2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WebTour on The Grint (Updated: 3/14/17)

Your par 3's look a whole lot more fun than ours. Fore can enjoy his time on the black tee's :black eye: I'll be up on the blue

scorecard.jpg

Yowzers!! 243?!253?! Those are 3 woods for me. I hope that's not all carry.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your par 3's look a whole lot more fun than ours. Fore can enjoy his time on the black tee's :black eye: I'll be up on the blue

11 is the only one with carry. It is a great course especially for a Muni and the future home of ASU golf. Great for us residents to have a good course we can walk for ~$50 in the winter while everything else good in Scottsdale is $100-250. Our one big complaint is the par 3's are ridiculous AVG of 229 from tips and 201 from the blues is way too much. In tournaments they do use different yardages but it sucks for everyday play. Seems like they did that as an easy way to get it over 7200 yards.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

11 is the only one with carry. It is a great course especially for a Muni and the future home of ASU golf. Great for us residents to have a good course we can walk for ~$50 in the winter while everything else good in Scottsdale is $100-250. Our one big complaint is the par 3's are ridiculous AVG of 229 from tips and 201 from the blues is way too much. In tournaments they do use different yardages but it sucks for everyday play. Seems like they did that as an easy way to get it over 7200 yards.

Yes, those beastly distances (to me) for par 3's. I like courses where you hit different clubs on the par 3 (IE they are all different distances). You would think that if they wanted the extra yardage they could've made a couple of the par 5s longer. Albeit I don't know the landscape and layout of the course.

You guys have fun - we just got 4" or so of snow so no golf for a bit.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I didn't. I'm quiting golf for a bit. I've lost anything remotely resembling a swing

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

I didn't. I'm quiting golf for a bit. I've lost anything remotely resembling a swing

I know the feeling, played my first round Monday in 14 weeks, shot worst round in almost 3 years. :(

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

I know the feeling, played my first round Monday in 14 weeks, shot worst round in almost 3 years. :(

It's getting really bad and I need to get it sorted out soon. I'm so out of sync with everything but the putter. I've totally forgotten what a decent swing sequence is supposed to be. I had one ok stretch 9-12 where i slapped it around good enough for -1 but i think the rest of the round was like 15 over i stopped counting on like 5. I picked up on one of the par 5s hence not posting for grint tour. If it wasn't fore's bday round i would have picked up on one and gone home. Terrible warm up that carried in to the round.

I'll take a week off hit the range with a former mini tour guy i play with a lot and see if we can sort it out. I was planning on getting with my instructor a bunch late March-July to prep for Scotland in August. It's not cheap so i didn't want to have to go see him this soon

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

I feel like I was late to a meeting.

How many rounds do we submit per month?

Do we submit rounds for "March" up until March 31? And if so, are we supposed to start before March 1st?(Realizing we're just trying to work out the kinks right now)

What happens if we can't finish a round? For example, I get injured, or the wife calls and says she ran out of gas in a bad part of town and has been calling and calling and calling for an hour and she's wearing down my battery so I won't make it through 18 on my battery anyway. ugh

It appears the standings are based on points derived from your rank in "net score", "gross score", "Avg. Putts"? Is this calculating by average ranking of the three categories?

The Grint rules state if playing alone, mark your rounds as practice. (USGA rule) I often play alone, and track those rounds on the Grint to keep an accurate handicap for myself...are those rounds not aloud in this?

Is there a prize like an "Atta boy" or "Atta girl"(this ain't Augusta) each month?

I am stoked for this btw.

How many rounds do we submit per month? - I believe up to 4 accepted.

Do we submit rounds for "March" up until March 31? And if so, are we supposed to start before March 1st?(Realizing we're just trying to work out the kinks right now) - Starts Mar 1

What happens if we can't finish a round? For example, I get injured, or the wife calls and says she ran out of gas in a bad part of town and has been calling and calling and calling for an hour and she's wearing down my battery so I won't make it through 18 on my battery anyway. ugh - good point of discussion

It appears the standings are based on points derived from your rank in "net score", "gross score", "Avg. Putts"? Is this calculating by average ranking of the three categories? - the Grint automatically does this, Papa J knows tomorrow specifically

The Grint rules state if playing alone, mark your rounds as practice. (USGA rule) I often play alone, and track those rounds on the Grint to keep an accurate handicap for myself...are those rounds not aloud in this? - yes, just please use integrity

Is there a prize like an "Atta boy" or "Atta girl"(this ain't Augusta) each month? - atta boy

How many rounds do we submit per month?

Do we submit rounds for "March" up until March 31? And if so, are we supposed to start before March 1st?(Realizing we're just trying to work out the kinks right now)

What happens if we can't finish a round? For example, I get injured, or the wife calls and says she ran out of gas in a bad part of town and has been calling and calling and calling for an hour and she's wearing down my battery so I won't make it through 18 on my battery anyway. ugh

It appears the standings are based on points derived from your rank in "net score", "gross score", "Avg. Putts"? Is this calculating by average ranking of the three categories?

The Grint rules state if playing alone, mark your rounds as practice. (USGA rule) I often play alone, and track those rounds on the Grint to keep an accurate handicap for myself...are those rounds not aloud in this?

Is there a prize like an "Atta boy" or "Atta girl"(this ain't Augusta) each month?

2 rounds a month

If you can't finish a round I'm sorry but it will not count.

I don't really care when you post march round as it's testing. Deadline is the 31st though and after that you will no longer be able to post for that event. In the future I will not post events until the day before or day of the 1st of the month.

While we may use those point systems, as of now, we are going to be adding 8 best scores for each person and lowest wins. Again may change a tad but overall it's for fun haha. You will get an atta boy/girl

Play to the best of your ability to the rules of golf. I'll leave it at that and you do with it as you wish.

Glad you're excited. I am too

Forever Changing at this point.......

I saw there was a message posted by the chairman, but on my phone, when I click the notification, it just comes up blank and doesn't load anything. (Actually, looking at it, not one "message" from the Chairman appears. Just a blank screen).

Android

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

I saw there was a message posted by the chairman, but on my phone, when I click the notification, it just comes up blank and doesn't load anything. (Actually, looking at it, not one "message" from the Chairman appears. Just a blank screen.

--kC

This id what it says on my computer:

Ok guys good luck and thanks for joining. Looking forward to this and hopefully this month we will run smoothly and need little change

Papa....is there an updated list of all the wrx members for the grint? Wanna make sure my "friends" are either friends or wrx'ers.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart