Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

this is pure hindsight and Monday morning quarterbacking but if Tiger was being truly honest he should have realized he was burnt out after the Tour Championship and should have just accepted being a non-playing asst. captain..

but I guess his ego was just too big to even consider that scenario..

That would put Furyk in an even worse position. Was he supposed to just say on the Monday of Ryde Cup week that he didn’t want to play? Just get Xander to fly in on a couple hours notice to play in the Ryder Cup, yeah that seems like the selfless thing to do...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Tiger Woods lunatics are a sensitive bunch. My goodness.

Kind of have that backwards. Only ghosts around are the hateraide drinkers. Guys who have been around through most all of it and now say “ I told you so “. Aren’t sensitive.

It’s called being correct.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

this is pure hindsight and Monday morning quarterbacking but if Tiger was being truly honest he should have realized he was burnt out after the Tour Championship and should have just accepted being a non-playing asst. captain..

Ego? Maybe his desire to play in the Ryder Cup was too big. Can you imagine how fun it would be and what an honor to play in it would be?

He just won. If he didn't play people would say "Oh, you don't care enough about representing your country, Tiger?".

He will never win with some people.

Kind of have that backwards. Only ghosts around are the hateraide drinkers. Guys who have been around through most all of it and now say “ I told you so “. Aren’t sensitive.

Come on Blade. Most of the comments I saw, including mine, the last few years questioned his bodies ability to heal. They rarely had anything to do with Tigers mental toughness, intelligence or desire. This whole “I told you so” thing is so childish. The guy is walking in uncharted territory in terms of medical recovery. No one in fhe history of sports, let alone golf has come back from this sort of thing. He might win 5 more majors, he might pick up a bag of groceries tomorrow and his career could be over.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, you didn’t prove anything to anyone with this narrative. Hell, from all accounts Tiger was telling people he was finished at the 2017 Masters dinner. He just wanted his quality of life back, playing golf was a bonus. Be careful, the high horse your riding might turn out to be a Shetland pony.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Ego? Maybe his desire to play in the Ryder Cup was too big. Can you imagine how fun it would be and what an honor to play in it would be?

He just won. If he didn't play people would say "Oh, you don't care enough about representing your country, Tiger?".

TW dont play

Haters be like

TW dont play

Haters be like

[media=]

[/media]

Don't get me wrong guys...am a big TW fan..

I was just trying to rationalize some other causes for the defeat of the USA based on pure hindsight.

on second thought it was probably too late to do it anyway as he was chosen before he won the TC and he was still about to peak..

still.... a few wins from 3 of the captain's picks could have really turned this around..

oh well...next time.

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Kind of have that backwards. Only ghosts around are the hateraide drinkers. Guys who have been around through most all of it and now say " I told you so ". Aren't sensitive.

It's called being correct.

Come on Blade. Most of the comments I saw, including mine, the last few years questioned his bodies ability to heal. They rarely had anything to do with Tigers mental toughness, intelligence or desire. This whole "I told you so" thing is so childish. The guy is walking in uncharted territory in terms of medical recovery. No one in fhe history of sports, let alone golf has come back from this sort of thing. He might win 5 more majors, he might pick up a bag of groceries tomorrow and his career could be over.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, you didn't prove anything to anyone with this narrative. Hell, from all accounts Tiger was telling people he was finished at the 2017 Masters dinner. He just wanted his quality of life back, playing golf was a bonus. Be careful, the high horse your riding might turn out to be a Shetland pony.

Yes. There's some truth there. But I'm not talking to the people who said " I don't know what will happen , but I wish him the best ".

I'm talking to the folks who said ( paraphrasing of course ) " he's done. He will never play again , he can't come back from this ". And some even added " he's getting what he deserves , and I'm glad the POS is getting taken down a peg ".

Those are the folks I'm speaking to. .

None of us know how long we have at anything. Life included. But those who counted tiger out were wrong. No way to deny that. My stance always was if he could get pain free. Or even relatively to his age pain free he could win again. And here we are.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

TW dont play

Haters be like

[media=]

[/media]

Don't get me wrong guys...am a big TW fan..

I was just trying to rationalize some other causes for the defeat of the USA based on pure hindsight.

on second thought it was probably too late to do it anyway as he was chosen before he won the TC and he was still about to peak..

still.... a few wins from 3 of the captain's picks could have really turned this around..

oh well...next time.

A few more wins from guys who made the team o points could have turned it around too. But as they say “ ifs and buts “......

