2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Should Topic Title Be: Tiger Is Done, or Is Tiger Done?

DrSchteeve

Don't ever count the "GOAT" out. Look at what Brady did a few hours ago. I'm just saying!

Yeah but Brady only needed one team to choke and hand it to him. Tiger needs about 150 golfers a week to take the gas.

Exactly, well said. there no zone/prevent defence in golf. You gotta do it yourself 99% of the time

Stunned by the EPIC fail from Atlanta. As a Packer fan, I know all too well the 'prevent' defense cause Dom Capers employs all too often with a lead!!! I know this is a golf forum, but that was an ungodly choke, and it deserves some venting, wow! Keep your foot on the gas or expect to get passed!! Ouch!

In the words of Dr. Beaman(aka Will Ferrell), "That was ROUGHHHH...."

I'm a non knowledgeable Aussie fan but love NFL. I thought Atlanta would be too fast and have too many guns and for two and a half quarters it looked like being a blow out. They just took their foot off the gas on D and Brady did as he pleased. Ryan choked big time too but some of the blame has to go to Shanahan. Some of those pass calls late in the game were unbelieveably dumb for a side sitting on a lead. Just run the damn ball and hit the FG to put the pressure back on them. Burning up a time out on that challenge was dumb too.

I thought he should have quit after hitting that putt on number 4 yesterday. It was the worst I've ever seen a professional golfer hit in my life. European tour camera work is so bad I had to rewind it three times to figure out what they hell he had done or was trying to do.

Was that the one he topped from the fringe and it went half way to the hole?

Gotta love the narrative that it was the long flight that did him in. Was he the only player who made that flight? The commercial flights have beds too.

Regarding the NFL. It's all rigged. There is holding on every play. They call it when they want. If NE ran up the score in the first half the game would have been boring and they would have lost ratings. So they scripted a Cinderella story. They had me fooled. Thought ATL was going to win until they turned the ball over and NE scored.

Don't ever count the "GOAT" out. Look at what Brady did a few hours ago. I'm just saying!

Yeah but Brady only needed one team to choke and hand it to him. Tiger needs about 150 golfers a week to take the gas.

Exactly, well said. there no zone/prevent defence in golf. You gotta do it yourself 99% of the time

Brady hasn't been hurt like Tiger Woods has been injured, it's a poor comparison. Besides Brady is quite a family man and exemplifies good character!

From what I have seen and read, today's withdrawal has moved a lot of people to think that Tiger is almost assuredly done. No one has confidence in him now. Today might really be the day where we can all say, "I knew then that the greatest golfer ever would never win again."'

"I knew then that the Second greatest golfer ever would never win again."'

\

I am to blame for how we got here..... :derisive:

Brady hasn't been hurt like Tiger Woods has been injured, it's a poor comparison. Besides Brady is quite a family man and exemplifies good character!

As long as you don't count being a cheat.

Now that Tiger is done with golf, he can finally work on the next big thing. Fulfilling his father's prophecy:

From Golf.com:

"Tiger will do more than any other man in history to change the course of humanity," Earl Woods said. No kidding? Smith was understandably skeptical, so he followed up: Would the kid do more than Buddha, Gandhi and Nelson Mandela?

"Yes, because he has a larger forum than any of them," Earl said.

No pressure.

Earl made Trump seem like he was underselling.

The easy answer is that he's done when he announces his retirement.

During his last comeback, he eventually faded into the backdrop for most true fans of the PGA Tour. Seems like it took a lot of tournament golf for him to hold it together for 4 rounds. I don't expect anything different this time. Although he has obviously been there before, not with this body. He has to find the limits. Figure out how much gas is in the tank, then pace himself to make a run on Sunday afternoon. He'll build a little better reserve after every tournament, although I would say he seemed to order the AYCE tournament golf. Every other week would have probably been more realistic for the first month or two.

I still don't get this Tiger needs more tournaments to build up his stamina/gas in the tank. More tournaments maybe for tournament toughness but for goodness sake it's golf. How is it that Roger Federer can not play in any tournaments (to get tournament tough) in 6 months and come back from knee surgery and a chronic bad back and win s grand slam at 35 (arguably the equivalent of mid 40s in golf from wear and tear). No comparison to the physical demands between golf and tennis. Many of the same motions on knees, hips, backs, shoulders, wrists, Achilles, necks etc. The only difference is tennis is done while running with abusive starts and stops to the lower body.. So Roger can do it without being tournament tough, but Tiger needs to regain tournament toughness and stamina to compete again. By the way when Tiger was in his 20s he always came back from injury and was competitive immediately..even winning some. As Butch Harmon said recently it wasn't golf that did tigers body in, it was all the work in the gym.. Somehow I don't see Federer lifting weights in the gym to get his upper body ripped...

I still don't get this Tiger needs more tournaments to build up his stamina/gas in the tank. More tournaments maybe for tournament toughness but for goodness sake it's golf. How is it that Roger Federer can not play in any tournaments (to get tournament tough) in 6 months and come back from knee surgery and a chronic bad back and win s grand slam at 35 (arguably the equivalent of mid 40s in golf from wear and tear). No comparison to the physical demands between golf and tennis. Many of the same motions on knees, hips, backs, shoulders, wrists, Achilles, necks etc. The only difference is tennis is done while running with abusive starts and stops to the lower body.. So Roger can do it without being tournament tough, but Tiger needs to regain tournament toughness and stamina to compete again. By the way when Tiger was in his 20s he always came back from injury and was competitive immediately..even winning some. As Butch Harmon said recently it wasn't golf that did tigers body in, it was all the work in the gym.. Somehow I don't see Federer lifting weights in the gym to get his upper body ripped...

