Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

Sounds like Tiger might wind up like Bobby Jones eventually. Bobby Jones retired at age 28 , but still played golf and taught golf until he was diagnosed with a spinal disease (Syringomyelia) that eventually stuck him in a wheelchair at 48 for the last 20+ years of his life. Tiger may wind up in the same predicament due to a back that prevents him from standing for more than 30 minutes let alone play golf. Only his predicament was more physical abuse rather than a specific disease. Hopefully he can get to where he can function and be a father rather than pursuing returning to golf.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Tiger might wind up like Bobby Jones eventually. Bobby Jones retired at age 28 , but still played golf and taught golf until he was diagnosed with a spinal disease (Syringomyelia) that eventually stuck him in a wheelchair at 48 for the last 20+ years of his life. Tiger may wind up in the same predicament due to a back that prevents him from standing for more than 30 minutes let alone play golf. Only his predicament was more physical abuse rather than a specific disease. Hopefully he can get to where he can function and be a father rather than pursuing returning to golf.

Remind me not to invite you to my next party ; )

If you factor in the time he will spends in jail and then the suspension the PGA has to give him, it could be two years minimum before he is allowed to play

Lol

He's already serve all of his time in jail. You don't get locked up for a first offense blowing 0s.

Zero chance he spends another day in jail for the DUI and given it's prescription drugs that were provided by doctors and are not PED's I'm doubt they can suspend him from the Tour either.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

If you factor in the time he will spends in jail and then the suspension the PGA has to give him, it could be two years minimum before he is allowed to play

Lol

He's already serve all of his time in jail. You don't get locked up for a first offense blowing 0s.

Zero chance he spends another day in jail for the DUI and given it's prescription drugs that were provided by doctors and are not PED's I'm doubt they can suspend him from the Tour either.

Correct. Despite how people are cracking jokes, pain meds devastate lives and families. Golf aside I hope he gets it together for his kids sake.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Doctors, Operations etc. you really wonder how useful or well trained the trainers and physical therapists these guys are using are. Day, McIlroy, Woods, Rose...all with gimpy backs just don't seem to be able to be healthy and golf flexible for long periods of time. All of them with maybe the exception of Rose seem devoted to lifting significant weights. Rory sounds almost mournful he has only lifted 15 pound weights recently.

Now we hear DJ and Keopka are lifting buddies. You can obviously see it in Brooks, but are they heading down the Tiger road? Hopefully they don't become 30 mile a week runners as well..

This insatiable need to workout to excess is what I often refer to as the "caffeinated attitudes" of this generation.

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Just when we think it is the media that is constantly harping on Tigers problems and won't leave Tiger alone, Tiger tweets he has completed his prescription "use" course of treatment. Of course his blood sucking DUI convicted agent has to make a statement as well so he can earn this months 10%. So even when the media lets it go for a period of time, they thrust themselves right back into the limelight. Wish him the best of luck, but find it hard to feel sorry for his treatment in the media when he and his representatives seem intent on being in the days headlines.. Somehow I don't think this is "the greater things than golf" Earl had in mind for Tiger.

Just when we think it is the media that is constantly harping on Tigers problems and won't leave Tiger alone, Tiger tweets he has completed his prescription "use" course of treatment. Of course his blood sucking DUI convicted agent has to make a statement as well so he can earn this months 10%. So even when the media lets it go for a period of time, they thrust themselves right back into the limelight. Wish him the best of luck, but find it hard to feel sorry for his treatment in the media when he and his representatives seem intent on being in the days headlines.. Somehow I don't think this is "the greater things than golf" Earl had in mind for Tiger.

I think at this point most people have given up hope of Tiger returning to play professional golf. My guess is Tigers agent and Tiger are playing a PR game to show good faith to the courts and their sponsors.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

It's been a little over a month since the arrest, he did not immediately check into rehab, and now he's all good? Three weeks or so in a clinic gets him detoxed, but isn't enough time to address the base problem. I fear that this is going to be a recurring pattern.

Of course he's good. He was in rehab 100x more intense than anyone could ever dream of being, so he's healed much faster, just like his injuries. Keep in mind he is a former decorated linebacker and SEAL.

He doesn't need a timetable... he needs a time machine. He needs to go back 10 years and take a mulligan or two.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Because Jack is constantly asked about Tiger. That isn't on Jack.

EXACTLY!!!

What, guys think that every time a mike is put in front of Jack's face he blurts something out about Tiger???

Jack is the classiest retired Champion as you never hear him tweeting, texting or putting out friggin press releases pontificating about his views, thoughts and opinions.

He says nothing unless he's asked and then he is very careful in choosing his words.

Trust me here-

He has stronger views than he voices publically, whether it's regarding the state of the game or Tiger

However he's a Gentleman and a Champion

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

EXACTLY!!!

What, guys think that every time a mike is put in front of Jack's face he blurts something out about Tiger???

Jack is the classiest retired Champion as you never hear him tweeting, texting or putting out friggin press releases pontificating about his views, thoughts and opinions.

He says nothing unless he's asked and then he is very careful in choosing his words.

Trust me here-

He has stronger views than he voices publically, whether it's regarding the state of the game or Tiger

RP

I bet Jack has great personal affection and, obviously, enormous professional *respect* for the only man he knows may be the better player on the course than he was.

He knows what it took for TW to do those things on the course. And the absurd media attention, racist barriers, and peer pressure, TW overcame to be the best to ever play the sport.

I think Jack is a great man and, as such, if he ever sees TWs number pop up on the phone, he picks up and helps any way he can.

EXACTLY!!!

Trust me here-

RP

I bet Jack has great personal affection and, obviously, enormous professional *respect* for the only man he knows may be the better player on the course than he was.

He knows what it took for TW to do those things on the course. And the absurd media attention, racist barriers, and peer pressure, TW overcame to be the best to ever play the sport.

I think Jack is a great man and, as such, if he ever sees TWs number pop up on the phone, he picks up and helps any way he can.

That's laughable, tiger woods has been the most mollycoddled sportsman in history