2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

I haven't been following the thread so apologies....so they sent you guys your clubs afterwards? What did you guys use for your round when you played in SD?

I actually was panicking a bit at lugging my clubs through airports in the soft-shell case we were given at the Callaway trip. I stole probably 10 towels from the hotel room and packed that thing until it was a giant marshmellow.

I have my first outdoor round in Montreal tomorrow! Woohooo

They told us to bring our gamers, so we used those and our new drivers that they built for us in the Tour Department. We've received some of our new clubs and are waiting on the rest.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been following the thread so apologies....so they sent you guys your clubs afterwards? What did you guys use for your round when you played in SD?

I actually was panicking a bit at lugging my clubs through airports in the soft-shell case we were given at the Callaway trip. I stole probably 10 towels from the hotel room and packed that thing until it was a giant marshmellow.

They told us to bring our gamers, so we used those and our new drivers that they built for us in the Tour Department. We've received some of our new clubs and are waiting on the rest.

Ah ok i see, well hopefully you guys get them in time for the season!

We had some guys too who needed to be sent after the fact. As some clubs and shafts were not in stock.

I was fit into the most boring setup in the history of WRX trips so i got mine right away LOL

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Quit rubbing it in, Jeff!!! The freaking rain really put us all behind the 8 ball. We didn't get fit for the rest of the bag until after we got home because of the monsoon in SD while we were there. Still waiting on some of our sticks as a result. Sunny California was anything but while we were there.

As for the soft-side travel case, I should tell you that mine came back to me in Richmond in pieces. It wasn't on the baggage claim when we arrived. I went to make a claim at the airport and a baggage handler walked up to Mae at the desk holding my unzipped travel bag in one hand, my stand bag in the other, with all of my clubs - including my brand new Tour dept. M1 and all of my Kingdom goodies - distributed between them. Apparently my bag got searched at check in and security failed to put everything back together. Panic does not describe the feeling I had at the sight on my clubs at that moment.

How is the feel on the Steelfibers, George? I'm really thinking I should have gone that route. I've been dealing with left elbow, forearm and wrist pain for months now. I assumed that it was the x-stiff shafts I was playing in the irons, but even with the stiff flex my left forearm starts tightening up. No chance of playing 2 days in a row.

Muted and stable is how I would describe them. I like them, but the modus 105 feel is something that I miss.

Interesting. I've always thought that it would make sense to play down a flex in the graphites, as they always feel a bit stouter to flex than their steel counterparts. I feel the opposite about the Modus 105s. I think I would definitely go x- flex in those shafts. Has that been your experience as well?

Yeah, I would say they play like a +. Some will argue they don't, but when we put them on the cpm they were flexing like an R+. I played the 105s straight in stiff and the modus 125 soft stepped once. I was fit into the steel fibers not for any dampening effects, but rather a lightweight package that maintains stability. They offer everything a steel option would but with more dampening elements. If you prefer the raw feedback of steel, then you may not like the move into graphite iron shafts. I for one do miss the intrinsic raw feel of quality steel.

@therealping

Quit rubbing it in, Jeff!!! The freaking rain really put us all behind the 8 ball. We didn't get fit for the rest of the bag until after we got home because of the monsoon in SD while we were there. Still waiting on some of our sticks as a result. Sunny California was anything but while we were there.

As for the soft-side travel case, I should tell you that mine came back to me in Richmond in pieces. It wasn't on the baggage claim when we arrived. I went to make a claim at the airport and a baggage handler walked up to Mae at the desk holding my unzipped travel bag in one hand, my stand bag in the other, with all of my clubs - including my brand new Tour dept. M1 and all of my Kingdom goodies - distributed between them. Apparently my bag got searched at check in and security failed to put everything back together. Panic does not describe the feeling I had at the sight on my clubs at that moment.

