax grip with the flat side against your arm. Made a huge difference for me.

>

>

Yes. Anybody who’s arm locked and not tried that grip isn’t getting the best locked feeling you can have. Flat side forward made all the difference ....

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @balls_deep said:

> > @t4t3r said:

> > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

>

> My Scotty isn't as legendary as yours but both are pretty sought after tour weight models. It's so difficult to move to an arm lock from such a classic Scotty but the results are pretty undeniable... +3 75 for me yesterday with 29 putts.

I fee the same way. It’s pretty disheartening in a way to basically admit you cannot putt in the conventional sense , and that’s exactly what armlocking is saying. It’s a failure of sorts in my book.

But. The difference in undeniable. With one you literally fear par putts over 12 inches. With the other you don’t even flinch when you have one that’s 6 ft coming back. Why ? Because you know you can start it online. All you have to do is read it correctly and trust the line. And it goes in. At the end of the day. If you are competing , you have to do what produces the lowest score within the rules. Even if it feels a bit dishonest. Or wrong. In a “ spirit of the game “ sort of way.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @t4t3r said:

> > > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

> >

> > My Scotty isn't as legendary as yours but both are pretty sought after tour weight models. It's so difficult to move to an arm lock from such a classic Scotty but the results are pretty undeniable... +3 75 for me yesterday with 29 putts.

>

>

> I fee the same way. It’s pretty disheartening in a way to basically admit you cannot putt in the conventional sense , and that’s exactly what armlocking is saying. It’s a failure of sorts in my book.

>

> But. The difference in undeniable. With one you literally fear par putts over 12 inches. With the other you don’t even flinch when you have one that’s 6 ft coming back. Why ? Because you know you can start it online. All you have to do is read it correctly and trust the line. And it goes in. At the end of the day. If you are competing , you have to do what produces the lowest score within the rules. Even if it feels a bit dishonest. Or wrong. In a “ spirit of the game “ sort of way.

>

Well said and I couldn’t agree more. This is exactly the reason that I am fearful the USGA will step in and screw it up.

> @jas904 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @t4t3r said:

> > > > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

> > >

> > > My Scotty isn't as legendary as yours but both are pretty sought after tour weight models. It's so difficult to move to an arm lock from such a classic Scotty but the results are pretty undeniable... +3 75 for me yesterday with 29 putts.

> >

> >

> > I fee the same way. It’s pretty disheartening in a way to basically admit you cannot putt in the conventional sense , and that’s exactly what armlocking is saying. It’s a failure of sorts in my book.

> >

> > But. The difference in undeniable. With one you literally fear par putts over 12 inches. With the other you don’t even flinch when you have one that’s 6 ft coming back. Why ? Because you know you can start it online. All you have to do is read it correctly and trust the line. And it goes in. At the end of the day. If you are competing , you have to do what produces the lowest score within the rules. Even if it feels a bit dishonest. Or wrong. In a “ spirit of the game “ sort of way.

> >

> Well said and I couldn’t agree more. This is exactly the reason that I am fearful the USGA will step in and screw it up.

>

I’m glad that got out in a way that at least somebody understands. I worried it wouldn’t. I’m not at all calling anyone a cheat etc. I’m just giving my personal opinion , and feelings on the subject. But I’m also the guy who thinks it’s bad luck to improve your lie even on lift clean and place days. I’ll play it down those days too unless it’s just a huge Mud ball. I don’t know why I’m that way. I subconsciously worry that there will be a price to pay elsewhere for using this method. Again. Just my idiosyncrasies.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @jas904 said:

> > @t4t3r said:

>

> Just a suggestion if you are going to adjust the length. Odyssey didn’t do themselves any favors with the stock grip. You might want to consider the Jumbomax grip with the flat side against your arm. Made a huge difference for me.

>

>

Appreciate it, will definitely take a look if the stock grip doesn’t come off cleanly. Love my Milspecs (and my T22 among some other blade-style putters), but I have similar issues as many others with short putts. I can lag to 3-4 feet or less from pretty much anywhere on the green, but I am borderline yippy over those short ones. I seem to fare much better on high-quality greens, but seeing those sorts of courses unfortunately only happens a couple times a year if that. I just don’t consistently have the steady stroke needed to bang the short ones in - I’m encouraged that I’ll see some improvement with an arm lock and it will indulge my curiosity if nothing else.

