Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

Tiger winning the 2018 TC was a wonderful achievement because it did indeed include most of the best players in world golf despite it being a small 30 man field - but I can also be honest enough to acknowledge many of those players were running on fumes with many having one eye on the upcoming Ryder Cup.

And there it is...THE EXCUSE.

Well many of us don't have excuses. Most of us simply stated that if Tiger was healthy enough to play, he would be competitive and win again against todays 'deep and machine like fields'. He did...NO EXCUSES.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer you cool. Why do you constantly have to explain your posts ? Could it be the split tongue Nature in which they are written ?

As a tiger fan surely you have hopes for 2019 ? No ?

bladehunter:

“Split tongue nature”

–––––––––––

You are clearly projecting your own nature & insecurities my friend. You do know it is possible to be a big fan of a player while still being able to objectively critique, be relatively impartial with rational honesty in ones analysis?

Is this really a foreign concept to you?

Ps: Having to “correct” someone’s false/made-up comments about what I’ve meant to have said despite my words being there for you in black & white clearly stating otherwise… is an indictment on the OTHER person - you can pick what that poison is.

Pps: Having to “explain” such basics like “The opposite of fear is intimidation.” being fundamentally incorrect. This is again an indictment on the OTHER person - again, you can pick what that poison is.

Ppps: I’ve already gave my predictions for Tiger in 2019, my “hope” is he stays fit & healthy and proves me wrong on the majors.

Tiger winning the 2018 TC was a wonderful achievement because it did indeed include most of the best players in world golf despite it being a small 30 man field - but I can also be honest enough to acknowledge many of those players were running on fumes with many having one eye on the upcoming Ryder Cup.

Well many of us don't have excuses. Most of us simply stated that if Tiger was healthy enough to play, he would be competitive and win again against todays 'deep and machine like fields'. He did...NO EXCUSES.

That’s NOT an excuse… YOU’RE MAKING THAT CONNECTION. The reality is he beat EVERY player fair and square regardless of numbers, form and physical state of players etc… that’s ALL TW can / could do. My comments on many players “running on fumes / one eye on the Ryder Cup” is a reality acknowledged by many of those tour players over the years - remember, even Tiger himself pointed to him running on empty/fumes just days later after his poor performance in the Ryder Cup. It’s a known factor/reality that’s part & parcel of a very hectic end of year.

That’s NOT an excuse… YOU’RE MAKING THAT CONNECTION. The reality is he beat EVERY player fair and square regardless of numbers, form and physical state of players etc… that’s ALL TW can / could do. My comments on many players “running on fumes / one eye on the Ryder Cup” is a reality acknowledged by many of those tour players over the years - remember, even Tiger himself pointed to him running on empty/fumes just days later after his poor performance in the Ryder Cup. It’s a known factor/reality that’s part & parcel of a very hectic end of year.

You're kidding me right? I'm making that connection? You honestly believe anyone would read what you wrote and NOT 'make that connection'?

There was only one player at the Ryder Cup that looked completely exhausted and burnt out and I'm betting that's because his body is still not strong enough to keep up with his mental strength and determination. Determination, just one of your missing variables ;-)

No idea how we reach this point but, anyway, imho Jon Rahm was more intimidated by TW (who wouldn't be, also because that guy was still an amateur when DJ won the US Open) and his strategy not to look at him paid off, so never look at the guy again from now on :D I was on the 17th grandstand and his birdie was fantastic!

I agree 100%. But to disregard what the guy said about himself is just foolish , or dare i say it , irrational.

( not aimed at you )

You mean talking about Rahm-golf?

To answer you cool. Why do you constantly have to explain your posts ? Could it be the split tongue Nature in which they are written ?

bladehunter:

“Split tongue nature”

–––––––––––

You are clearly projecting your own nature & insecurities my friend. You do know it is possible to be a big fan of a player while still being able to objectively critique, be relatively impartial with rational honesty in ones analysis?

Ps: Having to “correct” someone’s false/made-up comments about what I’ve meant to have said despite my words being there for you in black & white clearly stating otherwise… is an indictment on the OTHER person - you can pick what that poison is.

