2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

Well, least he is standing....

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/tiger-woods-pictured-at-a-michaels-because-hes-such-a-dad-now

The 14-time major champ has been laying relatively low since news of yet another back surgery, but he’s just been spotted. The picture circulated early this week on social media; apparently Tiger is off running Dad errands, picking up school supplies for his kids.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://ftw.usatoday....-such-a-dad-now

The 14-time major champ has been laying relatively low since news of yet another back surgery, but he’s just been spotted. The picture circulated early this week on social media; apparently Tiger is off running Dad errands, picking up school supplies for his kids.

Standing overall is much more important than golf, to be honest.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

http://ftw.usatoday....-such-a-dad-now

Standing overall is much more important than golf, to be honest.

Yeah, standing is ok ; )

• 1 month later...

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/6/22/15852812/jason-day-ignores-tiger-woods-travelers-championship-2017

Jason Day gets off to poor Travelers start after ignoring Tiger Woods’ offer of help

“He texted me after I shot 79 and said, ‘Hey, before you work on something call me because I saw something,’” Day told Golf Channel’s Rex Hoggard on Wednesday about Woods, who was arrested last month for DWI and announced last week he was getting “professional help” with managing his medications.

“I was like, ‘Yeah, you saw 79 shots,’” Day recounted. “I didn’t call him because I was so angry.”

---------

It’s a tough one,” McIlroy said following his Wednesday pro-am. “I reached out to him whenever everything broke a few weeks ago just making sure he’s okay.

“I feel like I have built a good relationship with Tiger over the last few years. He’s been through a rough time the last few years with injuries and not being able to sleep,” said McIlroy, who also missed the cut at the U.S. Open last week. “I totally understand how that can happen, so it’s good that he’s getting help. It’s good that he’s on the road to recover I guess, and I guess everyone in golf and around the world just wishes him the best.”

---------------

"Honestly, I haven't lifted a weight all year, and it's tough for me to come out and sort of say I don't," McIlroy said. "The most I've lifted in the gym is 15 pounds this year because of my injury. I'm nowhere near as strong as I used to be. I'm not. But I don't need to be. I feel like physically if I'm stable and I'm strong in the right areas, I'm okay.

Doctors, Operations etc. you really wonder how useful or well trained the trainers and physical therapists these guys are using are. Day, McIlroy, Woods, Rose...all with gimpy backs just don't seem to be able to be healthy and golf flexible for long periods of time. All of them with maybe the exception of Rose seem devoted to lifting significant weights. Rory sounds almost mournful he has only lifted 15 pound weights recently.

Now we hear DJ and Keopka are lifting buddies. You can obviously see it in Brooks, but are they heading down the Tiger road? Hopefully they don't become 30 mile a week runners as well..

Not a shrink by any means but there are a number of documented cases where mental pain has propagated itself as physical pain, usually in the head and/or back. In Tigers case, there is clearly structural damage in his back that led him to endure numerous surgeries but one can't discount that some of the discomfort he's feeling isn't also related to some unresolved psychological issues as well.

Where I come from they call it "karma", and it is a m'er f'er........Oh, and the egg on his face isn't helping.......

Doctors, Operations etc. you really wonder how useful or well trained the trainers and physical therapists these guys are using are. Day, McIlroy, Woods, Rose...all with gimpy backs just don't seem to be able to be healthy and golf flexible for long periods of time. All of them with maybe the exception of Rose seem devoted to lifting significant weights. Rory sounds almost mournful he has only lifted 15 pound weights recently.

Now we hear DJ and Keopka are lifting buddies. You can obviously see it in Brooks, but are they heading down the Tiger road? Hopefully they don't become 30 mile a week runners as well..

Proper training should strengthen and prevent injury, not cause it. All these commentators that are always saying they're too big or they workout too much..what do they expect, overweight, beer gut, unhealthy golfers?

Titleist T150 Irons

Titleist U505 4 Utility
Titleist Tsi2 Driver
Ping G425 5 Wood
Ping G425 7 Wood
Titleist SM9 48, 54, 58 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

does anyone care about these announcements at this point? no. just announce when you are coming back.....

He has endorsement deals that require he remain relevant if he wants to get paid. If he announced tomorrow that he wasn't ever going to play professional golf again and was uncertain what if any role he'd play in the industry he'd lose millions of dollars per year.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Not a shrink by any means but there are a number of documented cases where mental pain has propagated itself as physical pain, usually in the head and/or back. In Tigers case, there is clearly structural damage in his back that led him to endure numerous surgeries but one can't discount that some of the discomfort he's feeling isn't also related to some unresolved psychological issues as well.

Where I come from they call it "karma", and it is a m'er f'er........Oh, and the egg on his face isn't helping.......

Except karma doesn't exist. The man is broken due to the laws of physics wreaking havoc on his body.

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

does anyone care about these announcements at this point? no. just announce when you are coming back.....

He has endorsement deals that require he remain relevant if he wants to get paid. If he announced tomorrow that he wasn't ever going to play professional golf again and was uncertain what if any role he'd play in the industry he'd lose millions of dollars per year.

Exactly......

Except karma doesn't exist. The man is broken due to the laws of physics wreaking havoc on his body.

Just like Johnny Miller said 20 years ago, and everybody said he was stupid for saying that!......And Tiger's got mega embarrassment to overcome, so more pressure than any athlete has ever had to overcome........I do believe in karma, and that's long story. I've been to numerous events Tiger was at, he's a TOOL! Unless the camera is on!......Glad he didn't break Jack's record, of course I knew he never would!......LOL

Got this straight from Leo's barber shop, who got it from the pizza guy that delivers to his house, that got it from the pool guy, who in turn got it from the house keeper that overheard him talking on the phone to a call in talk to sexy babes (actually grandma's ), that he is waiting to hit the big 50 and jump out into the seniors..........So 2024/25 is looking up........ :partytime2:

all his main endorsers dropped him like a bad habit. Nike is the only one who stayed...that's phil knight for you

all his main endorsers dropped him like a bad habit. Nike is the only one who stayed...that's phil knight for you

Try again;

TIGER WOODS' CURRENT SPONSORS

As of January 2017, Woods had endorsement deals with the following companies:

• Nike Golf, which signed Woods in 1996 and built its golf division around Woods. Nike stopped making golf clubs in 2016, but still outfits Woods in apparel and shoes.
  • TaylorMade Golf, who Woods signed with in January 2017 to play its woods, irons and wedges.
  • Bridgestone Golf, which has Woods signed to a golf ball deal.
  • Rolex, the watch makers.
  • Kowa, a diversified Japanese company whose pharmaceutical products include a pain medicine for which Woods does ads that air in Japan.
  • Upper Deck, the sports cards and collectibles company.
  • Hero Motor Group, the India-based motorcycle maker.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Physics, chemistry, whatever.

I remember the old DuPont ads: better living through chemistry.

That was also Jerry Garcia's motto

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882