Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

Shilgy

"So you think Els and company were actually "afraid" of Tiger? Versus Rahm is just a fan? Lol."

Just think a little deeper about your opening line above… Rahm was a child who likely had idolising pictures of Tiger on his wall when growing up. Els in comparison was slightly older than Tiger and viewed Tiger as a direct competitor and threat - so completely different. I can safely say Els didn't have any fan/idolising posters of Tiger on his wall. Els perception of Tiger were also formed through multiple direct experiences of being beaten by him which would naturally leave some form of competitive scar tissue. Also, there are many many older pros from the Els/Tiger era who've openly stated they were often 'fearful' of a prowling Tiger. Today we hear the exact OPPOSITE from these fearless young guns, they have ZERO years of competitive scar tissue compared to Els & Co from the previous era and todays young guns openly want to play with and beat Tiger at his very best, and many of them have this season and recent years.

The dynamics between how both Rahm & Els grew up viewing Tiger then/today are worlds apart for the reasons and dynamics outlined. I do agree both Rahm & Els likely hold a common 'respect' for Tiger the golfer and his achievements, which is normal and natural.

Cmon, you should know this stuff.

this is like looking at a penny and saying you see heads and I see tails. Ernie and Company as you said were beat down(your phrase competitive scar tissue) by him for years and became intimidated. Intimidated, fearful, idolized, they all result in the same thing on the golf course. Belief that if they acknowledge the issue tiger will beat them.

"this is like looking at a penny and saying you see heads and I see tails".… what I detailed above is the historical reality of how Rahm & Els have come to gain their perspectives on Tiger with one common link of respect for his playing record.

What isn't debatable (if one has even a primitive understanding of psychology) is the RESULT & manner that Rahm BEAT Tiger. Not only this undeniable FACT but doing so in a such an impressive manner oozing confidence in an Alpha-dog tone. Rahm's on the "golf course" performance was the exact OPPOSITE of a player "fearful" of his playing competitor. RESULTS & FACTS don't lie my friend.

Here's another layer of evidence further disproving your clearly biased theory.

Jon Rahm - Interview post Ryder Cup singles match after beating Tiger.

–––––––

"I played arguably the best golf of my life, particularly the last hole. I hit a perfect drive, wedge shot and then to make that putt, to be honest I didn't see the ball go in, I just knew it was going in."

–––––––

Again, is that the evidence of play & mindset of someone "fearful" of Tiger? As I said above, if one has even a primitive understanding of psychology the answer is OF COURSE NOT.

But please carry on ignoring these facts if it makes you sleep better at night ;)

Disagree completely. Alpha dogs don't make this statement " I told myself not to watch his shots , not to look him in the eye , just head down play my game ".

That's what a guy does to try to bandaid his mind to face an alpha dog. You've got it backwards.

Rahm soothed his fear and beat tiger. Sure. A 42 year old snaggle toothed Cat. Could he have kept the pee from running down his leg vs the 22 year old version ? Lol. We both know the answer. Rahm isnt dumb. Hedidwhat hadtobe done to win. But it's similar to holding your nose to swim or closing your eyes in a horror flick. He didn't look so as to not trigger his flight reflex.

Lol, if Rahm was afraid to look at a 42 year old, back fused, 2 year layoff, TW for 17 holes now

Imagine what he would do if he played this guy? He wouldn't even come out of the clubhouse ; )

ndRK-fxmxxst0642261.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..exactly my point ... Tiger just won the tour championship at maybe 70% of his peak ability... He beat this 'deep field" of young guns for a whole season long marathon save for 1 man as well... as a 8 years away from champions tour eligibility guy, coming off back fusion... Yea.. the fields are deep.... in deep do-do for the short term future

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

lol..exactly my point ... Tiger just won the tour championship at maybe 70% of his peak ability... He beat this 'deep field" of young guns for a whole season long marathon save for 1 man as well... as a 8 years away from champions tour eligibility guy, coming off back fusion... Yea.. the fields are deep.... in deep do-do for the short term future

A 30-man field is the exact opposite of "deep".

Shilgy

"So you think Els and company were actually "afraid" of Tiger? Versus Rahm is just a fan? Lol."