Pps: Having to “explain” such basics like “The opposite of fear is intimidation.” being fundamentally incorrect. This is again an indictment on the OTHER person - again, you can pick what that poison is.

Ppps: I’ve already gave my predictions for Tiger in 2019, my “hope” is he stays fit & healthy and proves me wrong on the majors.

I read that to say “ he will not win a major “ correct or incorrect ?

Am I the only one who has trouble finishing his backhanded compliments ?

He asks “ don’t you read what I say “. Truthfully. It’s hard to. The mind shuts off after 2-3 falsehoods or misdirections.

Have you been in the business so long that you cannot articulate a thought without a hook ? As in why do you provide a statement and then an excuse why that statement isn’t genuine . Say something plainly. Then stand pat. Not this ,

“ I hope that tiger stays healthy and proves me wrong in the majors “. Implying that you somewhere previously stated that he wouldn’t win a major in 2019. Which I’m sure you did. That’s not a prediction. Or projection or clear thought. That’s a hedged bet , veiled attempt to be able to be correct no matter what happens. s*** or get off the pot man.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sorry, one last question. What does 'prove me wrong' mean? That you were right but he overcame the obstacles and the odds? Or that your assessment was wrong to begin with? Just curious.

You're kidding me right? I'm making that connection? You honestly believe anyone would read what you wrote and NOT 'make that connection'?

There was only one player at the Ryder Cup that looked completely exhausted and burnt out and I'm betting that's because his body is still not strong enough to keep up with his mental strength and determination. Determination, just one of your missing variables ;-)

Tiger is one of the fittest players on tour, virtually all the top players today are professional highly trained athletes and golfers are still only playing GOLF. The most taxing part for these extremely well trained athletes (with Tiger being one of the fittest physically on tour) is actually the mental fatigue. If Tiger was as he/you claim “exhausted” & “burnt out” then it was more mental than anything. If Tiger is as strong mentally as many claim, and with golf being known to be “95% mental” then if he couldn’t push on mentally then this goes to the “mental issues” myself and many more impartial, respected minds in the golfing world have regularly touched on. You can’t have it both ways ;)

Tiger is one of the fittest players on tour, virtually all the top players today are professional highly trained athletes and golfers are still only playing GOLF. The most taxing part for these extremely well trained athletes (with Tiger being one of the fittest physically on tour) is actually the mental fatigue. If Tiger was as he/you claim “exhausted” & “burnt out” then it was more mental than anything. If Tiger is as strong mentally as many claim, and with golf being known to be “95% mental” then if he couldn’t push on mentally then this goes to the “mental issues” myself and many more impartial, respected minds in the golfing world have regularly touched on. You can’t have it both ways ;)

No. Tiger himself said that it was his body that gave out and that he didn't train and prepare to play the amount of golf he ended up playing. This was his first full year back and getting into shape for a full season when you haven't really played a proper full season in years is not an easy task. He was out of 'golf' shape.

“It was just a cumulative effect of the entire season. I was tired because I hadn’t trained for it. I hadn’t trained this entire comeback to play this much golf and on top of that deal with the heat and the fatigue and the loss of weight.”

To be clear, when I’ve highlighted the multiple examples of Tiger displaying clear mental issues, I clearly framed it as an observation that for Tiger to win he’d have to overcome these mental issues and other issues in order to win… and I was right on this too when seeing his performance at TC.

To your first point, I agree on the general premise that two people on the internet arguing who’s right / wrong about Tiger’s mental issues isn’t “scientific” or “definitive” proof… but then I’ve never stated that it was… but what I did bring to the table (outside of the multiple “mental issues” examples that you’re too lazy to look up and try to explain away) is a relatively unbiased starting perspective (meaning not pro-me or pro-you) into this debate from a person who’s one of the most respected and knowledgeable golf journalists in the world despite being known as a big pro-Tiger champion… and Jamie Diaz’s insights (with all his pro-Tiger championing) was still honest and insightful enough to admit Tiger had “mental issues”.

Let me guess… Diaz is suddenly “biased” too?

lol

Of course Diaz is biased. He's a human being. You claim to be knowledgeable of psychology but you don't know this? We're all biased, by default. And we're imperfect.