Yeah that's why i was panicking!!!! LOL

I've traveled with my hard shell enough, and after only a few trips it looked like it was attacked with a machete by Danny Trejo. There was like half inch deep gashes in it. So a full bag of fresh goodies in a soft shell? I was worried the whole way home. They must've billed Callaway like 500$ for all the towels i stole

I don't trust airport baggage to move a sponge without breaking it.

Hopefully your stuff turned out oK!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Oh boy!! Look what just showed up!! 54SB and 58LB with Tour Issued s400s and Tour velvet chord +3 wraps.

Good thing you kept the plastic on , to keep the glare down. ;)

The 58* LB is money! That thing works great in every lie!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Heading to Reynold's Plantation tomorrow. My daughter has a full bag Kingdom fitting there on Wednesday. Anything special we should know or prepare for?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Heading to Reynold's Plantation tomorrow. My daughter has a full bag Kingdom fitting there on Wednesday. Anything special we should know or prepare for?

Pray for no rain!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Have fun! It was really an amazing experience. Even though the rain really threw us a curveball, the trip is something I'll never forget.

As for preparation, I would suggest that your daughter really focus on making consistent swings. At her level of play, I am sure that this won't be as difficult for her as it was for me. These fitters have seen the best in the business, so no point in trying to impress them. Her job, and theirs, is to find the best fit for her, and that can only be accomplished if she stays within herself and swings "her swing."

I'd also suggest that she not hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. She knows her swing and her tendencies. if something is not matching her expectation - say she is inexplicably missing right when her miss is usually left - she should be interactive in the fitting process to make sure the fitter knows that she might not ordinarily need that draw biased head or shaft. If she is jacked up (like I was) and hitting her 6 iron 20 yards further than normal (like I was) she should tell them. Point is, be interactive, ask questions, and be real and open with the fitter if something is out of the ordinary or doesn't match what she typically sees or likes. These guys are GREAT fitters, but they are her clubs.

Soak it all in. The day will absolutely FLY by. Take a minute to breathe, enjoy the scenery, take lots of pictures, ask lots of questions and listen to the answers and the stories that are told. In a year or two, all the clubs will likely be replaced (hopefully with newer TM products), but the memories will last a lifetime for you and for her. Have a freaking blast with it!!

Have fun! It was really an amazing experience. Even though the rain really threw us a curveball, the trip is something I'll never forget.

As for preparation, I would suggest that your daughter really focus on making consistent swings. At her level of play, I am sure that this won't be as difficult for her as it was for me. These fitters have seen the best in the business, so no point in trying to impress them. Her job, and theirs, is to find the best fit for her, and that can only be accomplished if she stays within herself and swings "her swing."

I'd also suggest that she not hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. She knows her swing and her tendencies. if something is not matching her expectation - say she is inexplicably missing right when her miss is usually left - she should be interactive in the fitting process to make sure the fitter knows that she might not ordinarily need that draw biased head or shaft. If she is jacked up (like I was) and hitting her 6 iron 20 yards further than normal (like I was) she should tell them. Point is, be interactive, ask questions, and be real and open with the fitter if something is out of the ordinary or doesn't match what she typically sees or likes. These guys are GREAT fitters, but they are her clubs.

Soak it all in. The day will absolutely FLY by. Take a minute to breathe, enjoy the scenery, take lots of pictures, ask lots of questions and listen to the answers and the stories that are told. In a year or two, all the clubs will likely be replaced (hopefully with newer TM products), but the memories will last a lifetime for you and for her. Have a freaking blast with it!!

Excellent advice! In order for fittings to meet any preconceived expectation, the swing must be in compliance. It's difficult to fit amateurs due to lack of consistency with a repetitive and reliable swing.

Owning your swing is something very few golfers can honestly say they've done.

@therealping

This goes without saying, but I'd also suggest a good warm up - especially if you are travelling long distances to get there. If I made one BIG mistake on the TM trip, it was that I showed up at the Kingdom not having swung a club since I stepped off the airplane (after a 3 AM wakeup call and roughly 12 hours of flight/layover/cab time). I stepped right into the fitting stall and made my first "warm up" swings under the fitter's eye. My body ACHED for the first dozen swings or so and I never truly found my swing before the "real bullets" started to fly. As a result, I was still searching for my swing during the fitting.

If you are traveling, and it is possible, I'd take a few minutes after arriving at the facility to get a real stretch in and some good warm up swings - just like you would for a tournament. If you arrive the day before, spend some time on a walk or run just to get the blood flowing and to break up the stiffness that will build up in a car/plane. Heck, hit the range the day before if you can. I was stupid and hit up In-n-Out burger instead of the range. The burger was darn good, but my body didn't thank me for it the next day.

Of course, youth is usually a heckuva cure for travel stiffness/soreness. I'm 43 and far from the athlete I once was. I needed to be smarter with my prep and warmup.

We had some guys too who needed to be sent after the fact. As some clubs and shafts were not in stock.

I was fit into the most boring setup in the history of WRX trips so i got mine right away LOL

Your's actually weren't built in the Tour Department, they walked down to Dicks and grabbed them off the rack.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

This goes without saying, but I'd also suggest a good warm up - especially if you are travelling long distances to get there. If I made one BIG mistake on the TM trip, it was that I showed up at the Kingdom not having swung a club since I stepped off the airplane (after a 3 AM wakeup call and roughly 12 hours of flight/layover/cab time). I stepped right into the fitting stall and made my first "warm up" swings under the fitter's eye. My body ACHED for the first dozen swings or so and I never truly found my swing before the "real bullets" started to fly. As a result, I was still searching for my swing during the fitting.

If you are traveling, and it is possible, I'd take a few minutes after arriving at the facility to get a real stretch in and some good warm up swings - just like you would for a tournament. If you arrive the day before, spend some time on a walk or run just to get the blood flowing and to break up the stiffness that will build up in a car/plane. Heck, hit the range the day before if you can. I was stupid and hit up In-n-Out burger instead of the range. The burger was darn good, but my body didn't thank me for it the next day.

Of course, youth is usually a heckuva cure for travel stiffness/soreness. I'm 43 and far from the athlete I once was. I needed to be smarter with my prep and warmup.

We travel early tomorrow morning (from NJ) and play golf in the afternoon. Should be very relaxed. I scheduled her fitting for Wed which will be our second day, so she should be settled by then and ready to go.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

We travel early tomorrow morning (from NJ) and play golf in the afternoon. Should be very relaxed. I scheduled her fitting for Wed which will be our second day, so she should be settled by then and ready to go.

That's awesome! You guys will have a blast. The TM guys know what they are doing and will treat you very, very well. And, the clubs are phenomenal.

Your's actually weren't built in the Tour Department, they walked down to Dicks and grabbed them off the rack.

OMG! That hurt Coors light out the nose!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Dick's USA doesn't carry lefty equipment. All lies!!!!!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Great advice here Brian!

dpb, I don't know if your daughter is into equipment at all, but given that we're a bunch of gearheads in here, if she's at all interested in certain shafts or shaft/head combos, you both should state that at the outset and be sure to specifically ask to try them. I think one of the issues that arose in our experience at the Kingdom was that the guy who fit all of us for our drivers was perhaps too good at his job and steered most of the guys into only hitting one or two shafts at most, as he didn't really feel the need to see a whole lot more. Sometimes that works out, but for a lot of us, not even testing the other options we might be interested in can put a question mark on the experience and create an itch we may feel the need to scratch at a later date!

In summary, tell her to take ownership of the fitting. Trust the fitters to do their job, but she should know that her input is very valuable in the process!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Damn I really want a 54 and 58 in the new milled grind they look amazing!!!

They even play better then they look! Only complaint is they are way too shiny! They need to release them in Raw like everyone else does or at least Satin finish. The antique bronze should've been released at the same time as the chrome.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Hearing the Bronze is a no go...I hit the bronze and they are sweet.

