#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

Yup, hitting off real dirt is the only way to pick the right grinds. I liked the 2014 ATV grind a lot from the sand, but not off grass for some reason, of course, didn't know that until I bought it, haha.

I haven't gamed a TM wedge since the RAC days! I loved those!

The OG RAC Fe2O3 wedges were money. I had a whole set of those. I'm really liking the TP wedges, though. The ATV wide sole grind is amazing for me.

I need to find a 47* like yours, that was another line where I really loved the shape at address.

You should. The 47 is, hands down, amazing. Perfect shape, spin, sole, everything, easy to hit a variety of shots with, and feels really good. The only issue I have with it is that it's hard to find a backup. :lol: I think the EF series was actually a step backwards. The feel and look aren't nearly as nice IMO as the TP.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, don't let them bother you. There will always be jealous haters and they will never change. My group which is one of the earliest Kingdom groups, had few of those negative comments. I just ignored them as bitter guys that hides behind their monitors.

Can't make everyone happy anyway.

No matter how the article was written there's always going to be a herd of people that have to be negative for the sake of being negative.

These are the same people the ripped Titleist when they had a group bring their 915's and fit them into the new 917's. All you heard was they should have had people that didn't have a Titleist driver. Classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don't

Don't get too discouraged; I think every trip has those kind of detractors, our's certainly did.

All you can do is be honest and objective, which you are.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words from each of you! Just to clarify, I'm not discouraged or phased at all by the comments and complaints. Truthfully, I was amused by the interpretations of the article and results from guys who weren't there vs. our actual experience. It's interesting to me to see the disconnect between the two.

Similarly, I had to laugh when GolfWRX posted a link to the article on Twitter with the headline about us gaining an average of 7 yards. Within a few hours, Callaway's social media guy Chad Coleman re-posted the GolfWRX headline about members gaining 11 yards on their trip from back in December! LOL

Now, Chad seems like a great guy, and obviously is just doing his job, so by no means am I taking a dig at him or Callaway. However, it struck me as funny to see how "black and white" these things can be taken, when in reality it's incredibly fluid. I'm a pretty consistent amateur player, and I've been through 4 driver fittings now in the last 2 months. The numbers and recommendations were different on every single fitting! (though an M driver won on two out of the 4 fittings, Epic won 1, SLDR won another)

I have to assume this effect is going to be exponentially greater with the higher handicap golfer, so again, it's just amusing to me to see so many people form pretty poor conclusions about their equipment choices based on the experiences of others. Confirmation bias I suppose, and certainly a case of "you can't please everyone."

From our experience at The Kingdom, the thing that stuck out to me was that several guys weren't 100% sure about the fitting results on Monday, as they weren't swinging their best. However, once we got on the course Tuesday, it seemed like everyone was extremely happy with what driver combo they were put into. Yes, there were a few tweaks made, but the ballstriking I saw Tuesday was clearly better than what I saw Monday! Those results are better than any headline in my book, and speak to the importance of one thing: GET FIT, and get fit by someone who knows what they are doing!

To sum things up, here's what I know: every OEM makes good equipment these days. However, not all of them will be good for ME and my game. Where driver is concerned, I'm confident in saying that TaylorMade is the best choice for me - your mileage may vary, so don't guess! Go get fit.

Happy golfing everyone, regardless of what you put in your bag!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Completely agree, Drew, thanks for posting that. There's no one perfect driver or driver set up for everyone, or even for a subgroup of players, people need to try things for themselves to really know. I mean, as a great example, you're a high swing speed, + handicap, and you're using a D-Type. :) But seriously, but most good players here tend to always looking for that "anti-left" club.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Agreed, don't let them bother you. There will always be jealous haters and they will never change. My group which is one of the earliest Kingdom groups, had few of those negative comments. I just ignored them as bitter guys that hides behind their monitors.

No matter how the article was written there's always going to be a herd of people that have to be negative for the sake of being negative.

These are the same people the ripped Titleist when they had a group bring their 915's and fit them into the new 917's. All you heard was they should have had people that didn't have a Titleist driver. Classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don't

Don't get too discouraged; I think every trip has those kind of detractors, our's certainly did.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words from each of you! Just to clarify, I'm not discouraged or phased at all by the comments and complaints. Truthfully, I was amused by the interpretations of the article and results from guys who weren't there vs. our actual experience. It's interesting to me to see the disconnect between the two.

Similarly, I had to laugh when GolfWRX posted a link to the article on Twitter with the headline about us gaining an average of 7 yards. Within a few hours, Callaway's social media guy Chad Coleman re-posted the GolfWRX headline about members gaining 11 yards on their trip from back in December! LOL

Now, Chad seems like a great guy, and obviously is just doing his job, so by no means am I taking a dig at him or Callaway. However, it struck me as funny to see how "black and white" these things can be taken, when in reality it's incredibly fluid. I'm a pretty consistent amateur player, and I've been through 4 driver fittings now in the last 2 months. The numbers and recommendations were different on every single fitting! (though an M driver won on two out of the 4 fittings, Epic won 1, SLDR won another)

I have to assume this effect is going to be exponentially greater with the higher handicap golfer, so again, it's just amusing to me to see so many people form pretty poor conclusions about their equipment choices based on the experiences of others. Confirmation bias I suppose, and certainly a case of "you can't please everyone."

From our experience at The Kingdom, the thing that stuck out to me was that several guys weren't 100% sure about the fitting results on Monday, as they weren't swinging their best. However, once we got on the course Tuesday, it seemed like everyone was extremely happy with what driver combo they were put into. Yes, there were a few tweaks made, but the ballstriking I saw Tuesday was clearly better than what I saw Monday! Those results are better than any headline in my book, and speak to the importance of one thing: GET FIT, and get fit by someone who knows what they are doing!

To sum things up, here's what I know: every OEM makes good equipment these days. However, not all of them will be good for ME and my game. Where driver is concerned, I'm confident in saying that TaylorMade is the best choice for me - your mileage may vary, so don't guess! Go get fit.

Couldnt agree more!!! I had an amazing time on the Callaway trip, probably just as good a time as you had on the Taylormade trip. As cool as the club fitting and seeing all the gear was, what made the trip great was the people. The WRX'rs and the Callaway people, they made the memories that I will keep. The top companies all make outstanding equipment if properly fit, there are gains for everyone out there. My take away from the trip was that it was so much fun to be around people that are as excited about golf as I am.

So are you saying GolfWRX'ers are better players when they're hung over?????

Doing some serious sole searching right now!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Curious if any of you know if DJ uses the counter weight in his SS Gt pistol 1.0 on his spider Putter?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

OK, HAT GIVEAWAY NUMERO DOS!!!!! ATTENTION MY LARGE HEADED WRXs (XL Size hat...)

I wanted to offer a swag share opportunity to the GolfWRX guys. Sorry, but this will be for Domestic US ONLY guys, as I will be shipping the prizes myself. Sorry to the non US contingent. I will ship out to the first guy that posts the correct answer to the question below. I will do my best to ship quickly (I know we are all eager beavers here).

I have one "M" hat remaining. I grabbed it while at the Kingdom and it's up for giveaway. The hat size is LARGE-XL, so you might want to have a large size noggin to fit into it. It is a sweet New Era 39THIRTY "M" hat (grey and black), full circle fitted style.

Ok, so here goes the question (BE VERY SPECIFIC WITH YOUR ANSWERS):

Provide the full descriptions of the following TaylorMade acronyms:

ICT -

MWT -

FCT -

CGB -

AGSI -

XFT -

RAC -

ASP -

ATV -

Bonus question (you don't need to get this one) - what does BBLB stand for?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I know! I know!!! :tongue:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

ICT - inverted cone tech

MWT - movable weight tech

FCT - flight control tech

CGB - Center of Gravity Back

AGSI - anti skid groove system insert

XFT - exchangeable face tech

RAC - relative amplitude coefficient

ASP - adjustable sole plate

ATV - all terrain versatility

Bonus question (you don't need to get this one) - what does BBLB stand for? big but long ball

Order has been placed! Can't wait to get the new sticks, and can't wait to post pics and details when they arrive!

Don't leave us hanging... What did you come out ordering?

WITB 2017
TM M1 '17 Tensei Blue X
TM M2 15* KK X
TM M3 3Hy Tensei Blue S
TM P770 PX 6.0 5-PW Z grips
Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
TM Spider Tour DJ
TM TP5 pix

ICT -

MWT -

FCT -

CGB -

AGSI -

XFT -

RAC -

ASP -

ATV -

You said be specific, so I'll go into detail:

ICT: inverted cone technology, variation of thickness of the face in irons and woods to allow for increased ball speeds across the face

MWT: movable weight technology, allows control of ballflight and other factors via. interchangeable weights, featured on metalwoods and putters

FCT: flight control technology, allows adjustment of loft and face angle using an adjustable hosel on woods

CGB: center of gravity back, positions weight low and rearward to increase forgiveness and launch

AGSI: anti-skid groove system insert, reduces skidding on putts and encourages a more even roll

XFT: exchangeable face technology, allows replacement of worn out wedge faces

RAC: relative amplitude coefficient, channels energy into specific areas on impact to improve feel in irons

ASP: adjustable sole plate, sets face angle on drivers, allows loft adjustment independent of face angle

ATV: all terrain versatility, sole grind on wedges designed to handle a variety of turf conditions

BBLB: big but long ball (I think), printed on R9 superdeep driver

I think all those are right haha

So are you saying GolfWRX'ers are better players when they're hung over?????