> @t4t3r said:

Adjust the putter to your geometry, rather than adjusting your body to swing a stock spec'd putter.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jas904 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @t4t3r said:

> > > > > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

> > > >

> > > > My Scotty isn't as legendary as yours but both are pretty sought after tour weight models. It's so difficult to move to an arm lock from such a classic Scotty but the results are pretty undeniable... +3 75 for me yesterday with 29 putts.

> > >

> > >

> > > I fee the same way. It’s pretty disheartening in a way to basically admit you cannot putt in the conventional sense , and that’s exactly what armlocking is saying. It’s a failure of sorts in my book.

> > >

> > > But. The difference in undeniable. With one you literally fear par putts over 12 inches. With the other you don’t even flinch when you have one that’s 6 ft coming back. Why ? Because you know you can start it online. All you have to do is read it correctly and trust the line. And it goes in. At the end of the day. If you are competing , you have to do what produces the lowest score within the rules. Even if it feels a bit dishonest. Or wrong. In a “ spirit of the game “ sort of way.

> > >

> > Well said and I couldn’t agree more. This is exactly the reason that I am fearful the USGA will step in and screw it up.

> >

>

> I’m glad that got out in a way that at least somebody understands. I worried it wouldn’t. I’m not at all calling anyone a cheat etc. I’m just giving my personal opinion , and feelings on the subject. But I’m also the guy who thinks it’s bad luck to improve your lie even on lift clean and place days. I’ll play it down those days too unless it’s just a huge Mud ball. I don’t know why I’m that way. I subconsciously worry that there will be a price to pay elsewhere for using this method. Again. Just my idiosyncrasies.

I think I am inline with the USGA in that this is simply another type of grip one can use (interlock, overlap, pencil, saw, left hand low, baseball, ...armlock). The butt end of the grip is not a pivot point, it moves with the hands and arm just like the other grips. Some golfers have done this for quite some time, just these days the playing length has gotten longer up the arm. I was right behind Kuch and probably got one of the first production Betti Kuch model 1s, and in WRX type fashion, tinkering with numerous ever since, so I hope that nothing happens to the method anytime soon.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

> @Deuce78 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @jas904 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > @t4t3r said:

> > > > > > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

> > > > >

> > > > > My Scotty isn't as legendary as yours but both are pretty sought after tour weight models. It's so difficult to move to an arm lock from such a classic Scotty but the results are pretty undeniable... +3 75 for me yesterday with 29 putts.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I fee the same way. It’s pretty disheartening in a way to basically admit you cannot putt in the conventional sense , and that’s exactly what armlocking is saying. It’s a failure of sorts in my book.

> > > >

> > > > But. The difference in undeniable. With one you literally fear par putts over 12 inches. With the other you don’t even flinch when you have one that’s 6 ft coming back. Why ? Because you know you can start it online. All you have to do is read it correctly and trust the line. And it goes in. At the end of the day. If you are competing , you have to do what produces the lowest score within the rules. Even if it feels a bit dishonest. Or wrong. In a “ spirit of the game “ sort of way.

> > > >

> > > Well said and I couldn’t agree more. This is exactly the reason that I am fearful the USGA will step in and screw it up.

> > >

> >

> > I’m glad that got out in a way that at least somebody understands. I worried it wouldn’t. I’m not at all calling anyone a cheat etc. I’m just giving my personal opinion , and feelings on the subject. But I’m also the guy who thinks it’s bad luck to improve your lie even on lift clean and place days. I’ll play it down those days too unless it’s just a huge Mud ball. I don’t know why I’m that way. I subconsciously worry that there will be a price to pay elsewhere for using this method. Again. Just my idiosyncrasies.

>

> I think I am inline with the USGA in that this is simply another type of grip one can use (interlock, overlap, pencil, saw, left hand low, baseball, ...armlock). The butt end of the grip is not a pivot point, it moves with the hands and arm just like the other grips. Some golfers have done this for quite some time, just these days the playing length has gotten longer up the arm. I was right behind Kuch and probably got one of the first production Betti Kuch model 1s, and in WRX type fashion, tinkering with numerous ever since, so I hope that nothing happens to the method anytime soon.