Just think a little deeper about your opening line above… Rahm was a child who likely had idolising pictures of Tiger on his wall when growing up. Els in comparison was slightly older than Tiger and viewed Tiger as a direct competitor and threat - so completely different. I can safely say Els didn't have any fan/idolising posters of Tiger on his wall. Els perception of Tiger were also formed through multiple direct experiences of being beaten by him which would naturally leave some form of competitive scar tissue. Also, there are many many older pros from the Els/Tiger era who've openly stated they were often 'fearful' of a prowling Tiger. Today we hear the exact OPPOSITE from these fearless young guns, they have ZERO years of competitive scar tissue compared to Els & Co from the previous era and todays young guns openly want to play with and beat Tiger at his very best, and many of them have this season and recent years.

The dynamics between how both Rahm & Els grew up viewing Tiger then/today are worlds apart for the reasons and dynamics outlined. I do agree both Rahm & Els likely hold a common 'respect' for Tiger the golfer and his achievements, which is normal and natural.

Cmon, you should know this stuff.

this is like looking at a penny and saying you see heads and I see tails. Ernie and Company as you said were beat down(your phrase competitive scar tissue) by him for years and became intimidated. Intimidated, fearful, idolized, they all result in the same thing on the golf course. Belief that if they acknowledge the issue tiger will beat them.

"this is like looking at a penny and saying you see heads and I see tails".… what I detailed above is the historical reality of how Rahm & Els have come to gain their perspectives on Tiger with one common link of respect for his playing record.

What isn't debatable (if one has even a primitive understanding of psychology) is the RESULT & manner that Rahm BEAT Tiger. Not only this undeniable FACT but doing so in a such an impressive manner oozing confidence in an Alpha-dog tone. Rahm's on the "golf course" performance was the exact OPPOSITE of a player "fearful" of his playing competitor. RESULTS & FACTS don't lie my friend.

Here's another layer of evidence further disproving your clearly biased theory.

Jon Rahm - Interview post Ryder Cup singles match after beating Tiger.

–––––––

"I played arguably the best golf of my life, particularly the last hole. I hit a perfect drive, wedge shot and then to make that putt, to be honest I didn't see the ball go in, I just knew it was going in."

–––––––

Again, is that the evidence of play & mindset of someone "fearful" of Tiger? As I said above, if one has even a primitive understanding of psychology the answer is OF COURSE NOT.

But please carry on ignoring these facts if it makes you sleep better at night ;)

Disagree completely. Alpha dogs don't make this statement " I told myself not to watch his shots , not to look him in the eye , just head down play my game ".

That's what a guy does to try to bandaid his mind to face an alpha dog. You've got it backwards.

Rahm soothed his fear and beat tiger. Sure. A 42 year old snaggle toothed Cat. Could he have kept the pee from running down his leg vs the 22 year old version ? Lol. We both know the answer. Rahm isnt dumb. Hedidwhat hadtobe done to win. But it's similar to holding your nose to swim or closing your eyes in a horror flick. He didn't look so as to not trigger his flight reflex.

Lol, if Rahm was afraid to look at a 42 year old, back fused, 2 year layoff, TW for 17 holes now

Imagine what he would do if he played this guy? He wouldn't even come out of the clubhouse ; )

ndRK-fxmxxst0642261.jpg

EXACTLY!

Indulge us, cdn, it's been a long winter for us ; )

Imagine if last year, TW fans posted that

Tiger would beat everybody in the top 20 OWGR including every young gun and super athlete in the Tour Championship this year.

Imagine if while all the haters were goofing on Tiger for the past 2 years, somebody said,

Hey, haters, you gonna feel stupid with TW beats the crap out of DJ, Spieth, Brooks, JT, Rahm, every other young gun

And

On top of all of it he is going to kick Rory's butt head to head in the final group on Sunday?

Impossible, he is finished! He couldn't win my club championship! Denial aint just a a river!

And yet,

TBG7OVS73NGNVMCGUACQ7PDLEM.jpg

Not according to Cool Runnings. That field was more than deep enough to manhandle a broken down, mentally weak, old Tiger Woods. You know, due to todays knowledge and training.

However the only true FACT is that they didn't....and Tiger won. And in FACT, Tiger beat most of the top players all year while missing a boatload of fairways.

Cool Runnings can argue until he's blue in the face but when an argument is unable to somewhat predict future outcomes, then at some point he will have to admit that his argument is flawed. Or as Cool Runnings would say....FLAWED :-)

Cool Runnings: "You know, you can't make pizza with those ingredients while using that oven"

Us: "Well we just did and it tastes amazing"

Cool Runnings: "Ya well uh...you'll see"

Us: (Looking confused with tomato sauce dripping from the side of our mouth)

How many did he beat season long. ? It wasn’t a 30 man invitational. It was the 30 left standing. If the youngins have trouble outlasting a 42 year old coming off spinal fusion and no play for 4 years then they have issues.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Not according to Cool Runnings. That field was more than deep enough to manhandle a broken down, mentally weak, old Tiger Woods. You know, due to todays knowledge and training.

However the only true FACT is that they didn't....and Tiger won. And in FACT, Tiger beat most of the top players all year while missing a boatload of fairways.

Cool Runnings can argue until he's blue in the face but when an argument is unable to somewhat predict future outcomes, then at some point he will have to admit that his argument is flawed. Or as Cool Runnings would say....FLAWED :-)

Cool Runnings: "You know, you can't make pizza with those ingredients while using that oven"

Cool be left out like Louis back there ; )

Trading-Places-1.jpg

Just kidding, cr, we know you are a **big** Tiger fan.

Tiger would beat everybody in the top 20 OWGR including every young gun and super athlete in the Tour Championship this year.

Imagine if while all the haters were goofing on Tiger for the past 2 years, somebody said,

Hey, haters, you gonna feel stupid with TW beats the crap out of DJ, Spieth, Brooks, JT, Rahm, every other young gun

And

On top of all of it he is going to kick Rory's butt head to head in the final group on Sunday?

Impossible, he is finished! He couldn't win my club championship! Denial aint just a a river!

And yet,

TBG7OVS73NGNVMCGUACQ7PDLEM.jpg

Lol. Yeppers.

It’s pretty funny. Pretty black and white scenario. Celebration well earned.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Cool be left out like Louis back there ; )

Trading-Places-1.jpg

Just kidding, cr, we know you are a **big** Tiger fan.

"LOOK AT THAT S-CAR GO"

"There are plenty of specific shots and instances" but I have to go searching for them? And how exactly do you correlate these shots to his "mental issues" exactly? And not, for example, a mechanical problem with his swing? You make these claims but you can't give us 1 specific example and provide some support for your claim? Stop making it then. It's worthless.

Yeah, of course Tiger had to overcome mental challenges. Especially after sitting out for 2 years, coming off a spinal fusion, new swing, etc. My point is that's to be expected and totally normal. When you spoke of Tiger's "mental issues" you made it sound like an ongoing, abnormal problem that they he may or may not be able to overcome. My contention is that he still one of the more mentally strong on Tour. 7 top 10s and 12 top 25s in 18 tournaments (with a win at Tour Champ., 2nd at PGA Championship, T6 at The Open) seems decent for his first year back, no?

You make it sound like he's struggling to keep his card.

Many players actually perform better on the course than the range? I'm going to have to question your golf literacy if you actually believe this. It's two totally different animals, and an apples to oranges comparison. But just in terms of general ball striking, no above average Tour pro struggles on the range. I promise you they'd all love to carry the care free mentality they have on the range, to the course. I think Trevino once said that if he could bring his range swing to the course he'd be #1.

Frankly I don't think your Tiger range to Tiger course comparison is all that accurate either. Did you watch all of his range sessions? How? And we saw Tiger hit plenty of fairways off the first tee this year.

Again, you've presented no concrete evidence that Tiger had mental issues that were "holding him back in key pressure moments". At least not beyond what every golfer faces.

Not one piece of empirical evidence. You just keep repeating the same "theories" over and over and over and over [and over] with no support.

Stop being so lazy… the media and reporting on his on course problems being “mental” are fairly common place. Tip: Research Jamie Diaz highlighting Tiger’s mental issues stating Tiger is “struggling between the ears”.

Oh if the "media" says it, it must be true! Jamie Diaz said it? Why didn't you say so earlier...that's iron clad proof right there.

This is what your argument has come to...citing Jamie Diaz' opinion as evidence for Tiger's "mental issues".

If I ever claimed that any player had "mental issues" preventing them from winning, I would at least be able to articulate a decent explanation and provide some evidence for my statement. I definitely wouldn't double down after that player WON. LOL.

Lazy? Telling me to go find support for your argument is lazy. Comical really.

You've got nothing Cool Runnings. I rest my case. :D

How many did he beat season long. ? It wasn't a 30 man invitational. It was the 30 left standing. If the youngins have trouble outlasting a 42 year old coming off spinal fusion and no play for 4 years then they have issues.

Why did you keep using the word "deep" to describe something that by definition wasn't?

Did you mean to PM this to Cool Runnings?

And

And yet,

I'm going to start calling him Schrodinger's Tiger. He is simultaneously on his way to #1 and 5 more majors; _and_ a broken down 42 year old who can't play 3 weeks in row...

