2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those wedges look nice, hope you guys get all your stuff soon. Almost season time!

Always season time in Vegas! Haha.

Nobody likes a bragger! ;)

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Tried the wedges out yesterday, granted it was our first really warm sunny day yet this year but the glare was ridiculous. Like to the point I don't understand how someone didn't catch that during development. Good performance though.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy about the glare! They perform great from any lie. I love them but I won't be gaming them because of the glare.

I'm in exactly the same situation, I've taken mine out of play simply because of the excessive glare.

Tried the wedges out yesterday, granted it was our first really warm sunny day yet this year but the glare was ridiculous. Like to the point I don't understand how someone didn't catch that during development. Good performance though.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy about the glare! They perform great from any lie. I love them but I won't be gaming them because of the glare.

I'm in exactly the same situation, I've taken mine out of play simply because of the excessive glare.

I would have thought they'd stick to something similar to how the TP and EF wedges looked since they were so popular. Looks like I'll be waiting for the bronze ones or a tour raw one if I can get my hands on one.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

I would have thought they'd stick to something similar to how the TP and EF wedges looked since they were so popular. Looks like I'll be waiting for the bronze ones or a tour raw one if I can get my hands on one.

Unfortunately the bronze don't get released until the 4th quarter! Raw would be awesome!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Unfortunately the bronze don't get released until the 4th quarter! Raw would be awesome!

The whole situation is really too bad. I've played TM wedges for a long time, but I went with black SM6s this year and stripped the finish. I can't do shiny chrome on wedges. Had the bronze MG finish come out right away, I would have most likely gone with those. Maybe next year.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Good thing I have a few TPs stored then for when my gamers wear out.

I'm fine with a chromed wedge but dull it up. It can't be hard to run all of them through a media tumbler. I'll never understand the purpose of keeping a bright finish on a club whose face basically points at the player.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

How is the LB grind's turf interaction when playing square? I'm one of those people who needs the effective bounce on square shots because I can get steep, but then also likes heel relief and versatility around the greens. Never really got on with the wider sole style like the Vokey K-grind, but the 2014 ATV worked decently well.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Would love to contribute something to this thread as it relates to irons and wedges.....

So far I have the driver (received during trip) and my fairways. I'm struggling a bit with the driver, but I'm not giving up on it yet.

As for my HL M1 3 wood, I swapped out the 8X Diamana for an Aldila Tour Blue 7X. I like the higher flight a bit better. I'm not yet sold on the fw either but I'm close I think.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

How is the LB grind's turf interaction when playing square? I'm one of those people who needs the effective bounce on square shots because I can get steep, but then also likes heel relief and versatility around the greens. Never really got on with the wider sole style like the Vokey K-grind, but the 2014 ATV worked decently well.

Turf interaction feels great to me! I have the LB in 60* and I'm a fan. Very similar to the M grind from Vokey

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

I take really shallow too no divots, so for me they are the best all around wedges for me. I have the 54 and 58 in LB and haven't laid the sod over the ball once. I know a couple times I hit behind the ball and the little bounce it has was enough that I didn't get penalized at all. If I would've had more bounce I probably would have bladed it across the green. Like I've said over and over the performance is second to none!

But....

@TM if your reading this again don't shoot me but the glare is outrageous!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Would love to contribute something to this thread as it relates to irons and wedges.....

So far I have the driver (received during trip) and my fairways. I'm struggling a bit with the driver, but I'm not giving up on it yet.

As for my HL M1 3 wood, I swapped out the 8X Diamana for an Aldila Tour Blue 7X. I like the higher flight a bit better. I'm not yet sold on the fw either but I'm close I think.

Your presence is good enough. :)

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Your presence is good enough. :)

One thing Darrin isn't short on is contributions. He'd never give you the shaft ;)

You should be able to take them to someone who can glass media blast the heads and it should reduce them down to a satin finish, I think.

You think?? That sounds convincing!

Won't the blasting smooth down the edges on the grooves?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

You think?? That sounds convincing!