Yep. I get that. But I honestly feel the same about all those other grips. It’s not a rules thing. It’s a band aid thing. And I prefer true fixes not things taped together. First thing I think when I see the claw is “ that guy has the yips “. Otherwise , why would you use that ?

Not trying to start an argument. Just expressing an opinion. One that kept me from armlocking for 2/3 years .

Think on it this way. Face vs path vs dynamic loft at impact. Something about armlock makes those 3 come together at impact. That’s all. The ball doesn’t know the arm is locked. So it’s clearing up an inherent flaw in my stroke or else it couldn’t possibly work like a cure all. Right ? So it’s a bandaid to a problem that I’m not sure how to diagnose or repair.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Deuce78 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @jas904 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > > > @t4t3r said:

> > > > > > > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My Scotty isn't as legendary as yours but both are pretty sought after tour weight models. It's so difficult to move to an arm lock from such a classic Scotty but the results are pretty undeniable... +3 75 for me yesterday with 29 putts.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I fee the same way. It’s pretty disheartening in a way to basically admit you cannot putt in the conventional sense , and that’s exactly what armlocking is saying. It’s a failure of sorts in my book.

> > > > >

> > > > > But. The difference in undeniable. With one you literally fear par putts over 12 inches. With the other you don’t even flinch when you have one that’s 6 ft coming back. Why ? Because you know you can start it online. All you have to do is read it correctly and trust the line. And it goes in. At the end of the day. If you are competing , you have to do what produces the lowest score within the rules. Even if it feels a bit dishonest. Or wrong. In a “ spirit of the game “ sort of way.

> > > > >

> > > > Well said and I couldn’t agree more. This is exactly the reason that I am fearful the USGA will step in and screw it up.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I’m glad that got out in a way that at least somebody understands. I worried it wouldn’t. I’m not at all calling anyone a cheat etc. I’m just giving my personal opinion , and feelings on the subject. But I’m also the guy who thinks it’s bad luck to improve your lie even on lift clean and place days. I’ll play it down those days too unless it’s just a huge Mud ball. I don’t know why I’m that way. I subconsciously worry that there will be a price to pay elsewhere for using this method. Again. Just my idiosyncrasies.

> >

> > I think I am inline with the USGA in that this is simply another type of grip one can use (interlock, overlap, pencil, saw, left hand low, baseball, ...armlock). The butt end of the grip is not a pivot point, it moves with the hands and arm just like the other grips. Some golfers have done this for quite some time, just these days the playing length has gotten longer up the arm. I was right behind Kuch and probably got one of the first production Betti Kuch model 1s, and in WRX type fashion, tinkering with numerous ever since, so I hope that nothing happens to the method anytime soon.

>

> Yep. I get that. But I honestly feel the same about all those other grips. It’s not a rules thing. It’s a band aid thing. And I prefer true fixes not things taped together. First thing I think when I see the claw is “ that guy has the yips “. Otherwise , why would you use that ?

>

> Not trying to start an argument. Just expressing an opinion. One that kept me from armlocking for 2/3 years .

>

> Think on it this way. Face vs path vs dynamic loft at impact. Something about armlock makes those 3 come together at impact. That’s all. The ball doesn’t know the arm is locked. So it’s clearing up an inherent flaw in my stroke or else it couldn’t possibly work like a cure all. Right ? So it’s a bandaid to a problem that I’m not sure how to diagnose or repair.

The interesting thing for me is that my putting in that awkward range of 3-5 feet hasn't changed. I've always been good at staying on my intended line and putting confidently - even with the blade. Where this has helped most is burning the hole on nearly every putt in the 10-20 foot range and it has helped my lag putting outside of that considerably. 29 putts again yesterday. My iron striking was the best it has been in a while but my driver was acting up hard - blocking everything. So I was constantly fighting my way out of the rough and out of trees. My chipping was also very average compared to recent rounds. I made maybe 3 or 4 putts around 10-15 feet to save par. My 77 would've been 82-84 putting conventionally. That is a big difference to me. Last 4 rounds with armlock all in the 70s. Prior to switching back a bunch of low to mid 80s. Big difference maker. That said, I still want to learn to fix my conventional stroke.

> @Deuce78 said:

> > @t4t3r said:

>

> Adjust the putter to your geometry, rather than adjusting your body to swing a stock spec'd putter.

That's what my post was asking - what are the most likely changes that need to be made in concert with shortening the length if I'm below average height and I don't have a competent builder near me? I know the stock specs likely won't work, but I'm trying to figure out which direction to start.

I'm 5'9" and typically use a 33.25" putter. For the armlock, I cut the Odyssey one down from the stock 40" to 39" and had it bent upright to 76 degrees. In retrospect, 40" would have been perfectly fine. The stock setup seemed WAY too flat, like the only way to sole the putter would be for me to stand a mile away from it. Golf Galaxy did the lie adjustment very easily.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

> @t4t3r said:

> > @Deuce78 said:

> > > @t4t3r said:

> > > Ordered an arm lock v-line (my favorite callaway head shape) for a song yesterday so the experiment will be underway shortly. I don’t think there’s any way I can play a 42” putter at my height but we’ll see how it sets up when it arrives. If I need to chop off a couple inches, what likely needs to happen with the loft/lie, more upright I assume? Don’t mind putting some effort into getting it right but my concern is finding someone who could actually get me set up in the right specs in my area.

> >

> > Adjust the putter to your geometry, rather than adjusting your body to swing a stock spec'd putter.

>

> That's what my post was asking - what are the most likely changes that need to be made in concert with shortening the length if I'm below average height and I don't have a competent builder near me? I know the stock specs likely won't work, but I'm trying to figure out which direction to start.

Cant really say that. For example I can play a 45 inch armlock, or a 38 in armlock. It depends on which is most comfortable to you. My current is 44 inches and I am 6'2". I will cut off one of mine at 39 and see what that does. For me would be less loft like 6 degrees and a low to mid 70s lie angle, maybe 74 deg. Where as my 44 is 9 or 10 loft and 70 lie.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve tried about 5 different arm lock putters in the last 3 years. Sometimes I putt great, but nearly every time I lose it after a couple months. Speed kills me and I have a tough time seeing the lines. Even broke down and tried a directed force arm lock. Selling them all lolol.

I’ll figure it out eventually...I hope

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

I think I'm going to give the Arm Lock a try this off season, my putting has been killing my game and I'm sure like many others I'm desperate to try something to save my game. My one issue is that I'm a lefty and lefty arm lock putters are rare to say the least so I'm probably going to have to build one myself, I know most people go the route of the Odyssey Tank putter but I'm not a huge fan of the inserts but if I have to use one to get a fell before buying a proper arm lock I will. But what are some other putter heads used to build an arm lock?

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

> @MattM97 said:

> I think I'm going to give the Arm Lock a try this off season, my putting has been killing my game and I'm sure like many others I'm desperate to try something to save my game. My one issue is that I'm a lefty and lefty arm lock putters are rare to say the least so I'm probably going to have to build one myself, I know most people go the route of the Odyssey Tank putter but I'm not a huge fan of the inserts but if I have to use one to get a fell before buying a proper arm lock I will. But what are some other putter heads used to build an arm lock?

i use a kombi i really like the long sight line on it when lining up

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Tripple Diamond *9, Fujikura Motore X F1 6 XStiff

Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 

Irons: Mizuno MP5

Wedges: Honma

Putter: Scotty Kombi Long

Ball: Pro v1 

> @Calle83 said:

> > @MattM97 said:

> > I think I'm going to give the Arm Lock a try this off season, my putting has been killing my game and I'm sure like many others I'm desperate to try something to save my game. My one issue is that I'm a lefty and lefty arm lock putters are rare to say the least so I'm probably going to have to build one myself, I know most people go the route of the Odyssey Tank putter but I'm not a huge fan of the inserts but if I have to use one to get a fell before buying a proper arm lock I will. But what are some other putter heads used to build an arm lock?

>

> i use a kombi i really like the long sight line on it when lining up

I'll look into it but highly doubt there is a LH version because it's a Scotty.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana