P2 Putter Grip-Anyone using one?? (merged)

• 3 weeks later...

I was struggling with my putting and installed a P2. Wow did I start making some putts. Makes my hands feel natural with my Ping Redwood Anser.

Ping G430 10K 10.5 GD Tour AD DI 6 X Stiff 
Ping G430 SFT 3 Wood Tour AD DI 7 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood Tour 75 Stiff
Ping i530 5-UW Nippon Modus 105S

Glide 4.0 54WS & Glide 60WS
36” Ping 2021 Harwood SuperStroke XL Tour 2.0+Plus 

Wilson Staff Tour Model X

• 1 month later...

Any other tour pros use this?

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I played it for several rounds. Just could not get really comfortable with it.. Well constructed and all. Just not a fit for me. And I was really wanting to like the grip.. I gave it every chance. Maybe if I get the smaller grip it might work. For now I have gone back to my SuperStroke mid slim 2.0. It is in my comfort range. And I like it.

Gil Leonard

I played it for several rounds. Just could not get really comfortable with it.. Well constructed and all. Just not a fit for me. And I was really wanting to like the grip.. I gave it every chance. Maybe if I get the smaller grip it might work. For now I have gone back to my SuperStroke mid slim 2.0. It is in my comfort range. And I like it.

What model/size P2 did you get?

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• 1 month later...

I think one of the more overlooked aspects of the P2 grips are the different shape options as well. Everyone has different size hands and grips the putter differently. I have a VERY strange putting grip and I've never found a grip more comfortable in my hands than the aware tour. That was the original selling point for me. I hope they continue to grow their distribution so people can get them in their hands and find a good fit like I did.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone compared these grips to the grips from Forward Golf? Essentially they are the exact same idea and would love to hear some reviews

http://forwardgolfgrips.com/product/forward-putter-grip/

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Having tried the Forward grip & found it to be just too large and lacking all feel, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the P2 since it seems to be just another foam filled grip that feels dead to me. I liked the wrist position the Forward grip design introduced, so it should be similar with the P2, but if it lacks feel I'll pass. Similarly, although I've liked the shapes & sizes of the SuperStrokes, I have no sense of touch & feel since the material they use absorbs far too much vibration. Maybe it's because I grew up playing the thin Ping Man, or similar Golf Pride and prefer plain old firm rubber...everything else I've tried simply doesn't resonate enough upon impact. I currently game the Pistolero since I like the wider paddle at the top, but the material is once again a simple rubber makeup, so the shape of the Tour Aware has me interested & wishing they released a rubber version. Can anyone comment on how the feel compares to SuperStroke or other foam filled grip styles?

Having tried the Forward grip & found it to be just too large and lacking all feel, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the P2 since it seems to be just another foam filled grip that feels dead to me. I liked the wrist position the Forward grip design introduced, so it should be similar with the P2, but if it lacks feel I'll pass. Similarly, although I've liked the shapes & sizes of the SuperStrokes, I have no sense of touch & feel since the material they use absorbs far too much vibration. Maybe it's because I grew up playing the thin Ping Man, or similar Golf Pride and prefer plain old firm rubber...everything else I've tried simply doesn't resonate enough upon impact. I currently game the Pistolero since I like the wider paddle at the top, but the material is once again a simple rubber makeup, so the shape of the Tour Aware has me interested & wishing they released a rubber version. Can anyone comment on how the feel compares to SuperStroke or other foam filled grip styles?

I have the Forward standard pistol grip on a Rife blade putter and it is small and fairly firm. It might suit you. I also have a P2 React Tour on my Cleveland Huntington Beach #6. I'm putting well with that combination and really like the P2 grip. The P2 doesn't lack feel for me, but as with any grip, YMMV.

I just ordered 2 P2 grips to try, will put on with air just in case I don’t like. Ordered the Aware and the React Tour to see which shape I like better. Anyone try these grips? What can I expect?

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

I just ordered 2 P2 grips to try, will put on with air just in case I don’t like. Ordered the Aware and the React Tour to see which shape I like better. Anyone try these grips? What can I expect?

You can expect to make more putts.

Which P2 do you use? What do you like about them? I am coming from a SuperStroke 2.0 Pistol which I like but wanted to try something different

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5

Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Evnroll ER5 black

You can expect to make more putts.

Which P2 do you use? What do you like about them? I am coming from a SuperStroke 2.0 Pistol which I like but wanted to try something different

I have an Aware Tour grip. When I first tried one at PGA show 2017 I was immediately a fan of the shape because I have a very strange putting grip and it fit perfectly into my hands. I regretfully didn’t buy one until August but since then I’ve also noticed that the “tech” in these grips works (at least for me) and I notice a much smoother stroke and a completely natural release with no conscious effort due to the orientation of the shaft in the grip.

Tried the Aware tour and the React tour today. Liked both but there is something about the Aware tour that fits my hands and gives me confidence. Granted I was just putting inside but think I am going to start the year with the Aware on my putter

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5

Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Evnroll ER5 black

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the position the P2 putt my hands, however the grip was way to big. I had the classic. I may try another one at sometime if I can try it before I have to order it. There is not very many retailers in my area carrying them

I felt the classic was way to big too. I went to the aware and I love it. My favorite putter grip ever.

Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
Ping G30 14.5 stiff
Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S
Taylormade DJ Spider Tour

anyone install an aware tour with air instead of solvent? I wanna try it out on a couple different putters but dont want to have to buy multiple

I did when I was trying them out. I didn’t have a problem but was very careful. I use air for everything but my putters. For me I feel putter grips don’t stay as secure as full swing grips. I am sure it’s the shaft diameter.

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5

Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Evnroll ER5 black

anyone install an aware tour with air instead of solvent? I wanna try it out on a couple different putters but don’t want to have to buy multiple

I did when I was trying them out. I didn’t have a problem but was very careful. I use air for everything but my putters. For me I feel putter grips don’t stay as secure as full swing grips. I am sure it’s the shaft diameter.

interesting since there’s so much less torque on the grips during a putting stroke. could a couple layers of tape remedy this?

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd try and get some opinion on here regarding the P2 putter grip.

I'm a scratch golfer but putting tends to be the weakest part of my game (averaging 33-34 putts per round).

I typically have a pronounced arc to my putting stroke and tend to play a heel shafted putter (Scotty Golo 3 at the moment). I understand the benefit of the P2 in that it raises the hands into a more locked position and prevents rotation. With that in mind would the grip suite a putting stroke with an arc?

Also I use a claw style grip on the putter, of the current tour models (I like a heavy putter head so I would want the lighter grip) which one do you think would suite that grip style?

Thanks.

I changed to the P2 Aware a couple of months ago. Playing off a +1 handicap and wanted to sharpen up on the putting, rest of the game is pretty maxed out so improved putting was where room for improvement lay. P2 grip made a big difference; distance control and hitting my lines became so much better. Wish I had changed a long time ago!