Yes they are sweet! They had them at the kingdom, I don't understand why they didn't release them with the chrome? They said they won't be released until 4th quarter!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Yes they are sweet! They had them at the kingdom, I don't understand why they didn't release them with the chrome? They said they won't be released until 4th quarter!

Last I heard was June 1st release date on antique bronze. Did they push back the release date?

Last I heard was June 1st release date on antique bronze. Did they push back the release date?

Jory told me on twitter a couple days ago.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I actually preferred the chrome to the bronze and even the tour only raw version (though the raw would be cool to have). I figured that if glare becomes an issue I could always send the wedges to Continental Golf to be stripped.

I've been overwhelmed at work and have only been able to chip balls in my backyard, which is a mix of bermuda and fescue that actually presents a pretty good surface for chipping. The LB 58 seems like it is going to be a superstar. It was giving me consistent chips out of all sorts of lies and feels outstanding. I can't wait to get the thing out on the course.

I don't normally notice the glare off chrome wedges but I am more concerned with the grind on it. Are there any MG wedges that resemble the ATV grind?

Off topic but related, got my M1 460 and it is a BEAST! I need to cut it down a bit but damn... that thing is long and straight and feels perfect.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

I don't normally notice the glare off chrome wedges but I am more concerned with the grind on it. Are there any MG wedges that resemble the ATV grind?

Off topic but related, got my M1 460 and it is a BEAST! I need to cut it down a bit but damn... that thing is long and straight and feels perfect.

You know, they didn't do an ATV grind in this series, but I do think the LB shares some of the same characteristics, albeit they are not as noticeable/dramatic. I did notice some of the same lines in the heel relief on the LB. There is not as dramatic a leading edge grind on the LB, but it is 10* of bounce so help against diggin is present.

I personally loved the ATV grind and initial indications are that the LB is every bit as versatile. Stay tuned and I'll provide a more detailed review as soon as I can.

Oh, and I agree completely on the M1. I was tinkering with shafts for a bit after the trip, but returned the the shaft I was fit for and tinkered with the settings. I think in getting close to having it where it needs to be and it is a straight up cannon. The funny part is that the M1 3 wood nearly keeps up with it in terms of distance. It is SCARY long.

You know, they didn't do an ATV grind in this series, but I do think the LB shares some of the same characteristics, albeit they are not as noticeable/dramatic. I did notice some of the same lines in the heel relief on the LB. There is not as dramatic a leading edge grind on the LB, but it is 10* of bounce so help against diggin is present.

I personally loved the ATV grind and initial indications are that the LB is every bit as versatile. Stay tuned and I'll provide a more detailed review as soon as I can.

Oh, and I agree completely on the M1. I was tinkering with shafts for a bit after the trip, but returned the the shaft I was fit for and tinkered with the settings. I think in getting close to having it where it needs to be and it is a straight up cannon. The funny part is that the M1 3 wood nearly keeps up with it in terms of distance. It is SCARY long.

I'll have to take a look at the LB. I have a couple of the tour issue ATV wide soles and I find them even better - probably the best sole grind I've ever used. Can't wait to see your review.

My fitter had me in the MFS5 Black Tie but I didn't want to pay the upcharge so I got the HZRDUS Black that I know works for me. Still got the same mid piercing flight that keeps going. First time in a while I got a new new driver as opposed one that's a few seasons old. I also tinkered with another shaft but I think I'm going to stick with what works.

TM knows how to make woods, especially fws. Some of the longest 3 woods I've ever played have been TM - r7 TP, Jetspeed Tour Issue, RBZ Tour all crazy long with the r7 probably being the most playable. I've never been disappointed by a TM fairway but I'm finding this "MOAR LONGER DISTANCE!!!" trend in fws tiresome. I want a fairway to be good off many different lies, go a certain distance and fly how I want to see it. More often than not, it's the distance that end my fw experiments because they go too close to my driver.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)