When you go to the doctor with an injury, they examine all of the available evidence and give you an opinion on what's wrong and how to best treat it. That's why when you choose to see another doctor they call it a "second opinion". Because most of us understand (the doctors included), that they can't give you a perfectly accurate answer, even looking at all of the evidence and being highly trained in their field.

But we're supposed to take your and Diaz' psychoanalysis of Tiger's mental state as gold (as you watch on television as someone who's probably never played in a Tour event)? Did you sit down with Tiger for a therapy session that I'm not aware of?

Diaz is giving his opinion. That's what he's paid to do. If you asked him whether that meant what he's saying is true, he'd probably say "Well I think it's true, but it's just my opinion. And I'm a human being who makes mistakes and I've been wrong before. Should you take what I'm saying as 100% fact? Of course not."

You post people's opinions and you act like this is supposed to be convincing. It's not. At all. That's why I don't pay it any attention.

I could post hundreds of quotes from "authoritative" famous, knowledgeable golf journalists, teachers, and players saying great things about Tiger and how he's an extremely mentally strong player. But I'm not going to do that because I understand that that doesn't carry any weight.

As long as you understand that when you make claims like "Tiger has mental issues" you're just stating your opinion. It's not fact. And you do nothing to prove it as fact.

A lot of times it sounds like you actually think your opinions and the opinions of Diaz or whoever else are fact.

A fact is that Tiger won the TC. That's not my opinion.

straightshot7

“Of course Diaz is biased. He's a human being. You claim to be knowledgeable of psychology but you don't know this?”

––––––––––––––

No wonder you’re chasing your tail of denial… You’re clearly not understanding even the basic content / points of my previous post. I’ll specifically highlight were you’ve gone wrong…

I clearly stated bringing Jamie Diaz in to our conversation is a “relatively unbiased starting perspective (meaning not pro-me or pro-you)”. Put another way for you, this means Diaz doesn’t have a bias specifically to ME or YOU personally as he doesn’t know either of us or this conversation we’re both having. I hope you can at least agree on this undeniable fact - still with me?

Then I went on to explain that Diaz DOES have a BIAS to the PLAYER in question in our discussion because Diaz is a well known “big pro-Tiger champion” (fyi… that’s a bias). To put it another way, this means if anything Diaz actually comes down on YOUR “pro” side of Tiger NOT having any mental issues if it was a questionable 50-50 issue.

BUT… and a big DAMNING but for you because despite Diaz’s known bias being a “big pro-Tiger champion” , Diaz was still able to be impartial and honest enough to tell things as they are by openly admitting Tiger DOES have (and I quote Diaz here)… clear “mental issues”.

For your own good, and the good of future conversations, please please read my and others posts more carefully before replying. That would be much appreciated.

And remember, while everyone has an opinion not all opinions are weighted or respected equally. The weight and huge respect behind Diaz’s insight and opinion (especially as he’s a known “big pro-Tiger champion”) is even more damning for your clearly biased position in this discussion. FYI… Diaz also thinks Tiger is one of the mentally strongest players in golf, but that still DIDN’T negate the reality myself, Diaz and other respected golf journalists saw Tiger having clear “mental issues”.

Lets be honest here, your ego is now so caught up in your weakening position that you have no respectable way of back-tracking even if you wanted to. Being impartial and fair-minded like Diaz and other respected golf journalists have been on this topic, this option for you has all but now disappeared due to the degree your ego has become attached. But thankfully and with foresight I introduced Diaz earlier precisely because of this dynamic I could see happening and precisely because Diaz is one of the most highly respected minds in world golf bringing a level of impartiality and unique perspective despite Diaz’s known pro-Tiger bias.

Sorry, just calling it as it is my friend.

Ego? Sorry, but I think you're projecting on that one. I've already admitted Tiger faced the same mental challenges he always faces as professional golfer. What you haven't proved is that he had some abnormal "mental issues" that were preventing him from winning.

This will be my last post to you since I'm just saying the same thing over and over but you're clearly not comprehending it.

I don't care how unbiased or accurate you think Jamie Diaz' opinion of Tiger's mental state is.

Try to understand this: one man's (or even ten men's) opinion of another man's mental state, based on nothing but outside observation is proof of nothing.

You obviously have no experience in debate, science, medicine, logic or any activity where people attempt to determine actual facts. If you did you would know that a person's opinions based on (distant) observation are considered highly unreliable. If that's the only support you have for your argument, you have a very weak argument.

Can you really not see how "Jamie Diaz said it!" is a really weak argument?

Here are some links I think will help:

http://mrbehm.weebly...on_evidence.pdf

https://www.bmcc.cun...andopinions.pdf

On a more personal note, I see you now trying to psychoanalyze people on this board. Saying that one person is "projecting their own insecurities" and that my "ego is now so caught up", etc. It doesn't bother me at all since I know it's not true. I don't know why you feel the need to go for these personal attacks. BUT, I hope for your sake they are limited to your Internet life.

I knew a guy in real life who has a PHD in Psychology and he considers himself to be very smart. He's was a friend of my dad's. He now has zero friends. Because anytime there's any disagreement, he has never been wrong, about anything. He found himself somehow being the odd man out and always accusing everyone else of having issues. I wonder how many friends he has to lose for him to finally look in the mirror and think he might be the problem and the common denominator in all of it.

I have a lot of real, good friends in real life. One reason I think is because I often admit when I make mistakes and I try to be a better friend going forward. Although I may argue and stick to my guns on the Internet, I try to be a lot kinder and gentler in real life. And hope the same is true for you.

I aplaud the above statements with a standing ovation.

Cool. Wev All tried to be civil here. And I think compared to the knee jerk things we want to say , have been.

Just like the above I’m pretty quick to admit wrong when it’s obvious to me. And I know I’m also pretty head strong if I think I’m correct. But you sir bring a new level of obtuse to the conversation. In fact I don’t even know what we are arguing about. Or maybe yet again i do and it still baffles me that it’s a contested point. I’m convinced this is either a game for you between patients, or a thesis demonstration for a human studies class , where you state one thing and the best demonstrate the opposite and record the reaction. . Have you noticed that support has dwindled to zero ? Even the tiger hate bregade can’t follow the personality disorders anymore.

Any thoughts ?

I say this with genuine concern for you. This has to lead to a breaking point somewhere. No ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

bladehunter:

"Split tongue nature"

–––––––––––

Ps: Having to "correct" someone's false/made-up comments about what I've meant to have said despite my words being there for you in black & white clearly stating otherwise… is an indictment on the OTHER person - you can pick what that poison is.

Pps: Having to "explain" such basics like "The opposite of fear is intimidation." being fundamentally incorrect. This is again an indictment on the OTHER person - again, you can pick what that poison is.

Ppps: I've already gave my predictions for Tiger in 2019, my "hope" is he stays fit & healthy and proves me wrong on the majors.

I read that to say " he will not win a major " correct or incorrect ?

Am I the only one who has trouble finishing his backhanded compliments ?

He asks " don't you read what I say ". Truthfully. It's hard to. The mind shuts off after 2-3 falsehoods or misdirections.

Have you been in the business so long that you cannot articulate a thought without a hook ? As in why do you provide a statement and then an excuse why that statement isn't genuine . Say something plainly. Then stand pat. Not this ,

" I hope that tiger stays healthy and proves me wrong in the majors ". Implying that you somewhere previously stated that he wouldn't win a major in 2019. Which I'm sure you did. That's not a prediction. Or projection or clear thought. That's a hedged bet , veiled attempt to be able to be correct no matter what happens. s*** or get off the pot man.

bladehunter

“That’s not a prediction. Or projection or clear thought. That’s a hedged bet , veiled attempt to be able to be correct no matter what happens. s*** or get off the pot man.”

––––––––––

Talk about you failing to understand simple context of what I’ve already written… laughably you’re getting so uptight for me simply giving my “thoughts” for Tiger in 2019 after dciccoritti earlier asked for my “thoughts on Tiger in 2019”. This is precisely the level of behaviour when (and I’m quoting you here now) I’m “talking to my 10 year old” - again YOUR PROJECTION is displayed in full view to this forum once again.

FYI, just a few posts above (if you cared to look / read) here’s what I previously wrote responding to dciccoritti’s request…

dciccoritti

“Curious to hear your thoughts on Tiger 2019.”

