2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Maybe they will offer a discount on their zen inducing focus band to the first 100 early/delayed adopters.. can turn your brain green so you aren't upset when the app crashes, chant...OOOOMMMM!!! Can look like a real goober with the black band on as you hit a 7 iron 201 yards. Aftermarket for different color metal dots (for the PXG crowd that a 7 iron going 201 yards is a fat strike).. is the focus band legal for tournament play?

Haha I stand corrected. Guess they decide to add height and flight shape. That's a nice upgrade

Height is just a trigonometric function of distance. It has to calculate height, but it's also based on outbound angle. It won't know if it balloons at apex or not, but like everything else ballistic, it can be extrapolated.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Haha I stand corrected. Guess they decide to add height and flight shape. That's a nice upgrade

Height is just a trigonometric function of distance. It has to calculate height, but it's also based on outbound angle. It won't know if it balloons at apex or not, but like everything else ballistic, it can be extrapolated.

I'm curious why calculations would not be able to tell if it "balloons". They have launch angle, ball speed, and spin, I think that is all that is needed?

I went to the Flightscope optimizer and put in launch angle, spin, and ball speed and could make the animation show a ballooning shot. I would guess they are using the same simulation for this.

I'm curious why calculations would not be able to tell if it "balloons". They have launch angle, ball speed, and spin, I think that is all that is needed?

I went to the Flightscope optimizer and put in launch angle, spin, and ball speed and could make the animation show a ballooning shot. I would guess they are using the same simulation for this.

I agree. It would be a bummer if they didn't show apex since all of the numbers needed to calculate it are apparently measured by this device.

If FS made the Mevo measure all parameters then they would never sell their higher end units. But if it did they would sell a ton of Mevo's.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

With the dots, it measures spin, ball speed and launch angle. So it's algorithms should be able to predict whether it balloons or not, right?

Edit: sorry, just saw the post above saying the same thing.

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Will there be support for Android?

FAQ from

http://www.flightscopemevo.com/#!/faq

Does MEVO work with Android?

"Yes"

Good to know, but the FAQ also lists "Along with your Mevo, you will receive a USB charging cable, about 50 metal stickers, a carrying pouch, and a manual." As everyone knows from the first early March delivery date to now end of April all they have delivered is vapor ware and zero units.. oh I'm sorry I forgot about the handful that have been throughly updated and tested that have shipped (meanwhile they continue to post new greatest screenshots of the week..hopefully those handful of people are getting links to the latest vapor ware)

For some reason they don't mention it for Android. Since there are more androids sold than iOS it would seem they should be doing it first and the Google play store is pretty lax compared to apple approval requirements..

If is easier to develop for iOS / iPhone because of the closed software / hardware environment. You know what capiblities each phone has and that if the phone has version 10.3.1, it will be the same on every phone. On Android phones, the hardware capabilities can be different between phones and the same version of the android can vary between manufacturers or even between devices. That makes it much more difficult to test and determine which phones the app will work on.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

FAQ from

http://www.flightsco...mevo.com/#!/faq

"Yes"

Good to know, but the FAQ also lists "Along with your Mevo, you will receive a USB charging cable, about 50 metal stickers, a carrying pouch, and a manual." As everyone knows from the first early March delivery date to now end of April all they have delivered is vapor ware and zero units.. oh I'm sorry I forgot about the handful that have been throughly updated and tested that have shipped (meanwhile they continue to post new greatest screenshots of the week..hopefully those handful of people are getting links to the latest vapor ware)

In other words "Games is right."

FAQ from

http://www.flightsco...mevo.com/#!/faq

"Yes"

It's OK Bob. At this point, given the public shots of MEVO's capabilities, all you have left is to double down on your entrenched position. Next time, all you have to say is "Games was right."

The turning point for me was when they showed the Mevo's being bench tested. Now I know the do exist and if they keep feeding updates I fine. The 6 week stretch of no updates, pictures or videos was a major letdown and aggravating. Now as long as the Mevo works as advertised and doesn't have Bluetooth problems or battery issues then I will be a FS customer. The last screen shot really makes me believe the product will be better then the current models in that price group. They really need to get these shipping this upcoming week though.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I just think it is funny with all the updates and new pictures every week. And all the breathless advocates that keep hoping this is the week that someone among the first payers might finally get an email with a tracking number. If they had truly shipped anything someone in the U.S. would have gotten one. I don't have a nickel in it anymore having got my full $508.05 back long ago.. Now I just enjoy the weekly updates on a product that seems to have only existed in pictures of a non functional prototype. More power to the individuals that are willing to give their money away for zero interest and zero product for 3 months. Most reputable companies charge when the product is shipped not when the product is being developed without units.

I love all the "you can never predict when a product from overseas will be received" excuses. The longest I have ever waited for a product to arrive via Japan Post including customs is 4 days..sometimes less. The difference is the product existed.

We will see what the eighth week brings. email, pictures, hooked up to a computer, boxes in boxes..

I was commenting to a couple reps.about the silliness with the MEVO. To my surprise they said I could use their trackman anytime I wanted, including weekends when they didn't have demos or fittings.. So in a way I owe that good fortune to no MEVO. I would never have mentioned it to them and wouldn't have got the offer.

I love all the "you can never predict when a product from overseas will be received" excuses. The longest I have ever waited for a product to arrive via Japan Post including customs is 4 days..sometimes less. The difference is the product existed.