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Come on Blade. Most of the comments I saw, including mine, the last few years questioned his bodies ability to heal. They rarely had anything to do with Tigers mental toughness, intelligence or desire. This whole “I told you so” thing is so childish. The guy is walking in uncharted territory in terms of medical recovery. No one in fhe history of sports, let alone golf has come back from this sort of thing. He might win 5 more majors, he might pick up a bag of groceries tomorrow and his career could be over.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, you didn’t prove anything to anyone with this narrative. Hell, from all accounts Tiger was telling people he was finished at the 2017 Masters dinner. He just wanted his quality of life back, playing golf was a bonus. Be careful, the high horse your riding might turn out to be a Shetland pony.

Yes. There’s some truth there. But I’m not talking to the people who said “ I don’t know what will happen , but I wish him the best “.

I’m talking to the folks who said ( paraphrasing of course ) “ he’s done. He will never play again , he can’t come back from this “. And some even added “ he’s getting what he deserves , and I’m glad the POS is getting taken down a peg “.

Those are the folks I’m speaking to. The cool runnings of the world.

None of us know how long we have at anything. Life included. But those who counted tiger out were wrong. No way to deny that. My stance always was if he could get pain free. Or even relatively to his age pain free he could win again. And here we are.

Well of course....pain free. After what’s he been through that was highly unlikely. He overcame the odds.

Tiger has been through more drama than most any athlete in history. Most of his problems have been self induced, including many of his injuries with the SEAL training etc.

Hey, the world loves comeback stories, good for him, but the people you are railing on are the 1%

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Kind of have that backwards. Only ghosts around are the hateraide drinkers. Guys who have been around through most all of it and now say " I told you so ". Aren't sensitive.

Come on Blade. Most of the comments I saw, including mine, the last few years questioned his bodies ability to heal. They rarely had anything to do with Tigers mental toughness, intelligence or desire. This whole "I told you so" thing is so childish. The guy is walking in uncharted territory in terms of medical recovery. No one in fhe history of sports, let alone golf has come back from this sort of thing. He might win 5 more majors, he might pick up a bag of groceries tomorrow and his career could be over.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, you didn't prove anything to anyone with this narrative. Hell, from all accounts Tiger was telling people he was finished at the 2017 Masters dinner. He just wanted his quality of life back, playing golf was a bonus. Be careful, the high horse your riding might turn out to be a Shetland pony.

Yes. There's some truth there. But I'm not talking to the people who said " I don't know what will happen , but I wish him the best ".

I'm talking to the folks who said ( paraphrasing of course ) " he's done. He will never play again , he can't come back from this ". And some even added " he's getting what he deserves , and I'm glad the POS is getting taken down a peg ".

Those are the folks I'm speaking to. The cool runnings of the world.

Well of course....pain free. After what's he been through that was highly unlikely. He overcame the odds.

Tiger has been through more drama than most any athlete in history. Most of his problems have been self induced, including many of his injuries with the SEAL training etc.

Hey, the world loves comeback stories, good for him, but the people you are railing on are the 1%

I agree... but those 1% have/had an axe to grind for one reason or another and they need to hear " i told you so "...

and also in my book the "comeback" is complete ... anything over what weve seen is gravy .. He proved to us, and more importantly himself , that he still has it, mentally and talent wise.. these kids arent better..Not by a long shot. Playing that well , in that many events , with that patched up body ...well these kids have no excuse and no place to hide.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

bladehunter:

“I’m talking to the folks who said ( paraphrasing of course ) “ he’s done. He will never play again , he can’t come back from this “. And some even added “ he’s getting what he deserves , and I’m glad the POS is getting taken down a peg “.”

“Those are the folks I’m speaking to. The cool runnings of the world.”

––––––––––––––––

Firstly I’m a big Tiger fan but a rare honest one that isn’t blinded by fanaticism like many so called ‘Tiger fans’ here. I’m open and honest enough to tell it like it is, both sides of the coin. Why that scares people like you and others is beyond me. While I’ve stated my concerns about Tiger, his health, the calibre of the fields he’s competing against, his age, key obstacles to overcome if he’s to win again and many other objective and valid concerns (which are often shared by many in the golfing media), it’s ALL been backed up with legitimate facts, data, and shared opinions from many other great minds in golf. This honesty and truth is clearly not well received by a few of his unhealthy fanatics here, but that’s on them and their insecurity, not me.

Second, when have I ever stated any of these comments you’ve falsely mentioned above? I CHALLENGE YOU to find a single quote. If you can’t provide us/me of a quote stating any of the above wrongful accusations in it’s full context then it’ll be evident to all you’re either a liar, extremely insecure, or literally stupid… or a terrible mixture of all 3.

Having a difference of opinion is one thing but when you blatantly lying about what someone has said is another matter all together…

Your next actions & evidence (or lack there of) will soon reveal your true character to this forum… we’re waiting.

bladehunter:

“I’m talking to the folks who said ( paraphrasing of course ) “ he’s done. He will never play again , he can’t come back from this “. And some even added “ he’s getting what he deserves , and I’m glad the POS is getting taken down a peg “.”

––––––––––––––––

Firstly I’m a big Tiger fan but a rare honest one that isn’t blinded by fanaticism like many so called ‘Tiger fans’ here. I’m open and honest enough to tell it like it is, both sides of the coin. Why that scares people like you and others is beyond me. While I’ve stated my concerns about Tiger, his health, the calibre of the fields he’s competing against, his age, key obstacles to overcome if he’s to win again and many other objective and valid concerns (which are often shared by many in the golfing media), it’s ALL been backed up with legitimate facts, data, and shared opinions from many other great minds in golf. This honesty and truth is clearly not well received by a few of his unhealthy fanatics here, but that’s on them and their insecurity, not me.

Second, when have I ever stated any of these comments you’ve falsely mentioned above? I CHALLENGE YOU to find a single quote. If you can’t provide us/me of a quote stating any of the above wrongful accusations in it’s full context then it’ll be evident to all you’re either a liar, extremely insecure, or literally stupid… or a terrible mixture of all 3.

Having a difference of opinion is one thing but when you blatantly lying about what someone has said is another matter all together…

Your next actions & evidence (or lack there of) will soon reveal your true character to this forum… we’re waiting.

Well I'm not Blade but I find it funny you calling yourself a big Tiger fan. Based on many of your old posts which factually laid out the almost certain impossibility of Tiger competing and winning again, backed up by all the great golf minds of our time, surely you would be the first to post what an incredible achievement his 2018 year was. You know, being a big Tiger fan and all.

Care to point me to that post? Can't seem to find it.

Well I'm not Blade but I find it funny you calling yourself a big Tiger fan. Based on many of your old posts which factually laid out the almost certain impossibility of Tiger competing and winning again, backed up by all the great golf minds of our time, surely you would be the first to post what an incredible achievement his 2018 year was. You know, being a big Tiger fan and all.

Care to point me to that post? Can't seem to find it.

Cool Runnings is a huge TW fan. He went to Paris to see him play at the Ryder Cup and hasn't had the time to share his elation on TWs win.

"Sadly tomorrow will likely be my last day for a while to observe gatorMD falling off the mental cliff as TW edges closer to that win - France and the Ryder Cup is calling me. I’ll be missed as will you ;)"

Being such a big TW fan, I'm sure he is waiting for the right time to offer his congratulations to TW and state how impressed he is that TW won despite the dozens of challenges he pointed out that TW faced

Which he stated dozens of times ; )

skysports-tiger-woods-tour-championship_4431530.jpg

bladehunter:

––––––––––––––––

why is the font so small ? cut and paste?

why no PM to let me know you had layed down a 'challenge"? I literally had 5 and just clicked back in here...

Im not sure how to take your backtracking ...Or perhaps it is me who has misread every single post about Tiger youve ever posted?? Could be. Ill have time to review some posts from a year or so ago later and ill be glad to apologize if thats the case.

edit--- and whats with the Ifs? he has won again... a little wing ding called the Tour Championship... maybe you heard ??

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Cool Runnings, a simple "I was wrong" would suffice.

All of the doubts that you repeatedly made clear (depth of field, level of talent, etc.) are WELL documented.

You simply underestimated Tiger Woods. You underestimated the fact that he is an inherently better golfer than perhaps anyone to ever live.

The ONLY concern that has any real merit is the health concern. I acknowledged that all along. But, if he stays healthy, he will rise to #1 again. He's still young enough and swinging well enough and fast enough to do that.

The depth of the field and this "greater talent" level obviously doesn't matter when he plays well. Tiger will be better next year, with more practice time under his belt, and he will continue to win.

All of the doubts that you repeatedly made clear (depth of field, level of talent, etc.) are WELL documented.

You simply underestimated Tiger Woods. You underestimated the fact that he is an inherently better golfer than perhaps anyone to ever live.

The ONLY concern that has any real merit is the health concern. I acknowledged that all along. But, if he stays healthy, he will rise to #1 again. He's still young enough and swinging well enough and fast enough to do that.

The depth of the field and this "greater talent" level obviously doesn't matter when he plays well. Tiger will be better next year, with more practice time under his belt, and he will continue to win.

Cool never said TW would defintely never win again.

He just made 300 posts about how it was virtually impossible for him to win against all these young guns who, according to him, are as good as Tiger in his prime.

Theres a difference, you know.

Of course TW blew his thesis to hell but Im sure that

Since he is a self proclaimed *big Tiger fan*

Any second now

He will acknowledge TWs greatness and how thrilled he is about the win ; )

The last tourney he played in he had more birdies than anyone else in the field. And that was only his first rounds back and with a bad back at that. If he is healthy, both physically and mentally, no one is beating him.

This is the oldest post of mine I could find on the subject. I’ve been saying it for years though, if he can get healthy and stay healthy, he will win. It’s nice to be right at least once in a while. :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Cool never said TW would defintely never win again.

He just made 300 posts about how it was virtually impossible for him to win against all these young guns who, according to him, are as good as Tiger in his prime.

Theres a difference, you know.

Of course TW blew his thesis to hell but Im sure that

Since he is a self proclaimed *big Tiger fan*

Any second now

He will acknowledge TWs greatness and how thrilled he is about the win ; )

lol he is in total denial, he's the lighter version of Sheldonj "the fork" Hacker

You make it sound like a certainty. He had a much better year than almost anyone expected, but he is still a long way from #1.

You make it sound like a certainty. He had a much better year than almost anyone expected, but he is still a long way from #1.

"Long way" is relative exemplified.

Tiger Woods OWGR

12/17

2/18

3/18

5/18

7/18

8/18

9/18

He seems pretty determined.

Hey, if JRose can do it ; )

99.9% of the time (if not higher) throughout Tiger's career, he has achieved the #1 rank if healthy (playing a relatively full schedule) for 2 years.

I'm not saying it's a certainty but he is as likely as anyone to reach #1. Just look at the trajectory of his season...

Unless you think he's too old or that the other players have risen to another level since the last time Tiger was #1. I clearly do not.

Tiger Woods OWGR

12/17

2/18

3/18

5/18

7/18

8/18

9/18

Determined enough to go back to Butch? ;)

Tiger Woods OWGR

12/17

2/18

3/18

5/18

7/18

8/18

9/18

Maybe back to Foley like world #1?

Duck and cover-I'm kidding!!!

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Cool-

Let me preface anything i say with this.

I would sincerely like to apologize for calling your name specifically . It was very small of me in retrospect , especially since everyone here knew the situation. After ive had a chance to review some of your posts , its pretty clear to me that i have taken the carefully hidden hook sometime ago. For that i am angry with myself . Again , I am sorry for mentioning you specifically, no harm was meant, I truly thought I was stating the obvious and had no idea..No inkling , that you professed to be a Tiger Fan . I am still shocked to know that .

Now ... I will also have to defend my statement by citing a few things that you missed. I clearly state that i am "paraphrasing " before any quotes and your name are mentioned. If i need to link anyone to that definition , please let me know. So no need for the outrage and ultimatum to " show me the exact quote in context " that you threw out .. The word paraphrase explains that my quotes arent direct quotes to begin with. They are my opinion or understanding of your quotes. If anyone questions that opinion i challenge you to go read for yourself . It fits.

Then ill go to the "in context " part of that Ultimatum... Another hook. It seems to be the pattern of your writings. To state something using vague wording and always an out ....The "in context" was your out or method by which to move the goal posts , in case i did find a direct quote... Pretty telling. And pretty puzzling to be honest . That leads me to the definition of Fan...or Fanatic-

fa·nat·ic

[fəˈnadik]

NOUN

You good person , exhibit zero characteristics of a fan . If ive missed that Fan post im sorry .. I could not find it . Simply adding a suffix of "and im a tiger woods fan" behind each post of doom doesnt really count. you have got to go the route of all those learned folks you have quoted so many times and admit that you were dead wrong too. You cannot continue to quote those people who have to a man/woman back tracked those " the fields are too deep" "hes too old " ( paraphrasing again ) thoughts they once had.

Again ( 3rd time) ill say im sorry for calling your name.. It was wrong . I am going to go and edit that post as well to try to show that i mean that ...I simply got caught up in the heat of the moment , trying to explain to another guy who i was referring to, an opinion i had no idea was a secret .... I can fully respect your opinion , I think i did an OK job of respecting a differing opinion in the post you quoted . I could respect your differing opinion too, but you have to own it 1st, and stop hiding behind the " but im a fan " while pretty clearly stating otherwise in so many words.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Tiger Woods OWGR

12/17

2/18

3/18

5/18

7/18

8/18

9/18

Maybe back to Foley like world #1?

Duck and cover-I'm kidding!!!

DJ goes to Foley?

Not to be a jerk, but Rosey only lasted at #1 for a couple of weeks.

DJ passed him up at Tour Championship. It was a strange tourney in that sense...Tiger wins tournament. Rose wins FedEx. DJ goes back to #1.

1. Tiger should never go back to Foley.

2. He may go back to Butch but only to consult with him in the same way Jack Nicklaus did it with Jack Grout.

3. Tiger know HIS game the best and only needs to tweak it once in a while as needed---he does not need a full-time coach..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60