––––––––––

Cool Runnings

“As for Tiger in 2019, like I’ve already posted before (but will post again)… I think the jury is still out somewhat on Tiger mentally under pressure, was his TC win and the displayed mental fortitude that week the exception or the rule? That’ll be revealed next year. I do think if Tiger can get an early win in 2019 that will ease the pressure valve for him and could set him up for a multiple winning year if his trajectory of ability continues on from what we saw at the 2018 TC… but right now I think winning any of the majors in 2019 will still be out of his reach as they’re full fielded events with all players having their main seasonal focus to peak in those 4 events.

I will know more when I see him in a few full fielded events again next year.”

––––––––––––

As you can see… In a reasonable and polite way I gave my “thoughts” / response to what dciccoritti ASKED FOR. If you can’t be bothered or are incapable of reading what I’ve previously written just a few posts above, perhaps it’s best you not try asking me any follow up questions on a discussion you know zero about.

The level of self-made hysteria, confusion and projection coming for some of you now is getting comical. I’m asking you kindly to turn it down a notch or cease responding to my posts if you can’t rationally handle and respond to what is being posted. Thanks.

Sorry, one last question. What does 'prove me wrong' mean? That you were right but he overcame the obstacles and the odds? Or that your assessment was wrong to begin with? Just curious.

Sure thing… the short answer is both. The “obstacles and odds” were and are still stacked against him. And if he is able to win a major next year then I’ll happily admit my “assessment was wrong” especially as I’m a big Tiger fan (regardless of what some want to think), in this instance I couldn’t be happier in being so “wrong”.

Sure thing… the short answer is both. The “obstacles and odds” were and are still stacked against him. And if he is able to win a major next year then I’ll happily admit my “assessment was wrong” especially as I’m a big Tiger fan (regardless of what some want to think), in this instance I couldn’t be happier in being so “wrong”.

You say Major. Just to clarify, were all your arguments and assessments based on him winning a major or just winning in general?

Why hasn’t this thread been nominated for thread of the day ? Easily has the largest tiger fan ,

Maybe the largest amount of words to replace a single sentence ever. And a politicians guide to talking points with back door exits for later could be lifted from its pages.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

To be clear, when I’ve highlighted the multiple examples of Tiger displaying clear mental issues, I clearly framed it as an observation that for Tiger to win he’d have to overcome these mental issues and other issues in order to win… and I was right on this too when seeing his performance at TC.

To your first point, I agree on the general premise that two people on the internet arguing who’s right / wrong about Tiger’s mental issues isn’t “scientific” or “definitive” proof… but then I’ve never stated that it was… but what I did bring to the table (outside of the multiple “mental issues” examples that you’re too lazy to look up and try to explain away) is a relatively unbiased starting perspective (meaning not pro-me or pro-you) into this debate from a person who’s one of the most respected and knowledgeable golf journalists in the world despite being known as a big pro-Tiger champion… and Jamie Diaz’s insights (with all his pro-Tiger championing) was still honest and insightful enough to admit Tiger had “mental issues”.

Let me guess… Diaz is suddenly “biased” too?

lol

Of course Diaz is biased. He's a human being. You claim to be knowledgeable of psychology but you don't know this? We're all biased, by default. And we're imperfect.

When you go to the doctor with an injury, they examine all of the available evidence and give you an opinion on what's wrong and how to best treat it. That's why when you choose to see another doctor they call it a "second opinion". Because most of us understand (the doctors included), that they can't give you a perfectly accurate answer, even looking at all of the evidence and being highly trained in their field.

But we're supposed to take your and Diaz' psychoanalysis of Tiger's mental state as gold (as you watch on television as someone who's probably never played in a Tour event)? Did you sit down with Tiger for a therapy session that I'm not aware of?

Diaz is giving his opinion. That's what he's paid to do. If you asked him whether that meant what he's saying is true, he'd probably say "Well I think it's true, but it's just my opinion. And I'm a human being who makes mistakes and I've been wrong before. Should you take what I'm saying as 100% fact? Of course not."

You post people's opinions and you act like this is supposed to be convincing. It's not. At all. That's why I don't pay it any attention.