Perhaps. Not sure how to respond to someone calling 30 of the best players in the world in a 4 day tournament the 'exact opposite' of deep.

Perhaps. Not sure how to respond to someone calling 30 of the best players in the world in a 4 day tournament the 'exact opposite' of deep.

Clearly he's employing Murphy's Law.

And

And yet,

I'm going to start calling him Schrodinger's Tiger. He is simultaneously on his way to #1 and 5 more majors; _and_ a broken down 42 year old who can't play 3 weeks in row...

Ha! TW knows physics...

https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/10/17/tiger-woods-sinks-putt-robotic-ball-hands-free/

Tiger Woods and his young mentee sink hands-free putt with robotic ball

"There are plenty of specific shots and instances" but I have to go searching for them? And how exactly do you correlate these shots to his "mental issues" exactly? And not, for example, a mechanical problem with his swing? You make these claims but you can't give us 1 specific example and provide some support for your claim? Stop making it then. It's worthless.

Yeah, of course Tiger had to overcome mental challenges. Especially after sitting out for 2 years, coming off a spinal fusion, new swing, etc. My point is that's to be expected and totally normal. When you spoke of Tiger's "mental issues" you made it sound like an ongoing, abnormal problem that they he may or may not be able to overcome. My contention is that he still one of the more mentally strong on Tour. 7 top 10s and 12 top 25s in 18 tournaments (with a win at Tour Champ., 2nd at PGA Championship, T6 at The Open) seems decent for his first year back, no?

You make it sound like he's struggling to keep his card.

Many players actually perform better on the course than the range? I'm going to have to question your golf literacy if you actually believe this. It's two totally different animals, and an apples to oranges comparison. But just in terms of general ball striking, no above average Tour pro struggles on the range. I promise you they'd all love to carry the care free mentality they have on the range, to the course. I think Trevino once said that if he could bring his range swing to the course he'd be #1.

Frankly I don't think your Tiger range to Tiger course comparison is all that accurate either. Did you watch all of his range sessions? How? And we saw Tiger hit plenty of fairways off the first tee this year.

Again, you've presented no concrete evidence that Tiger had mental issues that were "holding him back in key pressure moments". At least not beyond what every golfer faces.

Not one piece of empirical evidence. You just keep repeating the same "theories" over and over and over and over [and over] with no support.

Stop being so lazy… the media and reporting on his on course problems being “mental” are fairly common place. Tip: Research Jamie Diaz highlighting Tiger’s mental issues stating Tiger is “struggling between the ears”.

Oh if the "media" says it, it must be true! Jamie Diaz said it? Why didn't you say so earlier...that's iron clad proof right there.

This is what your argument has come to...citing Jamie Diaz' opinion as evidence for Tiger's "mental issues".

If I ever claimed that any player had "mental issues" preventing them from winning, I would at least be able to articulate a decent explanation and provide some evidence for my statement. I definitely wouldn't double down after that player WON. LOL.

Lazy? Telling me to go find support for your argument is lazy. Comical really.

You've got nothing Cool Runnings. I rest my case. :D

ImperturbableKnobbyArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

How many did he beat season long. ? It wasn't a 30 man invitational. It was the 30 left standing. If the youngins have trouble outlasting a 42 year old coming off spinal fusion and no play for 4 years then they have issues.

Why did you keep using the word "deep" to describe something that by definition wasn't?

depth isnt shear numbers..its the fact that those 30 were the best ..... no scrubs, journeymen, or sponsors invites... Deep it was...30 stars deep

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

depth isnt shear numbers..its the fact that those 30 were the best ..... no scrubs, journeymen, or sponsors invites... Deep it was...30 stars deep

The Players:

48f2934144f8c2328f5b359051192530.jpg

Tour Championship:

screen-shot-2012-06-20-at-10-49-32-am.png

28 if you exclude Tiger and Phil....

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

27 if we include Rory

Who got his butt kicked by You Know Who

Although

Can we call Rory a "star" anymore?

; )

Probably not. Only one win, could only muster second place at a major, 7th in owgr points earned this year, under-performed at the Ryder Cup.

Who would get excited about a year like that?

27 if we include Rory

Who got his butt kicked by You Know Who

Although

Can we call Rory a "star" anymore?

; )

Probably not. Only one win, could only muster second place at a major, 7th in owgr points earned this year, under-performed at the Ryder Cup.

Who would get excited about a year like that?

What’s happening here? Where do my hands go ?

Lol. You sound more TW fan that CR. And we’ve established him as #1 !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock