2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

C'mon, Andrew!!!!! The rest of us got fitted days ago!!!

Feels like weeks ago! Maybe it was?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew's response:

That's pretty damn funny.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

Andrew's response:

That's pretty damn funny.

Go Noles!

Boy, our team was fun to watch earlier in the year. After we won 5 out of 6 against ranked teams we started to regress.

Teams figured out how to stop us--play zone and make us shoot it from the outside. We never could figure it out. Quite frankly, it was pathetic. There are three potentially first rounders on your team and you get blown out by 25?!?

That's gotta be coaching. And guess what FSU just did? They rewarded Coach Hamilton that night with a contract extension! He can recruit, but for the love of God, he is a terrible offensive mind.

And, we were the biggest team in the NCAA and we couldn't play better defense??? Ugh.

A huge disappointment but one I saw coming---poor shooting, terrible defense of the three ball, etc.

I know you live in Virginia--I was pulling for the Cavs to beat the Gators. Boy, do I hate UF. ? Sorry for their loss.

Now, I'm hoping for upsets for everyone--almost had two today in Louisville and Kentucky.

Looking forward to hearing about the clubs you guys ordered.

Drew, hurry up!!!

Well, the saga continues.

I was scheduled for my full bag fitting (minus driver and putter) at the TaylorMade Experience here in Las Vegas yesterday. I was warming up and started hitting shots on the GC2 launch monitor and about halfway through my warm up it stopped picking up shots. The fitter re-set it, and it picked up another shot, then stopped again. We tried that 3x, same result, so the fitting was cancelled. Their main GC2 was having a bulb replaced and was expected to be in today via UPS. I called this morning and now the expected arrival date is Thursday, which didn't work for me. I've been in to the TME fitting lab 3x now, once for driver, once for fw wood, and now for this fit, and while I was pleased with the fw fitting, the other two experiences weren't great, so I'm going elsewhere.

When I was looking into fitting options over the last two weeks, I got in touch with the guys at Club Champion in Santa Monica, and they've been very helpful. I was trying to get the fitting done ASAP so the other 4 guys in the group didn't have to wait on me (TM originally wanted all orders placed together), and CC didn't have openings last week or this week, so I booked the TME in town. Now that TME is out, I got in touch with Club Champion again and they gave me a nice deal on my fitting for next week. I'm scheduled for 3/30/17, so I'm hoping this will all get wrapped up nicely then!

The other guys' orders have been sent to TaylorMade though, so hopefully they'll be getting some clubs built soon!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

I was scheduled for my full bag fitting (minus driver and putter) at the TaylorMade Experience here in Las Vegas yesterday. I was warming up and started hitting shots on the GC2 launch monitor and about halfway through my warm up it stopped picking up shots. The fitter re-set it, and it picked up another shot, then stopped again. We tried that 3x, same result, so the fitting was cancelled. Their main GC2 was having a bulb replaced and was expected to be in today via UPS. I called this morning and now the expected arrival date is Thursday, which didn't work for me. I've been in to the TME fitting lab 3x now, once for driver, once for fw wood, and now for this fit, and while I was pleased with the fw fitting, the other two experiences weren't great, so I'm going elsewhere.

When I was looking into fitting options over the last two weeks, I got in touch with the guys at Club Champion in Santa Monica, and they've been very helpful. I was trying to get the fitting done ASAP so the other 4 guys in the group didn't have to wait on me (TM originally wanted all orders placed together), and CC didn't have openings last week or this week, so I booked the TME in town. Now that TME is out, I got in touch with Club Champion again and they gave me a nice deal on my fitting for next week. I'm scheduled for 3/30/17, so I'm hoping this will all get wrapped up nicely then!

The other guys' orders have been sent to TaylorMade though, so hopefully they'll be getting some clubs built soon!

Oh man!

That totally stinks for you. So sorry.

Thank you for the update.

Why not consider?

https://alohagolfcenter.net

@therealping

Why not consider?

lolol.

Why not consider?