I could post hundreds of quotes from "authoritative" famous, knowledgeable golf journalists, teachers, and players saying great things about Tiger and how he's an extremely mentally strong player. But I'm not going to do that because I understand that that doesn't carry any weight.

As long as you understand that when you make claims like "Tiger has mental issues" you're just stating your opinion. It's not fact. And you do nothing to prove it as fact.

A lot of times it sounds like you actually think your opinions and the opinions of Diaz or whoever else are fact.

A fact is that Tiger won the TC. That's not my opinion.

straightshot7

“Of course Diaz is biased. He's a human being. You claim to be knowledgeable of psychology but you don't know this?”

––––––––––––––

No wonder you’re chasing your tail of denial… You’re clearly not understanding even the basic content / points of my previous post. I’ll specifically highlight were you’ve gone wrong…

I clearly stated bringing Jamie Diaz in to our conversation is a “relatively unbiased starting perspective (meaning not pro-me or pro-you)”. Put another way for you, this means Diaz doesn’t have a bias specifically to ME or YOU personally as he doesn’t know either of us or this conversation we’re both having. I hope you can at least agree on this undeniable fact - still with me?

Then I went on to explain that Diaz DOES have a BIAS to the PLAYER in question in our discussion because Diaz is a well known “big pro-Tiger champion” (fyi… that’s a bias). To put it another way, this means if anything Diaz actually comes down on YOUR “pro” side of Tiger NOT having any mental issues if it was a questionable 50-50 issue.

BUT… and a big DAMNING but for you because despite Diaz’s known bias being a “big pro-Tiger champion” , Diaz was still able to be impartial and honest enough to tell things as they are by openly admitting Tiger DOES have (and I quote Diaz here)… clear “mental issues”.

For your own good, and the good of future conversations, please please read my and others posts more carefully before replying. That would be much appreciated.

And remember, while everyone has an opinion not all opinions are weighted or respected equally. The weight and huge respect behind Diaz’s insight and opinion (especially as he’s a known “big pro-Tiger champion”) is even more damning for your clearly biased position in this discussion. FYI… Diaz also thinks Tiger is one of the mentally strongest players in golf, but that still DIDN’T negate the reality myself, Diaz and other respected golf journalists saw Tiger having clear “mental issues”.

Lets be honest here, your ego is now so caught up in your weakening position that you have no respectable way of back-tracking even if you wanted to. Being impartial and fair-minded like Diaz and other respected golf journalists have been on this topic, this option for you has all but now disappeared due to the degree your ego has become attached. But thankfully and with foresight I introduced Diaz earlier precisely because of this dynamic I could see happening and precisely because Diaz is one of the most highly respected minds in world golf bringing a level of impartiality and unique perspective despite Diaz’s known pro-Tiger bias.

Sorry, just calling it as it is my friend.

Ego? Sorry, but I think you're projecting on that one. I've already admitted Tiger faced the same mental challenges he always faces as professional golfer. What you haven't proved is that he had some abnormal "mental issues" that were preventing him from winning.

This will be my last post to you since I'm just saying the same thing over and over but you're clearly not comprehending it.

I don't care how unbiased or accurate you think Jamie Diaz' opinion of Tiger's mental state is.

Try to understand this: one man's (or even ten men's) opinion of another man's mental state, based on nothing but outside observation is proof of nothing.

You obviously have no experience in debate, science, medicine, logic or any activity where people attempt to determine actual facts. If you did you would know that a person's opinions based on (distant) observation are considered highly unreliable. If that's the only support you have for your argument, you have a very weak argument.

Can you really not see how "Jamie Diaz said it!" is a really weak argument?

Here are some links I think will help:

http://mrbehm.weebly...on_evidence.pdf

https://www.bmcc.cun...andopinions.pdf

On a more personal note, I see you now trying to psychoanalyze people on this board. Saying that one person is "projecting their own insecurities" and that my "ego is now so caught up", etc. It doesn't bother me at all since I know it's not true. I don't know why you feel the need to go for these personal attacks. BUT, I hope for your sake they are limited to your Internet life.

I knew a guy in real life who has a PHD in Psychology and he considers himself to be very smart. He's was a friend of my dad's. He now has zero friends. Because anytime there's any disagreement, he has never been wrong, about anything. He found himself somehow being the odd man out and always accusing everyone else of having issues. I wonder how many friends he has to lose for him to finally look in the mirror and think he might be the problem and the common denominator in all of it.

I have a lot of real, good friends in real life. One reason I think is because I often admit when I make mistakes and I try to be a better friend going forward. Although I may argue and stick to my guns on the Internet, I try to be a lot kinder and gentler in real life. And hope the same is true for you.

Actually (and again I’ll correct you on some simple facts)… me stating “projecting their own insecurities” was an OBSERVATIONAL RESPONSE based on experience in this field and to the “personal attacks” to ME that happened FIRST. He’s what I was responding to…

bladehunter to CR:

“Split tongue nature”

–––––––––––––––

Why should I have to take this BS from a few that that simply can’t handle some of the truths, facts and realities I’ve politely highlighted and gave insightful & credible opinions on.

Last point on “opinions”… if my wife gives her opinion on Tiger Wood’s “mental issues” that is 1 “opinion” equal numerically to that 1 “opinion” from Jamie Diaz… BUT here’s where your argument on this point also falls down… not all opinions are weighted equally due to each person’s expertise, knowledge, experience, insight etc. Jamie Diaz is one of the most respected and knowledgeable Golf journalists in world golf for a reason and with access to the players, coaches and other great golfing minds at his finger tips… my wife (bless her) can’t compete on this level of insight, knowledge and credibility. Still with me?

And I’ve never said Diaz’s “opinion” is a “scientific” or “lab” tested proof… you only go to these extremes because you hold an extremist view by its very definition. Taking such an extremist position to cover for a shaky original position only highlights the weakness of your entire argument.

Oh, I see you’ve quickly washed over the key point of my previous post about you NOT understanding what I’ve already explained on “bias”. Funny how that happens.

Thanks for the closing and moving story with your friend. I also hope you’re not like this is real life. In saying all that, I’ve still enjoyed our tennis match… 2019 will reveal everything soon my friend.

C.R. + Basic -

You guys ever locked horns like this before?

Just goofing around ; )

It’s entertaining, keep it going!

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Many people post positive or negative opinions regarding TW, or about most anything here on GWRX. We all are entitled. It's also a board where people can argue their point or counter point. Where it gets interesting, is those that are intellectually dishonest, and talk out of both sides of their mouth. Pretty clear to me.

C.R. + Basic -

Just goofing around ; )

It's entertaining, keep it going!

Say something remotely insightful / truthful about Tiger that isn’t by definition glorifying him as the goat saviour… and the “entertainment” will continue…

;)

C.R. -- Was Tiger the greatest amateur of all time? Lets look at the results:

• 1984 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1985 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1988 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1989 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1990 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1991 US Junior Am Champ and Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1992 US Junior Am Champ
  • 1993 Us Junior Am Champ
  • 1994 US AM Champ, Western Am Champ and Pacific NW Am Champ
  • 1995 US AM Champ
  • 1996 US AM Champ, NCAA Champ, NCAA West Regional Champ and Pac 10 Champ

How does that Amateur career stack up for you?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

C.R. + Basic -

Just goofing around ; )

It's entertaining, keep it going!

Say something remotely insightful / truthful about Tiger that isn’t by definition glorifying him as the goat saviour… and the “entertainment” will continue…

;)

C.R. -- Was Tiger the greatest amateur of all time? Lets look at the results:

• 1984 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1985 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1988 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1989 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1990 Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1991 US Junior Am Champ and Junior Worlds Champ
  • 1992 US Junior Am Champ
  • 1993 Us Junior Am Champ
  • 1994 US AM Champ, Western Am Champ and Pacific NW Am Champ
  • 1995 US AM Champ
  • 1996 US AM Champ, NCAA Champ, NCAA West Regional Champ and Pac 10 Champ

How does that Amateur career stack up for you?

What happened in 86 & 87? Swing change? Mental issues?

^^^ To be honest I'm not sure. Maybe someone that knows will be able to illuminate. I'm sure he won numerous tournaments during that time but my list only includes the "major amateur tournaments" which is my own made up category.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black