Won't the blasting smooth down the edges on the grooves?

I'm not sure, I've never had it done before.

Damn, you got all the answers! Drew was right about you! ;)

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I take really shallow too no divots, so for me they are the best all around wedges for me. I have the 54 and 58 in LB and haven't laid the sod over the ball once. I know a couple times I hit behind the ball and the little bounce it has was enough that I didn't get penalized at all. If I would've had more bounce I probably would have bladed it across the green. Like I've said over and over the performance is second to none!

But....

@TM if your reading this again don't shoot me but the glare is outrageous!

I don't get the chrome thing either. I don't really know why MFR's do it. I love my Apex Pros that i got from Callaway but the glare is really strong on those too. I took my 8 iron out of the bag the other day and it almost blinded me. I haven't used chrome irons in a long time and some days it can really be challenging

Wedges i find it's even worse since you are often staring at more club. Thankfully i was able to get a black lob wedge

I gotta say again though the TM wedges do look really slick in the pictures

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

TM probably did not want you to wait for all of your clubs so they shipped what they had. Could be the 7 and 8 heads are on back order. Or even the 2 shafts for those clubs. Each piece of the club is a separate component and missing 1 grip can hold up an order. The 750 heads just came off backorder yesterday, so I would guess 1 week or so for the rest of your irons.

Probably true, in which case I am certainly appreciative that they sent what they could!

Our contact at TaylorMade got in touch with us today to track everything down for us and make sure we got our orders. I ended up getting my 7 and 8 iron today (:)) , but he informed me that the 750 PW head is on backorder until May 5th, so I'll have to wait just a bit longer for the set to be complete! Regardless, it's nice having almost all of my clubs so that I can begin testing and figuring out gaps etc. I'm really looking forward to dialing in these irons and wedges!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Well, I'm thankful to have received the 770 irons and MG wedges today. Unfortunately, the iron specs for length were wrong, so they needed to be sent back for correction. Super bummed, but I will say they look great and I can't wait to play them when they come back. The wedges (sw and lw) look great, really nice setup positions. Hope to get out to the range today and play tomorrow.

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I woke up to this today!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Thanks to TM for the great surprise I received today! I hope to get out today with it!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

My wedge got a little makeover. Whaddya think?

Looks good! You do it your self?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Thanks to TM for the great surprise I received today! I hope to get out today with it!

That's so awesome! I hear good things about that shaft. Have you had a chance to hit it yet?

Got out yesterday for nine , hit two to three balls off every hole I could use driver on. 6 tee shots with the driver for about 18 swings with the TP. The weather was not nice 50* with 20+ mph cross wind on most holes. The TP is lower launch and tighter dispersion compared to the BB. More to come on Wednesday 65* and I have league. 70's Friday!!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Quick review on the MG wedges - I ordered the 54° and 58° Std bounce with Modus 130 stiff shafts. Lie: 1 flat and std length.

After my first round out, I must say they are REALLY nice. I managed a one under 71 (from the white tees), which I was quite happy with, given I'm spraying the M2 driver way more than I'd prefer. Need to sort out the driver. The wedges have a great setup position aesthetic with the head not being too small or too big. I immediately liked the shape and setup. The feel with the modus 130 shafts is also spot on. Very smooth yet responsive. I have no concerns so far over the trajectory, although I need to work on flighting my wedges lower. The wedges produce plenty of spin and I really liked the SB turf interaction for chips and pitches around the green.

My only complaint......as others have pointed out - the glare. I was lucky to play on an over-cast day, but did get some sun for about 30mins. The glare off these wedges could be challenging. I think they will need a good buffing with the dremel, as recommended by a fine gentleman.

The dremel and Board Sponsor, Continental Golf, are your "anti-glare" friends! of course, you could just do the same color paintfill as mine and live with the glare. One wouldn't want to dull a shiny piece of "Tiffany" jewelry.

I don't even remember how to play golf it has been so long since I have been out. My new clubs are screaming for attention!! Big work project due tomorrow, so fingers crossed for 18 on Friday!!!