Here's my experience with Aloha. Back when I was looking to get fit for a 3 wood (around October last year), I dropped by in-person to see what they were about. They've got a very nice setup with trackman, a hitting bay, and a little putting green. I spoke to one of the fitters to ask about the availability for 3w fitting options. I mentioned I wanted to hit several TaylorMade options, including the 3HL, M1 and M2, and compare them to some other OEMs. He said they would have to contact some local reps to get fitting cart items, as they didn't have anything. They stock titleist, mizuno, pxg, and some JDM stuff, maybe a few other minor items, but they didn't have what I was looking for. I gave them my number, and was told they would call me back later that day or the next to discuss options once they contacted the local reps. I never heard back from them. I called two weeks later and asked again, same issue. Never got back to me.

I have another friend here in town who has had very similar interactions with them and their customer service. He actually had them do some work on his clubs and while their work was good, the personal interactions were really poor.

I would LOVE to have a local fitter that really knows what they're doing, has OEM options to explore, and even decent customer service. I would support a place like that forever! I realize there is a lot of overhead to get something like that going, but where the last two components are concerned (OEM options and customer service), Aloha just isn't that place. I won't support a business that doesn't care to call me back on two separate occasions when I'm looking to give them my money.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Why not consider?

Here's my experience with Aloha. Back when I was looking to get fit for a 3 wood (around October last year), I dropped by in-person to see what they were about. They've got a very nice setup with trackman, a hitting bay, and a little putting green. I spoke to one of the fitters to ask about the availability for 3w fitting options. I mentioned I wanted to hit several TaylorMade options, including the 3HL, M1 and M2, and compare them to some other OEMs. He said they would have to contact some local reps to get fitting cart items, as they didn't have anything. They stock titleist, mizuno, pxg, and some JDM stuff, maybe a few other minor items, but they didn't have what I was looking for. I gave them my number, and was told they would call me back later that day or the next to discuss options once they contacted the local reps. I never heard back from them. I called two weeks later and asked again, same issue. Never got back to me.

I have another friend here in town who has had very similar interactions with them and their customer service. He actually had them do some work on his clubs and while their work was good, the personal interactions were really poor.

I would LOVE to have a local fitter that really knows what they're doing, has OEM options to explore, and even decent customer service. I would support a place like that forever! I realize there is a lot of overhead to get something like that going, but where the last two components are concerned (OEM options and customer service), Aloha just isn't that place. I won't support a business that doesn't care to call me back on two separate occasions when I'm looking to give them my money.

I couldn't have said it better myself Drew!

I would have thought Vegas would have better options for premium fittings. I was just fit yesterday, and am sick that I didn't do it sooner (4 years ago). Hope it works out man, I know the feeling of wanting the best and exact specs for your game. I was in Vegas last year and thought about getting fit at Aloha, sounds like it was a good thing that I waited.

@therealping

• 2 weeks later...

I got a notification from Fedex that I have a package arriving at my house on Thursday. The sender is listed as "TMAG, San Diego, CA"

You know what that means

:partytime2:

mangled boxes? Lol

gioguy21 had this happen. Ordered some P series irons and received them with the box half torn open missing a 7 and/or 8 iron. :swoon:

Looking forward to some pics Schnee!

I got a notification from Fedex that I have a package arriving at my house on Thursday. The sender is listed as "TMAG, San Diego, CA"

You know what that means

:partytime2:

mangled boxes? Lol

gioguy21 had this happen. Ordered some P series irons and received them with the box half torn open missing a 7 and/or 8 iron. :swoon:

Looking forward to some pics Schnee!

I had the same thing happen to a box from Callaway once. Tire tread on the box and a broken club inside. Hopefully, it's not what you guys receive.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Have you guys got your clubs yet?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

We are waiting very patiently!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

? Looking forward to seeing what you all got

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

? Looking forward to seeing what you all got

You and me both!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Golfsmith/galaxy around the corner from me had the 770's on the rack yesterday. Man, beautiful set of sticks.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine still haven't gotten here but I got my fix checking them out at our local GG

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

B8053CD6-3AF3-4C15-9F8C-499727D66A08.jpg

Well, today was an awesome day! My clubs showed up early! I got a notification from FedEx that my clubs had been delivered so I rushed home on my lunch hour to grab them. I wheeled up and saw a huge box on my front step, and felt like a kid on Christmas. The tracking info said the package weighed 6.7 pounds, but when I picked it up, it was definitely heavier!

I rushed inside quick and zipped that box open. Here's what was inside!

P770 4-7i, P750 8-PW with Project X PX6.5, +.5", MCC+4 built up to midsize

658505A4-E5FB-47E2-820E-4F219872938A.jpg

F17B43D8-65E8-44AB-9952-64DE07D53C74.jpg

A7C5BB8A-B7AF-4503-9522-E4B15F488784.jpg

D61C6E54-9BBF-492D-8420-AF30186091B9.jpg

M1 3w with Graphite Design AD-DI 7X, M1 5w with Graphite Design AD-DI 7x, also with MCC+4 built up to midsize.

6535C25F-7E37-4A21-A343-2EAD06D9E873.jpg

A864FD50-CD39-4BEA-9FC0-9F1CB7D8DF8F.jpg

86ED1ED5-6B34-48B4-AC31-8C3F01C82648.jpg

5AF0253D-7890-46F4-A7A5-C9C88D18E58B.jpg

97117F1A-AD0B-43ED-91B2-6940E45FB9BE.jpg

I had to go back to work, but was able to dip out early and head to the range!

First impressions:

Irons:The appearance on these babies is outstanding. Some have remarked that the topline of the 770's is a bit chunky for their taste, but honestly I don't see it. Granted, I'm coming from MP-25's, so these are comparable or even slimmer. The 750 are an excellent MB styling/size. I'm glad that I went with 770 in the long irons for the extra forgiveness. I think that I split the combo set in exactly the right place as these mesh seamlessly.

The shafts are lovely. I was fit into PX 6.5 at Club Champion as my first choice but went with C Taper 130X (my second best) as I got a deal on them. The PX feel much smoother to me and fit my swing well.

I would say these feel softer than my MP25 and more pleasing. The forgiveness is just fine throughout the set. The long irons are really going to be a winner. They feel like cheating.

I went with .5" over standard to improve my posture a touch. Immediately they feel much more comfortable at address. I'll have to assess the lie angles after a few rounds (may need to go a touch flatter) but as of right now they're money.

I was hitting into a stiff breeze so I can't comment too much on distance, but I was able to flight these nicely and didn't have any spin problems. They seemed to fly higher than my MP25 but that's likely due to the shaft change. Some people have said that they needed to bend their 750's stronger to match the 770s, but until I have some course time or a trackman session I'll leave everything as is and dial it in.

Woods : I think I've found the holy grail. I've not yet owned a club with a DI in it, but I think I've found the perfect shaft profile for me. I love it so much I may grab one for my driver in a 6x. After warming up with my current wedges, then the P750/770, I pulled out 5w. Typically I don't carry a 5w or a hybrid, and opt for a 3i or a driving iron because I struggle with being a little steep. My swing has improved a lot over the past year so I went with a 5w because I thought it would fill the gap well and I typically hate hybrids.

I hit a bunch off the deck with the 5w and it was great! Nice high trajectory without too much spin. I felt like with the DI-7X I got out of it whatever I put into it. What I mean is this: If I went after it, it stayed stable and smooth and rewarded me with a nice flight. If I didn't quite get all of it, it was still passable and much better than my previous misses with fairway woods.

The 3w was exactly the same story. Stable, smooth, and a fun club to hit!. I messed around a touch with the weight on both but I'll probably leave it toward the middle for now. I didn't mess with the lofts yet as the standard setting was doing just fine. 3w off the deck is a hard shot, it just is. But with this combo I feel much more confident doing it. This will be a great tee club as well.

It's interesting, the 3w has a similar feel to my driver, with a little bit of a higher pitched, yet still muted sound. The 5w has much more of a low thwack to it.

I've still got a putter and wedges coming at some point, but I'm ecstatic with what I received today. One other guy from the trip got something today but he'll be posting in the coming days about it. I'm so pumped to get out there and play. In a way, it's better to get all these clubs at different times because its a great surprise every time! I'll keep you guys updated with how the clubs perform in the coming weeks.

60A756A6-C867-4C1E-A78C-BE0479CF7BDA_2.jpg

Clubs are nice, but I want to know where you got the In-n-Out headcover!!!!

Ask Jory :smilie_tm: ;)

You can get them on their website and I think there only like $20.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Brian should show everyone what he got today?!

I just laughed out load typing that!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Solid Chris! Make sure to skip work tomorrow and play before the Masters!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70