Psssh. Real WRX'ers don't get hungover.

Well said Schnee! haha

Dave, truth be told, 20% of the crew went to bed early Monday night! Pair that with the fact that 80% of the crew came from cold climates, and 100% of the crew didn't do so well in front of cameras and you can probably see why Tuesday was a better day for most of us :rofl:

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Can't wait to see what you all ordered for the full bag - amazed at TM's service and care of you guys. I got a dozen of the TP5x to test, and can't wait to try them. They might even be too low spinning for me LOL. The new Ms feel great, and I like the P750s and 770s but WOW what a price.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Leroy...

All imma say.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Order has been placed! Can't wait to get the new sticks, and can't wait to post pics and details when they arrive!

I'm going to let the suspense linger for a while . . . .

I'll say this, though. My fitting experiences the last couple of days have shown me just how excited I was about the Kingdom experience. It was truly the "dream golf trip" for me, and it has become very apparent how utterly amped up I was during the fitting there. To put it in perspective, yesterday I was consistently 92-93 with a six iron during my iron fitting. I went again today, and was consistently 89-90 (which shows how "golf fatigue" affects this old man's body after taking roughly 200 swings yesterday). At the Kingdom, I was 94-96 mph with a 6 iron!! That is PURE ADRENALINE pumping for me! I've never played competitive golf, and never experienced "tournament nerves," as it were. All I can say in hindsight is that I cannot imagine trying to control the ball under the stress of a major championship knowing now what a little bit of nervous excitement can do to swing speed! I now understand a bit better why I wasn't putting as good a swing on the ball at the Kingdom as I normally do - I was amped out of my freaking mind!!

As much as I wanted to go through the full bag fitting at the Kingdom, it might be better that I didn't since I'm not sure I could have given the fitters an accurate showing of what swing I normally present on the course. I had my "Kingdom fitted" driver in the bag at Aviara, and hit it very well during that round. I played again this weekend, and did not hit it nearly as well in my usual "home course/casual round" surroundings. If I am being honest, I am anxious to see if it actually fits the "normal" me, or if I got the benefit of an adrenaline rush during my driver fitting, too!

The other thing I will say is that I am really excited about my putter order. I went to the Kingdom NEEDING a Spider Tour black (the DJ model). It just looks like I should be able to make putts with it. And, I was supremely disappointed when it wasn't the model that worked best for me (I ended up in a TP Berwick). The last couple of days, I have been trying to talk myself into the Spider, though. It was the one club I really had pre-ordained for myself before the trip, and I was seriously considering getting one despite the results of the fitting. Well, today, I put those thoughts away. I spent a good hour tinkering with the Spider and the Berwick on the greens and the Berwick was the clear winner. The funny think is that the results were IDENTICAL to what was happening at the Kingdom. There, I was missing left with the Spider consistently. Today, I was trying to counteract the miss by aiming right, AND I WAS STILL MISSING LEFT!!!! I tried every length and option I could find in the Spider, tried every manner of stroke adjustment I could think of, and the miss was always consistent. I grabbed the Berwick after many frustrating misses with the Spider and immediately started holing putts. Contact was cleaner, roll was better, results were better.

So, for a sneak preview, I will divulge that I ordered a 35" TP Berwick (2* flat, 2* strong) with a Black Winn AVS Mid Size Pistol (the stock grip on Spider Tour Black). I have a couple of cosmetic/paintfill modifications I am excited to make, and I think this thing will be pretty awesome in the bag!!!

More to come. I promise!

Body Builders Layout Book

Block-Based Load Balancing

Big Brother's Little Brother

Bale Berga La Bida

Big Bad Leroy Brown

Any of those close? :lol:

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

ICT - inverted cone tech

Bonus question (you don't need to get this one) - what does BBLB stand for? big but long ball

Ding Ding Ding! Good stuff! Please PM me your name and address and I'll get the hat shipped out to you ASAP. Cheers! D

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

ICT -

MWT -

FCT -

CGB -

AGSI -

XFT -

RAC -

ASP -

ATV -

You said be specific, so I'll go into detail:

ICT: inverted cone technology, variation of thickness of the face in irons and woods to allow for increased ball speeds across the face

MWT: movable weight technology, allows control of ballflight and other factors via. interchangeable weights, featured on metalwoods and putters

FCT: flight control technology, allows adjustment of loft and face angle using an adjustable hosel on woods

CGB: center of gravity back, positions weight low and rearward to increase forgiveness and launch

AGSI: anti-skid groove system insert, reduces skidding on putts and encourages a more even roll

XFT: exchangeable face technology, allows replacement of worn out wedge faces

RAC: relative amplitude coefficient, channels energy into specific areas on impact to improve feel in irons

ASP: adjustable sole plate, sets face angle on drivers, allows loft adjustment independent of face angle

ATV: all terrain versatility, sole grind on wedges designed to handle a variety of turf conditions

BBLB: big but long ball (I think), printed on R9 superdeep driver

I think all those are right haha

A for effort buddy, just not fast enough. If I come across some more goodies, I will try and hook you up with something for taking the time to write all that out! Thank you, D

I'll say this, though. My fitting experiences the last couple of days have shown me just how excited I was about the Kingdom experience. It was truly the "dream golf trip" for me, and it has become very apparent how utterly amped up I was during the fitting there. To put it in perspective, yesterday I was consistently 92-93 with a six iron during my iron fitting. I went again today, and was consistently 89-90 (which shows how "golf fatigue" affects this old man's body after taking roughly 200 swings yesterday). At the Kingdom, I was 94-96 mph with a 6 iron!! That is PURE ADRENALINE pumping for me! I've never played competitive golf, and never experienced "tournament nerves," as it were. All I can say in hindsight is that I cannot imagine trying to control the ball under the stress of a major championship knowing now what a little bit of nervous excitement can do to swing speed! I now understand a bit better why I wasn't putting as good a swing on the ball at the Kingdom as I normally do - I was amped out of my freaking mind!!

As much as I wanted to go through the full bag fitting at the Kingdom, it might be better that I didn't since I'm not sure I could have given the fitters an accurate showing of what swing I normally present on the course. I had my "Kingdom fitted" driver in the bag at Aviara, and hit it very well during that round. I played again this weekend, and did not hit it nearly as well in my usual "home course/casual round" surroundings. If I am being honest, I am anxious to see if it actually fits the "normal" me, or if I got the benefit of an adrenaline rush during my driver fitting, too!

The other thing I will say is that I am really excited about my putter order. I went to the Kingdom NEEDING a Spider Tour black (the DJ model). It just looks like I should be able to make putts with it. And, I was supremely disappointed when it wasn't the model that worked best for me (I ended up in a TP Berwick). The last couple of days, I have been trying to talk myself into the Spider, though. It was the one club I really had pre-ordained for myself before the trip, and I was seriously considering getting one despite the results of the fitting. Well, today, I put those thoughts away. I spent a good hour tinkering with the Spider and the Berwick on the greens and the Berwick was the clear winner. The funny think is that the results were IDENTICAL to what was happening at the Kingdom. There, I was missing left with the Spider consistently. Today, I was trying to counteract the miss by aiming right, AND I WAS STILL MISSING LEFT!!!! I tried every length and option I could find in the Spider, tried every manner of stroke adjustment I could think of, and the miss was always consistent. I grabbed the Berwick after many frustrating misses with the Spider and immediately started holing putts. Contact was cleaner, roll was better, results were better.

So, for a sneak preview, I will divulge that I ordered a 35" TP Berwick (2* flat, 2* strong) with a Black Winn AVS Mid Size Pistol (the stock grip on Spider Tour Black). I have a couple of cosmetic/paintfill modifications I am excited to make, and I think this thing will be pretty awesome in the bag!!!

More to come. I promise!

what do you mean by 2 strong, loft? 1.5 loft, wow. If that's the case, that would never work for my game.

ICT - inverted cone tech

Ding Ding Ding! Good stuff! Please PM me your name and address and I'll get the hat shipped out to you ASAP. Cheers! D

Thank you so much! I appreciate giving us the chance to be a small part of this great trip. Your messages seem to be full it wouldnt let me send

More to come. I promise!

what do you mean by 2 strong, loft? 1.5 loft, wow. If that's the case, that would never work for my game.

Yes. I add loft at impact so the ball doesn't get rolling as quickly as we would like. IIRC, the Berwick has 4* of loft. I'm taking it down to 2*.

ICT - inverted cone tech

Thank you so much! I appreciate giving us the chance to be a small part of this great trip. Your messages seem to be full it wouldnt let me send

PM me. I'll get your info to Darrin.