You do realize that when companies have bulk shipments like this sent from overseas, especially for a large run like this, they are generally coming by boat, right?

Air freight on hundreds of pounds isn't cheap, and if a company can save $, they will almost always go that route.

The company hasn't once said it's a delay bc of manufacturing or production . They have said zero until recently . The company shouldn't be billing you until the item has shipped . Taking customers money before they ship is bs in my book . With all that said if the product does what they say it will do it will sell so I see no reason for them to be so secretive this whole time .

I pre-ordered. No expectation they would meet expected delivery date. Updates only confirm original pre-order. Understand if lesser patrons with less trust renege.

Initial posts suggest this thing nails it. Cancellations will either report back to their masters or double down on their own stupidity. Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

The company hasn't once said it's a delay bc of manufacturing or production . They have said zero until recently . The company shouldn't be billing you until the item has shipped . Taking customers money before they ship is bs in my book . With all that said if the product does what they say it will do it will sell so I see no reason for them to be so secretive this whole time .

I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered some people saying they preordered through PayPal. Again, could be completely off on this but if it was a PayPal preorder, I think they'd have to charge you right away as it isn't a regular credit card merchant transaction.

I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered some people saying they preordered through PayPal. Again, could be completely off on this but if it was a PayPal preorder, I think they'd have to charge you right away as it isn't a regular credit card merchant transaction.

I used my Credit Card through Pay Pal. I figured this would give me the best protection if I needed to dispute the charge. I agree that they shouldn't charge the full price until the unit ships but they would only be able to take Credit card only orders. March 1st was when everyone expected the units to start shipping and here we are less then a week from May and still nothing. I'm curious on how then "New" firmware got flagged that it was so important to install now. The logical answer is that they shipped from the manufacturing plant with no firmware on them to be installed at the Orlando HQ or one of the Engineer's was still working on the bug fixes during the first production run. Missing their forecasted March 1st date by 2 months and pending is a bit of a black eye on FS but that's from us punching them in the face every day for another week missed.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Hey games, I've been holding out until I've heard some reviews as to the accuracy and until the bugs get worked out. Since you pre-ordered, does any of this concern you? I'm not much of a gadget guy, could you tell me how the bugs get fixed for the first few batches that go out? Is it all through the app or could the Mevo itself have to be updated/replaced?

The delay in the release doesn't bother me, I'd rather them take their time and get it right, so I'm thinking about putting in my order now. Good move? Thanks!

Hey games, I've been holding out until I've heard some reviews as to the accuracy and until the bugs get worked out. Since you pre-ordered, does any of this concern you? I'm not much of a gadget guy, could you tell me how the bugs get fixed for the first few batches that go out? Is it all through the app or could the Mevo itself have to be updated/replaced?

The delay in the release doesn't bother me, I'd rather them take their time and get it right, so I'm thinking about putting in my order now. Good move? Thanks!

Like you, I'm not much of a gadget guy, and this is my first experience as an early adopter of any consumer tech. Also, like you, I'm not worried about the delay and trust FS is just "getting it right." I ordered based on FlightScope's reputation and my limited experience with their products. I doubt their first consumer release would be subpar, but if it is, I'll just return the unit. If they nail me with a restocking fee, I'll chalk it up to lesson learned.

While we saw a pic of a wired MEVO on a testing bench, I don't think we really know if the port on the unit is just for charging or if it facilitates upgrades. This is probably a pipe dream, but I'm hoping the port facilitates a future upgrade to measure / extrapolate lateral spin, which could then evolve to a simulator app. Maybe it could enable integration of purchased hardware (hitting mat or club attachment) for clubhead data. I would expect such upgrades would require an additional fee. And, it would make sense FS would withhold functionality from the MEVO that would otherwise cannibalize sales of its commercial units.

Like you, I'm not much of a gadget guy, and this is my first experience as an early adopter of any consumer tech. Also, like you, I'm not worried about the delay and trust FS is just "getting it right." I ordered based on FlightScope's reputation and my limited experience with their products. I doubt their first consumer release would be subpar, but if it is, I'll just return the unit. If they nail me with a restocking fee, I'll chalk it up to lesson learned.

While we saw a pic of a wired MEVO on a testing bench, I don't think we really know if the port on the unit is just for charging or if it facilitates upgrades. This is probably a pipe dream, but I'm hoping the port facilitates a future upgrade to measure / extrapolate lateral spin, which could then evolve to a simulator app. Maybe it could enable integration of purchased hardware (hitting mat or club attachment) for clubhead data. I would expect such upgrades would require an additional fee. And, it would make sense FS would withhold functionality from the MEVO that would otherwise cannibalize sales of its commercial units.

Mini Type B usb cable is the same connection that I use to upgrade the IOS on Cisco routers. I would say they will provide us with a USB cable that only allows 2 pins to be active for charging. Probably works like a standard serial connection with the proper cable.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

The port is both a data port and a charging port. YAY USB!

As far as firmware updates, I bet we'll see one or two as they refine the process. How it's updated is yet to be seen. It might be something done via bluetooth as using the USB port would require an extra app for a computer (hopefully for Mac and PC). I doubt they'd charge for such an update unless it adds new functionality.

Very satisfying to finally see it! Indoor mode for less then 40 yards of ball flight. Also you can adjust altitude. This does look like a game changer of a product.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6