Injuries are different for person to person, for sport to sport,

If I am reading this correctly, it took over 5 years total and over 2 years after surgery to come back from a back injury,

http://www.golfchann...ury-behind-him/

A two-time U.S. Open champion and seven-time PGA Tour winner, it wasn’t so long ago that Goosen had neither the health nor the game to contend at this level. A back injury suffered some five years ago continued to linger. Injections didn’t help. On Aug. 24, 2012, he underwent surgery in London during which a titanium disc was inserted in his back. It was four months before he could even swing a club again.

“When I went in for surgery,” he recalled, “I was talking to my wife that I physically can't play golf anymore, so if surgery is not a success, I'm still in the same boat. So I'm very happy with the way that's turned out. It's now been pretty much almost 2½ years since surgery. My back's feeling great. I have zero back pain.

IMO: TID

The sooner he quits, the better. Painful to watch, and it's not going to get better. He's been dealing with this set, reset, then reset again for at least 3 years. He torched his body with his violent swings, and it's not going to recover.

I remember watching him as an amateur and seeing how hard he swung a pitching wedge, and wondering: can his body do that for a lifetime? Answer: no.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry, but I need to take a shower and get an exorcism after viewing your GIF image.

YES! The march to 19 Majors continues in just 4 short years!

Ha! I think it's best if TW just makes a replica of Augusta and practices year round for the Master's. Make it his only tournament Preserve himself so he can just play it

for the next 15 years. This way, we can all enjoy the discussions for many, many years to come ; )

Ha! I think it's best if TW just makes a replica of Augusta and practices year round for the Master's. Make it his only tournament Preserve himself so he can just play it

for the next 15 years. This way, we can all enjoy the discussions for many, many years to come ; )

That's actually not a bad idea...

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

[

A cheat? He just won the Superbowl with his best asset/weapon out the entire post season, with two of his WR who were never even drafted and one of his other WR who went in the 7th round.

Brady just proved he could literally do it all with garbage at his disposal.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

That's just what this thread needed: transition to a Brady discussion...

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

It's an aside, but I had to point it out.

Hogan: undrafted

Amendola: undrafted

Edelman: drafted 7th round

Gronk: out injured entire 2017 post season

Brady still set the SB RECORD for passing yards...with scrubs!

He is simply the greatest ever.

Now back to the Tiger fiasco...

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Eldrick has had 3 Back surgeries, you can see how he walks after a swing on the course that he is in discomfort. I have had 3 back surgeries and I cannot play more than two days in a row and I swing nothing like Eldrick. I can't imagine what his back goes through when he swings.

Navy Seals workouts, HGH, steroids abuse along with the injuries that his body has undergone through the years.

Eldrick is finished, kaput, done.

Not to mention the pounding his back took servicing all those IHOP waitresses.........

I forgot about that

As most grown ups should have by now........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

It's an aside, but I had to point it out.

Hogan: undrafted

Amendola: undrafted

Edelman: drafted 7th round

Gronk: out injured entire 2017 post season

Brady still set the SB RECORD for passing yards...with scrubs!

He is simply the greatest ever.

Now back to the Tiger fiasco...

New York Giants own Brady ; )

[

A cheat? He just won the Superbowl with his best asset/weapon out the entire post season, with two of his WR who were never even drafted and one of his other WR who went in the 7th round.

Brady just proved he could literally do it all with garbage at his disposal.

Well, there was the issue of that deflated ball...........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Gotta spread the hate around a 'lil bit!!! Tiger can't hog it all!

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Eldrick has had 3 Back surgeries, you can see how he walks after a swing on the course that he is in discomfort. I have had 3 back surgeries and I cannot play more than two days in a row and I swing nothing like Eldrick. I can't imagine what his back goes through when he swings.

Navy Seals workouts, HGH, steroids abuse along with the injuries that his body has undergone through the years.

Eldrick is finished, kaput, done.

Not to mention the pounding his back took servicing all those IHOP waitresses.........

I forgot about that

It was Perkins. Perkins! Get it right. No need to defame IHOP.

Edit to thread headline:

"Should Title Be: 'Greatest Comeback Ever?' or 'Complete Surrender, Worst Choke in History?'"

Guess it work in either sense TW or Falcons, ha! TW is still in the 4th quarter so to speak, and I'm sure plenty will have oodles to say about that... but, that loss was just unacceptable and an absolute travesty, wow. I think Falcons fans may have the Democrats beat on who was more shocked/devastated by each's respective outcome!!

#NotMySuperBowlWinner

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Brady is great - no doubt. But Atlanta blew that game

Atlanta didn't blow it, New England is just a better team.

NE was the better team... but Atlanta absolutely blew that game.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Brady is great - no doubt. But Atlanta blew that game

Atlanta didn't blow it, New England is just a better team.

The better team usually wins......but i'm a cowboys fan......I'm an expert on blown games and how to identify them.

Said like a man that's never played 4 back-to-back rounds of tournament golf.